Football The 2010/2011 Season Thread

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I know this, just think it's poor show. If he wanted to go so bad I'm sure he could have done a deal whereby he signs a 1 year deal and gets transfer listed so that Everton can recoup a nominal fee. Say a £1million or so.

Rofl - so let's agree, Everton is a club which failed to offer him a new contract before his old one ran out - he should go back to them and offer them to give him a contract just so he could miss out on a sign-on bonus?

Everton should have shown their talent some respect from the start and given him a new and improved contract as he was getting more and more time in PL matches.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I don't know why any bigger clubs havent gone for him, infact i think anyone in Everton's midfield could get into a top four club.

I think it's testament to the fact that Moyes is a good manager.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Rofl - so let's agree, Everton is a club which failed to offer him a new contract before his old one ran out - he should go back to them and offer them to give him a contract just so he could miss out on a sign-on bonus?

Everton should have shown their talent some respect from the start and given him a new and improved contract as he was getting more and more time in PL matches.

Erm no, they did offer him a new contract, they were in negotiations. Be very clear here, Everton offered him a new deal verbally. They admitted that they over looked the rule that allowed him to leave if no written offer was made. It was an admin error that Gosling and his agent took advantage of.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Not actually offering him a contract is a pretty fuckin' big admin error!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Verbal contracts arent binding in England anyways, so not giving it in writting is stupid... if it was a Scottish Club and they offered and he agreed it would be different.

I thought they would still get "compensated" by newcastle but it wouldnt be much. But not looked into this case, maybe they get nothing due to no written contract offer. Bah I should actually look into things before talking but that no fun :D

Marc

FH is my second home
Jesus christ, ive spent the last couple of days listening to my totally unbiased liverpool supporting mates go on about Joe cole. They seem to think they have signed a cross of Maradona and Pele at their best with a little bit of Cruyff thrown in for good measure.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I like Joe Cole but I'd have to say there are big question marks against his fitness, and his rumoured wages seem extremely over the top.

Villa appear to be in a poor position this Summer with no money for transfers and any signings being dependent on getting fees in for people like Luke Young, Shorey, Sidwell, Reo-Coker and (of course) James Milner.

The link with Flamini in the papers today is hopeful but potential signings like Aiden McGeady, Stephen Ireland and Robbie Keane don't exactly have me excited. Looks like tough times for the Premier League all round with clubs spending ability slashed.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I like Joe Cole but I'd have to say there are big question marks against his fitness, and his rumoured wages seem extremely over the top.

Villa appear to be in a poor position this Summer with no money for transfers and any signings being dependent on getting fees in for people like Luke Young, Shorey, Sidwell, Reo-Coker and (of course) James Milner.

The link with Flamini in the papers today is hopeful but potential signings like Aiden McGeady, Stephen Ireland and Robbie Keane don't exactly have me excited. Looks like tough times for the Premier League all round with clubs spending ability slashed.

There is nothing wrong with his wages, if Liverpool had of wanted to sign him they would have paid between 8-10 million pounds and then his wages.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
There is nothing wrong with his wages, if Liverpool had of wanted to sign him they would have paid between 8-10 million pounds and then his wages.
19m is the amount of i've seen reported for what his contract is worth. For someone who has done next to nothing for 2 years and never had regular first team football, it's qute a lot.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Michael-Chopra-goal-celeb-Cardiff-v-Swansea_2438859.jpg

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Hahahaha holy shit that heskey thing had me in stitches

gohan

FH is my second home
im quietly confidant about liverpool this year

hodgson will do really well, losing benayoun was a blow but imo he should have been starting every game can't blame him for wanting out, same with aurellio, playing second fiddle to insua who was shit

cole was such a good signing tho, i've always loved him and been screaming for him to play for england at the WC when he was on a free and arsenal man u an spurs were all linked but liverpool werent i was gutted, then suddenly we singed him, nearly wet myself
aparently trying to get wayne bridge in aswell witch would be good

riena
johnson carra agger bridge
mash
kuyt maxi
gerrard cole
torres

4-3-3 or 4-5-1 really

problem will still be depth and injury covers but with that new slovak striker and ngog + players like aquillani skrle wilson from rangers and few youth players ect

i just hope
A. we dont lose mascherano
B. hodgson doesn't rate lucas cos if he plays all season again we are DOOOOOOOMED

gohan

FH is my second home
19m is the amount of i've seen reported for what his contract is worth. For someone who has done next to nothing for 2 years and never had regular first team football, it's qute a lot.

thats for 4 years tho 4.75 per year about 90k a week

when u consider gerrard is on like 140 as is torress and carragher is on about 70k then 90k seems about right for joe cole

im mean berbatov would have cost united 50mill for 4 years with wages and fee's

so 20 mill isnt bad

gohan

FH is my second home
Chelsea won for me
United won for me
Arsenal won twice for me
U19 england won for me
U19 France won for me
Wolves won for me
then the bindipping scousers couldnt even beat a team called grasshoppers!!!!!!

lol ye but it was a friendly with none of our WC players

so

riena johnson carra agger skrtle cole gerrard torres mash maxi kuyt bable all not playing not exactly leaving us much of a team to field

Turamber

Part of the furniture
You are rather assuming that Joe Cole will play regularly though, and to be honest I don't think he will. His fitness levels are a major concern. On a pay as you play basis it might not be too bad but afaik he's not on that kind of deal...

Also, sorry, but Wayne Bridge is a wretched left back.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I notice Liverpool have a Europa game next Thursday i know its FK Rabotnicki but they don't have a lot of the world cup players back yet. Even if Torres Mache Reina Gerrard Johnson ect come back Monday they will not be in decent shape for a competitive game Thursday so it will come down to reserves and Youth.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I notice Liverpool have a Europa game next Thursday i know its FK Rabotnicki but they don't have a lot of the world cup players back yet. Even if Torres Mache Reina Gerrard Johnson ect come back Monday they will not be in decent shape for a competitive game Thursday so it will come down to reserves and Youth.

Hodgson said last week he will not play any World Cup players in that game.

Also gohan: Kuyt in a deep midfield role? LOLOLOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom