thanks sorusi ...

V

vintervargen

- Fixing some bugs with some Celtic Dual and Dual Wield combat styles to make them do commensurate damage as other tanks.

this is nice, if it would be

- Fixing Celtic Dual and Dual Wield combat styles to make them do commensurate damage as other tanks.

why da hell did they add bugs? what bugs, the styles need to be improved..

G

Glacier

Originally posted by SilverHood
at least zerkers need one target at a time... rather than overpowered pbaoe that can kill or hurt an unlimited amount of people..

still other realms complain about hib pbae.. why??

Mids got the same thing, BUT with greater damage
Alb got it aswell, so why is only hib getting the whine? go make yourself your own pbae classes :)

Make AugHealers ans SuppSm's! mids wake up ;)

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Glacier
because it's pretty much the only thing Hib can use to kill them, so they notice it and whine about it, much like we notice all the zerkers killing us and we whine about it.

D

Danya

Hib is the worst realm for PBAE killing.
Mid has AE stun and a higher damage PBAE
Alb has BoF and SoS.
Hib has err lots of PBAE mages cos all other speclines are gimp.

D

datruth

<cough> hib pbae has that nice baseline stun with it :D
<cough> personally I don't mind LA on zerker's except for the free haste - remove that and zerker's are fine.
It's the bloody SB's that don't even have PA on their QB that make me cry! :eek:

D

Danya

Stun isn't very useful when you're pbaeing a group as it's not AE. Plus it sucks on tanks. Better to have a few slambots about. :p

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor

As for Midgard being the melee-realm, cool, but why does Hibernia get the best tank, then? ;P

How many times?????????

Being the 'melee' realm has squat to do with dmg output. It just means that Mid has more melee oriented chars.

If you really want it to be that Midgard has the best melee and Hib has the best casters whilst Alb has the best technology then an awful amount of nerfing would need to be done.

Midgard would get the best tanks.

Hibernia would get the best mages.

Albion invents gunpowder swiftly followed by the Gatling Gun :)

T

tris-

zzz more moans about someone can hit better than me, my dad is bigger than your dead etc... if everything is exactly the same dmg wise or what ever than why bother with 3 realms at all. every realm will be the same anyway just with different looking character models. why cant one realm be better than another?

i will use the war on iraq as an example because you can relate to it - who has better tehcnology, america/britain or iraq? america/britain of course. so do you think the UN should make every country have exactly the same technology before you can go to war? so no one is superior and everyone has an equal chance to kill everyone else? no of course not cos that would be silly wouldnt it. so why do you insist on every realm having the same dmg, the same type of spells, the same everything? if your all the same then where is the fun in battles then?

and dont say im trying to compare a game to the war, i never said it was i just used it for an example.

P

Piojo

klav your pretty fucking stupid aren't you.

I play this game for fun, I play chanter for fun if I didn't have fun I'd change.

Get the picture or is that just too hard for you to understand?

T

tris-

Originally posted by Piojo

probably right cos everyone must be better than anyone else because no fucking way is this a game, no sir this is real life and everything must evolve round it. forget fun.

F

Flimgoblin

Alb got it aswell, so why is only hib getting the whine? go make yourself your own pbae classes :)

Make AugHealers ans SuppSm's! mids wake up ;)

why bother? they can make 5 zerkers with determination, stick some buffs on them and do far better :)

C

cougar-

look at viking classboard, realy funny now, alot of trolling and lots of scared zerkers :)

A

Amadon

Originally posted by datruth
<cough> hib pbae has that nice baseline stun with it :D
that baseline stun is single target and has a 2.5 sec cast time (roughly)
it's utterly useless in pbae, you do not have time to stun 1 target before you pbae nevermind all of them, if you waste time stunning 1 target, either the other pbers have killed everyone or you're all dead

nevermind that the stun lasts as long as it takes to cast it

the stun isn't even that great against support classes and other mages - because of interrupts if you get your DD in before they do you're more effective than if you stun them first (if you're lucky the stun lets you get 2 casts in, generally it's just one tho)

i'd take a 1m13s root over a castable 9s stun anyday

oh.. and hib's only stun is on their casters and hib has no form of insta stun, and no form of ae stun

albs have insta stun on mincers and baseline stun on clerics (who wear chain, cf hib's stun classes wear cloth), but no ae stun either

T

Tesla Monkor

Fun. Everyone's playing for fun.

Where's the fun in playing your fun character and having fun Mythic nerf it because your fun isn't fun to someone else's fun when they're on the receiving end of your fun? ;P

Funfun. :)

E

Esoteric

Not that bad just buy end regen potions for full end heal <problem solved>. Thats if you can find an alchie to make the pots, they tend to /log /run /hide when anyone mentions regen pots too (for good reason too).

Eso

S

SilverHood

tell us make aug healers to get the higher level resists buffs.
then complain about insta stun

lol

useless flames now... not even gonna bother to argue :sleeping:

K

klavrynd

In what way are zerkers so bad at defence? Other than not carrying a shield they have no less defence than any other tank

how bout i log a full week of rvr and see how many times i parried and evaded and then say what fantastic defence zerks have (thats with 28+15 parry, capped dex, high qui, aug dex 2, aug qui 2 and dodger 2)

if i get one parry/evade per day its alot

mid doesnt have base heals and cc on every class so its rather hard to keep em alive , unlike hib

klav your pretty fucking stupid aren't you.

I play this game for fun, I play chanter for fun if I didn't have fun I'd change.

looks like i hit the sore spot...

About the insta aestun whines
at 38 pac you get a 9s aestun, deduct half of it due to resists and you have 4.5s aestun which gets you what ? one free hit? with some luck you might get sm(s) in for one pbae
at 48 pac you get a 10s stun which is decent, but you give up alot of points, leaving you with (if you go aug) 2 out of 3 resist buffs (the lowest variant) or some halfdecent healing if you go mend

(lets not consider boad ,gp and sos which nullify the effect of ae cc)

1234Taz

Originally posted by Amadon
that baseline stun is single target and has a 2.5 sec cast time (roughly)

If your casting at the speed the spell delves at you must have base dex. You prolly cast it more like 2s 1.8s.

nevermind that the stun lasts as long as it takes to cast it

I love it when Hibs say that, yes it does if that person has Det but on normal class's that dont have Det lasts around 7s which is anuff to pbae someone 3 times or cast 3 nukes and a debuff from range

T

tris-

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
Fun. Everyone's playing for fun.

Where's the fun in playing your fun character and having fun Mythic nerf it because your fun isn't fun to someone else's fun when they're on the receiving end of your fun? ;P

Funfun. :)

so why dont you quit if your not having fun?

(from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)
game (ENTERTAINING ACTIVITY) noun
1 [C] an entertaining activity

fun (PLEASURE) noun
pleasure, enjoyment, amusement:

if you dont get either of them 2 why do people insist on still playing and whining all the time.

E

eben

lol

Ice wizzies dont have pets (let alone snaring ones) for interrupts. Furthermore, until the next patch their casting time is a whole 20% slower than SMs and chanters who get pets!

SMs have the luxury of getting a healer friend AOE stun to drop enemies. Chanters have their own stun option too. Ice wizzies have clerics/minstrels for single target stun :(

Tell me how fair is that?

Wizzies need more damage to make up for not having pets.

E

eben

@whiners : ffs they haven't even DONE anything to zerkers yet. Wait ffs before whinging.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by 1234Taz
If your casting at the speed the spell delves at you must have base dex. You prolly cast it more like 2s 1.8s.
yeah ergo the roughly bit in brackets
it's still a far cry from instant

I love it when Hibs say that, yes it does if that person has Det but on normal class's that dont have Det lasts around 7s which is anuff to pbae someone 3 times or cast 3 nukes and a debuff from range
er.. just with capped heat resist at 26% it's reduced to 6.6s, take into account resist chants and AoM and you're well down to 4-5s, without taking into account det. And yes, 50%+ heat resists are very common (well 50%+ of any spell resists nowadays)
if you're in pb range when u cast stun then chances are u had to qc it because u're getting hit, meaning u have to wait for the combat round to end, so u have to write off another 2s before u can cast a pb, leaving u with 2-3s to cast a pb in, good luck getting 2 in. If you're not in pb range, then u have to run into range, cutting down the stunned time even more.
If it was insta then yeh.. it'd be pretty damn nifty, but being castable it's not worth the mana since you don't get an extra cast (oh and ranged nukes.. 2 nukes won't be enough to kill anyone not on low health, and you wont get 3 in before stun wears off, when stun wears off it comes down to who has qc available to interrupt, or MoC)

D

dakeyras

er.. just with capped heat resist at 26% it's reduced to 6.6s, take into account resist chants and AoM and you're well down to 4-5s, without taking into account det. And yes, 50%+ heat resists are very common (well 50%+ of any spell resists nowadays)

I think the baseline stuns have long since been an issue, certainly for main/light tanks. 48% resist + det 3 and they are no more than a speed bump :)

K

krait

Originally posted by n3wbie
so why dont you quit if your not having fun?

game (ENTERTAINING ACTIVITY) noun
1 [C] an entertaining activity

fun (PLEASURE) noun
pleasure, enjoyment, amusement:

if you dont get either of them 2 why do people insist on still playing and whining all the time.

We play another class even though we'd like our original class to be enjoyable again.

:(

C

cougar-

zzZzz:sleeping: zzZzzz:sleeping: whine:m00: dont even wanna imagine what happens when the nerf realy is released .

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by klavrynd
how bout i log a full week of rvr and see how many times i parried and evaded and then say what fantastic defence zerks have (thats with 28+15 parry, capped dex, high qui, aug dex 2, aug qui 2 and dodger 2)

The man said:
In what way are zerkers so bad at defence? Other than not carrying a shield they have no less defence than any other tank

He didn't say you were a parrying/evading monster

he said you have no less defence than any other tank.

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by eben
lol

Ice wizzies dont have pets (let alone snaring ones) for interrupts. Furthermore, until the next patch their casting time is a whole 20% slower than SMs and chanters who get pets!
by the time that patch hits the ice pbae is also 2.5 seconds (its in patch 1.59or somthing)

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by Danyan
TBH if they give Midgard a tank with uber damage because it's the melee realm then hibs should clearly get 400 delve spec nukes, 350 delve base nukes and 600 delve PBAE to make it the "magical" realm...

Zerkers have excellent defence. Not only do they have a huge amount of HP (and access to the race with the high base con), plus the pure tank RAs which are mostly designed to increase survivability. They also have melee defence that is at least on a par with pretty much any tank without a shield.
Compare:
Merc - 27% absorb, 5% evade, parry - effective 32% + parry
BM - 19% absorb, 15% evade, parry - effective 34% + parry
Zerker - 19% absorb, 15% evade, parry - effective 34% + parry
Polearmsman - 34% absorb, 0% evade, parry - effective 34% + parry
Spearo - 27% absorb, 5% evade, parry - effective 32% + parry
2h Warrior - 27% absorb, 5% evade, parry - effective 32% + parry

In what way are zerkers so bad at defence? Other than not carrying a shield they have no less defence than any other tank.

Actually your slightly wrong on the merc/bm part

Merc - 27% absorb, 5% evade, parry spec, shield spec
BM - 19% absord, 10% evade, parry spec, shield spec
Zerk - 19% absord, 15% evade, parry spec

see both merc and BM can spec shield. and if they do it will be atleast 42 shield for slam. slam > zerks

Users who are viewing this thread