thanks sorusi ...

S

Sharp Thing

lol, you can clearly see mid has never had a nerf before, well its not the end of the world so stop overreacting!

T

Tigerius

This is quite a pathetic display by the everpresent Zerker board trolls. Classes are getting nerfed every day and here comes Mythic saying they are LOOKING at a slight disparity regarding a buffs effect on a class, and look at you come crying like it was ragnarok itself. "might as well remove Midgard". Please, that's just senseless whining since you don't even know what it will mean.

Sure Mythic doesn't have a history of any balanced bat swings, they usually push the class into the bottom performerance halves, one could consider that the price for being at the top though but anyway. The only thing to judge by their statement is that they aren't considering LA itself overpowered just the continual styling.

I'm sorry to say but the reason you are crying so much is because you saw this coming a mile off and it's just the nightmare come true. While on the subject it is also apparent Mythic has no real intention of fixing CDW but rather trying to improve the band aids DT/TW.

K

klavrynd

5493400_F_tn.jpg

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by Solid
SHamans still got no insta CC cept Ichor

Alb still dont have ANY instant aeCC, mid got 3 versions.
if theres something mid dont need it's instant cc

E

eben

Originally posted by old.Atrox
Alb still dont have ANY instant aeCC, mid got 3 versions.
if theres something mid dont need it's instant cc

Beat me to it - I have 50 shaman on excal (41 cave 32 aug) and I think this class is fine.

Mid has enough insta CC, alb has none. If anyone needs it alb does. How about insta aoe mezz on sorcs?

G

gwal

funny how ppl keep whining instead of working out how to get the most form their char and realm........

K

Kagato.

lol so those few caster tweaks are what Mythic calls alb loving? All they did was adjust a few spells, what about Scouts, the weakest of the already weak archers, and when was the last time armsman got anything at all, even a glance ? heros and zerkers at least have a nice timered ability, as do mercs bms and lord knows what other classes. It will probably be another year of sub standard rvr for albs before we got another look now. In meantime hibs will get some love as will mids after that to tip the scales back against us, and I doubt anything they do to zerkers will be that dramatic.

D

Danya

BTW for "nice timered ability" read "not worth quickbar space" for dirty tricks. ;)

E

eben

Originally posted by Sharp Thing
LOL, zerkers oneshot me, i have never EVER oneshotted anyone my lvl, EVER

Well maybe, but how many zerkers threeshot GROUPS of people at once? :)

P

Piojo

hmm I think some of you have forgotten why you play games.

For FUN

Don't like your class? Roll another swap realm anything just don't fucking moan about anything and everything when you have the choice to do anything you want.

A

Addlcove

hmm I like this the best

Fixing some bugs with some Celtic Dual and Dual Wield combat styles to make them do commensurate damage as other tanks.

- Making Triple Wield more effective and usable more often.

- Making Dirty Tricks more effective and usable more often.

screw zergers (or zerkers whatever ;))

C

cougar-

poor midgard if they "fix" hib and neft leftaxe ~~

F

Flimgoblin

Trust me if they nerf Zerkers, Midgard dies, considering Zerks the only true above average performing tank in Midgard atm.

'above average performing' being 'doing double the damage of everything else out there'?

tbh if they make left axe anything like celtic dual then half the zerker population would have a heart attack - given that they're boosting dw/cd I'd be surprised if they nerfed it that bad - probably be something better than base styles but nowhere near what they are at the moment.

C

cougar-

yup, time to post some of jawz uberdmg warrior screens so we nerf em aswell ~~

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by cougar-
it doesent stop the merc and blademaster mafia ;)

heh not a very successful mafia - we've only been whining about damage for the past 14 months...

B

Belomar

lol Sharp a ManaChanter complaining bout Zerkers, that takes the buscuit.
Zerkers are the new manachanters. Perma-sprint, 2000+ hitpoints, 400+ hits every 2 seconds, hamster mode, nearly unstoppable in open-field RvR. Manachanters are limited in that they must get up close and personal in order to deal their horrendous damage (which is interruptible, unlike DF-spamming zerkers), i.e. in perfect position to be one- or two-shotted.
Trust me if they nerf Zerkers, Midgard dies, considering Zerks the only true above average performing tank in Midgard atm.
Nonsense. Jawz slams me for 450+ and then hits me for 650, that's a very nice two-shot, thank-you-very-much.
SHamans still got no insta CC cept Ichor, Mid resist buff potential sux with max healer resists being the 8% ones.
Whine some more. Who says a de-facto primary healing class should have CC anyway? Most realms are not so spoiled to have CC on their healing classes at all.

D

dakeyras

Don't think sorusi had much to do with it. Those screenies are fairly typical of what every Alb/Hib has had to suffer recently.

Mythic don't read an Individuals site and decide to nerf. As Sanya stated last week, the LA/End combo has been in the spotlight since January and that from the time it is decided a class is overpowered it takes an average of 3 months for the nerf to go live.

Anyone who can't admit that LA/End is overpowered is in denial.

And as for those intellectually challenged players who constantly harp on about Midgard being the 'melee' realm, it is the 'melee' realm because it has the most melee oriented chars...nowhere does that state that Midgard's melee should be any better than the other realms.

A

Agreac

Originally posted by dakeyras
nowhere does that state that Midgard's melee should be any better than the other realms.

Aha. Why they gave Midgard Left Axe then?

O

old.Trine Aquavit

First up, LAxe is only slightly overpowered as a style and I think that is intentional. Zerkers are intended to be the best offensive pure tank and the worst defensive pure tank and they wouldn't fit that bill if they were throwing out the same damage as other tanks while wearing only studded. They need a powerful style line.

The problem is that end regen makes a mockery of end limits on styles. When zerkers could only throw out three or four doublefrosts in a battle things were relatively balanced, sure they could do some nice frontloaded damage but, once their end was gone (and they used it faster than anyone) they lost 70% of their damage output.

Personally, I think the end regen is the problem. I think it would be better if end regen only kicked in when stationary or sitting out of combat (like it does without regen). That way endurance could be a limit on the damage output once again.

1234Taz

It does'nt say anything about savage's so I dont care :) , heck ive oneshoted a caster in epic without using a style :clap: . Long has they take away manachanters heat debuff ill be happy :rolleyes: .

K

klavrynd

hmm I think some of you have forgotten why you play games.

For FUN

Don't like your class? Roll another swap realm anything just don't fucking moan about anything and everything when you have the choice to do anything you want.

says the chanter...

Whine some more. Who says a de-facto primary healing class should have CC anyway?

shamans are as much a primary healing class as mentalism mentalists are. The mending line on shamans is far sub-par as is the cave line , which basically condemns them to being full time buffbots

Mythic don't read an Individuals site and decide to nerf

get some people to whine on vnboards and you'll get a nerf

Anyone who can't admit that LA/End is overpowered is in denial

it just may be on trolls with 3x qui

...nowhere does that state that Midgard's melee should be any better than the other realms.

nope, that's hibernia's role

It isn't the first time that mythic fucked over the class
reduce critrange on teddy from 50-100% to 1-100%
reduce damage on doublefrost
and the stealthnerfs that nobody seems to see in both snowblind and especially aurora borealis which don't come near the damage they used to do.

P

Puppetmistress

lol Sharp a ManaChanter complaining bout Zerkers, that takes the buscuit.

Skalds are horribly buggered atm, Thanes are same as always aka gimped at the bottom of the rp pile, SHamans still got no insta CC cept Ichor, Mid resist buff potential sux with max healer resists being the 8% ones.

Oh and they gonan do Hib love first, next patch gonna really hurt Midgard if they dont address some of the above issues at the same time.

OMG. OMG.. OMG!!! you're clueless!

a) Zerkers aren not above average tanks. They are TOP OF THE TOP OF THE TOP. That needs nerfing.

b) you got savages, another tank who performs pretty damn good.

c) You got insta-AoE-CC, both stun and mezz, on your healer. No need for a shaman to get that (too). We don't even have that kinda insta-crap in Albion.

d) Healer can get 24% resists-buffs, in the augmentation spec. Too bad you want all your healers to be uber 'pac pac pac pac pac' specced for uber insta insta insta mezz/stun. Your fault! Most clerics in Albion spec rejuv/enh (= mending/augm for Mid-healers). Ever considered that? And bring a 2nd healer for CC (we have that too, a sorcerer).

You got nice classes, but you are blinding yourself to fixed specs and insta's.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
First up, LAxe is only slightly overpowered as a style and I think that is intentional. Zerkers are intended to be the best offensive pure tank and the worst defensive pure tank and they wouldn't fit that bill if they were throwing out the same damage as other tanks while wearing only studded. They need a powerful style line.
if they gave them cloth armour I'd almost agree - they're currently the same as a blademaster.

The problem is that end regen makes a mockery of end limits on styles. When zerkers could only throw out three or four doublefrosts in a battle things were relatively balanced, sure they could do some nice frontloaded damage but, once their end was gone (and they used it faster than anyone) they lost 70% of their damage output.
The styles are overpowered - they just didn't get to be overpowered for very long before :) now they get it in a 10m buff of goodness. I'm all for reducing their end costs along with the damage (if it's any more than the other style lines that is)

Personally, I think the end regen is the problem. I think it would be better if end regen only kicked in when stationary or sitting out of combat (like it does without regen). That way endurance could be a limit on the damage output once again.

that's actually not a bad idea - however end regens at a silly rate sitting anyway... would completely change the dynamic of it and Paladins would feel very nerfed.

T

Tesla Monkor

Heehee. What a noise. o_o

Mythic said they'd LOOK at it. Doesn't mean they're going to change a damn thing. The problem isn't the Zerker, it's the large amount of endurance they MAY (Read, MAY. Zerkers aren't born with it. ;P) have through the possible presence of an endurance buff. Without the buff the Zerker hasn't changed a single bit.

How or if they're going to 'fix' or change that remains to be seen.

Leave all the other classes out of it. Healers have nothing to do with the equation, nor does insta-CC. (Albion's pet peeve). The fact that it was the shaman who got the endurance buff is circumstatial.

As for Midgard being the melee-realm, cool, but why does Hibernia get the best tank, then? ;P

D

Danya

TBH if they give Midgard a tank with uber damage because it's the melee realm then hibs should clearly get 400 delve spec nukes, 350 delve base nukes and 600 delve PBAE to make it the "magical" realm...

First up, LAxe is only slightly overpowered as a style and I think that is intentional. Zerkers are intended to be the best offensive pure tank and the worst defensive pure tank and they wouldn't fit that bill if they were throwing out the same damage as other tanks while wearing only studded. They need a powerful style line
Zerkers have excellent defence. Not only do they have a huge amount of HP (and access to the race with the high base con), plus the pure tank RAs which are mostly designed to increase survivability. They also have melee defence that is at least on a par with pretty much any tank without a shield.
Compare:
Merc - 27% absorb, 5% evade, parry - effective 32% + parry
BM - 19% absorb, 15% evade, parry - effective 34% + parry
Zerker - 19% absorb, 15% evade, parry - effective 34% + parry
Polearmsman - 34% absorb, 0% evade, parry - effective 34% + parry
Spearo - 27% absorb, 5% evade, parry - effective 32% + parry
2h Warrior - 27% absorb, 5% evade, parry - effective 32% + parry

In what way are zerkers so bad at defence? Other than not carrying a shield they have no less defence than any other tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom