News Tesco unwittingly selling horse burgers...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Eating processed food does not equal malnutrition.

Processed food has -less- nutrients(quite like overboiling potatoes has less then well prepared and prepared have over raw), but that does not mean malnutrition is caused by it.

People not getting enough nutrients causes malnutrition. Quite like alcohol doesn't cause drunk driving, or a mass murderer playing call of duty doesn't make call of duty the reason.

No one is disclaiming the nutrient value of a self prepared food.

To put it in dumbass terms; processed food has less stuff then prepared food. You need enough stuff or sh*t happens.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
That 100% processed horse meat Findus Lasagne, will give you all the nutrition you need, likewise a big mac and fries, our food is not low in nutrition, it's just high in calories and being fat ain't attractive, well not these days anyway, back in the 1700's it was very attractive, because poor common people were skinny and being fat meant you were successful.
Now we are running out of things to moan about, we have started finding very dubious 'issues' with our food, blaming it on a whole host of invented illnesses, my favourite is 'E numbers', they were the result of the European union clamping down on dodgy additives and restricting them to one's that had passed extensive testing, so then the hippies started crying about 'E' numbers like they were the Devil spawned, simply because they had chemical names, if they had called them bogwart root extract, no one would say a thing.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Shame there isn't a facepalm/Poor spelling and grammar combo breaker rating.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
here we go... Job talking shite and Scouse preaching, with a side of Toht troll.

Goodbye thread.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Aye, tis no wonder lots of regulars don't really come here anymore.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
here we go... Job talking shite and Scouse preaching, with a side of Toht troll.

Goodbye thread.
Aye, tis no wonder lots of regulars don't really come here anymore.

I'd say its a combination of that and there being a thread for everything, give them an easier time of it as they only have to combo roll on 3 maybe 4 threads instead of 24 or 25...

Job

Im not talking shite..you just dont like the truth..so you throw rocks at it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That 100% processed horse meat Findus Lasagne, will give you all the nutrition you need, likewise a big mac and fries

I was going to use this as an extended example, wish I had now.

You cannot live on a McDonalds diet. You'll suffer severe malnutrition if you do.

Skeletel problems, skin problems, heart problems, other abnormalities would all occur. Whilst having a large amount of calories it lacks the nutrients the body needs in sufficient quantities. If you eat enough McD's to get them you'll be hitting a 40-stone heart attack before very long at all.

McDonalds isn't food. It's simply a "flavour break". If it's consumed often its a flavour break for retards.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'd say its a combination of that and there being a thread for everything, give them an easier time of it as they only have to combo roll on 3 maybe 4 threads instead of 24 or 25...

Well I'm just going off what some people have told me directly. I don't think "general" threading has anything to do with it. It's certainly never been mentioned to me as to why people have decided to leave, or post/visit incredibly rarely now.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well I'm just going off what some people have told me directly. I don't think "general" threading has anything to do with it. It's certainly never been mentioned to me as to why people have decided to leave, or post/visit incredibly rarely now.
It just doesn't help, if they're off having an "discussion" elsewhere then some threads survive, less threads = less survive tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It just doesn't help, if they're off having an "discussion" elsewhere then some threads survive, less threads = less survive tbh.

Yup.

People used to post a thread about whatever it was that interested them. Now it's a one liner in whatever annoys/whatever you've done/what book/tv/film, yadda yadda, with no discussion of that individual's topic...

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I have to admit I'm surprised Scouse's comments seem so controversial. I thought the link between poverty and poor health was well established and health and attractiveness go hand in hand.

rynnor

Rockhound
Fweddy said:
I have to admit I'm surprised Scouse's comments seem so controversial. I thought the link between poverty and poor health was well established and health and attractiveness go hand in hand.

A lot of nutrition is bollocks though - primarily you need your calories.

Beyond that you need enough vitamins to stave off deficiency (which is much less than rda's)
and the same for minerals.

Most of this should be easy for anyone not a veggie.

Job

You could easily amd healthily live on adiet of big mac meals..the entire malnourished population of the world would be saved by one bm meal..there is all the vtamins..minerals..salts..protein and fats you need..being the poster boy for junk food tends to sway objective thinking...next youll be saying greasy food goves you spots.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Apologies if my post came out as trollish, it was not my intention, even if i do admit it was a pointless rabble on nitpicky issue ;)

gohan

FH is my second home
I like pie!!! Where does pie sit on this discussion o0?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Apologies if my post came out as trollish, it was not my intention, even if i do admit it was a pointless rabble on nitpicky issue ;)

My comment was a joke, folks are so serious around here. I actually think scouse is spot on. You are what you eat.

gohan

FH is my second home
So if I eat vegatables will I fall into a coma?? :(

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Job said:
You could easily amd healthily live on adiet of big mac meals..the entire malnourished population of the world would be saved by one bm meal..there is all the vtamins..minerals..salts..protein and fats you need..being the poster boy for junk food tends to sway objective thinking...next youll be saying greasy food goves you spots.

You have obviously not seen the film where the guy ate nothing but mc donalds food for a month? Super Size Me.

His health deteriorated quite rapidly. So yes it may be able to live on it but it can also kill you.

rynnor

Rockhound
You have obviously not seen the film where the guy ate nothing but mc donalds food for a month? Super Size Me.

His health deteriorated quite rapidly. So yes it may be able to live on it but it can also kill you.

I thought everyone knew that 'documentary' was debunked - clearly not...

rynnor

Rockhound
So if I eat vegatables will I fall into a coma?? :(

You will gain the power to photosynthesise though :p - you are what you eat is the kind of primitive human superstition that makes chinese people pay vast amounts for tiger penises etc.

Job

Yes I did, it was utter junkscience bullshit.
It's an obscenity that such ludicrously biased and outright lying bollocks can be shown on TV without someone counteracting with the actual facts..all this 'balanced' diet and 'five a day' claptrap is not based on actual science, it's meddling by politicians who are trying to accomodate the hippie brigade while simultaneously lining the pockets of the food industry who charge you more for the privilige of assuming you are 'healthier' by following some voodoo indoctrination.
Does your dog eat a 'balanced' diet? It was invented for the food industry.
Five a day? Invented by the US government to shore up the farmers.

rynnor

Rockhound
debunked in what way?!

It was garbage - you could actually live on McDonalds if you picked the right stuff. Theres a follow up doc that showed someone living solely off McDonalds food and losing weight.

Obviously if you pig out on whatever food you will get fat and unhealthy - is that news?

Job

If they've been getting away with putting horse meat in the food, fuck knows what else they've been doing, this is going to get nasty.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Indeed, Soylent Green!!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
It was garbage - you could actually live on McDonalds if you picked the right stuff. Theres a follow up doc that showed someone living solely off McDonalds food and losing weight.

Obviously if you pig out on whatever food you will get fat and unhealthy - is that news?
ermm in the documentary he follows rules not only dictating what he eats, but also how much he walks (eg the average american, or the 5000 steps rule.) I suppose because of the double rule of both nutrition and activity, it becomes very hard to judge what exactly is to blame here.

rynnor

Rockhound
ermm in the documentary he follows rules not only dictating what he eats, but also how much he walks

It wasnt a documentary in the true sense though - the bloke set out to show what he wanted - all you watched was a film - who knows what he really did etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom