Tera - The New Hotness

ECA

I am a FH squatter
So on reflection, DAOC was bad because wow has a lot more subscribers thus wow is the better game? :)

Oh wait....

Bahumat

FH is my second home
That might be the case, but DAoC's layout certainly wasn't all that great for ffa pvp

I never had problems. If I wanted pvp, I would goto the most obvious pve places such as the apple tree's between AC and Gothwaite. If I wanted hardcore action I would goto Goth or Aegir etc. If you wanted to pve in peace, it was not exactly difficult.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So on reflection, DAOC was bad because wow has a lot more subscribers thus wow is the better game? :)

Oh wait....

I'm not comparing DAoC to WoW here. In fact i've never claimed that WoW's pvp were better in any way, just easier to live with.

The ruleset on DAoC's FFA servers were a mess to begin with as all it did were convince ppl that ganking lowbies for XP were the proper thing to do.

FFA pvp can be really good, but it requires the game to be developed from the ground up with FFA pvp as the goal. Not ported from something else.

Well, it might have been different if they had a FFA pvp server directly at release when ppl didn't have their minds set in stone how the game should be played instead of adding it ~7 years down the road.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I never had problems. If I wanted pvp, I would goto the most obvious pve places such as the apple tree's between AC and Gothwaite.

But ganking pve'ers is not pvp, its grieving, even if it was allowed.

and i wouldn't even call the rumbles at goth or aegir pvp either. just massive addfests with no purpose what so ever.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Hunting for 50 buffbots and afk casters on my 36 Thane Fluffatron was the fershizzznay !

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
This company sells accounts+Gametime .
Newgameway

Register on newgameway first, then buy account, if you have any problems getting in ( must login to tera.hangame.com w/ internet explorer in order to download )

you can also get security questions that require KSSN/etc that you might struggle with if you don't know about them, but I can help w/ any problems you might have like that.

The english community is generally from terafans and on the mystel server, I'm rolling w/ my guild though and we're also on mystel - there are a bunch of public guilds you can hook up with nps.

The interface/controls are pretty standard and translations for every part of the game are available with a little google fu.

I may be intrested just for the sake of testing, i have send u my msn with private message, so any time u are online in this weekend feel free to contact me so i test this thing :D

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Sure its fun. But is it pvp? not really :)

And ganking people PvEing in Open world zones is ?:p

Open world pvp just doesnt work, on camlann it wasn't too bad if you had a brain but a set zone in realtime for pvp = win

Everz

FH is my second home
DAoC FFA PvP worked well tbh, it was just that changes made on RvR servers had huge knockon effects to them, Catacombs was also a massive killer. Anyone who failed on DAoC PvP servers may aswell never bother playing a pvp game ever again, It was beyond easy to get by on Camlann.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yes you're totally right, that's why it was so popular eh? :)

Oh wait....

One of the reasons (there were more) that Camlann died was the SI necklace quest exploit when hundreds of accounts got insta banned, that sure as hell didnt help the population :p I think like 700+ accounts were banned at the same time due to it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
One of the reasons (there were more) that Camlann died was the SI necklace quest exploit when hundreds of accounts got insta banned, that sure as hell didnt help the population :p I think like 700+ accounts were banned at the same time due to it.

Ooooh, yeah that probably had something to do with it, tho i can't say i remember hearing about it..

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Next patch, cross server rifting ( aion rifting, not rift rifts ) is coming.

icame.
Anyone not on the bandwagon may now proceed to jump aboard.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

icame.

I might give it a go if it's available in decent english...

Fast

Part of the furniture
The euro server testing started few days ago I believe. I'll give it go if we get an open beta.

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved

icame.

ok i started playing at sunday,

1. superb graphics
2. superb superchicks
3. nice combat mechanics

but,
1st i dont even know the server name i joined, how i can join yours?
2nd ability queue sux, can i remove it ?
3rd NOBODY NOTICED that the combat system sux because whenever you use an attack ability your character stops moving.? ( if you cant remove it the game has a SERIOUS combat system problem

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The server we're on is:

이스텔 ( Mystel )

I think the third point you mention is a logical requirement of the combat system, it makes you get punished if you make bad combat choices, you'd never get hit otherwise.

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
The server we're on is:

이스텔 ( Mystel )

I think the third point you mention is a logical requirement of the combat system, it makes you get punished if you make bad combat choices, you'd never get hit otherwise.

actually it is the combat system they used in L2.
yeah but that makes latency more of an issue

btw can u remove the "ability queue" ?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Hmmm you mean the spacebar = next combo ability ?

Everz

FH is my second home
Ooooh, yeah that probably had something to do with it, tho i can't say i remember hearing about it..

It killed Camlann from about 1000 odd pop down to the mere 200s, put it that way.

GoA in there infinite wisdom decided not to roll back, but ban everyone and there mom. R.I.P camlann account :(.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
actually it is the combat system they used in L2.

ah, then i'l pass. If they can't even get the combat smooth after all these years i don't want anything to do with it.

It's annoying enough when i play AoC, i don't need another game to add to it :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
ah, then i'l pass. If they can't even get the combat smooth after all these years i don't want anything to do with it.

It's annoying enough when i play AoC, i don't need another game to add to it :)

I dunno what he's talking about as the combat is smooth and fluid to play. The fact that you can't move while executing an attack seems rather sensible to me.

When my new PC arrives i'll be posting a ton of video.

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
for people that didnt got it

if u autorun and hit attack, the character stops moving so he executes the attack ability u used. means u cant "out-strafe" pwn your opponent, no matter what u do, if u attack the character stops moving, it may seems perfectly normal for a ranger class and/or a caster, but for a melee to not be able to move and attack at the same time, is rather annoying.

I am not flaming the game, i will actually test it even more, but this combat system should be mentioned because many people for obvious reasons will NOT like this kind of combat system and it will force them away from the game.

It may not bother you, but it will bother others, hence it should be mentioned.

And about the L2 reference, is that this kind of combat system ( that you stop doing moving when u attack ) was used in my knowledge in only one other game and it was lineage 2.

U may hate me for saying this and i absolutely dont want because as i want if u can to help me with some guidance to this korean game, but "weird" combat systems, that are not used in most mmorpgs should be mentioned cause it's actually unique and for some players disturbing.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
No hate, just pointing out that with the way you can dodge attacks in tera, if you could move while attacking you could just hold down left/right and never be hit just by circle strafing any PVE mob.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
No hate, just pointing out that with the way you can dodge attacks in tera, if you could move while attacking you could just hold down left/right and never be hit just by circle strafing any PVE mob.

Dodge attacks how exactly? Is that by game design or just bad coding?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
And about the L2 reference, is that this kind of combat system ( that you stop doing moving when u attack ) was used in my knowledge in only one other game and it was lineage 2.

Pretty much every Asian MMO seems to have it with a few exceptions.

They seem to be overly attached to creating insanely good looking melee/cast animations that they just don't get the time to do everything else properly. :)

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
Dodge attacks how exactly? Is that by game design or just bad coding?

most of the mobs have some quick normal attacks, and some attacks that are WAAAAAAYY to slow, and that u can dodge them. if u get hit ( like a noob ) u will take shit loads of dmg.

same goes for pvp i guess, if all opponents stop to attack. means that if e.g u duel someone, the one who attacks first *always* will get hit from behind or sthing like that, that's not actually true, but just giving a bad example.

the combat system seems to be more of strategic rather action, giving a more rpg feel to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom