Tera - The New Hotness

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
ECA, is it a grind game? i'm assuming it will be since its korean.

Punishment

Resident Freddy

The developers said they were very aware of Asian mmos being seen as grind games so they went a different route, thats from the official site

ECA

I am a FH squatter

No, it's not that grindy at all.
Any preconceptions you have of it because it's korean are wrong.

pito

Loyal Freddie
dam the client download crashed so now i have to start all over again it was at 73%!!!

pito

Loyal Freddie
anyway while i wait for download again! what server are you and your mates on and what sort of class do you guys need have less of? i rather roll on the same server if you don't mind since my korean is a bit rusty :) and it would be nice to have someone to at least say hi to :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
looks like Lineage-alike, smells like Linegage-alike...
it may well be different, but that video made me want to run a mile

Aion was "westernised" to be "less grindy".. so excuse me for not taking that as scripture ;)
and also...

lol your in "BOON control" ?

Mabs

Did you miss the part where I'm playing on the korean servers?

yes.

nope, I just dont trust that style of MMO, Aion being an example of why. its just a gut reaction, didnt say it was right, more that i tend to avoid them for that reason :)

and i find BOON control amusing, tend to be very gobby in PVP :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
So when I say it isnt grindy, and you say you dont believe it's not going to be westernised to be non grindy that doesn't make your head hurt as a nonsensical statement when I say I'm on the korean servers so...

Mabs

So when I say it isnt grindy, and you say you dont believe it's not going to be westernised to be non grindy that doesn't make your head hurt as a nonsensical statement when I say I'm on the korean servers so...

you rteached top level ? seen all the content ?
when you do that and done all the "rep grinding" etc

then ill believe its not "grindy " :p

and grind is entirely perspective based, so ones mans grind isnt that bad for osmeone else

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
No, it's not that grindy at all.
Any preconceptions you have of it because it's korean are wrong.

Good to hear :) glad to hear they're doing it differently now. I'm very interested in it now.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
All super weird movement controls-alike to? :/

I'm scared of trying the game now :(

Controls are sexy, wasd + mouse, mouse1 is autoattack, mouse2 is typically bound to an attack as well, mouse4 is already set to autorun and F is your interact/loot/talktopeople button.

I didn't have to rebind anything until lvl 20+. ( lvl 20 = mount, so I bound mouse 5 to a bar button slot and put the mount there :p ).

Best thing about the mount is that it is almost instant mount/dismount and doesn't interupt autorun which is so freakin nice.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Pito, what are your thoughts so far? ^^ Need more people to convince the plebs.

Tera is > WHO, rift, aoc, etc etc hands down by a million miles. It's not even close.

Marc

FH is my second home
Generic sword and magic MMO.

Will be down to 10k subscribers within 2 years of launch

pito

Loyal Freddie
Pito, what are your thoughts so far? ^^ Need more people to convince the plebs.

Tera is > WHO, rift, aoc, etc etc hands down by a million miles. It's not even close.

I have to disagree is not better than any other mmo out there at the moment IS HELL OF A LOT BETTER is like asking, what is better having sex with a beautiful girl or with the daughters of captain fist. The controls are easy and responsive you actually need to think and adapt is not just click mindless you actually have to move aim and watch what the target is doing, the AI actually learns what you are doing and changes its strategy (I am only lvl10) so far I am very impressed and can't wait to get home and play some more :).
The only thing I dislike is the language barrier and is more to do with been able to understand the lore of it since I am person that likes where things come from and why they are the way they are.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Generic sword and magic MMO.

Will be down to 10k subscribers within 2 years of launch

rofl, all the people I've converted from other games are loving it. Pretty much every single person is saying that it's the best mmo they've played in the last few years.

Your trolling-fu is weak.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
rofl, all the people I've converted from other games are loving it. Pretty much every single person is saying that it's the best mmo they've played in the last few years.

Well they are probably sharing the same taste in games as you so that couldn't have been very hard... :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Controls are sexy, wasd + mouse, mouse1 is autoattack, mouse2 is typically bound to an attack as well, mouse4 is already set to autorun and F is your interact/loot/talktopeople button.

I didn't have to rebind anything until lvl 20+. ( lvl 20 = mount, so I bound mouse 5 to a bar button slot and put the mount there :p ).

Best thing about the mount is that it is almost instant mount/dismount and doesn't interupt autorun which is so freakin nice.

Ooh, could it be that an asian MMO maker actually have figured out a proper control system then?

Mabs

bEST THINGE VAR!!"!""!"!"!"

3 weeks later

bored, its shit, no content, whats next BEST THINGEVERRRRE!"!""£!£

always happens :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
bEST THINGE VAR!!"!""!"!"!"

3 weeks later

bored, its shit, no content, whats next BEST THINGEVERRRRE!"!""£!£

always happens :)

I was bashing rift before it even came out :p
On the beta thread for my guild I'm pretty sure I called it ass shit.
I'm not one to overhype things, or buy into other peoples hype.

I've played aoc, who, rift, DCU since leaving wow, and tera is clearly the best of all of them. Even unreleased right now it's in a better state than any of them are currently, let alone comparing them release for release.

Mabs

that wasnt aimed at you particularly, just general short-attention span people :p

pito

Loyal Freddie
All I can say is try it and then tell us we are wrong is ok to sit on the sidelines and say "yea is dog shit" but we are actually playing it and so we have a good opinion of the game.
Of course if you don't want to that is fine we or at least I won't hold a gun to your head and make you, but one thing is for sure the game is very good and I believe you would not be disappointed if anything I think you would see why we are so hyped about it.

Mabs

All I can say is try it and then tell us we are wrong is ok to sit on the sidelines and say "yea is dog shit" but we are actually playing it and so we have a good opinion of the game.
Of course if you don't want to that is fine we or at least I won't hold a gun to your head and make you, but one thing is for sure the game is very good and I believe you would not be disappointed if anything I think you would see why we are so hyped about it.

and again with missing the point

i dont care if you think its MEGA ACE now, i will be suprised if anyone is even talking about it, let alone playing it, in 6 weeks.

thats my point

feel free to prove me wrong though :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
So fuck off posting and see if we're still posting in 6 weeks, stop shitting up the topic please :p

pito

Loyal Freddie
and again with missing the point

i dont care if you think its MEGA ACE now, i will be suprised if anyone is even talking about it, let alone playing it, in 6 weeks.

thats my point

feel free to prove me wrong though :p

i think i already have since the game has not been released in NA/EU yet i am sure you will see another thread in here when the game does get released here. ;P

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I might give it a go once it release in EU.

Or well, i most likely will.

I tend to try most new MMO's that seems at least decent, with the exception of darkfail....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom