Tera - The New Hotness

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm playing the korean version right now, and this game is going to blow western MMOs the fuck up.

Amazing art direction, great engine, FUN COMBAT, great mix of levelling content, plentiful ( and non rift ghetto ) dungeons, SINGLE FACTION OPEN PVP from 40+ , arenas already ( but not for rating, you can however gamble items/money and set group sizes from 1-10 people ).

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I'm playing the korean version right now, and this game is going to blow western MMOs the fuck up.

Amazing art direction, great engine, FUN COMBAT, great mix of levelling content, plentiful ( and non rift ghetto ) dungeons, SINGLE FACTION OPEN PVP from 40+ , arenas already ( but not for rating, you can however gamble items/money and set group sizes from 1-10 people ).

Links man Links !

YouTube - Tera Online: New MMO coming out this year

It does look great tho :D

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You can dodge monster attacks, and ranged attacks are all dodgeable projectile.

It's like an awesome mix of games.

The first ( lvl 19+ ) instance is the best instance I've ever played in any MMO ever.
The bossfights are so much fun ( longer than a lot of wow raid bosses take ).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So basically its Aion with just 1 faction and no wings?

There's even fucking Muu Muu's in that vid!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
So basically its Aion with just 1 faction and no wings?

There's even fucking Muu Muu's in that vid!

It's nothing like Aion, except that it's korean and very pretty.
They play very differently, and made by different companies ( tera already has content updates rolling out, unlike aion ).

- English -

Resident Freddy
just 1 faction though?

well will game designers learn

1 is shit, 2 is fail, 3 is win ;x

ECA

I am a FH squatter
1 is fine, because it's all about guild pvp/control. It's certainly better than 2 faction ( which we all know is godawful ).

Once you get to the 40+ zones it becomes open pvp, so it's a lot more world pvp'y than any mmo I can think of actually. Because of that, if someone ganks you well they can't run and hide as you can fuck them up anytime you see them outside of the city :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So basically its the same as Camlann (pvp server ruleset) ...which was horrid.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
just 1 faction though?

well will game designers learn

1 is shit, 2 is fail, 3 is win ;x

I much rather take one faction over two if three is not an option.

Because you can still get the same Type of gameplay as with 3 factions if your group fights another and a third adds that are "hostile" to both groups.

With 2 factions it's either friend or foe.

And Camlann was only a fail because it wasn't balanced for FFA PVP.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You have to declare PVP on someone and they get a 5 second warning, so it's not completely FFA style, and obviously if you dec someone their guild is going to dec you so there are reasons to discourage asshat pvp.

Everz

FH is my second home
So basically its the same as Camlann (pvp server ruleset) ...which was horrid.

Best ruleset ever invented. Those who dismiss DAoC FFA PvP never really tried the server (by this I mean at 50 level).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nothing can be worth getting ganked repeatedly as a level 6/7 (whatever it was) by groups of 50s as soon as you step out of a capital city.

But if the flags can be turned on/off it might have promise I suppose.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Nothing can be worth getting ganked repeatedly as a level 6/7 (whatever it was) by groups of 50s as soon as you step out of a capital city.

But if the flags can be turned on/off it might have promise I suppose.

Only the 40+ zones have pvp on, and it costs ~15000 ingame currency to gank someone - not that much but enough that you probably wouldn't want to roam as a 50 ganking 40-42s for the lulz.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Only the 40+ zones have pvp on, and it costs ~15000 ingame currency to gank someone - not that much but enough that you probably wouldn't want to roam as a 50 ganking 40-42s for the lulz.

Depends how cheap the gold will be to buy.

My guess is that it will be very cheap indeed if 15000 ingame currency isn't much.

So i suppose its a good thing to as if you spot someone ganking lowbies all day every day he's more then likely buying gold :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Beta tests schmeta tests, playing on korean servers until the games out here ( And I speak 0 korean ).

The game is amazing though, been playing for almost a week now, converted about 15 guildies and not 1 has not instantly fallen in love w/ the game.

Whether that holds up at endgame, will let you know in a few weeks :p

pito

Loyal Freddie
How are you playing it? I would like to try it.
This is one the games that is on my must list specially after the I don't think (I know) swotr is gonna be worse than wow fail of the lich king

ECA

I am a FH squatter
This company sells accounts+Gametime .
Newgameway

Register on newgameway first, then buy account, if you have any problems getting in ( must login to tera.hangame.com w/ internet explorer in order to download )

you can also get security questions that require KSSN/etc that you might struggle with if you don't know about them, but I can help w/ any problems you might have like that.

The english community is generally from terafans and on the mystel server, I'm rolling w/ my guild though and we're also on mystel - there are a bunch of public guilds you can hook up with nps.

The interface/controls are pretty standard and translations for every part of the game are available with a little google fu.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
If you buy an account via that site, they give you username, password, name ( in korean ) on kssn, and the kssn number.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It will be titled something like re: notification of payment recieved ( so don't ignore it thinking it's just a hey you paid us email ).

time taken varies from 10 minutes to 6-8hours max.

pito

Loyal Freddie
well according to the site they work in Norean time so +9 to my GMT so right now is 2 am so ill probably around midnight ill get the e-mail. (received the one from paypal so at least i know they have been paid)
have you used that site before?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yes, myself+10 or so guildies have used it with no problems so far.

pito

Loyal Freddie
ok cool so i guess ill just have to be patient. any one for some scrabble?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom