Tera - The New Hotness

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
But won't that mean that no one will use the "heavy hitters"?

I mean, i don't see a point in using them if all you gotta do is take a step back so it miss.

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
But won't that mean that no one will use the "heavy hitters"?

I mean, i don't see a point in using them if all you gotta do is take a step back so it miss.

it's the mobs and not the players who use these heavy hitters, players dont have at least from my small experience any heavy slow motion hitters.

Basicly bosses instead of creating lava under your feet so u have to move ( wow style ) they just make HEAVY slow motion attacks to u, so u have to move ( TERA style )

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
Aha, now i get it.

i played a priest, and at 6 lvl i saw jesus christ with my own eyes.

normally i would play a mage ( sorc ) but i tried to find the full spell list of each class, and i saw priest having sleep, while sorc had nothing, am i wrong ? am i right ? is priest actually the main CCer ?

well that didnt change the fact that the abilities i got at lvl 6 made me come.

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
The NA site/forums are at The Official TERA Website | TERA - True Action Combat, the EU ones at TERA Europe › Startseite › Frogster and there's #tera-online @ quakenet for your IRCing needs.

(note the trailing /en on the NA one, otherwise it redirects us to the EU site.)

If someone finds any BETA invitations let us know !! ;)

BTW anyone who can confirm what kind of CC this game has ? :eek: and i am not talking about roots-snares . but everything else, like priest's sleep spell ;o

eksdee

FH is my second home
Is it in EU beta yet? I don't use msn anymore Taki but you can contact me by that e-mail or crowdcontrol is our channel on irc if you ever use irc these days.

Probably won't bother beta testing yet another game, but I'd like to see/hear about the PvP this game has to offer. If you have to stand still to use abilities it's a non-starter though.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Very small EU/US closed tests right now on barely translated clients, game wont be out here till september at the earliest imo.

Small PVP vid of an american player watching some koreans kill a world boss lol.
- the other koreans watching get bored and PK him.

YouTube - Tera Online Field Boss - Getting PK'ed T_T

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
the 1 faction gives a lot of possibilities, u can actually make that ganking 5-6 man grp and PK everyone.

the warrning of 5 secs is of no issue imo cause there is no way to escape. and actually it's to the ganker's advantage.

the combat in this fight seems a lot smoother, and actually playing a meelee class will require a lot of skills. but at the same time will make ranged classes a lot better.

still it should be better to remove this 5 secs timer, and just make it instant, and the use of scroll imo is necessary so u dont mistakely pk someone next to u.

while at the same time they should make it so meeleers can hit and run. still it worths some attention if u can live with it or not.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
the warrning of 5 secs is of no issue imo cause there is no way to escape. and actually it's to the ganker's advantage.

I'm pretty sure that won't last long come EU release.

The PK's will end up getting the disadvantage, i can guarantee it. :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Wanna bet that the first thing the "king" does is starve the low level zones of mobs in favor of helping the high levels grind? :)

That isn't possible.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
That isn't possible.

No?

5. Kings have control over taxes and they will be able to choose the balance of how monsters spawn in the world. For example, if the King chooses to have less monsters spawn in the lower level areas of the world, more will have to spawn in the higher level areas. This means that the King will have to be very in touch with the community.

I'm pretty sure it is :)

No kings probably won't be able to make the mobs in the low level zones stop spawning completely, but they will be able to make quite an impact on it...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Redefining the Party in TERA | TERA - True Action Combat

Redefining what now?

Ok i didn't read all of it because my brain started to hurt, but from what i read all of what they have "redefined" already exists in most other MMO's...

Did i miss something or is asians that behind on class diversity?

take this for example:

Damage Dealers:

I mentioned four roles above, because in my mind it’s time for the "trinity" to become a "foundation" of four. TERA has both melee (berserkers and slayers) and ranged (sorcerers and archers) damage classes, and a truly successful party will want at least one of each kind.

The axe and sword-wielders deliver big hits and bigger crits, relying on strength and agility respectively to crush enemies. Berserkers excel at large groups and powerful sweeping attacks; slayers focus on denial attacks and setups for massive critical hits.

Archers work best at range, but have an incredible attack rate, dwarfing that of any other class. More hits means more crits, and they're no slouch in that department. Sorcerers will be familiar to any player of spellcasters, but like the priests and mystics above, they rely on strategic placement of spell effects and quick movement to maximize damage.

All of this might seem like standard MMO fare, but remember that at no point in the above combat scenarios are you using anything but your own reflexes. No fireballs, heals, or axe-blows will ever land properly if you the player don't first position yourself for success.

True Action Combat isn’t just a marketing buzzword, it's a redefinition of gaming. If you think you know how to play an online RPG, you haven't played TERA yet.

What?

I mean....

:eek7:

God my brain hurts.... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom