1. Artifacts
2. Scrolls and teh farming ages
3. Leveling artifacts
4. ML's
5. ToA in General
6. Teh Zerges
7. Overpowered Savages, 2-hitting nerfers
8. Abusing ML abilities (grapple ><)
9. All the people leaving game (see 3. ><)
10. ToA templates
11. Albs trying to take mid relic=CRASH zone/server
12. Buffbots and teh overpowered stelthzor world
13. Mythic GoA=GIVF US MORE MONEY!
14. People whining about everything about the game
15. Dem Hibbies, Enchanter+ML8 Battlemaster Bodyguard
16. Real Life? Whats that? New savage 1-hit pwning-style :confused:
17. Pffffft, relics, keeps, who cares
18. Crap paladins.. Can't even solo Teh Dragon ><
19. Going to Healer costing several hundred golds after farming for scrolls or leveling artifacts Oo
20. Pets being able to follow stealthers once on em and even if stealther goes hiding the pet goes and attacks and uncovers him..

Enjoy :clap:

What did i miss? :p
Anything to add then please do :cheers:

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir why make a such a thread? if you dont like the game, dont play it, easy as that, and besides savages doesnt 2shot you.. well dont know about you ;)

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Coz i felt like it :D
These things are what i hear EVERY single day ALL day long...
(See nr 14)
I don't say that these are all my opinions.. but it's what albion realm are mainly scramming on about :)

And Savages.. i was talking about casters... they insta stun casters and 2-hit in such a speed its amazing :)

:cheers:

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Whatever :rolleyes:
As i said.. feel free to add or list your own :wub:
And state your favourite whine :clap:

Moth Twiceborn

Fledgling Freddie
People have been whining about everything in the universe since it began.

Normally the whiners get heard more than everyone else because they make more noise. You don't get to hear about people waving placards outside Parliment shouting "We're perfectly happy! Everything is fine with us!"

Whines in DAoC basically distill down to "It's not easy enough! I want to take less time and effort!"

So you either have to take more time and effort, or modify your ambitions.

<gets off soapbox>

Starbuck

Fledgling Freddie
I love the game..but not impressed with TOA. Seems to me a lot of effort for little reward, however it has to be done otherwise you are at a disadvantage to others.

Just as I got ready to hit the frontiers I have to go back to PvE for another..don't know....maybe 6months!

Its just an extension strategy to keep older players in the game, who are maybe bored of RvR, give them something else to do. Concepts good..but yes as someone mentioned you need lots of time..something I don't have a lot of.

Am glad to see public raid organised on this site otherwise I'd have no hope!

:)

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:
only seen zerkers 2shot casters :x

I've been 1 shotted by a savage, and 2 shotted on several occasions.

Was a quad hit, each doing around 250 damage, and some of them criticalled, giving about 1400 damage from the single hit.
Given that I have 1320ish hits, that's nasty.

Morimdin

Banned
lol... savage 2-shot nearly everything that is unbuffed... first time i ran in emain with my scout after getting he's template donne, was beeing 1shot by a savage... 4x370 damage in 1 second.. well.. of course that has been "nerfed" so they don't hit 4 on a style so often, but they hit 3 in a style ALOT more often.... if that ain overpowered i dunno... nowdays there is really little point in daoc, go to emain without buffbot and high stealth + stealthlore and you get insta-zerged outside apk, then you deside to get ML10 and some uber artifacts, get back to emain ready to own after that and you get bloody zerged again.. and albs are WAY to stupid to make good rvr groups like mids and hibs does, albs just invitespam outside apk, don't talk in /g and run on.. ITS FUCKED UP!
can't wait til New Frontiers come :> :cheers:

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
hmm how you was 1 shotted by savage if he needed for that quad? (4 hits) its not possible :)
in my eyes 1 shot kill is when you get 1 huge hit what do so much dmg your char die immediatly :)
allmost all chars can 2 shot caster, some chars can in good situation (missing buffs, ressick) 1 shot casters, bolts example.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
1. Artifacts
2. Scrolls and teh farming ages
3. Leveling artifacts
4. ML's
5. ToA in General
6. Teh Zerges
7. Overpowered Savages, 2-hitting nerfers
8. Abusing ML abilities (grapple ><)
9. All the people leaving game (see 3. ><)
10. ToA templates
11. Albs trying to take mid relic=CRASH zone/server
12. Buffbots and teh overpowered stelthzor world
13. Mythic GoA=GIVF US MORE MONEY!
14. People whining about everything about the game
15. Dem Hibbies, Enchanter+ML8 Battlemaster Bodyguard
16. Real Life? Whats that? New savage 1-hit pwning-style :confused:
17. Pffffft, relics, keeps, who cares
18. Crap paladins.. Can't even solo Teh Dragon ><
19. Going to Healer costing several hundred golds after farming for scrolls or leveling artifacts Oo
20. Pets being able to follow stealthers once on em and even if stealther goes hiding the pet goes and attacks and uncovers him.

1) I like artifacts, they bring an added dimension to the game.
2) True, it can be very tedious, but I've made heaps of cash from the salvage while doing it, so can't really complain.
3) See 2.
4) I loved the trials, except ML3. Nice having to use some brains for once, instead of the normal just run up and hit him tactic.
5) TOA in general, I liked. See 4 for reasons.
6) Every realm zergs. War is all about superior numbers, always has been since Ogg got Ugg to help him beat up Grunt with some clubs.
7) ok agreed on this one.
8) Yeah a few of the ML ailities are broken, like Decoy, but I'm sure they'll be fixed in time. Got grappled through a keep door last night :(.
9) Yes quite a few are leaving, but also quite a few are joining too. There's always a natural turnover in any game. People make leaving posts, but people dont make joinign posts. Can give you a very distorted view of the game.
10) No harder than SI templates.
11) Yeah well they seem to have fixed that one now.
12) Agreed. I hate having to use a bot to play on an even level with 90% of the opposition. Doubt Mythic will do anything about this though.
13) They're a business, not a charity.
14) Yeah gets me down too.
15) Use ranged casters, archers. Those chanters fall very very fast if you've got some brains.
16) Real Life > DAOC life. try not to lose sight of that.
17) I do.
18) Playing a paladin is like sitting inside a chieftan tank and then trying to attack enemies with sandpaper.
19) Sounds like you're just not very good at farming :p
20) Ahh yes, the "bug" they spent ages working on and trying to fix, then just gave up and claimed it was a "feature" and trying to give some half-arsed bullshit justification.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Respons :D

4. Well.. LOADS people are not fond of doing ML's... and may get VERY late.. (lack of brains o_O?)
9. More people just started leaving after couple months of ToA than ever before..
10. SI template=EASY! Can be done with 99% armour (mine is) and i cap EVERYTHING.. ToA is hard.. nothing for my artifacts.. whenever i see a good template for pala its always some wicked artifact in it... Hard to get, hard to lvl, scrolls etc... bla, bla..
15. ranged casters and archers in albion fotm grp? Whats that? >< You mean the sorc should solo all the enchanters aswell as running away from the savages and mezzing all the enemies around? ^^ Good Luck :p
17. I reckon most ppl "cares" of em... but do they really do something?
(Puppet: "What about some..... relic defence?")
19. Good at farming.. Bad at remembering to go to Healer...

Wont jam around with all the others as i dont know the answer for all :D

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
Respons :D
15. ranged casters and archers in albion fotm grp? Whats that? >< You mean the sorc should solo all the enchanters aswell as running away from the savages and mezzing all the enemies around? ^^ Good Luck :p

Well that's what you get from running fotm groups. Trying doing something different. A scout or two can reduce chanters to a corpse in seconds.

Personally, I like the kamikaze dash through the PBAE box while sprinting and dropping a DOT mine right in the middle of em. I wont kill em, but it oftens provides the opportunity for the other albs to make the charge.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Scout+insta mezz+pbaoe= :touch:
Or as 7. said...
And what chars can you spare to get 2 scouts into grp?
Though if we really made it happen i reckon it would be great.. atleast in theory.. :cheers:

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
I've been 1 shotted by a savage, and 2 shotted on several occasions.

Was a quad hit, each doing around 250 damage, and some of them criticalled, giving about 1400 damage from the single hit.
Given that I have 1320ish hits, that's nasty.

if its a quad hit, then it isnt a 1shot :E

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
or alternatively as we tried the other night, 2 sorcs and a spirit cabby. Debuff assist nuking is VERY powerful.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
you should have 3 sorcs.. not 2 :)
But as we all know (and i forgot to type into the whining ><) albs lack sorcs (and maybe rejuv clerics)

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
18) Playing a paladin is like sitting inside a chieftan tank and then trying to attack enemies with sandpaper.

Heh :D

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:
if its a quad hit, then it isnt a 1shot :E

yes cuz 1x1k is SO much better than 4x250. 1 shot = one combat round, quad = 1 combat round.

Morimdin

Banned
Alme said:
yes cuz 1x1k is SO much better than 4x250. 1 shot = one combat round, quad = 1 combat round.
j0 r00le! bumb 7'ish months old threads xD

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
The worst is always gonna be ToA NOT because of the artifacts but because it ridicules greek mythology, with pyramids and all the other crap and even has NPCS named as female genitals :p

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Such old thread, this is new times, i whine about NF now... :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom