shit must stop ( cancel other thread made a mistake)

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
after today's bad situation in rvr.
pls tell me how about a general alb meeting?
what is your opinion

sorry for the last thread but i'm in work and was a big mess when i wrote it

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
i mean in game meeting and orginize the realm

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
like a BG? it might just be crazy enough to work...

take initative and do one yourself maybe?

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
lol psyco.
have you ever had a guild meeting? or as meeting?
i mean albion meeting in the same way

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
uspe said:
lol psyco.
have you ever had a guild meeting? or as meeting?
i mean albion meeting in the same way

yes, generally people dont show up, or you get few that attend... and the time you organize wont be conveniant for all albs, so best use FH, most read it... so its perfect...

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I think one thing people should do, is follow the leader.

Personally I always follow the leader in ML's or RvR BG's, whether I think what he's doing is right or wrong. A BG doing the 'wrong' thing will often achieve more than 1/3 BG doing the 'wrong' thing, 1/3 BG doing the 'right' thing, and 1/3 BG whining.

Darzil

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
I think one thing people should do, is follow the leader.

Personally I always follow the leader in ML's or RvR BG's, whether I think what he's doing is right or wrong. A BG doing the 'wrong' thing will often achieve more than 1/3 BG doing the 'wrong' thing, 1/3 BG doing the 'right' thing, and 1/3 BG whining.

Darzil

that has given me a headache :(

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I think this is a GREAT suggestion, and I'd love to join in on something like this.

This can help us organise ourselves alot better, and we might be lucky enough to come to an agreement about late night raids, perhaps there's something we others can sacrifice for the groups that play at night?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
The organizational aspect is good, since there´s a huge lack of that in RvR.

But guys... do you *seriously* think that the late night raiders give a wet w*nk about anyone´s opinion? As long as the problem isn´t being addressed by Mythic respectively the game itself, no agreement or threat of "punishment" of any kind will stop them from doing what (they think) is fun. We have seen a few of those bad-reputation-junkie guilds in the past.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Time to set an example then if they don't want to do something for the greater good. There has to be something (not to extreme) which we can do to show them that we're sick of it, and show them it's still possible to have fun without doing late night raids.

I'm going to start an MRE sometime in the future, sadly it won't be this week, perhaps next or the week after that.

I'm getting help from one which is familiar with keep sieges, which you all probably know quite well too so it might be successful, but I'm hoping it might set an example, that it can be possible with a bit of planning.

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
albion meeting 12 gmt saturday 7 of oct

ok guys as it seems for most ppl accept the idea.
i want to call a massive albion meeting.
every one can come. and ofc we can talk about next friday MRE.
please all who can come. come

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
oopss i did it again :eek6:
everyone meet inside cs

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I think the big problem is that albion lacks a leader with credibility at the moment.

I've got every bit of respect for the people giving it a go at the moment, and I also wish them good luck and do hope they are sucessful.

However most of the people in alb who try to run these events are (and i'm not trying to be insulting here, and not using my words either) randoms. If you look at the sucessful hib raids then I believe they have mostly been run by high RR people respected in their realms for their RvR ability.

The current attempt is being run by someone i've actually never heard of ingame, and i've been playing on alb for a while and passed through several of the larger alliances, who doesn't even include his guild in his sig. It's possible to do i'm sure, but your going to have to be a much much better leader to get people to listen to your instructions when there's realm points on offer if your an RR4 character without a reputation, than if your a well known RR10 personality. Having attended ML raids run by almost every leader that's done them, most of these people just don't fall into that category, and i'm not trying to be nasty here.

Now i'm not trying to shoot anyone's idea's down in flames, what I am saying is that if you want to organise successful events, either find a very good leader, not just the next person who comes along and wants to half-heartidly give it a go because he got zerged last night, or someone that everyone knows and who will be listened to. Even if he's not making what people feel is the best descision. Whatever you may think, people are more likely to follow a FH RR10 name over a cliff, than some RR3 they only heard of yesterday, and if people arn't prepared to follow when they make a bad descision, you end up with a BG running about after the first mid they see for the 30 rp's on offer and getting beaten by the first gank group you run into.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
It only takes 1 person to lead but hundreds of people to follow.

Or if you need more detail, its all well and good having a leader, but the leader is useless if people wont follow him/her. The failing is the majority, if every single person in the BG does not follow that leader then albion will never succeed no matter how well known or respect that leader is.

Im as guilty of it as anyone else, but it does need to change if albion is to change.
Now quite frankly I have no problem at all with the late night raiders and do not blame them for anything, nor do I care about what the hibs and mids did yesterday, its irrelivent. What I have a problem with is the general attitude of the realm.
Whilst we have guilds that don't care, think they know better or are not willing to try we cannot move on and we no longer have the numbers to push on regardless.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
What Golena said and with large helpings of Kagato's and Darzil's points too.
We do have a couple of good leaders in Alb - Rhuvetha is the one who springs to mind and we have some veteran RvR players who know their stuff when it comes to weilding a zerg like a weapon. Sadly they tend to get drowned out in the confusion of a BG full of fotm knights who think they know better because they got some RPs once.

It's also worth pointing out that a lot of the people who lead MLs etc are not necessarily the people who would - or should - be listened to in an RvR BG. The two situations are very different, I'm a reasonably good PvE leader and I've run some successful raids but I wouldn't want to have the pressure of being an RvR leader and I'm sure I'd be very bad at it if I tried.

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
one favour. instead of saying your opinion here which is good one tho, why not coming and say it on the meeting i think it will make it more affective :D

elbeek

Part of the furniture
uspe said:
one favour. instead of saying your opinion here which is good one tho, why not coming and say it on the meeting i think it will make it more affective :D

I just hope to god that the chairman of this meeting is a more fluent English writer.

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
I just hope to god that the chairman of this meeting is a more fluent English writer.

you t afraid of bad english or how the meeting will go ?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
uspe said:
you t afraid of bad english or how the meeting will go ?

I could compare this to an ML raid, as the two are semi-similar.

An ML raid leader who turns up knowing how to do the steps, in what order he's going to do them and has all the required drops will tend to lead a good successful raid.
An ML raid leader who decides he wants ML3 credit so says lets go do ML3 meet aerus, then when getting there goes, so who knows how to do the first step will tend to lead a bad and frustrating raid.

From what i've read so far here, this seems to be heading more to the second example, which is why I have my doubts it's going to work. What Kagato said is 100% correct, people have to learn to follow. But that's only going to happen if the person in charge has the appearance of someone who knows what he/she is doing.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
if you guys dont like the situation... start doing big rvr events to bring the realm together... and thry and tell those noobs who AC stuff that they are ruining alb community. you pay subs... so you have right to tell them how you guys feel about the ACing stuff.
no wonder mids and hibs hate albs enough that when hibs pull something big in ur side they will come and leech. when they understand that you dont like to be zerged evry day to shit becouse of theyr deeds... mybe then this bullshit will end (yes i like all relics neutral... relics are the most unbalanceing thing ingame)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
I could compare this to an ML raid, as the two are semi-similar.

Also, we need multiple leaders. I can lead a good ML raid (I think), but only one per night, not more than 2 per week, and I tend not to play at all the night before, but rest up so I'm clear headed for the raid.

One day I'd like to try in RvR, but happy getting more experience first, as no one would follow me otherwise.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom