WTF? Teenager's brain removed after drinking cocktail.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I used to drink a lot of water, then the doctor said i should drink lots of water and it became a chore instead of something i liked.

Nate

FH is my second home
I drink loads of water! MORE THEN YOU!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ive got a hnd in electronics please explain how its incorrect oh master of the constructive critique

Because it gives no consideration to alternating current, impedance or electromagnetism.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I would never drink this in a million years, but seemingly this girl was necking them which meant the Nitrogen did not dissipate as it should. Apparently by the time they are bought to the table and you have talked about them a bit then you sip them slowly most of the fog effect has gone and it is harmless. You would think if you are meant to drink them slowly then the staff would say so.

rynnor

Rockhound
Because it gives no consideration to alternating current, impedance or electromagnetism.

It was clearly a direct current model (which is the easiest to explain) - when you explain something the idea is to use the minimum number of factors to make it clear not how many things can I work into this.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
No, when you explain something the idea generally is to explain it correctly so that people understand exactly what's going on. Talking about marbles and taps is no different than saying to a blind person that the sky at night is a big painted sphere through which tiny lights are shone.

Nate

FH is my second home
Yeah because you can't just tell them that, you'd have to cover everything since that's the way Tom says it's done or it's pointless. Make sure they understand how far they are away, what light years are and how big they are although they seem really small, that they are mostly made up of gasses and what gasses are most prevalent, oh maybe put in that the only reason it's dark is because the universe isn't old enough that the light from stars further away haven't reached us yet.

Right?

Poag

m00?
Why are we on electricity when this is clearly the "How stupid at 18 year olds" thread?

opticle

Part of the furniture
I just thought water was a far better analogy than marbles.

If this is the first instance of this event and it's been served for years, then it's a tricky one. Lessons will be learned.

Not having a stomach is a pretty shitty way to end a night out though.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well electricity doesn't build up pressure like water does and water won't heat up a pipe by any useful amount, unless you get silly.
I'm sticking with my marbles.

'Doesn't allow for electromagnetism'..duh...the analogy was for what current and voltage is.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I just thought water was a far better analogy than marbles.

If this is the first instance of this event and it's been served for years, then it's a tricky one. Lessons will be learned.

Not having a stomach is a pretty shitty way to end a night out though.

I am sure we have all had a few nights were it feels like we have not had one by the end :p

opticle

Part of the furniture
Well electricity doesn't build up pressure like water does

Pressure was voltage. Like water pushing a water wheel, leading to a lower pressure on the other side, like potential difference :cry:

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
The bar should have not been selling drinks that can be dangerous, I mean liquid nitrogen are they out of their minds? Some people are saying its her fault for not being responsible but come on people don't ask whats in every single drink they have when they go out, I know I don't but I don't drink cocktails often either.

If this goes to court then I hope the bar is slapped with a hefty fine so they will have some common sense drilled into them.

opticle

Part of the furniture
The bar should have not been selling drinks that can be dangerous, I mean liquid nitrogen are they out of their minds? Some people are saying its her fault for not being responsible but come on people don't ask whats in every single drink they have when they go out, I know I don't but I don't drink cocktails often either.

If this goes to court then I hope the bar is slapped with a hefty fine so they will have some common sense drilled into them.

I agree - but this depends on whether or not the drink has been approved by some sort of authority - I'm sure to serve it in a bar with a license, it must be. In which case its more complicated and they're not necessarily to blame - but neither is she. Blaming her is ridiculous.

Poag

m00?
I guess that means the end of "Flaming" drinks aswell...they've onyl been around for a couple hundred years you know.. But idiot safety first! people can't be trusted to look after themselves so the whole must suffer....tis the only way!

Himse

FH is my second home
I've actually had one of these drinks come to think of it in London when it was my birthday, I didn't die, but I did wait for it to mostly stop smoking before I necked.

Poag

m00?
None of your gay bar things in here Poag.

:p

Oddly enough when i worked as a barman for a horse racecourse the flaming drinks were usually bought by the exceedingly rich horse owners,.....who were generally men. The women were more syndicates and had champagne.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I had an excellent burn on the palm of my hand from a flaming drink before (think it was sambuca)

Poag

m00?
I had an excellent burn on the palm of my hand from a flaming drink before (think it was sambuca)
Had one guy spill his ...i forget exactly what it was, i think it was some rum mixed with something else, over the table while it was on fire, was a lively 5 minutes. Fortunately behind the bar there was one of those fire blankets, didn't need to use the extinguisher so the bar stayed open! Guy bought a round for everyone :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So you don't see a problem with a flaming drink that sets the bar on fire, when tipping a drink in a place where people get drunk isn't an if, but when issue? ;)

Poag

m00?
So you don't see a problem with a flaming drink that sets the bar on fire, when tipping a drink in a place where people get drunk isn't an if, but when issue? ;)
...What?

No i dont see it as an issue, as the guy shouted "Holy crap i've spilled my drink" I've...not "Oh god the bar gave me a drink I was obviously completely unable to hold and thus spilled over tha table and will now sue the bar"

He took responsibility for his own actions.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not that one particular moment, the practice of serving firehazards in the first place and not about suing, the prime issue of serving such drinks at all.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tl/dr. I also changed the thread title.

Nate

FH is my second home
Was he too drunk to control his actions Poag? Bit irresponsible of the bar if he was.

Poag

m00?
Was he too drunk to control his actions Poag? Bit irresponsible of the bar if he was.
No, he was slightly sloshed but was able to type his pin into the card reader on the first attempt so was fairly with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom