Tankgroup-rvr event! date & procedure inside.

Goaone

Banned
Date
Sunday the 9th April

How-to
Make one full group (8 people), consisting of the support, stealthers, tanks, hybrids of your choice, and rvr.

Rules
No pure casters allowed.

Albgroups may contain 1 sorcerer. This sorcerer may not have a charmed pet.

Heretics are not allowed (bodyguard+focus-DD).

Where?
Contact Vintervargen on irc before sunday and he will have the place set

Other
This is meant as a fun event, so please try and make a group even if all members are not rr10/ml10/fully toa'd. I think the fights will be fun (and long!) anyway.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Will try to join with a fully red con 25% enhance bonus buffed ML9 WM5 Templar on aggro mode.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
less whine duact&frs, go roll tanks now

Lethul

FH is my second home
why dont you just add this rule too?

- mid/alb groups cant run more than 6 people

should tip the scale even abit more towards hib groups

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
It's being organized by one of the toughest Vampiirs on the server so I guess they are allowed.

No surprise there :p

Goaone

Banned
modifying one of the rules:

NO pets allowed. This would apply to druids, sorcerers, hunters and ministrels.

this rule is not for the sake of interrupts, its because a buffed pet is generally really hard to kill in melee, and i dont want things like that fooking up the balance.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Urgluf said:
vamps allowed? :(

If tics arent then vamps arent i guess. Or if they are they cant use claws etc :p

And what if the tic is melee spec?

And sorc not allowed pet, so guessing isnt allowed pets either as that give them even grreater advantage.

Hmm, i be quiet now. Dont want to seem like picking holes in this :p

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Count us in, problem is I won't be the one telling Grawen he can't play. Someone else will have to break his heart.:(

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
stubbe said:
Count us in, problem is I won't be the one telling Grawen he can't play. Someone else will have to break his heart.:(
His acc is filled with alts m8r

Lethul

FH is my second home
maybe my savage can get a group too, there is some positive stuff afterall xD

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
doesn't grawen have a thane? :p

and yeah id have liked to participate if we can make some kind of alb grp, but heretics aren't allowed, even tho its melee spec. cry! :(

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
Hold on i can see a whine coming when he loses / dnt get his way

Goaone

Banned
I made the rules to stop people from exploiting, this is supposed to be a FUN event, and i dont want people using things that would screw up the balance in this kind of rvr.

I simple dont trust people to follow the rules if the possiblity is there.

Example, for a sorc his ml9 button looks sooooo temping. But he cant use it since he have no pet to use it on anyway. It's just a safety measure.

So for ticks, if i allow them, will they be able to participate without using abilities that would break the balance?

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
To Me this seems a lil bit like rp farming and the admin/gm's might see it as the same, if it takes place and if any of u attend becareful as it might result in a ban.

Just a warning

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
How is it fucking rp-farming? Its simply saying, anyone who's interested in following this rule-set come to xxx place during xxx evening - Hardly any different from the 'solo-zone' no?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
well thats exactely the problem with an event like this. it has to be so artificial, because the game has evolved in a direction that doesn't allow full tank groups to be superiour.

i don't mind removing all rejuv (pulses etc) spells from qb, except for the 'insta' snare (comparable to champ one, but with 1/3rd range and i have to stand still to use it) if that makes it more fair.

same shit for vampiirs, what about the ui dd's and claws, what about thanes and their boosted dmg, etc etc. its rly hard to re-balance the game for tanks just like that.

as you said its very tempting to use abilities that are simply in the game. "zomg you won cause the druid had a pet, nerf". etc. :p

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Goaone said:
Heretics are not allowed (bodyguard+focus-DD).
LOL! It's the supidest thing i've ever heard! Like thanes/valks/champ/vampiir/reavers arent allowed eighter then, cos they use magic aswell? Ah heck, put a rule only tanks and support, not hybrids...

bodyguard+thane anyone?

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
All those banned - Add-Fest 2006 imo!! ;)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Methinks a Group with 4 smiteclerics and 4 bg'ers is gonna pwn.

Or a group with a load of bg thanes...

Or .. or

This is a good idea ... untill you actually think about it and then it turns out to be a dumb idea.

Goaone

Banned
Bonehead said:
LOL! It's the supidest thing i've ever heard! Like thanes/valks/champ/vampiir/reavers arent allowed eighter then, cos they use magic aswell? Ah heck, put a rule only tanks and support, not hybrids...

bodyguard+thane anyone?

bg'd thane can still be interrupted easily

vampiirs can interrupt, so can thanes, champs, vws, clerics, druids etc. its not interrupt that is the problem its uninterruptable dmg.

this is supposed to be some kind of grapple/bg/bof fight, a bodyguarded heretic pumping uninterruptable dd's from there has no place.

getting kinda sick of all the whines. cant people that think this is a GOOD idea please reply here, so i can see theres at least someone that think it could be fun? all i get so far is whiners that think this is some sort of rp-scam for hibernia tt

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Goaone said:
bg'd thane can still be interrupted easily

vampiirs can interrupt, so can thanes, champs, vws, clerics, druids etc. its not interrupt that is the problem its uninterruptable dmg.

this is supposed to be some kind of grapple/bg/bof fight, a bodyguarded heretic pumping uninterruptable dd's from there has no place.

getting kinda sick of all the whines. cant people that think this is a GOOD idea please reply here, so i can see theres at least someone that think it could be fun? all i get so far is whiners that think this is some sort of rp-scam for hibernia tt

Oh noes people don't agree with you quick tell them they have no rights posting in YOUR thread.

Tbh I'm not whining I think it's a great idea... I'm just telling you that people don't play this game for fun no matter how much they will tell you they are ... people play this game to win and to win they will come up with "loopholes"... Unless you plug all those holes (basicly by only allowing healing classes and "real" tanks shutting most classes including your own out)... that's not gonna happen :p

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
I actually like the idea very much. Dont understand all the negative comments :touch:

Goaone

Banned
Pirkel said:
Oh noes people don't agree with you quick tell them they have no rights posting in YOUR thread.

Tbh I'm not whining I think it's a great idea... I'm just telling you that people don't play this game for fun no matter how much they will tell you they are ... people play this game to win and to win they will come up with "loopholes"... Unless you plug all those holes (basicly by only allowing healing classes and "real" tanks shutting most classes including your own out)... that's not gonna happen :p

heh, they have all the rights to reply. but they are doing so because of the wrong reason. everything they say as "critiscism" is cause they think im either 1. a bad looser or 2. trying to give hib an advantage. and this is from players that been in the game for several years. wish people could see the potential instead of the downsides. this is for _one_ day for crying out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom