tank groups

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
in old days, when bodyguard wasnt available, warrior outdid armsman, however now with bodyguard, plate is actacully VERY good :p as with multiple attackers on you, you dont parry/block for shit. Armsmen haveing passively more abs (plate), where as warriors have the 5% evade chance (ofcourse crappy testudo, wich is only really good vs retards who keep attacking the warrior(btw it cant be cancelled so you are crawling around being useless for 1min)) on timer.

then again both are crap now with nf.

When you're bging you're not passively sitting there though admiring the extra abs...you're often trying to slam the attackers, which brings us back to WS. Another minor issue is the lower parry due to double-speccing (assuming hybrid spec arms).

Atleast we agree on heavy tanks having a hard time in nf though :p

Anyways, I gotta stop being distracted by this thread - I'm going to get a bollocking for doing f*ck all work :eek:

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
So looking forward to see Maji at clustering face, bonedancer, moc1shamans, 2shotting vendozerkers,"100"% intercepting pets and overpowered Wardens!

oh joy oh joy :d

majik

Banned
Mastade said:
So looking forward to see Maji at clustering face, bonedancer, moc1shamans, 2shotting vendozerkers,"100"% intercepting pets and overpowered Wardens!

oh joy oh joy :d

We have OP grappling warden, bainshee, op styles on blademasters, champ for op slam, and op druids, with an op bard and op druid ra's and op banelords and I will have an op ml9 druid pet plus the op speedwarp, so it should be fun.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:
We have OP grappling warden, bainshee, op styles on blademasters, champ for op slam, and op druids, with an op bard and op druid ra's and op banelords and I will have an op ml9 druid pet plus the op speedwarp, so it should be fun.

:D:D:D

Arid|Disci

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:

OP slam u can't use (on tanks bds) because some retards decided u can spam tendrils when stun immune =<

majik

Banned
Arid|Disci said:
OP slam u can't use (on tanks bds) because some retards decided u can spam tendrils when stun immune =<

Almost OPslam then.

poky

Fledgling Freddie
Arid|Disci said:

and savages cant use backstyle on lighttanks :(

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
poky said:
and savages cant use backstyle on lighttanks :(

well, doesn't stop you and medde from using it anyways and killing stuff before the stun is gone :p

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
merc>bm>zerk light tank wise imo (thanks to zerks not haveing any decent positonal exept back (hi strafe?).

hero=hero=warrior (well heros get best styles of them all, warriors have to choose between crap tohit on back pos, or no utitility at all on styles, armsmen can get great styles but no 1h dmg/heros dont get 1h dmg either, but why use 1h anyway nowdays exept for slamming, or when why need slam when you got an back pos 9sec stun with highest tohit in the game that never misses.)

but YEAH warriors make so much better tanks......... just because of testudo, ot the 1h dmg (that you never use exept in pve).

ah yeah it could be that you think warriors >hero/arms, because warriors get 5% unstyled damage from their aditional WS, wich ofcourse results in less damage, as they get crappier growth rate (or less utility and same GR ragna= annihl dmg, but totally crap atck spd debuff).

Warrior only have to train in sword and they can use both 1h and 2h with maximum dmg output as hero has to train in LW/CS, Blade and Shield... that makes Warrior abit more better @ tanking also with 28 Parries :p also you have more hps ^^

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
find me where it says warriors have more hps than hero's .

and once again 1h means jack shit in rvr, heros specc 50 LW they get the style with highest tohit in the game & 2 dmg types (crush/slash). and 50shield if they want to guard someone equally effective as a warrior.

and for takeing damage, those 28parry mean jack shit when you have 3 tanks on you, as with multiple attackers your defences get cut down loads.

but yes for pve, warrior is best.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
well mids in general have higher con races, but its a minor difference :p dont think warrior class has more hp than arms/hero

said it so often, armsman really isn't a bad class, it just has no room in an alb group.

you need friar for resist and pala for end, if it would be on the same class there would be one spot 'free' that could be filled up with caba/arms. most groups would ofc go for caba though, like hibs go for a champ/bm/mage instead of hero, and like mids go for lighttank/mage instead of warrior..

problem doesnt really lie in the classes itself, but things like tendrils and charge just give heavy tanks another kick in the face.. its silly

Arid|Disci

Fledgling Freddie
well in the end all heavy tanks need love

cause they're all shit atm :<

(atm I'd prefer armsman > warrior > hero)

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:

and once again 1h means jack shit in rvr, heros specc 50 LW they get the style with highest tohit in the game & 2 dmg types (crush/slash). and 50shield if they want to guard someone equally effective as a warrior.

and for takeing damage, those 28parry mean jack shit when you have 3 tanks on you, as with multiple attackers your defences get cut down loads.

I guess he means big fat twolls have the most con in the game ?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
hm id take arms > hero > warrior :p for group purposes, arms styles > two weapontypes in lw > gimpstyles for warrior

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
shar/dwarf has most con in the game. 80 start stat, compared to 70 for HO and troll.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
give that style review that they were going to do 2 years ago along with zerk balanceing.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
hm id take arms > hero > warrior :p for group purposes, arms styles > two weapontypes in lw > gimpstyles for warrior

Id take a pally with glowy 2h first anyday

but 2h styles are far better than heros/warriors 2h styles

back styles with snare and 7 sec stun follow up = :wij:

and side style with snare and 9 sec follow up = :sex:

so imo, give more 2h pallys with glowy weapons :<

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Exinferis said:
ill respec my pally freez!!!!111

yay !

and get some epic armor aswell ! then I'll lvl my pally to 50 and get her some epic armor and DF weapons aswell ! xD

Lethul

FH is my second home
-Freezingwiz- said:
Id take a pally with glowy 2h first anyday

but 2h styles are far better than heros/warriors 2h styles

back styles with snare and 7 sec stun follow up = :wij:

and side style with snare and 9 sec follow up = :sex:

so imo, give more 2h pallys with glowy weapons :<

big soz, but farek is ours! :D

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:

well they used too before Shar came.. I'd switch 2 dmg types for 50 Sword 1h/2h anyday.. and afaik Celtic Spear is Thrust dmg type only so if anyone should go for CS instead of LW (me) that means no highest to hit bonus style, and only 1 dmg type only. and those 28 parry > 0 Parry + mostly you will only see 2 tanks on you these days. ofc maybe that will change when DET is fucked up again.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
your own fault you are useing gimped cs instead of imba LW

but yeah thrust dmg is sweet, but not worth the loss of annihl.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
you can actually have LW in all three damage types, Spear of kings comes in LW mode.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Don't really think mids have the best tank groups, in any case, mids have the worst counter to tank groups, being that warriors have to do the bg and grappling.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
Don't really think mids have the best tank groups, in any case, mids have the worst counter to tank groups, being that warriors have to do the bg and grappling.

Mids do pretty fine without a BG-bot. And I feel to see how your post differs from any other realm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom