Syria

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Am I the only one around here who wants Assad to win.

More than likely, doesn't matter who wins really, things are going to get worse either way -

Assad wins and continues using chem weapons among other things against innocents and the al qaeda hiding among them
West wins and the rebels massacre loads of innocents and more than likely make neighbouring places worse/less stable

There is no winner in it really, shits going to go down no matter what the outcome, more a case of collateral damage now sadly.

rynnor

Rockhound
Doesn't anyone find it odd that months after a widely accepted chemical attack that has been broadly suspected to have been carried out by the rebels using Sarin, when the UN has its inspectors in Syria for a very short visit, that suddenly there's another chemical attack - again with Sarin and suddenly the earlier attack is forgotten and unlike the earlier attack everyone wakes up suddenly and decides it was Assad?

Does that seem credible to anyone?

rynnor

Rockhound
Oh and interestingly there have been suggestions that Saudi - who are discreetly arming the rebels - may have supplied them with Sarin.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Carla Del Ponte - from Wiki:

Since September 2012, Del Ponte has been a member of the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Syrian Arab Republic under the auspices of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.

In May 2013 she accused the Syrian rebels of using chemical weapons, a view diametrically opposed by the majority of Western government officials. She stated, "We still have to deepen our investigation, verify and confirm (the findings) through new witness testimony, but according to what we have established so far, it is at the moment opponents of the regime who are using sarin gas.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Not so long ago Syria was a beacon of sensibility in that nutball region...now the west is turning on it and I cant work out why...Im really starting to believe that there is a huge islamic influencebin the west somewhere hidden in the corridors of power...that scares the shit out of me.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Not so long ago Syria was a beacon of sensibility in that nutball region...now the west is turning on it and I cant work out why...Im really starting to believe that there is a huge islamic influencebin the west somewhere hidden in the corridors of power...that scares the shit out of me.

No it wasn't. Just because Syria was Nationalist rather than Islamist doesn't mean it was "sensible". They were second only to Iran in sponsoring terrorism, and basically ran every insurgency in Lebanon for decades. Hamas wouldn't exist without Syria. Now, I'm kind of with Scouse on the secular beats Islamist front, but from the point of view of Israel (and therefore America), Syria has always been more of a problem for them than Iran. What Israel wants is a lovely ongoing extended civil war that keeps going for a decade or three. If the US goes in, its because Israel wants it.

rynnor

Rockhound
Job said:

Actually I'm beginning to think this may be true. I think Saudi and Qatar may be the real movers behind all of this.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
aD0Wx9G_460s.jpg

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH

She seems to be a bit too much politically motivated for a prosecutor.

As for Syria, it is a mess and while it hurts not be able to fix it, it might be best not to intervene.
The end result of intervention might be worse than not intervening.

rynnor

Rockhound
Hilarious - the Russians really know how to play the UN game - Obama now comes out looking like an idiot. What he should have done from his perspective is either a - say from the outset Syria was none of their business or b. attack within hours of the 'breach' - no need to go to the senate for that.

Instead he tried to play it down the middle and comes off a chump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom