Syria

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Latest development was quite amusing, USA is basically copying the UK now and going to have a vote on military action and we're also their 'closest ally' again :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The UK government has lost the vote on Syria by 285 votes to 272.

Hmm, since they are representatives of the people, voteed by the people, does that mean nearly half of UK supports attacking Syria?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Still waiting to see this evidence the USA claims to have, if it is true however Assad wants drawn and quartered.

"The US has evidence that the chemical nerve agent sarin was used in a deadly attack in Damascus last month, Secretary of State John Kerry says.

He said samples from hair and blood gathered after the attack "tested positive for signatures of sarin".

The US blames the Syrian government for the 21 August attack. President Barack Obama has vowed punitive action but wants Congress to vote on it first.

Syria dismissed the delay and said it was ready for any strike.

At a meeting of Arab League foreign ministers in Cairo on Sunday evening, Saudi Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal called on the world to take action against Syria, as refusing to do so "only encourages the regime to pursue its crimes".

"It is time to ask the international community to assume its responsibilities and to take deterrent measures," he said."

Urgat

Part of the furniture
There is a difference between...

"We have proof that it was Sarin"

And...

"We have proof that ASSAD used Sarin"

There is no doubt that the attack took place, and it was Saran that killed 1500 people, but i STILL want to see hard evidence that It was the syriyan government that carried out a chemical weapon attack, on its own people, at the exact same time that UN weapon inspectors are due in the country.

I am having a hard time believing that He is THAT insane. Deja vu like a MOTHERFUCKER!

If it was him... then PROOVE it to the public so we can get behind our governents, otherwise It just feels dodgy, creating excuses yet again!

rynnor

Rockhound
Apparently UK companies were selling the component chemicals to make nerve gas to Assad 10 months after the civil war began...

Bit embarassing for Cameron...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah. Not for a second do I think that Asshat used Sarin.

I'm still more scared of Jacqui Smith than anyone in the middle east.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just have to wait and see I guess, whoever is responsible wants fucking murdering with a sharp object anyway.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just have to wait and see I guess, whoever is responsible wants fucking murdering with a sharp object anyway.

Probably given to the rebels on the orders of Obama as an excuse for military action.

You may go "pfft" - but I find it just as likely as Assad being dumb enough to use them on his own, knowing full well that America had already said that if chemical weapons are used they're going to get involved militarily...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Given how the clearly made up "Evidence" was handled for Iraq I'm not ruling anything out really.

rynnor

Rockhound
The other thing is - what the hell do they expect to achieve?

They can't target his chemical weapon stockpiles so all they can do is strike general military targets but by doing so they will inevitably effect the civil war and enough bombing would create a regime change of the bloodiest sort.

If the rebels win they will massacre the Shi'ites - even Assad is better than that possibility.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If the rebels win they will massacre the Shi'ites - even Assad is better than that possibility.

You're looking at it in terms of human loss - which whilst tragic is fuck all to do with this conflict.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as are many things including proof.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as are many things including proof.

What are you trying to say there Emb?

Evidence speaks for itself. Facts are incontrovertible.

If that's not true of the "evidence", then it's not proof...?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I heard they had evidence of WMD in Iraq.

"Just saying"

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I heard they had evidence of WMD in Iraq.

yo+dawg+31.jpg

"Yo dawg i'm serious i put some in your Iraqs."

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Not trusting USA evidence for a second. We have a Swedish guy in Syria checking for gas...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's clearly been used. Assad doesn't deny it. The question is how do you prove who used it?

The US has some of the biggest stockpiles of Sarin on the planet. If they're so against chemical weapons, why stockpile them?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The rebels could well have set it off themselves to bring the west into the conflict (that they are now losing)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The rebels could well have set it off themselves to bring the west into the conflict (that they are now losing)

This is my thinking tbfh. And it's not outside the realms of possibility that they got their sarin from a supportive external source.

rynnor

Rockhound
This is my thinking tbfh. And it's not outside the realms of possibility that they got their sarin from a supportive external source.

It could even have been sourced from Syrian Govt stocks if they occupied the right territory for a while.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

With Al Qaeda there that really wouldn't surprise me, they wouldn't think twice about slaughtering thousands and trying to shift the blame so the west intervenes if it meant furthering their cause to overthrow Assad, would be plausible I guess.. more a case of how to prove it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"saying that only the US had the capacity to stop President Assad."

I bet FH could so something too, could call it Zero Dark Nerdy.

rynnor

Rockhound
Obama's wheeze to go to congress has gone a bit wrong - now a sizeable camp want to effectively create regime change with massive strikes - this could all go very very wrong...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Am I the only one around here who wants Assad to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom