*Synergy-organised London Extravaganza!!* - September, 2006! - UPDATED with FORUMS

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
from there so long as the NFD crew know where the others are from a given time we can mooch on over and join the main gig :)

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
kick off in a pub near london bridge? awesome...i got my apartment at borough station -> great chance of making it home while being wtf drunk!^^

Alpha Male

One of Freddy's beloved
Collateral said:
kick off in a pub near london bridge? awesome...i got my apartment at borough station -> great chance of making it home while being wtf drunk!^^

Just because we start near there, does not mean we will end up there ^^

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Alpha Male said:
Just because we start near there, does not mean we will end up there ^^

see how far across the channel you can end up :)

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Does someone from NFD wanna PM me for my mobile number to ensure we meet up?

And Collateral you either live in a shoe box or are very rich meight!

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
nah, i am not rich, but my company is^^
i wouldn't pay 800 £/week for an apartment tbh Oo

givf weekend now....most boring week ever! :twak:

Mall

Fledgling Freddie
Jarahl said:
Keep an eye on this Thread as I will update it with links and locations each evening I return from work! This will do for now.

Jacob out!

I am keeping my eye on it but nothing is happening. Someone want to suggest a good large place to meet up Saturday, also somewhere that we could all go get this curry that was mentioned without freaking the staff out too much with the numbers turning up :)

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
how many people are we actually? around 20? or 30?
i wouldn't take a place where the whole bunch of people can get food. takes too long to feed 20-30 people and costs shit loads of money. since people got time, everybody should take care of a full belly and meet at a random pub.
walkabout looks nice, but i am pretty sure that this place is crowded on friday evening with the usual audience. gets hard to get food for a big bunch of more or less drunken people.

just a thought of me. correct me, if i am totally wrong.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Home late from work tonight, so will post some more tomorrow. Plan Saturday from the top of my head is something like :

Find a lane near Bens place and play some football or something! Just have a nice afternoon with beer and ball with the women cheering at us from the side. Will still look into the whole Paintball thing, but since there is only 3-4 confirmed I cant really book it yet and its prolly booked anyways.

For the evening I reckon we should settle for a pub, find out there how many wants curry, ring a curry place and give them notice. After that we either go for a pub or if its slightly later - we got for a Club.

More will come, im knackered now and will go to bed.

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah Walkabout is big but will be busy, Problem is everywhere i know in central london is busy on a Friday after work!

Saturday as jacob said shouldnt be too hard to arrange since some of us will be in Balham where i live so can i suggest we choose somewhere in south london to meet. Thats easy for the NFD lads too since they can ride the Northern Line straight down here!

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
okidoki....best thing would be if someone can give a final statement where/when to kickoff tomorrow to avoid any confusion.

colateral

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Lets go zerg the tower of London and steal the relics.

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Amanita said:
Lets go zerg the tower of London and steal the relics.

Hahah, i plan on being too drunk to zerg anything other than a kebab shop!

Btw its looking like Walkabout in Temple is the winner atleast to start with, its big, easy to get to, near a tube station, not too far from where NFD will be drinking and althought it may be busy we can always move someplace else once everyones arrived.

Anyone else need my mobile number please PM me today!

Alpha Male

One of Freddy's beloved
Calmin said:
Hahah, i plan on being too drunk to zerg anything other than a kebab shop!

Btw its looking like Walkabout in Temple is the winner atleast to start with, its big, easy to get to, near a tube station, not too far from where NFD will be drinking and althought it may be busy we can always move someplace else once everyones arrived.

Anyone else need my mobile number please PM me today!

It is also less than 400m from my Hotel ;)

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Alpha Male said:
It is also less than 400m from my Hotel ;)

All back to your hotel then after the clubs and bars chuck out!

Score!

:)

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Ging said:
ALPHA's MINIBAR!!!!! :flame:

RAH!! Yes final meeting point for Friday is the Walkabout in Template, dunno when I'll be there yet, depends on train and how slow Ben is.

Mall

Fledgling Freddie
Giv Sat night meeting place info boys and girls. Some are not coming Friday night and I need to pass them the info as they don't read here (or can't due to being on the road already from a land far far away)

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Give me a break Maggie!! :( Im working my ass off here, keep looking at this thread, me and Ben will work it out later tonight.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Final Plan, at least untill I edit it :D

Friday : Personally I'll be landing in Heathrow @ 4:45. So we meet @ http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/info_Pubbar_5150.html Walkabout in Temple. Time will be half past 6. I'll unformally 'kick-off' the London Extravaganza and we can sit down, have some pints and chat :)

Saturday : People that want to, can have a chat with me friday and we'll have a friendly game of football next to Ben's place around 1pm maybe noon, he got a field right next to his house :D I'll leave the afternoon untouched, and instead place the meeting point for Saturday will be Henrys @ Covenant Garden, 6pm. There I will officially welcome everyone to this little event, say cheers and we all grab a pint. After that I reckon we should all mingle and meet each other, but at some point I will be screaming Curry, where people who wants curry needs to report to me, so I can get a head count. From there I'll phone a curry place and inform them of our arrival. After curry I reckon we should split, so the ones that wanna go pubbin can do that, and the ones that wanna go Clubbin with me and Nerve can do that.

Sunday : Say goodbye to those you wanna say goodbye to, dont wanna set a specific meeting point for this, if people wanna say their goodbyes they sort time and place saturday before they start dribbling.

Sofar the Club and the Curry place is yet to be decided, but fear not, Jacob is on the case!

Edit : Those who wants my phone number to get in touch with me, send me a PM on these boards and we can exchange!

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
wish i could of come... but with new school and stuff, i just couldnt find the time.

have fun though!

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Walkabout, Temple, 6:30...well its gonna be fun going into a big city, to a random bar to meet people you've never met before :p Wonder if i can spot who's a DAOc player simply through visual clues...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I've put jarahls latest update in the first post - gimme a PM if there's owt else to go up there and I'll edit it in.

Tip for the meeting: someone bring _something_ daoc - a t-shirt, a banner, a sign and put it in plain sight.

We had people wandering around in Frankensteins (crap choice of venue I know...) for about 30 minutes all squinting at each other going "hrm is that a daoc person?" till the conversations about swords and killing managed to draw them in (we had a banner but it didn't arrive till an hour after the meet had started).

Nametags are geeky but if you have the backroom to yourselves it might well be worthwhile ;) breaks the ice a bit better if you can go "oh so _you're_ censi" - and if you put real names on them you can then revert to being non-geeky and using real names :p

(not that I've been to this sort of thing before... me? not me no never)

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
i have never been to such a meeting. i really hope it is not a "geek/nerd" meeting, haha^^

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Nah, will be drink, feck, arse and girls with luck :p Just so it is clear, i am a geek, but only because i'm a scientist :p (it came with the degree course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom