Sums up AoC

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Overall I think the game is excellent, it has some flaws but for people with day jobs it is nice to just log in for a few hours, chop off some heads and get some gores splattered over the screen. Or group up with guildies and go slaughtering the entire cannibal population of thunder river.

Frankly, I've no need to defend the game as it manages fine without mine or anyone elses opinions.

Seriously get to 80 then whine, you have no clue how it is to 6v6 in any organized matter beyond the newb pool. May I ASK how balanced Thidranki in DAoC was? There will be no game that is balanced 100% throuhout the low, middle end game levels. :fluffle:

Too bad your 6v6 organized group fights aren't supported by the developers, remember to whine on the forums if you don't get your "fair fights" aswell.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Crafting ain't 100% broken. Gemcutting works OKish, alchemy works..the two I tested.

You got no clue about classbalance obviously, you just sheep on about how op'd ToS/PoM/Ranger is.

Necros, HoX's, Demo are all damn strong classes. Guardians always been solid, they are what they are supposed to be - Unkillable and with utlity stuns/knockback styles making them a pain in 6v6.

Whats OP'd with a PoM ? "zomgg QQQ knockback" 2.5 s spell that does random damage, can hit a grey lvl 50 for 350 dmg then crit for 2.5k dmg. You see when it is casted so you back away, if you don't you might, have a slight risc of beeing hit for 2k+ dmg, followed up by a pathetic again 2.5s smite for 400-1000 dmg.

PoMS fear sucks, poms single stun sucks.

WOW we got heals,a heal class who have heals amazing.

We have ~ 4k HP at lvl 80.

Seriously get to 80 then whine, you have no clue how it is to 6v6 in any organized matter beyond the newb pool. May I ASK how balanced Thidranki in DAoC was? There will be no game that is balanced 100% throuhout the low, middle end game levels. :fluffle:

P.S Demonos, necros are so annoying to face now it isn't even funny. Really tells you have no clue on how to play any of these classes since you mention them as gimped lol. Only class that could be seen as gimped is the assassin, and it should be abit gimped and lack utility since it is more of a solo class and have retarded burst damage that noby loves through. ( atm ). :p

Seriously dude shut the fuck up with that POM is not OP crap TOS/POM is OP go look everywhere people who don't play them are sick to the back teeth of them.

Why you think there is a lot of TOS/POM running around?

Hell make a new character go to Tortage you won't see many other classes there.

You have 4k hp at lvl 80? I have even less and you get to wear LIGHT ARMOUR? you heal and Out DPS me any day of the week.

Make any other class apart from the 3 OP classes and go pick a fight with them POM/TOS will laugh in your face as they out heal your damage/knock back/root and nuke the poor guy to the floor in seconds.

It takes a POM/TOS to nuke me 3-4 times to kill me now considering a POM will pop a heal as soon as they are attacked they then nuke you and you die.

TOS? they Root you and kill you before the root is done.

But you play the OP class so it's natural for you to come and say we are balanced.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I really like the starting city and the Destiny quests i have played one of each type (Necro, Conq, Shaman, Ranger) to over 20 and i like the way the quests are different but all take different roles in the same story. Some overlap but i still liked it.

What i do not like so far constant changes to chars. I have logged out one night being ok to solo 3 mobs at a camp the next day 2 of them will kill me. Should get better when the game settles. The other problem i think is the community only one time have i actually joined and stayed in a group the rest of the time you start up a group to kill a boss then as soon as he is dead everyone pisses off to go do the next quest solo and wait for the boss to pop. Too many times have i camped a boss mob only for a Assassin or Ranger to appear and start killing it. Then you get high level chars wiping a camp you need for whatever reason I know DAOC was not perfect but it felt much better than this at the moment community wise.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Not completely, there have always been plenty of asshats in mmo gaming, theres just more of the vocal ones nowadays i think :)

You are probably right, I tend to let nostalgia cloud my memories. :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
You can safely blame it on the WoW influence I guess?

You can blame it on the gamer who like to solo and ONLY solo.

One of the things i loved about DAOC was the group i made some fantastic friends lvling up my shade 1-50 at release and to be fair DAOC even to this day was a blast for me 1-50.

But hey you just have to look at DAOC today to see the solo community has ripped the PVE grp aspect almost out of the game.

1-50 is very easy now with the kill task dungeons.

:(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nothing wrong with soloing in an MMO... People shouldn't feel like they are forced to group, if you want to group then do so but don't whine about those that just want to get on with it without waiting for AFKers or retards. I pretty much exclusively solo be it PvE or PvP and generally enjoy my MMO experience, I find having to group with randoms the most tedious thing about an MMO, I don't see why I should have to put up with fuckwits that fail to hold agro when tanking, fail to heal when healing or fail to DPS without taking agro.

No thanks

Moral of the story...Pugs....no

Don't get me wrong I like playing with other people in the community, the trading and the alliances etc etc but I can't stand stupid people in MMOs. Why on earth should people be forced to be patient with people that probably struggle to dress themselves?

eksdee

FH is my second home
i think it is revelation that AoC rewards grouping but also allows you to solo all the way to 80 if you so choose. i would rather have a little bit extra time /played to 80 and do it solo than have to put up with 90% of the players i would have to in pugs.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
was going to buy this game since ive got a lot of free time now, doesnt sound worth it after reading this thread?

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Seriously dude shut the fuck up with that POM is not OP crap TOS/POM is OP go look everywhere people who don't play them are sick to the back teeth of them.

Why you think there is a lot of TOS/POM running around?

Hell make a new character go to Tortage you won't see many other classes there.

You have 4k hp at lvl 80? I have even less and you get to wear LIGHT ARMOUR? you heal and Out DPS me any day of the week.

Make any other class apart from the 3 OP classes and go pick a fight with them POM/TOS will laugh in your face as they out heal your damage/knock back/root and nuke the poor guy to the floor in seconds.

It takes a POM/TOS to nuke me 3-4 times to kill me now considering a POM will pop a heal as soon as they are attacked they then nuke you and you die.

TOS? they Root you and kill you before the root is done.

But you play the OP class so it's natural for you to come and say we are balanced.

N E W B I E.

Learn the game then talk. PoM DPS is WEAK. You seriously have Z E R O, 0, NONE, NADA, NOLL, INGEN, SQUAT, NIET clue.

All you do is whine. Get to 80 with your class then you earned the right to whine, nobody is interested of your baised comparison that a lvl 80 PoM actually could kill your lvl 13 whatever class etc.

It is so many PoMs around the lower levels since they boguht into the rediculous myth PoMs where OP'ed we have never been OP. Only thing we had wich was OP'd and obviously broken was the CoM + repulse stacking.

You will laugh at your own post when you got some real ingame and 1v1, 6v6 experince for now you sound, talk and express yourself like someone who have zero insight in the latter part of the PvP game.

If you really beileve ToS PoM are that powerful I sugest you level one to 80 then see for yourself.

/edit

Unbelieveable how little clue you got to be honest. I dare you go level a PoM to 80 so I can laugh at you whining all the way to 80 on how underperforming the class is haha.

- By devs it been stated that ToS is the most balanced class out there atm. Though I do agree they can do silly damage when they stack their damage abil, PoMs can't get near that type of damage output, ever.

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Overall I think the game is excellent, it has some flaws but for people with day jobs it is nice to just log in for a few hours, chop off some heads and get some gores splattered over the screen. Or group up with guildies and go slaughtering the entire cannibal population of thunder river.

Frankly, I've no need to defend the game as it manages fine without mine or anyone elses opinions.

Too bad your 6v6 organized group fights aren't supported by the developers, remember to whine on the forums if you don't get your "fair fights" aswell.

Believe it or not people do 6v6, working decent, it is fun and exciting. Sure Funcom should and will provide more group tools but it is not impossible to get fun and exciting 6v6 going, the raiding is broken though atm.

On a PvP server you ogranize it through IRC meet up and then fight it out, guess you don't have that on a PvE server :p

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
i think it is revelation that AoC rewards grouping but also allows you to solo all the way to 80 if you so choose. i would rather have a little bit extra time /played to 80 and do it solo than have to put up with 90% of the players i would have to in pugs.

Most games allow you to reach max level solo or grouped with the rewards being generally better in a group, it's not a revelation, it's been the standard for years.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
was going to buy this game since ive got a lot of free time now, doesnt sound worth it after reading this thread?

While it's nice to see what other players think of a game, you can't put too much stock in other players opinions, some love it, some don't and thats entirely down to their own personal preferences.

Aada

Part of the furniture
While it's nice to see what other players think of a game, you can't put too much stock in other players opinions, some love it, some don't and thats entirely down to their own personal preferences.

It couldn't be down to what Funcom has produced or lack of could it?

I mean after 5 years we shouldn't expect to much should we?

:eek7:

Aada

Part of the furniture
N E W B I E.

Learn the game then talk. PoM DPS is WEAK. You seriously have Z E R O, 0, NONE, NADA, NOLL, INGEN, SQUAT, NIET clue.

All you do is whine. Get to 80 with your class then you earned the right to whine, nobody is interested of your baised comparison that a lvl 80 PoM actually could kill your lvl 13 whatever class etc.

It is so many PoMs around the lower levels since they boguht into the rediculous myth PoMs where OP'ed we have never been OP. Only thing we had wich was OP'd and obviously broken was the CoM + repulse stacking.

You will laugh at your own post when you got some real ingame and 1v1, 6v6 experince for now you sound, talk and express yourself like someone who have zero insight in the latter part of the PvP game.

If you really beileve ToS PoM are that powerful I sugest you level one to 80 then see for yourself.

/edit

Unbelieveable how little clue you got to be honest. I dare you go level a PoM to 80 so I can laugh at you whining all the way to 80 on how underperforming the class is haha.

- By devs it been stated that ToS is the most balanced class out there atm. Though I do agree they can do silly damage when they stack their damage abil, PoMs can't get near that type of damage output, ever.

Ye ye keep talkin.

Bet you played a Warlock on WoW too AFTER they were buffed into oblivion.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

You should have no expectations. You didn't participate in the development of AoC, any other game, any other larger software project therefor you based your expectations on assumptions and played a game which you didn't like and started to whine about it in a forum section that is dedicated to AoC players.

To players, like in playing a game and not whining about it.

So what did you expect? Some former ultimate experience^2? Did you actually believe some marketing bullshit?

I don't play AoC at the moment, because I simply don't want to, I have other stuff to do; It is easy to see though that the game can be worth playing, it has nice graphics and sound, a gore factor hardly seen before in MMOGs, a unique lore, a unique combat system and a good development cycle.

If you think that the points that you find negative outweight the positive points, then please stop playing and leave.

The game is for adults only and every adult should be able to find out himself within 30 days if he wants to continue to play AoC or not.

What are you trying to achieve with your whining? Are you trying to convince the so called fanboys that the game is not worth playing? Why, they like it! Are you trying to convince the so called whiners that the game is not worth playing? Why, they don't like it anyway! Trying to convince the undecided/freshly interested players? Why, let them find out by themself!

Playing a game, a culture product is a lot about taste. If AoC doesn't fit your taste then it's time to say bad luck. If you think that it has potential, then file a petition with your suggestions or write them down and publish them in a viable way.

If you think that the lot of what you find wrong with AoC is so obvious and if you simply don't understand how Funcom didn't do it this (your) obvious way in 5 years then please found a company yourself and do it better.

Surely this is a public space and surely you have the right to express your opinion about AoC in an AoC forum, but if you try to make a scientific discussion out of it and not one about taste you will find people who will state that they didn't run out of quests at level 30, who never crashed, who have no problems with the UI, who don't care about whining about lack of content at level 80 because they're level 4x, who don't need a /who command, who don't need a single shard to get MMOG feeling and so on. So who is right now, them or you, you or them? They play it so they must be convinced, you are not convinced then you shouldn't be playing.

I am losing the track of my wall of text slowly, but let me rephrase it again, if you don't like AoC quit if you don't want to improve it or wait for improvement quit. So called justfied critique will you not get anywhere because most people will disagree on what justified critique is anyway.

Some will say "worst UI ever" and others will say "I can chat no problem and they're enhancing it even further" then some will say "fanboys" and then the others will say "whiners".

You can even have an iterations:

worst UI ever!
whiner!
fanboy!
I can chat no problem and they're enhancing it even further!

Still boils down to taste and if someone tries to put it in numbers with a statistic you will still come and shout fanboy while the statistic just expressed that the majority of 2k people who provided data like AoC.

I really tried to not use personal insults here in my post, but I have to assume that the world is full of with idiots, I have to assume that some of them have Internet acccess and I have to assume that some of them play AoC and I have to assume that some of them whine unjustified about AoC because they're just clueless sheeps or just like bitching about something that others like.

This is not directed at someone particular now, but you will have a hard time proving my above paragraph wrong.

Yes, I played the taste card, if you wan't to make a scientific discussion out of it please do so, I will just answer all of your points with the theory of cognition and say that for some a chair is a table and vice versa or both and that you will not prove to me that the humanity can agree that AoC is bad or good.

Some think it is a bloody good game, some think it is medicore, some think it is shit.

The problem on your side is that you try to support your points with arguments which are void, e.g. "it took them 5 years and now this" while you have NO insight on how the development went, what the difficulties and the show stoppers were, how the funding was, what human resources Funcom could get, what the initial goals where and why some of the have been abandomned and some new added. Sorry, but all this belongs to your "5 years" point too, the world isn't as simple as "have 50m, 120 men strong staff, 5 years and produce the ultimate game".

With the steadily growing computer processing power more and more becomes possible in the software development industry, the complexity of software is growing while various heads try to enhance the development cycles by introducing/enhancing management/software development methodologies and introducing better tools (smarter development tools).

I am just stating platitudes now, at the end of the day it boils down to the question if you like AoC or not, if you like the end product or not and if you want to play it or not.

Laughing about the fanboys or Funcom will not get you anywhere, I try to put in some insight into the whiners sometimes but I mostly have given up on them and drop some saracstic or aggressive one liners on them because I am sick of all the black and white thinking.

Yes, I whined about certain games too, or certain aspects of the games, e.g. a lot about DAoC and the lack of its collision dection, but I have always found more positive points that kept me playing, otherwise I moved on and left the space! I maybe stated what experiences I made and why I left and under what circumstances I would come back but I always understood that others may still like the game or experienced it in a completly different way!

Tabula Rasa I liked a lot, but I have said from the beginning that if the game will not get objective based PvP I will stop playing it. I could cry about it all year long of how Destination Games ruined a game and say what's shit in this game so on but I have to assume that someone came on top with it with Tabula Rasa and I think it is Richard Garriot who earned millions to fly to space :p.

Same about EVE really, the funny thing is that I still support EVE with 2 forum systems, AoC with 1 and TR with a custom Java application and I don't even play those games atm and don't intend to play 2 of them again for sure.

I hope you see the pattern, even if you find something shit please ask yourself if it might be worth playing for others.

Not running a grammar check on this, have a nice read.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Best part about AoC is the amount of whine it produced. This forum is far better than the old Dyvet RvR forum, lots of quality reading :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Best part about AoC is the amount of whine it produced. This forum is far better than the old Dyvet RvR forum, lots of quality reading :)

should have been online earlier. Albs have 5 relics and there are lots of useless players that need farming.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
should have been online earlier. Albs have 5 relics and there are lots of useless players that need farming.

sounds like albs do alot of damage then :(, will be on tomorrow for guild rvr, and maybe earlyer if anybody else on

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
It couldn't be down to what Funcom has produced or lack of could it?

:eek7:

Sorry dude, your going to have to enlighten me as to what that has to do with what i said, seeing as you quoted me :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Nothing wrong with soloing in an MMO... People shouldn't feel like they are forced to group,

no ppl shouldn't be forced to group. but there really isnt much of any group CONTENT in AoC except a few instances, and don't come with the "go to the epic version of a zone" because there's no fucking point in it, quest rewards or loot isn't better at all.

heck, even the group recommended outdoor quests is easily soloable by just about any class. sure, not by all if the quest is yellow, but you only have to be 2 or 3 lvl's above to be able to solo it unless there's a elite boss u have to kill.

that's the main gripe i have. all the idiots who demands that EVERYTHING should be soloable just because they are to fucking loot horny to want to make a group. just look at all the whines about the fixes on boss farming.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"- By devs it been stated that ToS is the most balanced class out there atm. Though I do agree they can do silly damage when they stack their damage abil, PoMs can't get near that type of damage output, ever."

Yes puppet of set is very balanced ;)

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
no ppl shouldn't be forced to group. but there really isnt much of any group CONTENT in AoC except a few instances, and don't come with the "go to the epic version of a zone" because there's no fucking point in it, quest rewards or loot isn't better at all.

heck, even the group recommended outdoor quests is easily soloable by just about any class. sure, not by all if the quest is yellow, but you only have to be 2 or 3 lvl's above to be able to solo it unless there's a elite boss u have to kill.

that's the main gripe i have. all the idiots who demands that EVERYTHING should be soloable just because they are to fucking loot horny to want to make a group. just look at all the whines about the fixes on boss farming.

This is something I don't get either with "your" (not specifically you ) whinge.

Grouping yields superior exp when it comes to leveling. Level 79-80 in 3 hours in a group aoe grinding - isn't that enough incentive to group? I mean you already HAVE to group for instances with epic mobs in them. You have to group if your gonna make higher level quests and you have to group to gain control over popular PvE spots for grinding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom