such stlong stealth groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
So basically what people are saying is that they don't want balance..they want LA to be as it was before nerf,overpowered... :p
I don't think SB's are so bad either,sure infils are overpowered,but I think the biggest problem ofc is buffbots with spec af and stuffs ;o

Who said that ??? I , like the majority of all SB's , just want the freaking stealth classes to be balanced... A thing Mythic does not seem capable of doing sadly :( I dont want to be " uniqe " I want to have a freaking chance , so they can copy past all the abillities , skill's , spec line and what not , I dont care if thats what it takes , then they can put in the " uniqe " realm feel with some carefully thought trugh special class RA's , that does not suck or over power the given class

emma

Loyal Freddie
Smurflord said:
About 50 points higher than my damage cap. Nerf SBs! :D
That the cap in the screen shot or the one from pre-nurf LA.

Either way stop using the 2.9 spd long DICKS and use a proper weapon imho.

Even then a 2.9 spd weapon shouldn't get even close to the damage cap of a 4.2 spd.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
Same be compaired to with other servers.. Albs zerg (be it stealth or not) other realm counter zergs.. gets flamed for doing it. Yet hardly anyone bothers to point out to the Albs.. hey your started it.
Its taken me a while to realise this but ive finally worked out what you are :eek7:
So take the blinkers off and go for a canter in the open fields and stop talking so much bs constantly ty.

Every single one of your posts on any thread on any topic has one of the following themes

Albs zerg, mids never zerg except to counter.
Albs are overpowered.
Midgard is nerfed
Infils are overpowered.
Sb's are really really really really bad.
I solo yet group because my class sucks too much (which is why ive never seen you solo).
Alb stealthers zerg, mid stealthers never do.

Or a combination of these. Ask someone irl to teach you a new tune please, we are extremly bored of this one.

Aenir

Fledgling Freddie
Remove stealth will be very hard but i would say leave stealth only to assassins and compensate to archers with some nifty stuff. Mincers are uber so shouldnt be compensated. This would clear up a lot of problems...

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Tamron said:
Svartur, I have to say you are one of the very rare soloers I get to meet every so often. And you actually SOLO as well, not Hunter/buffbot duo <winks>. And to everyone who says to solo and play the class like it was MEANT - get serious, DROP the buffbot and REALLY play the class like it was meant. I don't go to emain (Been there once in the last 6 months), but actually Odin's is getting just as bad lately, with amg more often than not camped by stealther groups (not fg's, but up to 5-6 Hunter/SBs or Ranger/NSs are not uncommon). Of course even meeting a 'Solo' opponent these days means I get my ass handed to me 8/10 times as I am fighting a duo - the stealther and his bb.
And yet I keep going out there, mostly solo somtimes duo, in foolish hope that one morning I wake up and all will be well again <laughs>. Guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. :cheers:

Play hunter without a bot? You must really love flogging yourself with barbed wire. Rusty barbed wire. With squirrels caught in it.

According to Macky's reply to the stealthers:

a) Stealth will not be removed.
b) Minstrels will not be toned down
c) Since you're able to solo so well, none of the stealthers will receive groupfriendly abilities.

That last one made me laugh. Mythic has always denied there is a stealth war and balances classes realm-wide, and not class-vs-class.

Too bad a hunter brings nothing to a group and can't reliably solo either. We're so screwed. >_<

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla, what makes me really laugh, is how a ranger can spec bow enough to do 300+ a shot, THEN go on to out melle me!

pure class :clap:

emma

Loyal Freddie
bigchief said:
Its taken me a while to realise this but ive finally worked out what you are :eek7:
So take the blinkers off and go for a canter in the open fields and stop talking so much bs constantly ty.

Every single one of your posts on any thread on any topic has one of the following themes

Albs zerg, mids never zerg except to counter.
Albs are overpowered.
Midgard is nerfed
Infils are overpowered.
Sb's are really really really really bad.
I solo yet group because my class sucks too much (which is why ive never seen you solo).
Alb stealthers zerg, mid stealthers never do.

Or a combination of these. Ask someone irl to teach you a new tune please, we are extremly bored of this one.
Who thaught i was talking about mid ? considering i havent even logged onto my mid chars in almost 4 months i think you`ll find im not on about Mid at all.

And to add a little more Whine to thread....

1. Alb does zerg so do other realms, just some more than others
2. Some Alb class's are overpowered, just like "some" class's in other realms
3. Midgard (class's) has been nurfed, more times than any other realm.
4. Infils ARE overpowered. Even the Devs have started to admit that.
5. SB`s are bad currently, Even the Devs admit that.
6. I did Solo, i also grouped, but generally it was the former rather than the latter until the final few weeks before i quit mid.
7. Alb stealthers zerg, so do mid and hib stealther. Just alb does it more often (24/7)

And while your on about changing the tune, why dont you start by removing this from your sig.

Spathi - Laying face down in emain bitching about savages ;o

Savages whines are so last year tbh

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Tesla Monkor said:
Too bad a hunter brings nothing to a group and can't reliably solo either. We're so screwed. >_<

So u dont have TS then? Yes it is on a 30 min timer but with the current stealth zerging by all sides imo this is a extremly useful tool. The only reason u cant solo is because theres zergs and baf all over, but to say u CANT is a lie, ive been in various solo situations with all of my chars and can honestly say that hunters/rangers can still kill you if there good.

But ppl always choose the easy option of baf vs an oppenant they cant solo, which is quite sucky. Just takes more practice or different tactics, then again in these RP horney days where every one wants to be one of the leet most ppl couldnt give a crap about how they get there RPs

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Kreig said:
So u dont have TS then? Yes it is on a 30 min timer but with the current stealth zerging by all sides imo this is a extremly useful tool.

Of course I have TS. I use it to AVOID other stealthers. Or, when I'm absolutely sure it's a ranger, I might dare a ranged attack.

Infils - pointless to attack, face you and evade anything you try.
NS - pointless to attack, face you and evade anything you try.
Scouts - pointless unless they're /really/ slow in using engage.
Minstrels - pointless. They just take the damage I deal (With 65 Bowskill), run over, CC me, deal with the dog if they feel like it, charm a pet and pound me into the ground. (Or they just sprint off before I can take them down.)

Only rangers are a viable target since they have no ranged defense save for Evade III.

I've played my class long enough to know exactly what I can and can't do. I made more RPs using volley last week and killing bots than I made in three weeks of looking for solo-fights that I had any chance of winning.

The only reason u cant solo is because theres zergs and baf all over, but to say u CANT is a lie, ive been in various solo situations with all of my chars and can honestly say that hunters/rangers can still kill you if there good.

I love playing my huntress. I think I'm reasonably proficient at it. I won't say I'm the best, since I most likely am not. However, I've over two years of experience playing her both 'solo' and 'grouped'.

I played while See Hidden was ingame and we had no defense at all. (For those just tuning in - this is gonna happen again with ToA's Stealth Lore items.). Or course I've had plenty of solo meetings in the years, but it's getting harder and harder to even stand a chance - not even considering the fact that /real/ solo players are hard to take down to begin with.

Running grouped, my huntress usually dies first. Before the support classes. Before the casters. I try to stay back and take out their support and I inevitable get infiltrated if I spend more than a few moments in the same position. I've seen assisttrains ignore all other classes to take down the nicely squishy spear-wielder first.

But ppl always choose the easy option of baf vs an oppenant they cant solo, which is quite sucky. Just takes more practice or different tactics, then again in these RP horney days where every one wants to be one of the leet most ppl couldnt give a crap about how they get there RPs

Adding is the only reliable way for hunters to gain RPs. I'm not ashamed of adding when I get a chance - but to each their own.

Aenir

Fledgling Freddie
Been to Hw ten times today ( ports ) with 0 rps as a result. I was solo and got gangbanged by albs and hibs. All stealthers who just camp mmg.
Being outnumbered happens,np, but lately noone seems to come out alone.
Just chicken sissys.

And bigchief, alb does have it easy and we will keep repeating it. You get the rps, we get teh whining rights. Does seem like we get shafted and you still complain ? Go and camp some milegate with your fg fotm alb stealthers k ?

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
And while your on about changing the tune, why dont you start by removing this from your sig.

Spathi - Laying face down in emain bitching about savages ;o

Savages whines are so last year tbh
Sure

But first you play an avalonian sorc in an emain grp where you are the only caster and then see what your opinion on savages is (having seen you whine about savages fairly recently on irc because they killed your totally overpowered 'pet class').

emma

Loyal Freddie
bigchief said:
Sure

But first you play an avalonian sorc in an emain grp where you are the only caster and then see what your opinion on savages is (having seen you whine about savages fairly recently on irc because they killed your totally overpowered 'pet class').
Does playing an eldritch in a tank group count ? been running with a tank group for almost a week now as debuffer and diseaser so know all about savages thanks.

Yet some how i manage to avoid getting killed on sight because i

1. Avoid the tanks by moving around alot.
2. Only stop to debuff and disease.
3. Get behind the enemy support and take them out.
4. Have a tank guard me when needed.

If your sorc/caster is dropping dead on sight maybe you should tell your tanks to do there job. A shield spec tank with 50+xx shield and mob3-4 can easily guard any class vs a melee assist train but then i guess alb is still infatuated with two hand weapons and polearms.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
emma said:
If your sorc/caster is dropping dead on sight maybe you should tell your tanks to do there job.

When i play my sorc it depends greatly on the enemy grp, the better grps will kill u regardless of a shield tank blocking for u tbh. 1500 hp lasts a few seconds without a healer in the grp, with a healer or 2 i still get taken down very quickly.

emma said:
A shield spec tank with 50+xx shield and mob3-4 can easily guard any class vs a melee assist train but then i guess alb is still infatuated with two hand weapons and polearms.

My Saracen pally with capped buffs 81 shield doesnt block much vs 3 savages + skald assist train for any caster, let alone when they train onto him. Tbh casters are dead if the train is on them too few hp vs the best melee dmg dealer in the game. I hear you say Slam also.... Try it when you manage to land it past there 360 degree Evade 9 you've still got 3 other ppl on the person your suppost to be protecting.

The only way casters can survive is if they dont get involved in any melee by evasion, hiding behind trees/rocks etc casting from a distance.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Tesla Monkor said:

Sorry Tesla you missed my main point; Surely with TS mid stealth grps would want you? Not that i condone or want to encourage these things, but for the sake of the discussion.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Tesla Monkor said:
Of course I have TS. I use it to AVOID other stealthers. Or, when I'm absolutely sure it's a ranger, I might dare a ranged attack.

Infils - pointless to attack, face you and evade anything you try.
NS - pointless to attack, face you and evade anything you try.
Scouts - pointless unless they're /really/ slow in using engage.
Minstrels - pointless. They just take the damage I deal (With 65 Bowskill), run over, CC me, deal with the dog if they feel like it, charm a pet and pound me into the ground. (Or they just sprint off before I can take them down.)

Only rangers are a viable target since they have no ranged defense save for Evade III.

Always the grass is greener on the other side comes to mind. According to what you say its pointless what ever stealther u attack, but i have been killed plenty of times by hunters before i get into melee with them, and thats having capped evade rate and full buffs on my Inf.

Mincer - If u crit shot them then switch to rapid fire theres no way on my mincer i can pull mezz off and if you have enough distance you can get em down before they can get in stun range. Ok so i have SoS once in 30 mins and IP if your RR5 + so i can blow them and then stun > mezz > pet > melee, but thats once every 30 mins.

Granted scouts have Engage and Slam. But the rest are doable, and on many occasions have been on the recieving end and got beats by solo hunters.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
mincer:
sprint to you (or SoS)
put abla on
DD, DD
instastun
mez,
put abla on
kill pet, or mez it
play heal song / do FA2
wait till mezz ends
DD, DD
amy (5 x)
DD, DD (yay, stun is back)
stun
etc,

unless hunter has purge / IP up and use right moment

dead hunter

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
old.windforce said:
mincer:
sprint to you (or SoS)
put abla on
DD, DD
instastun
mez,
put abla on
kill pet, or mez it
play heal song / do FA2
wait till mezz ends
DD, DD
amy (5 x)
DD, DD (yay, stun is back)
stun
etc,

unless hunter has purge / IP up and use right moment

dead hunter

Bah ok when u put it like that but still it is possible for hunters to kill mincers, espcially high RR hunters vs low RR mincers (rr5 <), which there a fair amount of. Just a bit lame when ppl always have to say its imposible to solo so i have to Zerg.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Kreig said:
When i play my sorc it depends greatly on the enemy grp, the better grps will kill u regardless of a shield tank blocking for u tbh. 1500 hp lasts a few seconds without a healer in the grp, with a healer or 2 i still get taken down very quickly.

My Saracen pally with capped buffs 81 shield doesnt block much vs 3 savages + skald assist train for any caster, let alone when they train onto him. Tbh casters are dead if the train is on them too few hp vs the best melee dmg dealer in the game. I hear you say Slam also.... Try it when you manage to land it past there 360 degree Evade 9 you've still got 3 other ppl on the person your suppost to be protecting.

The only way casters can survive is if they dont get involved in any melee by evasion, hiding behind trees/rocks etc casting from a distance.
If your not with atleast 2 clerics your gonna die anyway. And paladins are no good for guard in these days of DAoC. There weaponskill is too low as is there shield weaponskill. You wont block as well vs buffed Savages or anyother tank for that matter.

Ive had hero`s guard me vs 3 Savages and lived.

ofc Alb groups need the pally for end regen but it might be worth getting a 50 shield spec Armsman for real guarding.

Sure a groupset of:

2 Clerics
1 Minstrel
1 Sorc
1 Paladin
1 Armsman
2 Mercs

would still work.

Hell the group setup ive been in the past few days/week has been:

2 Druids
1 Bard
1 Warden (if no warden a BM)
1 Champ
1 Eld
2 Hero`s

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Boomeruk said:
been sat at mpkE for about 3 hours tonight watching people come and go

see SB's, hunters buff up and make the run to mmg / amg / apk

mostly solo, sometimes i see a duo... but none the less, lots of them.

why is it the alb stealthers have to group in 5's 6's and even fg's? this has been said time and time again, but its totally destroyed mid / pryds rvr imo.

sbzerg1.JPG

I second that. :eek6:

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like the pic I just made , fighting a infil 1v1 WUHHUUU dont happen often.. but Butt-fader and his zerglings had to zerg me into the ground.. freaking well played for a moron.......... Dont EVER complain about adding again.. freaking plugans.....

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Damon_D said:
Looks like the pic I just made , fighting a infil 1v1 WUHHUUU dont happen often.. but Butt-fader and his zerglings had to zerg me into the ground.. freaking well played for a moron.......... Dont EVER complain about adding again.. freaking plugans.....

most people attack a enemy when they see one, and i assume your not holy either are you?

Svartur

Fledgling Freddie
Since there has constantly been at least a fg of gimps camping mmgE several days in a row(as we write included) I am not supprised to see that picture.

Sending everyone home one by one eventually they will all come at the same port. ;)

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
emma said:
If your not with atleast 2 clerics your gonna die anyway. And paladins are no good for guard in these days of DAoC. There weaponskill is too low as is there shield weaponskill. You wont block as well vs buffed Savages or anyother tank for that matter.

ofc Alb groups need the pally for end regen but it might be worth getting a 50 shield spec Armsman for real guarding.

I have a 50 sheild spec Saracen Armsman with same mob etc etc also Emma... I KNOW the difference and there isnt one vs assist trains of that calibur

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:

Sure a groupset of:

2 Clerics
1 Minstrel
1 Sorc
1 Paladin
1 Armsman
2 Mercs

would still work.

Hell the group setup ive been in the past few days/week has been:

2 Druids
1 Bard
1 Warden (if no warden a BM)
1 Champ
1 Eld
2 Hero`s
Thanks for showing you really dont have much of a clue (also added to your other post where you comment on surviving as an eld). You can actually run away from assist trains because as you said, youre there for disease. Seen many body cabs in rvr recently, i sure havn't :m00: As for having a 50shield arms in the grp. Yeah thats fine but then that leaves you with only 2 tanks doing any damage. 2 mercs isnt much of an assist train, palas do no damage so theyre not much use in the train compared to a proper tank, hence they get used a block bot.

And no tank is gonna stop 2 DW savages, a s/s warrior and a skald from hitting sorc who only has 1300-1400hp. If the non-det pala is mez'd and cant guard anyway the sorc dies inside 2 seconds. If he can guard he may last a bit longer. The same can be applied to most realms when a train is on them, for someone that claims to run around alot in a rvr melee grp you sure do seem to know fuck all about it.

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
most people attack a enemy when they see one, and i assume your not holy either are you?

I try when in fg's not to add on stealther fights , just because I know how lame it is.. I'll rather loos a fight ( if its 1v1 ) than have a fg zerg my opponent , for me fun comes before winning... wish it was so for more peopel in this game........

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Well you dont need that you have " Vanish4thewin "

Wish I had a special RA that was as usefull as a 900 pa mid-fight...must be nice

Attachments

• Vanish 4thewin ..jpg
    Vanish 4thewin ..jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom