such stlong stealth groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
These are all pretty much the same old whines that have become apparent as the game has got older. More and more elite grps, more and more stealth grps. There is no middle ground anymore like there always used to be, when these whines 1st started appearing on BW's they were merely small cracks. Now there getting pretty big and the distance between the regular guy and the ppl at the top of the pecking order is getting bigger, hopefully next patch will address some of the current game issues, and perhaps people would be tempted back into playing regular non-stealth chars thus returning the balance of the stealth population. As it is its harder for more casual gamers which is a bad sign as we all know this game is dead soon as somit better comes along.

People wont change because they dont want to go back to losing so the cycle never ends and it just deteriates more, the whole attitude of how the game is whats wrong. Some 1 dies to an equal opponant, repeat, next time they bring there chum, etc etc

Quite lame tbh. Respect to the solo ppl.

Lets just all PL ourselves Archers, get TS, TS the PKs/MGs have a few scraps, run back to PK sit w8 till TS up again....

ZZZZZZZZ

<edit>

You only have to look at the most hit threads and it says it all :(

such stlong stealth groups
Crossrealming Hib and Alb
Lagtricks

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
This is a problem but I dont see it getting much better till frontiers comes.

I live in GMT+8 so when I play on a week day evening its around lunch time in UK so not too many ppl in rvr apart from stealthers. I tend to either run out solo or try and get in a small stealth grp.

We run to amg and find alb stealthers there already, plus the fact hardly any hibs about at that time. So we move on to the mmg, either camped or we see death spam at the mpk which means thats camped.

So... we can either camp mmg (if its not already camped) and hope that the stealthers camping mpk let 1 or 2 slip past for us to have. Hmm, dont like this plan much.

Or... we head on down to mpk and try and kill the mids faster than the other stealthers there. Occasionally mids get smart and send out sbs/hunters to uncover us and then let their zerg take us out. We release, come back and do it all over again.

Dont get to play in UK prime time much anymore so not sure how it is then.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Tamron said:
Svartur, I have to say you are one of the very rare soloers I get to meet every so often. And you actually SOLO as well, not Hunter/buffbot duo <winks>. And to everyone who says to solo and play the class like it was MEANT - get serious, DROP the buffbot and REALLY play the class like it was meant. I don't go to emain (Been there once in the last 6 months), but actually Odin's is getting just as bad lately, with amg more often than not camped by stealther groups (not fg's, but up to 5-6 Hunter/SBs or Ranger/NSs are not uncommon). Of course even meeting a 'Solo' opponent these days means I get my ass handed to me 8/10 times as I am fighting a duo - the stealther and his bb.
And yet I keep going out there, mostly solo somtimes duo, in foolish hope that one morning I wake up and all will be well again <laughs>. Guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. :cheers:

Risking starting a whole new discussion...

Who says unbuffed was the way it was MEANT? ... you're a Roleplayer ... so go with me on this one...

I'm a Saracen from a large family ... we've been saving up money and can now afford the services of a "enhancements specialized"-Cleric ... and he gets paid well for hugging the wall of various borderkeeps making me and my family stronger.

Who says it wasn't MEANT to be?

I'm not proud I have a bb ... and people who know me know that I fought the concept for months... I just realised it was pointless ... I don't see pride in losing fights where I do everything "right" to people that made several mistakes during that fight ... now at least it's leveled again. Because it's safe to say you will meet more buffed people then unbuffed in any frontier.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
all realms stealthzerg

even the so called soloers and duoers will be at a milegate at some point and be part of the zerg

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
Many stealthers I know and talk with are those who fed up with savage assist trains killing everything in sight and made a stealther. I for one did that too and im pretty happy with it but I dont like the idea that basically I had to do a stealther to have fun in RvR.

Then I started running to HW and Odin and never met an unbuffed stealther there so now I just wait for my brother to log and duo or go to keeptakes by myself. :)

And the way I see it stealthzerging started with 1unbuffed stealther getting killed by buffed stealther. Then unbuffed stealther getting a friend to kill buffed stealther then buffed stealther getting friend to kill couple unbuffed stealthers... etc. So blame the first stealther who had friends or the idiot who thougt having a bb will get em some respect. And also that dont help that more and more people mostly in alb think stealthing starts to be only choice for any good RvR against those over optimized and buffbotted groups mainly some large RvR guilds run everyday nowadays.

Also I think stealthing with buffs is not soloing unless you have selfbuffs. :)

Though RvR seems better for me nowadays I still dont think it was bad choice making a inf. And you guys dont have to cry yourselves to sleep long time anymore. ToA will propably make it easyer again to solo with your bb's.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
mincer + infi is far the most superior stealth force in the game, no idea why cant they duo (at least try to). The "mg is always camped by others but we didnt see them" is bullshit, why the hell you need to camp mg when you can cruise around with mach5? : )

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
Sure is Dorin.

Cant make savage so had to think something else. :) Though I made inf to avoid em not to beat em.

Albion is for me and im staying but if I cant do anything fun in RvR with my pally I find something else. :) I have a minstrel, ice/earth theurg and a friar in leveling around lvl 40 and hope those can someday be played in RvR. At the current state they cant unless I give up and go to those optimized groups that use 2+bb's instead of skills.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
like many others i made an infil cause i cba to wait for a decent group to show up for hours

since we are a very small guild and we like to rvr together now and then stealth is the only option

solo stealthing is very boring altough very rewarding if you can find that other soloer.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Boomeruk said:
why is it the alb stealthers have to group in 5's 6's and even fg's? this has been said time and time again, but its totally destroyed mid / pryds rvr imo.

how can standing in 1 place for hours on end killing numours enemies in a fg of stealthers getting hords of rps fun? surely you didnt create the character you wanted, exped it all the way to 50, spent all your hard earned cash on good equipment, just to stand in a fg and maybe get the occasional style in on a enemy before it dies?

I like to solo / duo as much as possible and earn my realm points, if i see mid stealthers in large groups, i just laugh spam them, but in ratio the alb stealth groups outweigh the mids 10:1 easilly (probably due to population numbers or something)

from now on im gonna be running my solo / duo sb in HW, if any of the albs who keep ganking me in there fg's actually want to fight me, to get the most out of there equipment they worked hard getting, come and fight me, you might get some respect! or even find it fun killing someone all on your own! im omw there now so feel free to join me.
I find it slightly ironic therefore that you ran over me in a grp of 4-5sb's and a hunter last night then :rolleyes: (and you wern't 'just nearby' as someone said on irc you were one group :()

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is there are to many stealthers. why?

1. As it is today an some assasins can work as a light tank and dont have to get PA in.Some FOTM players think its cool to have a light tank with stealth. Those who make an assasin and dont have the patiens to wait an lourk the shaddows to get a good pa in dont belong in the assisn world.get ridd of these players and we see less assasins.

2. Some of those players may totaly suck or dont have bb or both. Some player thought it was god mode and notice it aint if u solo. They dont care about skill they just think rp = fun, i am soo cool. So what do they do? They zerg. and that s ALL realms.Some more than other and that might be couse they have a 3rd stealth class that give em even more stealthers (wonder what realm that can be).

3. Already been mentioned.You dont always know about the other stealthers.Would be good if Mythic implemented constant TS for own realm mates.

Thats how i see it
BBs and the fact that u dont need to lourk in the shadows to be a succesfull assasin is what make this.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I've been trying to solo occasional duo with Dwera or Gralair, but kinda forced into staying in HW waiting a few hours for a kill.

But saying this, primetime HW theres like 4+ regular ns/rangers that seem to like hunting down solo players.

I went Emain, I think 3 times now, 1st time died to a solo infil, Hunnybunny, was nice to see a soloer, 2nd time, I'd managed to get passed mmg, to kill a quest spider mob for my cloak, and proceeded to amg after that, I find 2 stealthers and carry on, over the mg, but one follows, and I manage to get the jump on him, and win with hardly any hp left, then fg runs over and MA trains me. 3rd time, I see a rr1/2 infil, and I battle with him/her and Rambo's team ran at mach5 towards me to gank me, really, is that what is fun with running in 1-2fg stealthers? and 3rd time, I PA/ hit a sorc for hardly anything, and then I thought wtf :/ 4th time, I went emain, I hit a mincer for 85dmg (70 chant) 15 dmg and get hit back for above 200... I guess they get the I own'd you feeling...

Odin's is just the hib version of Emain, regaruly 4+ stealthers, but I must admit, I did see a couple of solo/duo albs there.

Just wish people will solo for the fun of a kill, imo its the best play in the game, get a kill all by yourself, without another like 4+ stealthers behind you, is much fun.

Just don't understand the thrill in killing solo people with groups.

So I'll be in HW non primetime, if you want a solo/duo battle with a new learning to play SB.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Now you know why i left Prydwen. The one and only class i truely enjoyed played got the point of me getting so incredibly pissed off when playing it i just gave up. Stealther combat used to be fun when you could go out maybe kill a caster or two and occasionaly fight an enemy stealther 1 vs 1. Now adays you spend more time as an SB on the pad waiting to port than actually gaining rp`s by killing people. Infiltrators have destroyed prydwen for me, dont know wether to blame mythic for there incompetence in balancing class's or the fotm bandwagoners. Eitherway Prydwen is dead for me. I wont be coming back in a hurry.

I`ll only ever return to my SB once mythic have sorted out the Styles, fixed the RA`s and most importantly nurfed Infiltrators, this will be a while no doubt, so maybe see you as darkelf in WoW in the future.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:

I`ll only ever return to my SB once mythic have sorted out the Styles, fixed the RA`s and most importantly nurfed Infiltrators, this will be a while no doubt, so maybe see you as darkelf in WoW in the future.

:m00:

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Emma have you ever managed to write a post without refering to midgard nerf or fotm infs ?

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
once again i say sb are fine maybe u play like a wimp or something tho:p some sbs proved me that they arent gimp maybe they dont get ap like ns or vanish (10 points and it s every 30 mins) remember ap take aug con 3 (10points) and ap 3 (19points so in total 29 just for ap 3) with all those points i m sure sbs can get some nice passive ras+ sbs can get 2200+hps i have 1800hps(cap) on my infil lol..
stop saying bs i think u took so long with ur sb to get rr5 that just explain why ur a wimp :m00:

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
Identify target, draw,fire - oh dear, 8 stealthers pop, target lives, I die...

Rinse and repeat atm !

Still, some good fun to be had in HW at the moment and starting to spend more time in Odins.

Cheers

Azo

Marius

Fledgling Freddie
loads of mid stealth about lately surely emain rvr must be somewhat eaiser no? still at least u aint a foken hib! play a hibby stealth and see how u find emain.... fecking run is such a bitch. wanj!! :x

emma

Loyal Freddie
Succi said:
Emma have you ever managed to write a post without refering to midgard nerf or fotm infs ?
ofc but they normally start with.. HaHa you suck.. LoL wtfpwned.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Araudry said:
once again i say sb are fine maybe u play like a wimp or something tho:p some sbs proved me that they arent gimp maybe they dont get ap like ns or vanish (10 points and it s every 30 mins) remember ap take aug con 3 (10points) and ap 3 (19points so in total 29 just for ap 3) with all those points i m sure sbs can get some nice passive ras+ sbs can get 2200+hps i have 1800hps(cap) on my infil lol..
stop saying bs i think u took so long with ur sb to get rr5 that just explain why ur a wimp :m00:
I sure.. nay positive that if i grouped with 7 other stealthers daily to camp milegates and pk`s i`d be rr7-8-9 or even 10 by now. But unfortunatly i find that lame, boring and immorale. An assassin by defenition is a solo killer not a bloody zerg class. If you want to zerg people and wtfpwn play a class people can actually see.

And for an SB to get 2.2k hp`s they would need aug con/toughness lvl 2 or 3. ofc you can get those same RA`s to get over 2k hp yourself, but obviously you forgot to mention that. Besides one offhand hit from an Infil > our extra 100 hp anyway.

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:

Yeah SB's are fine and they just found a large collony of giant squirrels on Mars.....

Each time a semi decent RR slash infil hit's me , I start to dream off how wonderfull it would be to be able to do such dmg... Then I /release...

When the same RR infil hit's me with DF I just go afk , and come back 9 sec's later to /release.... Then I sit on the pad and ponder about how nice it must be to have an stun style thats as easy to pull of as DF..and having it stun for 9 sec's.. BUt then I say to myself.. dont whine m8 , you get 20-30 hp's more and the use of a 2h manure shovel so thats certainly fair

I'm sure its because I suck, that your off hand hit's about as hard as my main hand.. It absolutely cant be because LA was nerfed to hard , and that SB have to make some darn hard choises Infil's dont have to make , because off 2,5x and the way DW works..

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
I sure.. nay positive that if i grouped with 7 other stealthers daily to camp milegates and pk`s i`d be rr7-8-9 or even 10 by now. But unfortunatly i find that lame, boring and immorale. An assassin by defenition is a solo killer not a bloody zerg class. If you want to zerg people and wtfpwn play a class people can actually see.

And for an SB to get 2.2k hp`s they would need aug con/toughness lvl 2 or 3. ofc you can get those same RA`s to get over 2k hp yourself, but obviously you forgot to mention that. Besides one offhand hit from an Infil > our extra 100 hp anyway.
i dont camp milegate daily with 7 others ppl rofl when ppl ask to group with me i always say i prefer solo but it s my problem sometime i group when i get zerged every run by fg sb / ns ;o
and infil can hardly get 2k+ hps since im briton with +10 con at start so i dont think infil can get 2k+ hps easy when i had 2k hps it was with tough 3 con 3 minimum.. but i saw a sb with con 2 tough 2 and he had 2.2k+ and he told me his bb was mota 2 or something ;p

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
sorry about last night bigchief, myself, muh, invisiblee, yuli and a cpl of others had tried to solo for about 7 hours and it just wasent happeneing with the likes of the new "cool dudes" or whatever there called out in force.

then rambo and co

got quiet depressing, and after several hours of dishing them hords of rps we got fedup, grouped for 40 mins, wiped them, went to apk, camped for another 20 mins getting the easy rps you like you lot enjoy gettinng so much , then got TS'ed, zerged and logged.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Boomeruk said:
sorry about last night bigchief, myself, muh, invisiblee, yuli and a cpl of others had tried to solo for about 7 hours and it just wasent happeneing with the likes of the new "cool dudes" or whatever there called out in force.

then rambo and co

got quiet depressing, and after several hours of dishing them hords of rps we got fedup, grouped for 40 mins, wiped them, went to apk, camped for another 20 mins getting the easy rps you like you lot enjoy gettinng so much , then got TS'ed, zerged and logged.
Same be compaired to with other servers.. Albs zerg (be it stealth or not) other realm counter zergs.. gets flamed for doing it. Yet hardly anyone bothers to point out to the Albs.. hey your started it.

and Arraudry even though you are a fairly skilled player.. albit a one playing a stupidly overpowered stealth class. Solo at milegates does not count. There`s no such thing as "solo" when near one because no matter how hard to try and avoid other infils there`s always a shit load of em there waiting to leech/add etc etc

There are times i wish i had played my SB more when LA was godly instead of leveling 5 other chars to 50 because to be honest it plain sucks now.

http://www.thevortex.demon.co.uk/someonelovesme.jpg

such stlong damage caps there.. made me /cry irl.

Pre-Nurf Snowsqual capped at 522 btw.. and omfg when i look back now i bloody loved it.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Saw 1 ns go solo to amg today bang 5 stealthers pop, sigh it's not fun for other players, maybe fun for them but i wish they would realise this :(

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
So basically what people are saying is that they don't want balance..they want LA to be as it was before nerf,overpowered... :p
I don't think SB's are so bad either,sure infils are overpowered,but I think the biggest problem ofc is buffbots with spec af and stuffs ;o

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
Same be compaired to with other servers.. Albs zerg (be it stealth or not) other realm counter zergs.. gets flamed for doing it. Yet hardly anyone bothers to point out to the Albs.. hey your started it.

and Arraudry even though you are a fairly skilled player.. albit a one playing a stupidly overpowered stealth class. Solo at milegates does not count. There`s no such thing as "solo" when near one because no matter how hard to try and avoid other infils there`s always a shit load of em there waiting to leech/add etc etc

There are times i wish i had played my SB more when LA was godly instead of leveling 5 other chars to 50 because to be honest it plain sucks now.

http://www.thevortex.demon.co.uk/someonelovesme.jpg

such stlong damage caps there.. made me /cry irl.

Pre-Nurf Snowsqual capped at 522 btw.. and omfg when i look back now i bloody loved it.

About 50 points higher than my damage cap. Nerf SBs! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom