Student Top-Up Fees

C

Ceap

Anyone go to the rally in london today? was v small, but we shouted a bit at tourists :p

More to the point... views on Top-Up Fees. Pro, Anti, Neutral? (only top-up fees, free or private uni education is a seperate matter)

S

swords

Im more than a little pissed off. struggling as it is.

R

--Random--

i dont even know what these top up fee's are, but im sure they're a good idea.. anything to desuade another generation of youngsters going to uni purely for the 4 year doss has to be a good thing imo.

L

loxleyhood

Anti. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by --Random--
i dont even know what these top up fee's are, but im sure they're a good idea.. anything to desuade another generation of youngsters going to uni purely for the 4 year doss has to be a good thing imo.

Clearly you don't hail from a University yourself? I'm surprised, I thought you would have been an Oxbridge man.

S

saltymcpepper

hahahhaahhahaha.
hahahahahahahahahhahahahaha.

oh dear.

leeching bastards.

C

chi_

And deterring people with intelligence from applying also.

You are an absolute idiot.

Kill yourself.

C

chi_

Originally posted by jakobi
What is Top-Up Fees ?

Ministers are looking closely at the idea of charging students fees of three or four times what they currently pay to go to university, with some institutions aiming to charge as much as £15,000.

The government is seeking ways of getting students to pay more towards their education because of a big shortfall in university funds.

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by chi_
And deterring people with intelligence from applying also.

You are an absolute idiot.

Kill yourself.

yes can sum 1 kill random plz he is becoming more then an unpleasent itch

S

swords

pff this is the new Millenium fs...its kewl...and dont you forget it!

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Sooo anti even though I graduated a long time ago. Hard working and intelligent plebs shouldn't be punished for their financial short comings. :mad:

R

--Random--

hard working my arse. the way i see it, university should be reserved for the 'better' of us. it shouldnt be an attractive place to head out to for 3-4 years to do fuck all, like the majority of students these days think. media studies and all that bollocks shouldnt even be learnable, its all a useless waste of time.

university shouldnt be the 'cool' thing to do, which unfortunatly it very much is at the moment. which is why we've got so many lazy bastards going to uni purely for the social aspects, and dropping out wasting tax payers money.

im not sure if raising the price is the way to do it, because rich people tend to be lazier than poor people, so it wont deter people going purely for a nice doss. i personally think the entry requirments should be up'd hugely, should need at least 3 a-levels all at A grade, and even then you should have to pass an entry exam to get in.

all these lazy shits in uni at the moment could be out there doing a valuable job toward society, rather than watching countdown and smoking weed. makes me sick.

B

BlitheringIdiot

You're basing this judgement on a few american films right?

R

--Random--

no im basing it on everyone i know thats currently at university. they openly admit they're there for a doss.

one or two students are there for the right reasons, to acheive good grades and actually persue a career in they're chosen field. but the vast, VAST majority havnt even a clue what they're learning, let alone want to persue it as a career.

R

--Random--

i just cant wait for the lovely shock these lazy shits get when they enter the real world and have to work 9-5 5 days a week. ahhh the looks on they're lil faces..

:clap:

B

BlitheringIdiot

9-5 5 days a week is real work is it? Id say thats known as an easy life.

R

--Random--

then your not a student. a typical student week is 3-3:35, watch countdown then sleep.

i dont work 9-5. i do an hour and a half travelling either side aswell. which is actually worse than work itself in its own respect.. im out of the house and doing stuff i dont particularly want to be doing for about 11-12 hours a day.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

This argument sounds soooo familiar. I think we have done this dance before but I forget who it was with.

Mebbe it was Yeahyeah or Karam...

...either way, we proved him wrong and he left with his tail between his legs. Don't force us to do the same humiliating thing to you, Random.

B

BlitheringIdiot

I am a student actually :p Studying Civil Engineering. I can see what you mean, i know people studying 'grass maintenance' (thats cutting the grass to you and me) who spend 2 hours a week working and actually moan about the stresses of student life etc.

Still thats no reason to prevent plenty of people from going to uni because they cant afford it.

S

saltymcpepper

did yeahyeah get banned or just fuck off?
hi karam btw

R

Ravenbourne

Various pointless rants

You dont need to go to Uni to have a Doss, a few of my RL friends got a house together and now all they do is sit around watching countdown and smoke weed.

O

old.TeaSpoon

Against, although they won't effect me.

And its nice to see Random, like far too many people, bases the entire student population on "all the people he knows at uni".

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Random has been shown time and time again to have a very limited outlook on the world. :/ Its a shame we don't have any 'big picture' people in power...like me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread