Strafe Abuse

Kinag

Part of the furniture
So, this is the thread where everyone comes when their mommy doesn't love them anymore?

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Shar_Reloaded_Ranger said:
just walk backwards ?? qq more xD

Don't go close to towers, bridges, keeps, dont't go anywhere where someone can add on you, etc.

If everyone can learn to count strafe, then everyone can learn to counter adding and zerging. Look, it's a borg game!

Ps.: And as someone said in this thread if you are garrotted then you can hardly move backwards fast enough.

UriZeN

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
Or by ppl who are not wanna use it.

Ppl play this game for fun. Fighting against a breakdancer isn't fun for me, so I'll make it funnier with adding ang grouping up with other stealthers, and if they come to whine here I'll just say: skill man!

first of all ppl who know how to use it they dont moan about it they just use it when needed and obviously u dont belong to that category! As for the grping with others part im sure none will come whining on a rr4 scout for zerging! its preety natural as natural as using ur movement keys in combat!

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i see sst resting so i move away, and then he instantly jumps me so i was too late with remedy. rr11 infil with all str relics against a slash ns without remedy, damn right ill strafe :p

its easy to counter if you know how, and it adds a whole new dimension to fights that often are predefined by many things. i think its a waste not to use the moment system as a nice way to get more styles in and to prevent styles from the opponent, its challenging and the one who moves best gets most styles in.

but well, often people rather stand still and spam styles, so im kinda undecided what to do.. if the fight isnt fun for the opponent, its not rly fun for me either :(

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
just chance so that u have a 95% missrate when strafing in combat. Fixed imo

UriZeN

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
You don't come to FH much do you? :)

ur right flim ill rephrase:
none sane will come whine on a rr4 scout for zerging!!

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Oh well, surprised how many people think melee 1v1s should be 'best template wins'. But anyone's welcome to strafe against me for what its worth, I only wish I had a style worth strafing for, I've had some very long fights against sheild tanks where neither of us strafes - talking one minute plus - and they're extremely boring by the end. I still /bow when I win, or get the same back when I lose, but I never feel either of us has really earned the victory as much as I do when we're both constantly moving about. It takes skill to strafe well and it also takes skill to counter, makes the game more enjoyable imo.

As for people saying they can't they counter, its BS imo. At uni I play on a laggier connection than most people in the game, around 500-800ms latency, so I should be at a bigger disadvantage vs strafers, yet I've never had a problem with 'out of view' for months. Sure I get sidestunned every so often, but even that I can completely avoid against many of the less skilled strafers. 'Out of view' requires them to be in the rear 180 degree arc, which means you are countering pretty damn badly.

Silverbirch

Fledgling Freddie
Simba said:
The thing which happened i saw you comming, I've made a perfect PA, used even empty mind because i saw that my opponent is high rr, then you started strafing and moving, and i couldn't hit in about 60% of my styles because i get the Your target is not in view message, and i was facing. And of course since i my hits were styleless because of this i got chain evaded and i got the good hamstring combo back, and i died.

If i die even after a good PA, with or without remedy thats not a problem for me, but if i die because i can't hit my opponent i think and i'm complaining about it, i think I'm 100% right.

Or maybe is should spec to DW and strafe out my enemies, and just say, sorry i wanted to use side combo because i'm dw spec now?

I think you should think about it.

dont forget that someone straffing also gets 'you were straffing in combat and miss your opponent' so it evens up really, just /stick on em

and yeh straffing is legal or else every1 would be banned by now, and 'run thorugh' while we're on the subjedt of 'abuse'. Learn to /face or /stick imo

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
klasa said:
I actually think it requires more skill to land a side style on a non stunned character than landing a side style on a stunned charachter. But the way you argue it seems like you are really skillfull if you land a side style on a mezzed character......

That's just my opinion, and I've tried tha walking backward trick :) it works so mayby you could practice that.

Where is the skill involved again? Pressing one button to automaticaly spin you around your target and hope he will get an out of view message in order for you to land a side style. Is that the definitionn of "skill" for you?

* But the way you argue it seems like you realy belive that strafe is something tha only you and few other people can do, so you have to call your sellfs skilled and play smart on all those thats chose not to stafe.

That's just MY opinion, and I've tried tha walking backward trick :) it doesnt work everytime so mayby you could test that a litle more, before you start sending people to school for training.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
If there was a collision detection, some tarts could block the entrance to your capital forever just by standing in the gate. And you could bash a keep door with no more than 4 people at a time. And you could make a caster completely invulnerable to melee attacks by sticking 4 tanks around him. And you would experience red squares every time you´re even remotely close to more than 5 other people.

There´s a reason why there´s no collision detection. And it´s not lazy programming. :)
wrong, you can set it so friendly targets remain "run throughable" the same way you cant use ML10 items on someone in the same realm in a duel.
If enemy realms couldnt run though it would add realism to keep takes, in the roman times they would stack shields to stop a invading army breaking through.
If there was collision detection you couldnt cast through a tank as the target wont be in view.
its doable and relatively easy, so once again, lack of forethought and lazy programming

klasa

Loyal Freddie
Vermillon said:
Where is the skill involved again? Pressing one button to automaticaly spin you around your target and hope he will get an out of view message in order for you to land a side style. Is that the definitionn of "skill" for you?

* But the way you argue it seems like you realy belive that strafe is something tha only you and few other people can do, so you have to call your sellfs skilled and play smart on all those thats chose not to stafe.

That's just MY opinion, and I've tried tha walking backward trick :) it doesnt work everytime so mayby you could test that a litle more, before you start sending people to school for training.

TBO I don't strafe that much. Was taught the walking backwards trick and it seems to counter the worst breakdancers out there. Since I'm pierce spec I really try to get the diamondback reactional to land BUT I really do believe that you have to be able to get the side positional to land. In order for it to land you have to get to the side of the target. I see nothing wrong with that you obviously do. And fore people who are Hib blade spec dual wielders I don't think they have any other stun style than the CD side style.

If you are not allowed to strafe (hey they got key's for it) then the /face and /stick command is pretty lame as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom