Strafe Abuse

DeadOnArrival

Loyal Freddie
To the Many Stealther out there whom i have fought over the years....I have just been accused of using a Strafe bug off a guy who i have a lot of respect for. And for him to contact me about it must mean its a serious thing as he has been around a long time just like myself.

I have respecced to blades and i am trying to land a side positional side that stuns as i lost DB. <ice storm>

As most 1 v 1 i face people and them me, i strafe to the side and try to run through my oponent to try and land it. I havent had much use landing the style as its something that is relitively new to me. I did notice however that both of us were missing our styles when i tried to do this.

Is this classed as me Bug abusing? And if it is can anyone suggest a good way of landing a side style when your opponent is /facing you that wont interpret an abuse of the game?

When i was pierce it was easy..u either land Diamondback or your opponent does. Thanks in advance.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Working as intended, game mechanics, etc. Considered lame play by your opponents though :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
no its not bug abusing, can be very annoying for the person fighting you if they dotn know how to combat it, but part of the game.

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
You have to strafe to land ice-storm... strafe is an action in the game just like walk forward... ive been whined at myself for using it. The truth of the matter is simple. Its a legitimate action thats necessary to land certain styles in the game. It can be avoided. People just need to learn how :touch:

And your opponent probably has the upper hand given how hard it is to actually time the side chain off strafing.

Simba

Fledgling Freddie
The thing which happened i saw you comming, I've made a perfect PA, used even empty mind because i saw that my opponent is high rr, then you started strafing and moving, and i couldn't hit in about 60% of my styles because i get the Your target is not in view message, and i was facing. And of course since i my hits were styleless because of this i got chain evaded and i got the good hamstring combo back, and i died.

If i die even after a good PA, with or without remedy thats not a problem for me, but if i die because i can't hit my opponent i think and i'm complaining about it, i think I'm 100% right.

Or maybe is should spec to DW and strafe out my enemies, and just say, sorry i wanted to use side combo because i'm dw spec now?

I think you should think about it.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
sux to meet strafers, until u figure out how to counter it.. not ur prob imo, but the dude facing u!

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
It´s not against any rules to strafe but is considered by most true soloers to be extremely lame behaviour.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
all stealthers i have faced with my reaver always uses strife and run through...wich is a coward playstyle me thinks...i only use run through when i have slamd and is getting rdy for levi style behind

Simba

Fledgling Freddie
Then all the hib strafers should spec on high cd, to have a good excuse for strafing in 1v1, or maybe is should using my flank/shadow's rain combo after i ge PA-ed. (I don't even have side style on my main quickbars, i only have a pincer on the 5th or 6th not sure, wich i only use in zerg fights).

And Caestar if you want me to reply to your private message, clean up your fh inbox or contact me on msn/icq (details on my profile)

Simba

Fledgling Freddie
duact said:
maby u should stop crying and learn to counter strafe ?

I know how to strafe out anyone, and if i won't strafe out anyone even if it's permitted. I max run threw on some casters and fz-ers, but thats runthrew only and not strafing. if you face on someone who is running threw on you you can hit it still with styles.

if u loose to some1 100% due to him strafing then u are just a shite player, its not very hard to walk backwards and or /face... stop whining about stuff that is so easy to counter... not like a strafer 1 hits u like warlocks...

Regen-

Fledgling Freddie
Imo strafe adds a little skill to the game, 1 v 1's without strafe = Based on luck (Who evades more etc) Anyone can do that, not everyone can strafe. Strafing is easy to preform, and easy to counter. Strafing straight away gives you a disadvantage as well as an advantage (You swing and miss due to strafing etc)

Instead of crying, learn to play :touch:

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Regen- said:
Imo strafe adds a little skill to the game, 1 v 1's without strafe = Based on luck (Who evades more etc) Anyone can do that, not everyone can strafe. Strafing is easy to preform, and easy to counter. Strafing straight away gives you a disadvantage as well as an advantage (You swing and miss due to strafing etc)

Mjk the second.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Thing that gives me a giggle about it is people that defend strafing because "I'm trying to land my stun" I got purge 3 recently and decided id let ns/rangers get the stun early to see if after i purged they stopped guess what..... they dont.

next excuse please this ones so old :<

Walking backwards helps but not everyone can do the multitude of things you need to do in a fight as well as trying to counter strafeing and even then its pretty easy to land the stun anyway due to lag and stupidly large side arc.

illu

Part of the furniture
Simba said:
The thing which happened i saw you comming, I've made a perfect PA, used even empty mind because i saw that my opponent is high rr, then you started strafing and moving, and i couldn't hit in about 60% of my styles because i get the Your target is not in view message, and i was facing. And of course since i my hits were styleless because of this i got chain evaded and i got the good hamstring combo back, and i died.

If i die even after a good PA, with or without remedy thats not a problem for me, but if i die because i can't hit my opponent i think and i'm complaining about it, i think I'm 100% right.

Or maybe is should spec to DW and strafe out my enemies, and just say, sorry i wanted to use side combo because i'm dw spec now?

I think you should think about it.

Hmmmm. I think there's really not much you can do about this, as they have to strafe to get their side stun off. I can't believe that this is the first time you have encountered it, and it deffo won't be the last.
Just walk backwards. Keep hitting and walk backwards.
And is this the same Wings that was in a group of 2-4+ high Alb stealthers at Bled dropoff for a while this evening? ^^

Oli - Illu

Forf

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
Hmmmm. I think there's really not much you can do about this, as they have to strafe to get their side stun off. I can't believe that this is the first time you have encountered it, and it deffo won't be the last.
Just walk backwards. Keep hitting and walk backwards.
And is this the same Wings that was in a group of 2-4+ high Alb stealthers at Bled dropoff for a while this evening? ^^

Oli - Illu

u found them too :< i poured coffe in my lab trying to swim away.
Strafing is semi good semi lame, depends on liking imo.
I like it if i fight a rr8+ sorc as it usually gives him the target not in view, if its a melee fight im abit more OF orientet :)

But as illu says deffo wont be last time :)

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
Simba said:
I know how to strafe out anyone, and if i won't strafe out anyone even if it's permitted. I max run threw on some casters and fz-ers, but thats runthrew only and not strafing. if you face on someone who is running threw on you you can hit it still with styles.

Ok so what exactly are u doing when u run through? U use the lagg. What do u do when u strafe? U use the lagg. What the fuck is the difference? Imo running through a caster is 10 times as lame as strafing vs at meleer as the caster can do fuck all to counter it. Its not like he can walk backwards while casting is it. And no, face doesnt work if u time it right.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I was doing task dungeons last night, and omfg the mobs got so pwned by my strafning and run through! :drink:

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
side styles are simply not for 1v1. as you gain a great advantage with trying to strafe(your opponent will get not in view messages 3 out of 4-5 times), its very retarded to use it.

i just use my slam to stun the enemy, and AFTER that, I can get in 1-4(depends on purge) side styles.. regular strafers should be banned imo.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
I just simply :puke: of strafing ppl. Some times I'm thinking about returning my scout just to stick arrows from 20 meters to these sh!t players and after killing them go to dead body and say "Strafe this!".

And afaik there were warning to strafing players that they will be banned if they continue abusing it.

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Regen- said:

Although i have been against stealthers who do this all the time, i think ''Regen'' is totally right here!
They wouldnt have implemented a straf buttun if they didnt want you to use it, and when you do straf, you have the same chance of not seeing your target also as your enemy does.
You get a message like: <you are straffing and cant see your target>
Anyway, this is easy to counter, just walk back and let them come to you and then you do ya thing!
Regards....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom