Str relic went bye bye....

O

old.Ramas

I don't think I've seen a thread disintegrate quite as badly as this one for a while.

cet/gmt who gives a rat's ass?

People will probably still refer to gmt during the summer when literally no country operates gmt (as far as I am aware).

/shrug

I say to prevent a diplomatic incident in future we refer to all times in international time co-ordinates. Zulu time, that's the thing!

:rolleyes:

:m00:

Anyway, I thought the servers worked on 'DAoC time' - the days only last about an hour after all, maybe we should all waste our lives debating when primetime is according to in game time?

As has been said...

Mids are storing the relics for us.

We will need to go and collect them.

That is all.

Whether some period the mids may have attacked in is primetime or not changes nothing. It is not within our power to change. And energy spent fretting about it achieves nothing.

T

tazzke

ow we lost our relics???

oops...soz didn't see after all the CET-GMT stuff :p

Don't think time the +1 or -1 hour difference makes a raid primetime or not...so drop it :p (and yes it says ENG before excalibur server...so people use English as main language on the server to communicate in most chats...nothing to do with timezones etc).

Now...the relic...

Me pokes Herbal, Zoyster, Khalen, Wildfire, Aussie, etc.... set a date and time...and we'll get some relics back :p

Alliances in Albion are a problem...cause we have waaay to many..

but most "old" guilds that were in AU before won't join a massive alliance again...when there are no strict rules for use of the /as etc.

Maybe an idea to make an "rvr alliance" (don't shoot me if i didn't put your guild as a rvr one) with guilds like BF, HB, Strife, FC, GoL,..

This will remain a rather "small' alliance...but filled with people that have been around a long time, know how to play rvr, know how to organise raids, are very active, know how the others play rvr etc...

This would be the "best" solution in my opninion...so maybe the GM's of these guilds (and others i forgot) should ask what there members think of such an idea, and maybe set up a new alliance.

Of course there will be people who feel they have been "left aside", but new guilds can and should be invited if this alliance is working like it should.

again..don't shoot me...it's just my idea on how i see Albion getting organised once again

O

old.Ramas

I think any guild that is in an alliance that works for them, has a level of spam they are happy with, and gets on with the other guilds they work with, should stay exactly as it is.

We don't need alliances to spread word of incoming raids.

/who <guild> works just fine. For something as important as a confirmed relic raid nobody will mind a polite...

/send <arbitarily_selected_level50> Hi, we have sight of a relic raid inc to excal at </loc>, if your guild and alliance are unaware could you let them know. Thanks.

It worked for several months of holding the STR relics, and in general it will continue to work in future.

Equally we don't need alliances to plan our own relic raids; as they are far too insecure. Relic raids have always been, and always will have to be, planned using pms, cgs, and private message boards.

I can assure you that the top ten or fifteen guilds are quite capable of getting hold of one another when need be under current arrangements.

The problem is not and was not communication.

The problem was too many people not being logged on or being at the arse end of SI.

P

poppamies

kirennia, sorry about that post of mine, had been reading other threads where some ignorante bastards where downgradeing others for tehir spelling, and stating this is an english server, withc means it must be a UK server, and everybody on it are either from the UK or retards. (well it was more or less like that)
So i was already a bit anoyed when i read ur post, just pressed reply and whent on with it, sorry if i in someway offended u, but as stated earlier , i was a bit hmm.. annoyed.
So the tread wasnt really meant for u, just needed to unload it on someone.
Sorry it had to be u =(
But back to the RR, feel free to raid us at 9-10 (in ur own timezone) i wont be complayning, i mostly online myself between 1.00-7.00 cet or 24.00-06.00 gmt, so would be fun to defend the relick at night =)
Been in 1 night time RR, and that was 6 months or so ago, when we had 50 ppl in emain, doing nothing, when we all of a sudden got the ide of a rr, so we raided hib, got the relic, nd lost it the next day =)
And for those saying they where playing SI chars, well u still got ur mains u know, u CAN log em on and defend the relic, i really cant believe that ALL of them 350 or so albs had taken tehir mains to the deepest holes of SI, and if tehy did, its not hard to finds mobs there high enough to kill u.
And every lvl 50 does have the 18g to get back their con, and if not u do (or atleast u do hope) have made friends in teh timeu did take to get to lvl 50 who can borrow/give u the 18g.
And from the portl to SI u can port to ur portalkeep.
So its really not an excuse of the piss poor realm defence u guys showed.
And hope to see u all at our relic keep soon =)
(since its no use to rvr in emain on weekends, or between 4pm-01,00am, its just ZERGING at those times, and we all hete zergs, well exept a 20% of the albs, or the ones camping MGs, since its the best way to bring out a zerg =3fg camp a mg, and the other realm NEEDS 5-6fg to get past em =a zerg)

And sorry bout my spelling im a finn, so im not that goot at it =)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by stupidshady
to rathian, what the hell is it with albs zerging all the time, ever saw NP or LLaw or VGN NOT zerg ? well I dindt....ever, so if albs has 4flg moving around as one ( witch normally doesnt happen because we always seem to split up, dunno why ), but when hib/mid has 4flg they use skillz and tactic, but no zerging.......what are ya ignorant or just plain stupid ?
Anywase, I find it empressive of the mids to have done it ( altough when I got up they where alrdy gone :-( ) and a bit sad to the albs for not rly defending it ( or so I have heard/read ), but I bet ya this, those relics wont stay long in mid

Have anyone here, ANYONE seen NP/llaw/vgn run with 4fgs of guildies?

If they are running with more ppl, its not their choice, its the noobs that tag along to get in the limelight of uberness.

Lately its been 0.5fgNP with 0.5other ppl, same with LA, and 1-2fgs vgn.

and however you look at it 4fg+ =zerg, regardless of realm. Thing is that albs DO zerg, every SINGLE FUCKIN DAY in emain, from after-school and till bedtime. Thats why we say albs zerg, yeah sure hibs have zerged, and mids have zerged, but albs OWN any which way, they are the uberzerg.

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Arnor2
yeah sure hibs have zerged, and mids have zerged, but albs OWN any which way, they are the uberzerg.

3fgs moving away from atk, seperately, on PURPOSE, as to NOT zerg.

We all pass through amg, stop to rebuff, get steamrolled by 4fg+ NP and other assorted mids. And don't give BS that NP moves in .5fgs.. I saw at LEAST 20 NP guild cloaks.

If ALBS are such horrible zergers, and we OWN so much ZERGING, perhaps you can explain to me why mids are a constant 3fg+ 'tactical formation' now, and hibs as well.

And yes, we OWN in emain! We OWN the dirt. Seeing as most of it is stuck between our teeth.

Basically, your post is pure BS, you zerg just as badly as albs, and so do hibs.

You have exceptions that don't like to zerg, so do albs.

But saying you're the golden innocent angel of it all and point your finger at us and say it's our fault is about as phony as the phrase "Hibs don't zerg, they use tactics!".

T

Trubble

Originally posted by kirennia
yep, mids keep saying 10am CET is primetime.......they seem to forget this is a GMT server but sod it, okay, I'll forget about the fact its a GMT server too. Welcome to 4am <australian primetime> raids. Same difference.

9am primetime? That is a joke right? Besides, I hear that all via 2 alb keeps were taken back but then mids started up another assault or summit at 7am and took the keeps :/

Also you seem to say that albs cant admit that they did poorly in defence? Okay, the defence was poor...admitted. The few albs that were there went off in single groups or 2fg's to get there and when they got there, went to the wrong door :/ I also put it to you that mids cant admit that a 9am raid is not primetime.....but as i say, 4am raids coming to you anytime soon as australian primetime. No matter how ridiculous it sounds using australian time to justify a raid, it's the same kinda verbal battle you are waging.

p.s. I aint doin 4am raids myself and wont take part but can well and truly see this coming as to the way mids try to justify it as being 'primetime'. I also agree 100% that this is a 24/7 game and that relics can be taken at any time and have nothing against 3am raids if necassary, it's just when people do something and then falsely try to justify themselves.

Kir, the server is [En]. It doesnt mean its a server for England and that you must play in GMT to be in primetime. It means that you have to understand English to interact with the game, as the interface will be in English and all the NPC communication will be in English. Have you tried logging on to the Fr and De servers?

Further more, primetime is when most people are online, and if more people are online CET than GMT then CET will be primetime zone. But who cares if one means CET og GMT, its only an hour. :)

S

-Shaz-

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

What is this pbaoe you talk about?

You mean we have ice wizards? :)

Indeed, 298 int, 290+ dex and moc in less than 100k rp :d

S

-Shaz-

Originally posted by Arnor2

Have anyone here, ANYONE seen NP/llaw/vgn run with 4fgs of guildies?

If they are running with more ppl, its not their choice, its the noobs that tag along to get in the limelight of uberness.

Lately its been 0.5fgNP with 0.5other ppl, same with LA, and 1-2fgs vgn.

and however you look at it 4fg+ =zerg, regardless of realm. Thing is that albs DO zerg, every SINGLE FUCKIN DAY in emain, from after-school and till bedtime. Thats why we say albs zerg, yeah sure hibs have zerged, and mids have zerged, but albs OWN any which way, they are the uberzerg.

Mids zerg at about 1pm to 6pm every weekday without fail :p

S

-Shaz-

As for the topic of this post...

I was at work at 9am on a Saturday so that isn't my primetime ... but i don't care :D

I'd like to see 4am raids, move the relics round a bit. Fuck people who are asleep :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom