Str relic went bye bye....

A

AbPoon

You dont need to be rr7+ btw to sort an Alliance, you just need to know a few people, have a half decent rep and know what you wanna do and be willing to do the work.

Took about 5 days of stress and meetings for me to form the biggest alliance on the server but if i can do it anyone can.

L

loxleyhood

Personaly I think each alliance should pick it's most prominent member, and all those picked should add each other to their friend list, using friend chat channel as an effective cross alliance chat network.

But im not King for some odd reason so noone will listen to me. :(

R

Rollie_David

albions problem is the "bigger" guilds think they are better than the smaller ones, i was in a guild in the old Albion United alliance and i saw over a period of time how some guilds acted wont mention names cause im sure all the albs with /as chatthen know who i mean ;) , albions problem is they cant get on, this was said last time albs lost relics when i was an alb back then.

As long as all your bigger guilds refuse to listen as they cleary do you will struggle. Its always been one of albions main problems and it costs albions alot, you had the numbers online, we had 100 there maybe a few more, i think 160 is excessive, but the resistance that was shown was nothing, we was able to stand on the back of excal and basically just kill the albs as they came, i saw maybe 5fg maximum, from the 2000 that were online when they were taken a very good proportion of them were albs due to albion having a much higher population yet you had no defence.

You are your own worst enemy, plain and simple.

You have some dam good ppl in albion but due to them not being rr7 alot of the r33+ ppl wont listen to them.

T

Trinilim

as someone said, relics are really overrated.

Damage cap for me on most lvl 50's is around 300.

do the math..

300/100 * 20 = 60.

60 more damage.

woohoo, talk about uber :p

Now relics are nice to have, grant you that, but no need to sob and cry about it tbh..

B

badazz

Originally posted by viedd_waylander
There is only a few guilds that take a active role in our frontier thats ASq and DF if a keep gets taken we/they will say who wants to do a retake we get a grp and go at them some times theres middies camping CS but they should be dead B4 the retake party leaves, :(

Erm excuse me, But SS is usualy one of the first out there, that is what we pride oursleves on.

B

badazz

When the mids were at excal I took my main up there along with a few other SS and tbh, i saw quite a few HB GOL and FC up there helping so why are u flaming them?? They were there, they were helping. Why not flame the other 50 lvl 45+ that were in emain, odins, barrows, lyon??????

F

Flimgoblin

hey that 20% melee bonus makes me almost out-damage a ghost hound!

M

medowind

Flame, flame, flamer, flame, fanning the flames with my giant fan. look at how cool I am, I own you, you suck, I mean just look at how GIANT my GAINT flame fanning fan is, if I use this fan to fan the flames maybe I can somehow make someone responsible so I don’t get any blame,

Etc

TMM would help, but there isn’t many of us, and none asks, and out current alliance is poo, (imo don’t take offence :p)

Communication might be nice, but then so might a tactical nuke or a permanent catapult network around rvr, oooo or even some giant doors that went broken cos “they were in the way” :p

R

Rawkir

Originally posted by AbPoon
You dont need to be rr7+ btw to sort an Alliance, you just need to know a few people, have a half decent rep and know what you wanna do and be willing to do the work.

Took about 5 days of stress and meetings for me to form the biggest alliance on the server but if i can do it anyone can.

The problem with this, is that we already had a massive alliance once. Albion United was a complete failure, nobody could be arsed setting decent rules. There were three types of people in the alliance. The spammers. The ones who spam by yelling '/as STOP SPAMMING' and the very very few people who actually kept their mouths shut and used it for important information. I believe Albion United lasted a good few weeks before people started leaving.

Now i dont know about all these other guilds. But i can speak for a lot of the ex-alb united people that they'd be *very* wary in joining another type of that alliance.

What would be better would be to have a definitive list of the albion alliances and a few dependable people from each alliance (enough to pretty much always have one of them online) that can be contacted when the alliances are needed.

Maybe if we had this sort of coopertation, and as the guilds worked more and more together gradually it might be the first tentative steps towards another realm-wide alliance, but i dont think you'll have very many volunteers just stepping forward and yelling for people to join...

P

poppamies

those that are saying they cant defend a RELIC keep against 150 ppl with 300 ppl online, or that we would have taken the relics even tho u had retaken all keeps, thats just bs.
A border keep at lvl 10 with 1-2fg defending is more or less impossible to take, only way to take a lvl 10 keep with 2 fg guarding it , is with 150 ppl.
A relic keep can be defended against 150 ppl with 1fg pbaors, mids killed 80 ppl at relic with 4 pbaoers/gtaoers, (1 of em lvl 50), so clearly u that whine here that a keep espeasally a relic keep cant be held against 150-200 ppl, have done nothing else then zerging emain, and have newer tryed to take a lvl 10 keep , when it has ben defended.
Not to mentione a relic keep with lvl 8 doors, alot motre guards, (even with all keeps lost) , next time u try with the bs that we cant defend and bla ... try a take a lvl 10 keep with 5fg, when 1 fg defending it, nad ull see how easy it is.

O

optical-

Albs basically are using the time as an excuse for a shitty defense.
Shame they cant admit there was nothin at all wrong wit the raid time and put losing the relic down to themselves.

A

appollo creed

Originally posted by optical-
Albs basically are using the time as an excuse for a shitty defense.
Shame they cant admit there was nothin at all wrong wit the raid time and put losing the relic down to themselves.

Optical is right :(

And good idea Chipper :clap:

T

ToKE

CT's oppinion

Well, seeing as it was well timed with the release of SI, most people were either still trying to register - or the lucky ones who had it registered when the servers were down were off exploring Avalon.

who needs DF when you got Avalon city?

K

kirennia

yep, mids keep saying 10am CET is primetime.......they seem to forget this is a GMT server but sod it, okay, I'll forget about the fact its a GMT server too. Welcome to 4am <australian primetime> raids. Same difference.

9am primetime? That is a joke right? Besides, I hear that all via 2 alb keeps were taken back but then mids started up another assault or summit at 7am and took the keeps :/

Also you seem to say that albs cant admit that they did poorly in defence? Okay, the defence was poor...admitted. The few albs that were there went off in single groups or 2fg's to get there and when they got there, went to the wrong door :/ I also put it to you that mids cant admit that a 9am raid is not primetime.....but as i say, 4am raids coming to you anytime soon as australian primetime. No matter how ridiculous it sounds using australian time to justify a raid, it's the same kinda verbal battle you are waging.

p.s. I aint doin 4am raids myself and wont take part but can well and truly see this coming as to the way mids try to justify it as being 'primetime'. I also agree 100% that this is a 24/7 game and that relics can be taken at any time and have nothing against 3am raids if necassary, it's just when people do something and then falsely try to justify themselves.

A

ardamels

NP attacking Renaris at 07.00 didn't have anything to do with my plan for the relic raid, we started taking the 2 designated keeps according to the plan at 10.15 am CET, when second door went down at Berk I ordered the attack on Excalibur. The AB alliance(along with some NPs and RG) who were waiting in the forest near Excalibur then pulled the guards. After having taken Berkstead and Erasleigh the LFOM alliance went straight down to excalibur to aid them strictly according to the plan, the first relic went neutral maybe 20 mins after that...

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by poppamies

A relic keep can be defended against 150 ppl with 1fg pbaors, mids killed 80 ppl at relic with 4 pbaoers/gtaoers, (1 of em lvl 50), so clearly u that whine here that a keep espeasally a relic keep cant be held against 150-200 ppl, have done nothing else then zerging emain, and have newer tryed to take a lvl 10 keep , when it has ben defended.

What is this pbaoe you talk about?

You mean we have ice wizards? :)

G

gaenvan

I Couldnt belive it when i heard that mid had stole the relics (fair play to you guys you seemed to be organised and deserved to get them). But i mean albs what are you guys doing i know a lot of people are playing SI but it wouldnt hurt to try a little defence.

I myself couldnt help as i'm away at uni with no internet but i'm damn sure i would have been out there helping its a matter of realm pride :)

As for all the winging can we stop and go get the relics back i'm sure there are a number of people who would love to get the relics back so lets do it.

Gaen

C

Chenuba

asleep

I was asleep. Staying up late trying to help the few albs making keepretakes but logged as it obvious wasn't in the interest from majority of people online at that time to retake keeps.

As mentioned in another post, this was albs showing stupidity beyond recognition. Will we ever learn to keep our priorities right and do what's necessarry to defend/listen to raidleaders etc ???.

Some of the problems getting albs together is lack of a decent communications level, this is very obvious. Many guilds and many alliances makes it hard to get orders/info etc. out fast.

Look at mids/hibs how fast they get organized for retakes, defence and strikeback forces.

I've just checked to se how many alliances each realm has and how many members the largest ones in each realm has.

All info here www.daoc-stats.de/index.php?server=Excalibur

Here goes: Albion 20 alliances, largest 517 members, Hibernia 6 alliances, largest 883 members, Midgard 14 alliances, largest 1019 members.
So maybe albs got the numbers in total, but as you can see both hibs and mids got their numbers much better organised together.

IMO some of the small guilds in Albion consisting of less than 12-14 members, should consider asking some of the medium sized guilds if they can join together, maybe get their own ranklevel in the new guild called their old guilds name.

I belíeve this would make guilds stronger, make albs more organized and ready to move out faster as having less alliances would make communication easier/better and make us look better in many situations where we lose to bad because of poor organisation/communication realmwide ATM.

As I said, just my opinion about what's wrong.

O

old.rauthian

what are you on about aussie albs screwed up big time that day as posted all was there to see you telling me 6 keeps down and you never thought it was a relic raid get real pl
As for defending well when you have seen 10 mids defend a keep v over 80 albs then 2 days latter90+ hibs and bye enought time for more mids to turn up you relise 1 thing the right chars in the right place at the right time can kill ppl 20 times there numbers
its that simple maybe the reason you lot lost the relic was you was so confident that albs rule because you zerg zerg zerg out numbering hib/mid in emain 2-1/3-1 you got cocky and decided na no one dare attack us ccaus thay no we zerg em well guse what you never zerged you lost 3 relic just because you think a zerg is the reply to every thing with out a zerg albs are worthless id love to see albs trying to play in emain in even numbers but it never happen
as for the relic raid i was not there as i was uptill 6 am gmt defending the keeps allready taken alone with a few other there was a total of about 30 mids defending 5 keeps we lost 2 but kept hold of 3 then np tryed to pop rens did well bu failed.
and yes i no the mids will lose the relic but i can garenty it will be a 2 am raid and it will cost you alot

O

old.Ramas

Personally I don't feel the large alliances and guilds have any problem communicating things like relic raids to each other.

And the fact that we held all 3 STR relics for months on end demonstrates that. The idea that alb is terrible at relic defence doesn't really tally up with relic overship over previous months.

As others have said, too many large guilds in one alliance leads to spam and conflicting wills on how the alliance should operate / what it is for.

The current setup doesn't seem to prevent getting the numbers for large raids and relic raids.

And the age old method of relic defence calls still works fine...

1) One person discovers incoming raid.
2) That person tells their guild and alliance.
3) That guild tells everyone in their group and /yells it once to the surrounding area.
4) Everyone who hears tells their guild.
5) The new guilds who now know seek confirmation, usually from some alt logged at excal and then start spamming /as and head to excal.

So the mids got a relic raid in by forming up out of hours.

/shrug

Good for them.

Guess we'll just have to go and get them back. Spies and server crashes permitting; it really isn't *that* hard you know ;) .

P

poppamies

to Kirennia, where does it actually say that a EUROPEAN server id on gmt ? most of the players on this server does not live in UK, where u use gmt, rest of us are on cet.
Its NOT an uk server its european.
Just because ur on gmt it means we all are ?
I play here coz i cant speak german nor french, if i did , id be one of them servers.
Its not like theres a server for swedes that are on cet, finns that are cet+1, nor for russians that have 12 ifferent time zonez.
So u ignorante boy, the world does not circel around u nor ur time zone.

N

nume

to Kirennia, where does it actually say that a EUROPEAN server id on gmt ? most of the players on this server does not live in UK, where u use gmt, rest of us are on cet.
I play here coz i cant speak german nor french, if i did , id be one of them servers.
Its not like theres a server for swedes that are on cet, finns that are cet+1, nor for russians that have 12 ifferent time zonez.

I know this is between you and Kirennia but your post is just irelevant. Kirennia was commenting on what is seen as "prime time" which is relevant. Theres little or no point to your post that I can see other than semantics about time zones. Your own pride strangely being put out by kirennias comment this is GMT server? Kirennia is not being ignorant nor suggesting world circles around him. wtf are you going on about really?

sorry to others than Poppamies reading this but the post annoyed me

P

poppamies

=)
We'll was just generally annoyed for the ignorante ppl who think this is a uk server, thats all.

S

stupidshady

to rathian, what the hell is it with albs zerging all the time, ever saw NP or LLaw or VGN NOT zerg ? well I dindt....ever, so if albs has 4flg moving around as one ( witch normally doesnt happen because we always seem to split up, dunno why ), but when hib/mid has 4flg they use skillz and tactic, but no zerging.......what are ya ignorant or just plain stupid ?
Anywase, I find it empressive of the mids to have done it ( altough when I got up they where alrdy gone :-( ) and a bit sad to the albs for not rly defending it ( or so I have heard/read ), but I bet ya this, those relics wont stay long in mid

D

dakeyras

The argument over relics is fairly irrelevent. The facts are plain.

Albion held the strength relics for months.

Albion attempted primetime raids to recover power relic.

The 'Alarm clock Boys' took relics in the wee hours.

Albion (and any other realm) can take relics at 6-9 am

Who (apart from Midgard) wants early raids?

We will get the relics back, and i now support a dawn raid, and no doubt midgard will set their alarm clocks once again to recover them. Utterly pointless. At least the hibbies show some bottle and try primetime. This server will degenerate into who is the least tired or which realm has the most people who don't work.

Yes, Albion should have taken the keeps back, and, yes alot of players were playing alts...but at the time the relics were taken most were in bed.

K

kirennia

european server yes, i think you got me wrong. I understand that not ONLY UK play on this server. However you say this isnt a GMT server. Ok now do this one thing for me. Load up DAoC ...type in yer password etc except when you go to play, scroll up to the 'no thank you' bit on auto login-in for a character. You now are faced with the servers. Next to excalibur it does happen to say ENG...meaning english. England runs in the GMT zone so is therefore a GMT specific server. Thankfully the creators realised that a server for all countries would result in 50 people on one server etc and would cost more to run, etc etc. Therefore there is a kinda inter-national part to this server. I think this is a good think interaction with people of different nationalitys, its kinda cool playing alongside people who live thousands of miles away from you. Half of my friends in this game arent English...do I care? no because they are good people...it does however state that this is an english spoken server so that is why GMT applies to my comments in trying to justify the times.

You are right, the server does not circle around me, gee aint that kinda obvious? My thread was merely stating that the midguardians of the server tried to make the raid more feasable by saying they attacked at 10 am CET instead of 9am GMT. Therefore when 4am GMT relic raids are bought in, surely we could justify it by saying we r raiding at primetime....for australians. Was a comical twist to the tale with an underlying message saying don't try and justify yourself by using different timezones as the argument else it will just start to justify ANY time as being primetime to some place or another.

I'm sure irl u aint a bad guy, I dunno, maybe you got the wrong end of the stick but my post nowhere states that people not english can sod off as you implied. As I say, I'm friends with people regardless of their nationally so that kind of post strikes me as offensive. I'm not self obsessed nor racist. Try read posts without immediately thinking people are trying to offend you by what they are saying and you will find we are all (well,mostly) trying to put our points of view across, not with the harshest of intentions. Maybe this applies to quite a few people who spark off flame wars, all I can say is c'mon guys, think before you speak.

Regards, ignorant kirennia

C

Chenuba

About the discussion regarding GMT/CET etc.
When it says it's an english, french or german server it's obviously the language spoken on these servers they're talking about and not timezones.

Primetime, who cares ?, I play when I play as other people do.

U

Urme the Legend

Agree with Chenuba..

I heard alot of people telling they were out getting drunk the night before (friday night) ... and because of that they were sleeping bla bla.. if we raided at 23:00CET friday night.. would we be hearing whine about that it is lame to relic raid on a friday night because you were out partying? ...
Yeah so what's the big deal if we did it on friday night or saturday morning.. atleast you were home saturday morning :p
In my opinion the game continues even if I'm out partying and have a hangover the following day.

And about this GMT/CET .. when albs are doing a "prime time" raid .. it starts 22:00GMT .. and ends around 01:00GMT (02:00CET) .. come one .. 01:00 gmt ain't primetime for you either? Why don't you start the raid at 20:00GMT and finish it around 23:00GMT? .. then it kinda ends at prime time to (00:00CET)

And most of Midgards players are in the timezone of CET, and it was nearly 1000 players on the server at the time the relic raid was done. 240 mids and over 300 albs.

Most of the players on this server lives in CET timezone. The server ain't for England.. it's for the people who can't speak German or French.

Yada yada.. you could have gathered a force to retake your keeps when you only had 2 left, instead of leveling your alts.

And I can't blame you if you take the relics back after 00:00GMT some day, because I know that is the only way you can get them back.

And yeah my english kinda suck maybe? .. because I live in the CET area :p

L

loxleyhood

During my research on Volley and Longshot during the past week when I've been unable to play DAoC I reckon that if you had 3+ scouts using volley on the Pbaoers it would render them rather ineffective, if not dead. However, as it stands I don't know of any scouts that have volley, and its quite expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom