Stop This !!!

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Kerith said:
Its not just killing someone its the manner of it, its called respect.
the game has evolved, such that this competitive 8 vs 8 community has developed and its one of the reasons that daoc is so popular; DAoC is the CS of the mmorpg world :eek:. its kinda the nature of the pvp system whether mythic intented it or not, the intended keep sieges etc are just the backdrop.

Although I understand the perspective of players wanting 8v8 fights (as that's what we prefer) players (who have less time to play, less ability/incentive/contacts to create the perfect guild of addicts/the perfect template) who like large scale fights have the right to 'add' on whatever they choose.

i.e. everything can think what they like about other people's play-styles, but nobody really has the 'right' to whine.

It's all built on hypocrisy anyway...just last night we were running as a guild group, avoiding whenever possible (yes, avoiding) Alb FG vs Enemy FG fights, avoiding adding on 1v1 fights with Albs involved...but still, the soloers who WHINE constantly when someone accidentally adds, will happily add themselves then deny any knowledge of it. Oh, and then beg for groups even after they've flamed you for being a "lamer" on forums/PMs etc.

It's only when you run in groups with the normal add-whiners that you get a real feel for this hypocrisy.

Our policy is simple - driver decides. When I'm driving, I try not to 'add' on any fight involving fair numbers of Albs and enemies. If it happens accidentally (ie last night, we attacked a group at the rear of Occassus, only to discover Arctic Circle were already attacking from the front) then shit happens.

I will join in, however, on any Hib vs Mid fight. I enjoy 3-way fights...especially when all 3 realms meet at the same time, and both groups are enemies and, as such, must be killed. If we're 'added' on, we'll finish the fight, move away and carry on happily.

Whine all you like, nobody will tell me how to run my life/play a game :)

elbeek

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
Although I understand the perspective of players wanting 8v8 fights (as that's what we prefer) players (who have less time to play, less ability/incentive/contacts to create the perfect guild of addicts/the perfect template) who like large scale fights have the right to 'add' on whatever they choose.

i.e. everything can think what they like about other people's play-styles, but nobody really has the 'right' to whine.

It's all built on hypocrisy anyway...just last night we were running as a guild group, avoiding whenever possible (yes, avoiding) Alb FG vs Enemy FG fights, avoiding adding on 1v1 fights with Albs involved...but still, the soloers who WHINE constantly when someone accidentally adds, will happily add themselves then deny any knowledge of it. Oh, and then beg for groups even after they've flamed you for being a "lamer" on forums/PMs etc.

It's only when you run in groups with the normal add-whiners that you get a real feel for this hypocrisy.

Our policy is simple - driver decides. When I'm driving, I try not to 'add' on any fight involving fair numbers of Albs and enemies. If it happens accidentally (ie last night, we attacked a group at the rear of Occassus, only to discover Arctic Circle were already attacking from the front) then shit happens.

I will join in, however, on any Hib vs Mid fight. I enjoy 3-way fights...especially when all 3 realms meet at the same time, and both groups are enemies and, as such, must be killed. If we're 'added' on, we'll finish the fight, move away and carry on happily.

Whine all you like, nobody will tell me how to run my life/play a game :)

I fucking love you :D

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
personally i have to say that the last week has proven great fun to me...

i did enjoy the blendrake situation more where both mid and alb were trying (willing) to take more / retake towers slightly more than the hadrians situation that seems much more static <cough> the mids could take more but don`t want to spoil alb port to beno it seems <cough>

opening ports abroad and closing down domestic enemy ports, running to the nearest tower/bridge/keep with tree/hammer/swords/flames, trying to archieve ambitious plans through cooperation and communication, ... , these are all thing that make this game fun to me really.

And a TMM guildgroup is bound to have between 2 and 16 + people in it...

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
AtilasPally said:
Well guys u finding nice and funny all this keep take ??? many are pissed cause we don't have proper RvR but a big BIG zerg ....... plz stop this keep taking it ruins the game more and more tbh . and i am really getting ungry and some guys saying : '' well i am happy by this way :D !! i am taking about 10k per day i am happy ''. Feck Off !!!
U don't prefer rvr in agramon or places that are not near keep/tower ?? All this is a shit.

I have a few comments on this, but most important is that you take your time to read what i found on the official homepage regarding RvR, it is stated below:

[10-03-2006] The Camelot Reporter

Basics of RvR
For a while now, we receive more and more complaints following arguments between players from a same Realm who don't share the same view of RvR.

The frontiers are the battlefield where the armies of the three Realms fight each other. A place where characters fight an endless battle. Of course, everyone goes there with their own motivations. But be it for the pleasure of the victory whatever the cost, for a balanced encounter won without loss, or simply to increase the number of their realm points, to lead guild companions to a fortress attack, to protect the relics against the avidity of the adversary of the time, to try and have a title by accumulating rogue duels, to block a bridge until death, to follow the 120 allies who are making themselves ready to become the masters of the Isle of Agramon, to fight for the glory of their King, for one's own glory or even to try and fight only with one group versus another group, there is no motivation better or more legitimate than another.

Everyone is free to propose to the others some rules of conduct. But offering does not mean imposing. There can be no rule, for instance, that stipulates that two groups that are fighting each other must be left alone. It is also out of the question to establish a zone restricted to solo characters or group versus group confrontations by blaming those who preferred to come with 40 allies and played their own way. As there is no reason to demand to the members of a group to come and back up the action of their Realm if they prefer to take care of something else.

Each one has his own view of fair-play, of the type of game he likes and of what he expects from his companions. But whatever happens, it is not acceptable to have players insulting or threatening others which includes when some players did not follow their own RvR code of conduct. As long as we remain within the frame of the GOA Rules of Conduct there is no good or bad way to play Dark Age of Camelot, and thus, no reason to try and impose one's way to the others.
And we must keep in mind that everyone is here to play, that every character met, friend or enemy, is only the representation of a player who, as oneself, logged in to have fun.

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
:clap: :clap: GOA :clap: :clap:

I could not agree more, as far as i have read the stuff that came from the game makers Mythic, and official stuff from Goa throughout the past 4+ years, i have been waiting for something excately like the above post. I was really happy to see that Goa really puts this up in kapitals or hammer it in stone, or what ever you like to call it.

We the Noobs, the casual players the Zergers or what ever you would like to call us of positive or negative names, are doing one thing only. We are following the official "Rules of Engagement" on the battlefield. Im happy for that, and i personally have no problem about you and others like you go to agromon and stay there forever. We dont need you in the frontiers, you dont need us in Agromon. The island was designed because a part of the server population were longing back to old Emain, with the fun they had there.

It would be nice however if they instead of clustering, got different language skins for ppl, so that we could have fewer servers but high populated with 2500+ players on them so we could see 300 albs, 300 hibs and 300 mids turning against eachother in some huge battles like you have them in games like Rome Total War, just with the big difference that you are one of the men inside the formations or squads.

If i would like to play 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 or 8 vs 8 i think i would find another game, or try to stay in the zone of Agromon where there is a fair chance that most players will play after YOUR "Rules of Engagement" and NOT the ones of Mythic or Goa.

Best Regards

Von War
Guildmaster Danish Huscarls.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Vonwar said:
:

If i would like to play 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 or 8 vs 8 i think i would find another game, or try to stay in the zone of Agromon where there is a fair chance that most players will play after YOUR "Rules of Engagement" and NOT the ones of Mythic or Goa.[/FONT]

Best Regards

Von War
Guildmaster Danish Huscarls.

they also say there is no "real or wrong" to play daoc or did i read something wrong?

Marc

FH is my second home
Kerith said:

fucking hell, i spat my coffee over my screen when I saw that. Respect?? What would you and your ilk know about respect? How much "respect" do you and your fellow bum chums show to the casual gamer, whos only crime is to play the game it was intended?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Kerith said:
the game has evolved, such that this competitive 8 vs 8 community has developed and its one of the reasons that daoc is so popular; DAoC is the CS of the mmorpg world :eek:. its kinda the nature of the pvp system whether mythic intented it or not, the intended keep sieges etc are just the backdrop.

oh goodness...thought evolve meant progress in some way, not going back to caveman stage:p
I dont buy that at all sorry. There may exist a share of people like you that compare daoc to cs...but i do hope there are not many more then you. Its a comparison several made in past as a negative thing (the cs comparison) and then ur camp always denied that comparison...but now ur suddenly making it.
Daoc is so much more then a simple extremly boring game like cs. And just being narrowminded and not empathic to the rest of this comunity will lead you to make that comparison. Ofc you might do whatever you like in daoc....you can start an own cult and play chess or poker in a tavern in tnn and claim the game is now chess. But just keep by urself then and let us others play daoc:p
over and out..

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
fucking hell, i spat my coffee over my screen when I saw that. Respect?? What would you and your ilk know about respect? How much "respect" do you and your fellow bum chums show to the casual gamer, whos only crime is to play the game it was intended?

the word respect is so missused in this game that people are starting to use it as a term in every sentence like roleplayer leet or retard. Dont think half of the people using it even knows what it means.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Vonwar said:
[10-03-2006] The Camelot Reporter

Basics of RvR
For a while now, we receive more and more complaints following arguments between players from a same Realm who don't share the same view of RvR.

The frontiers are the battlefield where the armies of the three Realms fight each other. A place where characters fight an endless battle. Of course, everyone goes there with their own motivations. But be it for the pleasure of the victory whatever the cost, for a balanced encounter won without loss, or simply to increase the number of their realm points, to lead guild companions to a fortress attack, to protect the relics against the avidity of the adversary of the time, to try and have a title by accumulating rogue duels, to block a bridge until death, to follow the 120 allies who are making themselves ready to become the masters of the Isle of Agramon, to fight for the glory of their King, for one's own glory or even to try and fight only with one group versus another group, there is no motivation better or more legitimate than another.

Everyone is free to propose to the others some rules of conduct. But offering does not mean imposing. There can be no rule, for instance, that stipulates that two groups that are fighting each other must be left alone. It is also out of the question to establish a zone restricted to solo characters or group versus group confrontations by blaming those who preferred to come with 40 allies and played their own way. As there is no reason to demand to the members of a group to come and back up the action of their Realm if they prefer to take care of something else.

Each one has his own view of fair-play, of the type of game he likes and of what he expects from his companions. But whatever happens, it is not acceptable to have players insulting or threatening others which includes when some players did not follow their own RvR code of conduct. As long as we remain within the frame of the GOA Rules of Conduct there is no good or bad way to play Dark Age of Camelot, and thus, no reason to try and impose one's way to the others.
And we must keep in mind that everyone is here to play, that every character met, friend or enemy, is only the representation of a player who, as oneself, logged in to have fun.

this should be a sticky.

...it is not acceptable to have players insulting or threatening others which includes when some players did not follow their OWN RvR code of conduct...
:worthy:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
There is a theory that says "I'm OK, you're OK". That theory will go on to analyse somone's psychosynthesis in correlation to his/her view of the world.

How is this on-topic?

Right on, let's believe that the first assumption is correct, hence I'm OK. That means that I have no problems with myself and the way things are going in my life. Since that happens, I'm at ease to accept others' view of the world, of how things are etc.

On the other hand, if I'm not OK, I will transpose that feeling to others blaming them for my own condition.

In conclusion, just play as you want to play, be at ease with yourself, relax, enjoy the incoming summer, have a nice beer, meet some people of the opposite sex, chill out man, life's too short to be sad.

pip

Banned
Gear said:
There is a theory that says "I'm OK, you're OK". That theory will go on to analyse somone's psychosynthesis in correlation to his/her view of the world.

How is this on-topic?

Right on, let's believe that the first assumption is correct, hence I'm OK. That means that I have no problems with myself and the way things are going in my life. Since that happens, I'm at ease to accept others' view of the world, of how things are etc.

On the other hand, if I'm not OK, I will transpose that feeling to others blaming them for my own condition.

In conclusion, just play as you want to play, be at ease with yourself, relax, enjoy the incoming summer, have a nice beer, meet some people of the opposite sex, chill out man, life's too short to be sad.
Well said pass me a beer dude :drink:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:

Exactly - good call Gear, rep.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:

life is too short to spend as much time in daoc as some of us do. neglecting so much else that is gonna be missed many years after. Thats something we will regret since those moments are lost forever. So if we are indeed still gonna do that....you might as well try and enjoy it instead of loosing a few years in bitterness and endless complain on how others play. Try to get a long...make ur marriage among players work:p
just a thought...
over and out..

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
oh goodness...thought evolve meant progress in some way, not going back to caveman stage:p
I dont buy that at all sorry. There may exist a share of people like you that compare daoc to cs...but i do hope there are not many more then you. Its a comparison several made in past as a negative thing (the cs comparison) and then ur camp always denied that comparison...but now ur suddenly making it.
Daoc is so much more then a simple extremly boring game like cs. And just being narrowminded and not empathic to the rest of this comunity will lead you to make that comparison. Ofc you might do whatever you like in daoc....you can start an own cult and play chess or poker in a tavern in tnn and claim the game is now chess. But just keep by urself then and let us others play daoc:p
over and out..

Marc said:

Christ, you two dont half talk a load of crap, anyway.. while jumping out of the pigeon hole the two of you so hypocritically threw me into, i would like to say that i have nothing against the casual gamer (tho that is kinda stereotyping too), leading albions /BG defense 3 days in a row last week while mids tried to RR us. I'll show someone respect where its due, i dont add on any fights (in general) whether solo or grped. DAoC HAS become similar to CS in some respects, tho i've not rly heard that comparison before, whatever group of ppl it came from. Yes it may be more technical, but the basic thrill of the game and the competitive nature of the emerging 'guild vs guild', 'grp vs grp' or 'clan vs clan' community is the same.

pip

Banned
Kerith said:
Christ, you two dont half talk a load of crap, anyway.. while jumping out of the pigeon hole the two of you so hypocritically threw me into, i would like to say that i have nothing against the casual gamer (tho that is kinda stereotyping too), leading albions /BG defense 3 days in a row last week while mids tried to RR us. I'll show someone respect where its due, i dont add on any fights (in general) whether solo or grped. DAoC HAS become similar to CS in some respects, tho i've not rly heard that comparison before, whatever group of ppl it came from. Yes it may be more technical, but the basic thrill of the game and the competitive nature of the emerging 'guild vs guild', 'grp vs grp' or 'clan vs clan' community is the same.
LoL <cough>bs your grp prob is the worse for it:twak:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Kerith said:
the competitive nature of the emerging 'guild vs guild', 'grp vs grp' or 'clan vs clan' community is the same.

Only because the most outspoken people are the 1337bois with nothing else to do. The vast majority of DAOC players don't care about who adds on who, who kills what, who heals who or who is better...you just never hear them speak :)

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
LoL <cough>bs your grp prob is the worse for it

well i dont rly know you personally so its not fair to judge, but killing warlocks is fun :( im a bad person

eggy said:
Only because the most outspoken people are the 1337bois with nothing else to do. The vast majority of DAOC players don't care about who adds on who, who kills what, who heals who or who is better...you just never hear them speak :)

but they're of a different DAoC 'sub-community', and the majority of end game daoc is dominated by '1337bois' in one way or another

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Kerith said:
well i dont rly know you personally so its not fair to judge, but killing warlocks is fun :( im a bad person

but they're of a different DAoC 'sub-community', and the majority of end game daoc is dominated by '1337bois' in one way or another

erhm no:p
but you see that 60% of them resides here due to the fact they they feel the urge to tell people about their pawnage or being leet. The casual gamer doesnt feel the need for that...nor have time for such nonsence and therefor doesnt take part in those discussions:)

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Kerith said:

hehe..show me where im a hypocrite bad boy:p
id love to see that.
Always made my point about all this crap quite clear:)
Also i would like to say your such a decent man and how very big of you it is to have nothing against a player that plays casually:p

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Kerith said:

I think you will find that the "leetkids" make up a very small part of the end game.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
erhm no:p
but you see that 60% of them resides here due to the fact they they feel the urge to tell people about their pawnage or being leet. The casual gamer doesnt feel the need for that...nor have time for such nonsence and therefor doesnt take part in those discussions:)

this is a daoc community forum not a '1337boi' community forum

ebenezer said:
hehe..show me where im a hypocrite bad boy:p
id love to see that.

ebenezer said:
And just being narrowminded and not empathic to the rest of this comunity will lead you to make that comparison

according to u 60% of 1337bois reside here, and you seem to be not only stereotyping me as one, but also doing exactly what u 'flamed' me for, disregarding them and their opinion and playstyle

ebenezer said:
you can start an own cult and play chess or poker in a tavern in tnn and claim the game is now chess. But just keep by urself then and let us others play daoc:p

assuming 'us others' = casual gamers? then i conclude that you are a hypocrit, and talking out of your ass

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
I think you will find that the "leetkids" make up a very small part of the end game.

Well it all depends on perspective, i think 'leetkids' is a pretty bad term to use, because it describes the fg vs fg player (in which case i'd say there are alot of them), and they are by no means all 'leetkids'. Theres whine that these ppl dont allow others to play DAoC how they like to, but tbh its 6 and half a dozen of the other, casual gamers saying DAoC is supposed to be zerg vs zerg.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Kerith said:
this is a daoc community forum not a '1337boi' community forum

according to u 60% of 1337bois reside here, and you seem to be not only stereotyping me as one, but also doing exactly what u 'flamed' me for, disregarding them and their opinion and playstyle

assuming 'us others' = casual gamers? then i conclude that you are a hypocrit, and talking out of your ass

lol...when you start acting like a person that really cares and not just spiting venom since ur bitter at everyone i might actually find the time to write something worthwile to you..until then enjoy your little rampage:)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Imagine this:

You go into your local late-night wine bar after an evening on the booze with your friends. After a few light ales (I assure you, officer!), you decide it's time to hit the dance floor - off you go to shake your thing to a bit of Hot Chocolate.

However, upon reaching the dance floor, you're aggressively approached by a species of male not too distantly resembling an ape on smack, adrenaline and testosterone. You're told by this low-life that you're to leave immediately as you are wearing your favourite Paddington Bear top, and not a Ben Sherman shirt, ironed neatly by your mother the very same afternoon.

You estimate around 30% of the guys on the dancefloor are wearing Ben Sherman, eagle-eyeing the slappers around the club while standing firm and acting 'ard.

Should you be forced to wear cheap designer wear clothes? No.
Do they have the right to tell you to what to wear? No.
Is everyone entitled to their own opinion/fashion? Yes.

If you pay your entry fee, you can dance with whom the fuck you like, wearing whatever you want, drinking whatever you choose.

Ok so the example is a little far-fetched, but the point is still there.

People can play however they want. If you don't like it? Tough shit, go to a different club.

...or stay in and play Counter-Strike :p

:cheers:

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
lol...when you start acting like a person that really cares and not just spiting venom since ur bitter at everyone i might actually find the time to write something worthwile to you..until then enjoy your little rampage:)

lol what am i supposed to be bitter at? you're just proving my point that u spout crap. as far as i can tell the only person with a problem here is u, everyone else is discussin the 'state' of rvr on daoc and you're calling me bitter and narrowminded, go find somewhere else to flame thanks

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Imagine this:

You go into your local late-night wine bar after an evening on the booze with your friends. After a few light ales, you decide it's time to hit the dance floor - off you go to shake your thing to a bit of Hot Chocolate.

However, upon reaching the dance floor, you're aggressively approached by a species of male not too distantly resembling an ape on smack, adrenaline and testosterone. You're told by this low-life that you're to leave immediately as you are wearing your favourite Paddington Bear top, and not a Ben Sherman shirt, ironed neatly by your mother the very same afternoon.

You estimate around 30% of the guys on the dancefloor are wearing Ben Sherman, eagle-eyeing the slappers around the club while standing firm and acting 'ard.

Should you be forced to wear cheap designer wear clothes? No.
Do they have the right to tell you to what to wear? No.
Is everyone entitled to their own opinion/fashion? Yes.

If you pay your entry fee, you can dance with whom the fuck you like, wearing whatever you want, drinking whatever you choose.

Ok so the example is a little far-fetched, but the point is still there.

People can play however they want. If you don't like it? Tough shit, go to a different club.

:cheers:

hehe well put eggy:)

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Kerith said:
lol what am i supposed to be bitter at? you're just proving my point that u spout crap. as far as i can tell the only person with a problem here is u, everyone else is discussin the 'state' of rvr on daoc and you're calling me bitter and narrowminded, go find somewhere else to flame thanks
still bitter i see:)?
nothing to discuss then:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom