News Steve Jobs he be deeed :(

Cyradix

FH is my second home
steve-jobs-mort.jpg

*gets coat*

megadave

I am a FH squatter
apparently they're now making a feature length Apple advert, er, I mean a film about Steve Job's life

Chosen

Resident Freddy
apparently they're now making a feature length Apple advert, er, I mean a film about Steve Job's life

A new one which takes up after "Pirates of Silicon Valley" then?(Which btw is a good movie).

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I can't be bothered to read more about him, does it say how he refused to pay his kids paternity money, shut down all philanthropy at Apple and took credit for other people's work while capitalising on the ignorance of our consumerism society?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
10 years ago we had:
Steve Jobs
Bob Hope
Johnny Cash - Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Please don't die Kevin Bacon!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
lol that gone viral now, was funny when i read it first time tho

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If there are such blatant infringements then they would be able to do a lot more than just halt sales of particular models in some countries. He just sounds like a cock from those excerpts imo.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He does, but the conflict of interest is massive from Schmidt. Also Apple's problem is that every touch based mobile OS is going to be similar, there is very little you can do differently.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
nobody sees the irony of Apple complaining about "theft"?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Am I turning into a total poof, or am I somewhat justified in saying fuck off, some poor cunt just died of cancer at a young age, and there seems to be no sense of balance here right now?

Nate

FH is my second home
I agree with you that it's a shame people die of cancer at young ages but does that make all wrongs they've done in their life disappear? and become taboo?

He was 56 btw, is that really young still? I suppose a better way of putting it is before his time.

I suppose most people are young to you Joop ;)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I've never liked Steve Jobs.
I've never liked Apple Computer.
I've never liked any Apple Computer product.
I've never owned any Apple Computer product.
I never will own any Apple Computer product.

If work handed me an iphone and told me that was my work phone from now on, I'd hand it back to them.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
He does, but the conflict of interest is massive from Schmidt. Also Apple's problem is that every touch based mobile OS is going to be similar, there is very little you can do differently.

Apple were not the first to produce a touch screen mobile device though.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

If work handed me an iphone and told me that was my work phone from now on, I'd hand it back to them.

I have several Apple products, an iPhone 4s (personal), an iPhone 4 (work), a Mac Mini 2010 (XBMC running on it), Apple TV2 (jailbroken running XBMC) and a Mac Book Air. Believe me I am not an Apple supporter but some of their offerings are simply brilliant. The Mac Mini and Mac Book Air are superb and each of those is used on a daily basis. There are somethings that piss me off, walled phones and ITunes but by the large I am happy to use a mixture of products to get the best for me.

I do get fucked off reading about how Apple changed the world and did this and that, they simply took other "raw" ideas and refined them.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

Heaters gonna heat ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I agree with you that it's a shame people die of cancer at young ages but does that make all wrongs they've done in their life disappear? and become taboo?

He was 56 btw, is that really young still? I suppose a better way of putting it is before his time.

I suppose most people are young to you Joop ;)

Indeed, someone died at a young age, I feel for them, my Mum died of a similar age to cancer but as you quite rightly say it does not wipe their slate clean for any previous things done in their life.

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
I love my iMac, its been sitting here doing what it does superbly for years, and I have no doubt that the strength of personality that was Steve Jobs made it happen. Cancer is a blight and all deaths are a tragedy (/me hugs his old mate T)

That said I believe Jobs was an undiagnosed Psychopath. His treatment of people was legendarily awful. He was unable to empathise or care for others, his vision was all that mattered and the people involved were just objects to be manipulated.

Apple has started to take on that persona itself and I for one hope that it steps back from the dark side just a little and becomes a company I'm not actually ashamed to be a customer of.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I love my iMac, its been sitting here doing what it does superbly for years, and I have no doubt that the strength of personality that was Steve Jobs made it happen. Cancer is a blight and all deaths are a tragedy (/me hugs his old mate T)

That said I believe Jobs was an undiagnosed Psychopath. His treatment of people was legendarily awful. He was unable to empathise or care for others, his vision was all that mattered and the people involved were just objects to be manipulated.

Apple has started to take on that persona itself and I for one hope that it steps back from the dark side just a little and becomes a company I'm not actually ashamed to be a customer of.

Totally agree Ted, Apple products can certainly fill a niche and have their uses, I would not be without my Mac Mini or Macbook Air. I do believe that Jobs was taking Apple to the dark side just a little too much for my liking and I suspect his autobiography will be an interesting read, especially the part where he stated he would use $40 billion and his last dying breath to destroy Google's Android operating system.

ps. Thanks for the hug :)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
Totally agree Ted, Apple products can certainly fill a niche and have their uses, I would not be without my Mac Mini or Macbook Air. I do believe that Jobs was taking Apple to the dark side just a little too much for my liking and I suspect his autobiography will be an interesting read, especially the part where he stated he would use $40 billion and his last dying breath to destroy Google's Android operating system.

ps. Thanks for the hug :)

ye i read this news article it did seem a tad bit on the meglomaniac side but thats the type of bloke he was (dont condone it from what ive read he treat people like shit). from what i understand tho one of the android CEO's or whatever sat on the apple board for years listening to the design briefs the new tech etc all while working secretly for google. to be fair id be pissed off too but thats buisness i suppose and im certain that this is the whole reason theres such a bitter battle between ios5 and android they feel android stole there ideas rightly or wrongly i dont know right from under steve jobs nose. couple that with the fact he was highly driven and you get one pissed off dude with the means to seriously hinder your progress.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
ye i read this news article it did seem a tad bit on the meglomaniac side but thats the type of bloke he was (dont condone it from what ive read he treat people like shit). from what i understand tho one of the android CEO's or whatever sat on the apple board for years listening to the design briefs the new tech etc all while working secretly for google. to be fair id be pissed off too but thats buisness i suppose and im certain that this is the whole reason theres such a bitter battle between ios5 and android they feel android stole there ideas rightly or wrongly i dont know right from under steve jobs nose. couple that with the fact he was highly driven and you get one pissed off dude with the means to seriously hinder your progress.
That as Schmidt. He resigned later. To be fair the board of Apple also knew he was on the board of a competitor. They could have kicked him off at any point. I have said it on FaceBook and I will say it here, Jobs was a cunt.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He wasn't a massive competitor when it was just Apple and Google but as soon as Android emerged that's when he should probably have stepped away from Apple. But, he didn't break any laws so fair play to him tbh, trojan horse and all that (and it's hard to see how that could have any impact on Android without even more lawsuits flying around so it probably didn't help at all).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom