News Steve Jobs he be deeed :(

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The doctor said all that was wrong was he had a little coffin.

Everz

FH is my second home
Marketing genius, all respects to him tbh.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just shows you can have all the money in the world but when it's yr time it's your time

Punishment

Resident Freddy
He was a copyright nazi but a successful businessman nonetheless who took advantage of the fickle and OCD buying patterns of the middle classes, i stand by my above comment regardless

Everz

FH is my second home
horrible "joke". Dont make fun of the recently deceased

RIP Steve. I was never the biggest fan, but the man changed the world for the better, no doubt

Come the fuck off it, he was a genius with marketing but nothing more.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
HFxyD.gif

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I think he'll be smiling, they're marketing his death.

Want to pray for Steve?
There's an app for that.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bye bye, well done and that's about it. Didn't have an opinion one way or other about the guy, but certainly too soon these days.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Being dead is now the intellectual property of Apple.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
In completely unrelated news... Suicide rates at Foxconn have apparently decreased.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
RIP and all that, I didn't (and still don't) like his company but it's too young to go and he was obviously very very good at what he did.

It will be interesting to see how Apple cope with it in the next few years... we shall see if they are still as "innovative" (lol) as they have been in the last decade.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I bet most Apple fans will keep their battery at half charge today.

Shouldn't be difficult.

soze

I am a FH squatter
RIP Steve

And now we find out how much of a genius he really was. If Apple continue to to release "revolutionary" products which "redefine" the way we use x then I guess he was just the man at the top.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Strangers die every day.

Really? Thanks for pointing that out, I had no idea.

Now on a slightly more on-topic note, I didn't like the guy's company, products or his methods of selling but you have to admire/respect his accomplishments and the impact he had on the world of consumer electronics. Would items like smartphones, mp3 players, tablets etc be anywhere near their current level of hardware/software sophistication had he not set Apple down the course of shaking the status quo up a decade or so ago? Anyway, RIP.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
He was living proof that an Apple a day keeps the doctor away.
He's had his health run-ins before and bounced back. At the end of the day though, Death catches up with everyone. I'm reminded of Greyhald Spold from Terry Pratchett's "The Light Fantastic";
For the last few hours he has been very busy. He may be deaf and a little hard of thinking, but elderly wizards have very well-trained survival instincts, and they know that when a tall figure in a black robe and the latest in agricultural handtools starts looking thoughtfully at you it is time to act fast. The servants have been dismissed. The doorways have been sealed with a paste made from powdered mayflies, and protective octograms have been drawn on the windows. Rare and rather smelly oils have been poured in complex patterns on the floor, in designs which hurt the eyes and suggest the designer was drunk or from some other dimension or, possibly, both; in the very centre of the room is the eightfold octogram of Witholding, surrounded by red and green candles. And in the centre of that is a box made from wood of the curly-fern pine, which grows to a great age, and it is lined with red silk and yet more protective amulets. Because Greyhald Spold knows that Death is looking for him, and has spent many years designing an impregnable hiding place.

He has just set the complicated clockwork of the lock and shut the lid, lying back in the knowledge that here at last is the perfect defence against the most ultimate of all his enemies, although as yet he has not considered the important part that airholes must play in an enterprise of this kind.

And right beside him, very close to his ear, a voice has just said: DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
this thread is pretty hilarious

give the guy a break, there wouldnt be Pixar without him, who doesn't love Toy Story?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Really? Thanks for pointing that out, I had no idea.

Now on a slightly more on-topic note, I didn't like the guy's company, products or his methods of selling but you have to admire/respect his accomplishments and the impact he had on the world of consumer electronics. Would items like smartphones, mp3 players, tablets etc be anywhere near their current level of hardware/software sophistication had he not set Apple down the course of shaking the status quo up a decade or so ago? Anyway, RIP.

The point.

---

Your head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom