News Steve Jobs he be deeed :(

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Awww i feell sorry for thoose inbreed buggers in Westboro..

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I guess even he was so underwhelmed by Apple's latest announcements that he just gave in.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
this thread is pretty hilarious

give the guy a break, there wouldnt be Pixar without him, who doesn't love Toy Story?

Agree'd. And he saved Macintosh back in the 90's and come on guys, without Mactintosh there wouldn't be iPods, iTunes, iPhones etc. and all these products have pretty much changed the technology as we know it today. The iPod most certainly have

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Agree'd. And he saved Macintosh back in the 90's and come on guys, without Mactintosh there wouldn't be iPods, iTunes, iPhones etc. and all these products have pretty much changed the technology as we know it today. The iPod most certainly have

But it's not exactly news which should be the headline on every news site.

There is far more newsworthy stuff going on at the moment.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
But it's not exactly news which should be the headline on every news site.

There is far more newsworthy stuff going on at the moment.

I dunno, i'd call the death of one of the most influential men in modern consumer electronics to be a fairly newsworthy piece.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
297764_10150852825430164_747555163_21221069_946029554_n.jpg

But really, R.I.P.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Rest in peace. Love, hate or indifferent to him, he was an innovator though it could be strongly argued he was really just a master toymaker.

Personally, I see him as an important piece of IT history in the last part of the 20th century and into the 21st, mostly because of his impact in bringing the technologies into day-to-day lives, rather than because of remarkable technical leaps. When it comes down to it, mostly he had a keen eye for how to bundle/package the technologies in ergonomic ways, rather than set the world on fire with outstanding completely new ideas.

Apple do not display any kind of moral responsibility and since it has primarily been Job's show we have to conclude that the corporate entity reflects the man's priorities. Because of this I won't mourn him.

I just respect his place in computing history - but I respect it a lot.

The Daily Mash - Can we get Flash now? ask Apple owners

Daily Mash is great as always :D

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Sad. I'm surprised he lived as long as he did. RIP Steve.

An absolute master of marketing, sometimes repackaging old ideas and selling them fresh to all sections of society.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
this thread is pretty hilarious

give the guy a break, there wouldnt be Pixar without him, who doesn't love Toy Story?

Actually Toy Story had very little to do with Jobs. When he purchased the company from George Lucas (so that Lucas could fund Howard the Duck :)) he wanted it to be a company that sold high end graphics solutions, not one that produced animations. Jobs only got interested in the animation side after Disney had promised to commission films. Jobs got very lucky with the people he got in the purchase who made him very rich and made little out of it themselves.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Pretty sure I read some waste of space on the BBC website comeparing him to Einstein or Edison?

O RLY?

So a shiny mobile you can make fart in a variety of amusing ways is as important to human history as the Theory of Relativity?

Lulz.

Nate

FH is my second home
New York mayor Michael Bloomberg said that.

Haha :D I wonder what he has to say about me.

old.user4556

Now that's just stupid.

Will they say the same about Steve Wozniak?

No, no they won't. Infact, I bet he gets a small mention when he goes.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah, I'm pretty sickened by the all the chumps claiming he changed the world like some kind of fucking deity. It's tiresome and plainly false.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sigh, today someone else died from cancer. My Mum died from cancer just over 4 years ago. RIP Steve and condolences to his family. I feel for you.

Now for the rant, fuck me, it was and still is the peons below him that created all the toys you currently play with, be it an iPad, iPhone, iPod etc. They deserve the credit for innovation, Steve deserves the credit for being a Hitler figure in a massive company. Nothing more, nothing less.

It is a Brit that designs all the Apple products, not Steve Jobs. Just remember that. He was a great CEO but "he" didn't change the world, his staff did.

old.user4556

/puts fanboy hat on for a second

One thing I do love about Apple is their clean cut, almost religious like importance with their stores. They're cool. Noone else does cool retail stores. There's always hot chicks and arty dickheads with silly hair and dodgy beards milling around and I love that. The brand makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

If Jobs had it his way, he'd not have had retail stores; he was against it (from what I read..). He had so much power and control as a hipster Jesus figure though that when the reception was wonky on the iPhone 4 he just said "hold it differently". Balls of steel.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
/puts fanboy hat on for a second

One thing I do love about Apple is their clean cut, almost religious like importance with their stores. They're cool. Noone else does cool retail stores. There's always hot chicks and arty dickheads with silly hair and dodgy beards milling around and I love that. The brand makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

If Jobs had it his way, he'd not have had retail stores; he was against it (from what I read..). He had so much power and control as a hipster Jesus figure though that when the reception was wonky on the iPhone 4 he just said "hold it differently". Balls of steel.

Abercrombie and Fitch stores > Apple.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fuck that, I'm sick of needing distress flares and a minor's lamp to see a fucking thing in A&F.

but the birds are fit as fuck.. surely that counts?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Sad news.

Never been an Apple fanboi, but credit where its due. iRIP

Yaka

Part of the furniture
agree with peeps saying other peeps help make the apple products like the iphone, ipad, pod etc. but without a nut like him at the top they probably would not have been released as quick and most of use would still be with shitty phones/pdas

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Lol at end of the vid where she is crying they kicked her out for being a freak lol :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom