Stealther RvR on excal

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
why do i almost never find any solo stealthers when im out trying to solo? ;) when i read here almost every stealther solo but when im out i always get zergt :(

an yes i know im not always solo but im just tired of getting zergt by noob mid stealthers :touch:

ive never seen u out solo and same go's for dafft.not saying i never add but im solo most off the time.

Nemo

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
why do i almost never find any solo stealthers when im out trying to solo? ;) when i read here almost every stealther solo but when im out i always get zergt :(

Same here, so I started to duo, and I like it alot.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
luribeauty said:
ive never seen u out solo and same go's for dafft.not saying i never add but im solo most off the time.

havent been rvr activ much because of lag at my new place.. an saying i never solo is just not true.. sometimes i duo with my m8's because im tired of getting farmt by some noob mid stealth zerg who dont got the balls to fight solo..

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
stealthers zerg to cover up flaws in thier playstyle/templates and because they are RP horny little mongs.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
Keffo said:
No offense but what the fuck are you doing in Pain then? you are an ok guy, but is it to get buffs?

huh? well im not there for the buffs, i was there for the great company on ts and in /gu... but seems like im not wanted anymore then..
well it was great as long as it lasted, ill just go fetch my hat and slowly vanish out the door.. :(

illu

Part of the furniture
I think the stealth zerg could be worse, and I imagine with clustering, it will be, simply because there will be more people about.
I don't think that the zerging is extreme, you get the occasional 5 or 6 man hib or alb group, and I've also seen pretty big mid groups, but it can make for some "interesting" fights when 2 5-man groups encounter each other, as long as you are not the guy at the front that instadies from 5 PA's :>

And stealthers are inherently weak, so even if you come across 3-4 in a group, if you are quick and lucky (or have AE Mezz up) you can generally take 1 down, or maybe 2. Without AE Mezz, you've got to hope you come across the Warder archer first or the cosantoir :>

I just find playing out side of prime-time in the evening, you get some nice fights, but it makes you feel like shite at work the next day.

And the word mong should be used more often :)

Oli - Illu

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
I think the stealth zerg could be worse,

guess its because you are a mid :p because this stealth zerging is the worst i have ever seen atm.. even last night the stealth zerg had a healer with them :eek7:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
With the current state of the game i think as a stealher you need to be damn high RR / ML (high enough to cope with 3 people or more at once or be able to make 1 kill and vanish) or a masochist to try and solo.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
its just not possible to get a fair fight. Either scouts slam to popp u, or run, or the already op'ed and with relic infils come as 2+, or u finally meet a hib that is solo, but have some nice little rr5 ability.. I'm so glad that sb's rr5 ability gets fixed now.. was just what i was waiting for :p

btw Thesa: not the intention to add on ur fight at beno today..

Dukat

Resident Freddy
illu said:
I think the stealth zerg could be worse, and I imagine with clustering, it will be, simply because there will be more people about.
I don't think that the zerging is extreme, you get the occasional 5 or 6 man hib or alb group, and I've also seen pretty big mid groups, but it can make for some "interesting" fights when 2 5-man groups encounter each other, as long as you are not the guy at the front that instadies from 5 PA's :>

And stealthers are inherently weak, so even if you come across 3-4 in a group, if you are quick and lucky (or have AE Mezz up) you can generally take 1 down, or maybe 2. Without AE Mezz, you've got to hope you come across the Warder archer first or the cosantoir :>

I just find playing out side of prime-time in the evening, you get some nice fights, but it makes you feel like shite at work the next day.

And the word mong should be used more often

Oli - Illu

Well said! :clap:

Solo'ing is kinda hard at the moment, but if you have the staying power and take no notice of the wankers who pop you infront of fg's and then emote you, you can actually get some nice fights every now and again :)

Adds are a little annoying atm, both from the same realm and from the enemies, however if you pick your timing and have a little luck then its possible to get 1 on 1's without being interrupted.

I'd say soloing is possible atm, if a little frustrating, but thats nothing out of the ordinary for solo stealthers ;)

tierk

Part of the furniture
well i just got back from a extended brk and has to be said there are a lot of noobshytes about that are incapable of running solo. Having said that it doesnt seem any worse or better then it was before i left though was funny last night to go near bridge at beno and spot 6 alb stealthers just infront of the bridge dockside, thank god for mos5 :D Will carry on trying to solo but i doubt it will last for long as it gets a weeeee bit frustrating just perma releasing and when u do get a kill invariably u get yer arse handed to you by some random caster.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Stealther RVR on excal = buffbot. ie a bunch of noobs.

regards Gorrion
Alt: Atlantiz unbuffed hunter

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Gorrion said:
Stealther RVR on excal = buffbot. ie a bunch of noobs.

regards Gorrion
Alt: Atlantiz unbuffed hunter

its on every server fyi

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:
its on every server fyi

yes i know unfortnuately . . . However the mistake will be corrected with the comming of the Classic server, where "finally" there will be range on buff´s, as it was orriginally intended.
The buffbot´s was a unintentional flaw in the game from the beginnig,
especially in the pvp/rvr part of the game.
However it did become big buisness for Mythic/Goa, and was generally accepted by the majority of players aswell, hence the buffbots (God mode/cheat) became reality.
Infact, i find the use of buffbot´s more cheating than any Radar or windowdragging have ever been.
Buffbot players are worthless noob´s who never will learn to play their class with the utilitys provided by the class skills, and what ever potion´s, charges, or tokens that can be bought ingame to boost some stats, and abilitys.

Sama

Banned
Gorrion said:
yes i know unfortnuately . . . However the mistake will be corrected with the comming of the Classic server, where "finally" there will be range on buff´s, as it was orriginally intended.
The buffbot´s was a unintentional flaw in the game from the beginnig,
especially in the pvp/rvr part of the game.
However it did become big buisness for Mythic/Goa, and was generally accepted by the majority of players aswell, hence the buffbots (God mode/cheat) became reality.
Infact, i find the use of buffbot´s more cheating than any Radar or windowdragging have ever been.
Buffbot players are worthless noob´s who never will learn to play their class with the utilitys provided by the class skills, and what ever potion´s, charges, or tokens that can be bought ingame to boost some stats, and abilitys.

or people could use buffs to compete/equalise with most other people who use them? and calling people noobs who use bb's wtf? all it means is you kill the enemy quicker :p

Shadowen

Fledgling Freddie
Lol I would solo more, RvR more, and not add on fights if..

1. Infiltrators mainhand didn't do approximately the same damage than my hunters 5.3 spear (tried energy, slash, and thrust - looking for a good matter/spirit spear atm) (44+14 spec), at 3-4 times my swing rate (I've got all capped resists, AoM, Physical defense etc). but I'm only RR4 ML 10, and most enemies I find are RR8+.

2. Infiltrators Mainhand didn't do 2-4 times my SB's Mainhand + offhand. Again my resists are capped. I'm only RR2 ML 10, most enemies are RR 8+.

3. When I finally find an alb/hib which is not high RR, then 2-5 others add.

4. casters weren't near on unkillable, 3 Brittle Guards + BT (and sometimes Block bots) in addition to the insane caster damage doing 500+ against capped resists every 1 second.

And that is despite using AF charges, shammy resists, Fully ToA'ed buffbot (ML 10), multiple artifacts, and MP armour, though I don't have the two I-win buttons that people are using - Battler and Malice.

So now I tend to duo in DF when I can find a partner - sorry to the greys and blues down there, but I've been ganked so often (from lvl 20 - 50) I stopped caring. or run with larger stealth groups, to try to balance out the damage done by enemy stealthers.

(Note: I used to always leave grey con/Rez sick players alone, but since it's been customary to gank greys - gawd knows how many times I've been repeately ganked in df by even high ranked infs/ns's, I now kill all that I can, because it's probably that you were the one that ganked me, of course from another account).

To be honest it's boring, and people have suggested that I use lag cheats/exploits to win fights, which really irk me - hate cheating (and cheaters). But from the perspective of a low RR player, the RvR just isn't fun, Realm ranks make too much of a difference, to be overcome unless you zerg - Boring.

I suppose I could switch realm and play one of the overpowered classes.

Fair fights in DaoC - impossible to achieve, unless you run in elite optimised gank groups, looking for another one.

regards
shadowen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom