Stealther balance?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Kinetix said:
Well depends with my 4l6 minstrell with warguard and som up i´ve taken rr10 NS but as Evita said you need to have RA´s and some items up to win.
As for hunters they are my favorite snack can even take 2 at same time

rofl, that NS musta been terribly drunk or something

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
Well depends with my 4l6 minstrell with warguard and som up i´ve taken rr10 NS but as Evita said you need to have RA´s and some items up to win.
As for hunters they are my favorite snack can even take 2 at same time
I find hunters the best archer, mabye even the best stealther of all, but only 2 mabye 3 on cluster who make that potential into something real.

And with warguard+battler som/wh and a bit of luck u can take on 4-5 randoms and still come out on top. not much fun tho:(

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
-Freezingwiz- said:
or minstrel's are terribly overpowered :touch:

doubt that since Severyn is a very very easy kill.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
rofl, that NS musta been terribly drunk or something
Why? with my tricks up only NS ive ever lost to was Deseptions NS and faiotan pre-cluster. IP wh/som abla chant warguard battler ok melee dmg is more then most classes can handle.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Valgyr said:
Why? with my tricks up only NS ive ever lost to was Deseptions NS and faiotan pre-cluster. IP wh/som abla chant warguard battler ok melee dmg is more then most classes can handle.

because of what I said in my previous post.

(whos yer mincer btw?)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Valgyr said:

You forgot insta stunn, dd, dd, laughspam :mad:

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:
Lol, tried playing one then? I'm currently attempting to play mine, just dinged RR4. He's ML0 and only has som and winged helm as "toys", killing something solo is quite the achievement. We can't slam + crit shot ftw.

ehhh?

so cuz YOUR gimped unfinished ml0 rr4 hunter cant kill shit solo yet the class is hardmode ic

anyone else who thinks this logic is flawed?

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
doubt that since Severyn is a very very easy kill.

yes when you and your friend jump on me same time. Dont remember i fought you solo

Congax said:
Lol, tried playing one then? I'm currently attempting to play mine, just dinged RR4. He's ML0 and only has som and winged helm as "toys", killing something solo is quite the achievement. We can't slam + crit shot ftw.

Man seriously come back and talk about hardmode when u played a well EQed melee hunter with ml10 and some rrs. Compairing gimped toons against nongimped is as useless as this thread tbh Oo.

I'd say the stealth class that is least played is minstrels, since they ain't worthwhile to solo with and get no 8 man grps. ( obviously the rr11 minstrels that played in a guild since OF get an inv from now and then :d )

Also a scout that aims to SOLO his rps is much harder then a hunter ever will be, due to the fact that a hunter does so much more dmg then a scout, and the fact that bow is gimped wich is the scouts strenght in comparision ( sp ) to a hunter.

Sb are the real easymode stealther nowadays, wich imo is deserved after a few years of getting fucked in the ass, LA axe nerf was needed but was abit over the top, since LA mechanics doesn't work like DW/CD.

Infs and shades are quiet equal, maybe infs is abit better on the paper due to better racial stats, hibs get haste from bbs and albs get spec af - personally id prefer spec af.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Frozodo said:
i hardly fink it is easy mode tbh... tbh i would say hunter is easier than shades and yes i did play hunter on Merlin server.. and yes it was a melee one and yes i did find it easy ... camo, mos4 and hello enemies.. ip + fz = i win so i dunno where easy mode shade came from.. but i think easy easy is prolly go for Alb scout shield <3, mincer always loved <3 ns,infy,sb same.. my first stealther was a ranjur loved him all over 50 bow in OF that was <3

I play a shade myself mate, and I have a shadowblade aswell. So comparing those two makes shades the easymode tho. But note the " " around easymode, inclincing that it was purely a term.

who ever it was said:
so cuz YOUR gimped unfinished ml0 rr4 hunter cant kill shit solo yet the class is hardmode ic

Not relying on timers etc, yes. And he is finished, all done except ML.

the guy above said:
Man seriously come back and talk about hardmode when u played a well EQed melee hunter with ml10 and some rrs.

Comparing a - say - fully twinked ML10 RR9 Hunter against a mediocre, yet still decently equipped RR5'ish assassin is usefull then? Because honestly, I don't know what crap you're pulling up. The thread starter just wanted an opinion on what stealth class to play, I gave my opinion.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
daoc_xianghua said:
anyone else who thinks this logic is flawed?

I do :p last time I was out with my mincer I got hit for shit loads by a 2h sword hunter :/

he hit me for 400-500 a swing pretty fast tbh :twak:

edit: yes I died ;P

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
I do :p last time I was out with my mincer I got hit for shit loads by a 2h sword hunter :/

he hit me for 400-500 a swing pretty fast tbh :twak:

edit: yes I died ;P

must have been guindor, he hurts :|

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:
Guindor is still spear specced iirc.

i think not he hit me with a phat sword this morning, tho it might be just me seeing things dunno :|

and no i didnt die, was fkin close tho :p

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
daoc_xianghua said:
i think not he hit me with a phat sword this morning, tho it might be just me seeing things dunno :|

and no i didnt die, was fkin close tho :p

You hit my RM with a phat sword this morning aswell, think I died in two hits :p

Congax said:
Comparing a - say - fully twinked ML10 RR9 Hunter against a mediocre, yet still decently equipped RR5'ish assassin is usefull then? Because honestly, I don't know what crap you're pulling up. The thread starter just wanted an opinion on what stealth class to play, I gave my opinion.

What I'm saying is that there is no use for you to come tell us how sucky or hardmode your crap char is since it's not opted. There is a huge diff between a well EQed class, ml10, cl5, rr7+ then your next fotm reroll char.

My NS was sweet to play, killed alot of ppl, died alot - all in all it is a powerful class, that perfoms godly when u know your shit, got ml10 cl5, good templete ( as in top notch ). Then I have a ranger wich temp isn't as good as I wanted it to be but i couldn't be arsed to get better gear since it was an alt. Obviously I didn't perform aswell as galid, ozri, censi and Calaw <3.

Then I have my minstrel wich I pumped in items draining all my founds in one insane template, and I got a good end result.
The point beeing with this comparison is to show you noone is intersted in how a medicore class can perform, it's not interesting snice noone aims to make a shitty mediocre char but to gear it out and be as good as u can be.

Then ofc the thread starter was asking about the stealth balance, pup and performance wise so yet again no point slagging on hunters using your own hunter as an argument, I'm sure you understand that.

P.S I'm not aiming to offend or redicule you or the like, merly explaining my point abit more.

PP.S I may not be right in this, but this is my opinion, and I do not think a rr4 ml0 cl0 half EQ'ed melee hunter is any representative exampel of how hard or easy a hunter is to play ( AKA how well they perform when OPted. )

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
You need good inter-personal skills as a stealther!

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
What I'm saying is that there is no use for you to come tell us how sucky or hardmode your crap char is since it's not opted. There is a huge diff between a well EQed class, ml10, cl5, rr7+ then your next fotm reroll char.
It was my first 50, so not really any fotm reroll whatsoever. And surely there is any use since the thread starter asked adivce to US (so that means me aswell) regarding the stealthers. Since I've played every stealther (except mincer) I thought I'd share the experience and let him I know what I've found to be the best and the worst - this didn't have nothing to do with RR and whatsoever, but just with my opinion.

Matriarch|Sneakers said:
The point beeing with this comparison is to show you noone is intersted in how a medicore class can perform, it's not interesting snice noone aims to make a shitty mediocre char but to gear it out and be as good as u can be.
If the thread starter was interested in making an alt stealther - just a mediocre one! - then he would indeed have been interested to know how well a mediocre stealther performs. Some may not have those founds to fully twink a character :)

Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Then ofc the thread starter was asking about the stealth balance, pup and performance wise so yet again no point slagging on hunters using your own hunter as an argument, I'm sure you understand that.
Already explained that one.
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
P.S I'm not aiming to offend or redicule you or the like, merly explaining my point abit more.

Surely you can try to not call my characters crap and the information useless then?
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
CL3 fyi :p

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Valgyr said:
What realm has low/high population and what stealther classes are played much/little these days?

Active (last 7 days) stealthers earning more than 10,000 rps last week over the cluster.

Code:
Active

Infiltrator	59	
Nightshade	57	
Scout		56	
Shadowblade	49	
Ranger		45	
Hunter		38	

Average Weekly RP	

Nightshade	62578	
Hunter		56253
Shadowblade	53480		
Infiltrator	47961	
Scout		43410	
Ranger		41717	

Realm Numbers		

Albion		115	38%
Hibernia	102	34%
Midgard		87	29%

Punishment

Resident Freddy
This is such old hash revisited :(

In relation to Assasins the only way of bringing balance is to make all leather neutral to all melee damage types and give all realms a Briton/Celt stat race ...

But as i said above ... :m00:

auroria

Banned
lol severyn, funny i killed you 2-3 times with my rr5 ns today then ;) only reason you stayed alive for more than 15sec was cause u strafed like a mofo

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Kinetix said:
yes when you and your friend jump on me same time. Dont remember i fought you solo

Dont flatter yourself. Wouldnt need help to kill you, killed you a couple times with ease before I went on alil break after dinging rr7. But I guess you are one of those who only remember what you want to remember and have a hard time loosing a fight and cant accept it.

(besides.. who would this supposed friend be? Seeing as I dont group with my NS nor add unless you deserve it for beeing an adder)

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
Active (last 7 days) stealthers earning more than 10,000 rps last week over the cluster.

Code:
Active
Infiltrator	59	
Nightshade	57	
Scout		56	
Shadowblade	49	
Ranger		45	
Hunter		38	

Average Weekly RP	
Nightshade	62578	
Hunter		56253
Shadowblade	53480		
Infiltrator	47961	
Scout		43410	
Ranger		41717	

Realm Numbers		
Albion		115	38%
Hibernia	102	34%
Midgard		87	29%

Average Realm Rank of active stealther who has over 10,000 LWRP.... which explains why Hunters seem to do well..it's because most are very high RR...

Code:
Hunter		R7L5
Shadowblade	R7L4
Infiltrator	R6L9
Ranger		R6L8
Nightshade	R6L6
Scout		R6L6

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
As i have played a ranger till rr8, a NS through rr9 and am now primary playing SB that is about rr6 atm i guess i can compare a little bit.

For 1 sneakers, SB's are still the underdog untill rr7-8... Just the fact that they need to gimp debuffs for decent LA spec that is needed for overall dmg + 44 CS for abs debuff gimps them completely till rr5.

Comparing a NS to a SB now : NS's are total easymode starting from rr1. At rr1 you can kill my SB with a NS if you got a good suit and a lucky roll on the swings... NS's are powerful from the 1st ranks but on the other hand you don't feel much difference and it starts to get boring after rr9 imo on a NS if it was your 1st assassin.. otherwise much sooner.

Rangers.. well it's been a while since i played Theseus, but i stopped playing it cuz it was too easy (bit like NS atm), they are just plain and simple overpowered.

Playing against rangers now.. bowrangers are laughable.. most are total noobs that don't know what they are doing, but some snipers can be quite deadly if they know how to survive with 50 bow...

Meleerangers are just total bollox tbh lol....They are ridiculously overpowered for an average RR assassin to kill, let alone a scout or hunter. I guess that past rr7-8 they become beatable, but before that you will need to be lucky that you got everything going for you and they have everything going against them to kill em...

just my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom