Stealther balance?

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
What realm has low/high population and what stealther classes are played much/little these days?

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
I think the stealther population is quite even, probably a tad more infils/shades then shadowblades but this has always been so, and the rising popularity of hunters makes up for this :)

Hibernia and Midgard are lowest on population atm, if you're planning on starting a stealther I'd say go for Nightshade if you want "easymode" and melee hunter for "hardmode".

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:

Lol, tried playing one then? I'm currently attempting to play mine, just dinged RR4. He's ML0 and only has som and winged helm as "toys", killing something solo is quite the achievement. We can't slam + crit shot ftw.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:
Lol, tried playing one then? I'm currently attempting to play mine, just dinged RR4. He's ML0 and only has som and winged helm as "toys", killing something solo is quite the achievement. We can't slam + crit shot ftw.

everything is hardmode if you run around in rog items :wanker:
You tryet playing melee scout? even with all the toys in template i lose 9 out of 10 times :p could be because i suck who knows :D

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
everything is hardmode if you run around in rog items :wanker:
You tryet playing melee scout? even with all the toys in template i lose 9 out of 10 times :p could be because i suck who knows :D

I'm templated, and yes fyi, I have tried scout. And it's hard, I'm vividly aware of that. But kindly extend your posts with more then "ROFL" next time.

illu

Part of the furniture
Congax said:
I think the stealther population is quite even, probably a tad more infils/shades then shadowblades but this has always been so, and the rising popularity of hunters makes up for this :)

Hibernia and Midgard are lowest on population atm, if you're planning on starting a stealther I'd say go for Nightshade if you want "easymode" and melee hunter for "hardmode".

Yup I totally agree with Congax.
Too many Albs, not enough hibs and mids.
Albs have their Scout and Infils, both are pretty good when played right.
Hibs have NS's and Rangers, both tough cookies, and with the little luri's - bloody hard to target!
And middies have SB's and Hunters. Always the underachievers, and whenever mythic as someone put it gives us a lovely shiny Audi TT, the next patch we look over our shoulders and they give the others brand spanking new Ferraris.

The only main difference between the assassins is basically they all get an off evade stun in the new patch, except for SB's. And they all have great after deathblow abilities (free SL) except for SB's.
Archers wise I find Melee Rangers the toughest with all their tools up, then scouts are also quite mean from range, then because not many plays hunters, I can only assume them to be the crappest. But there is a little hunter loving in the new patch.

Oli - Illu

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
then because not many plays hunters, I can only assume them to be the crappest.

Because 95% of them dont do anything else then leech an zerg :( thats why ppl think its such a bad class..

If a hunter is played right (like Guindor) i think it can be better then a ranger tbh

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
From a pure melee perspective I would rate the classes as following:

Rangers
Hunters
Infils
Shades
SB's
Scouts

Playing a ranger I find hunters as the most challenging opponent by far. Of course they are as timer reliable as any other "archer" unlike the assasins.

Melee scouts are walking rps...

With the upcomming patch I think infils will remain the top notch assasin because the reflection chain is now off evade. (7 sec off evade stun.) Which was pretty much what made SB's attractive as the only assasin with a 7 sec off evade stun in the Comeback > Frosty Gaze chain.

There's a few diffrences in the spec point number, avaiable races, avaiable arti's but in the end I think the assasin scene is much more "balanced" than the archer one.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
Because 95% of them dont do anything else then leech an zerg :( thats why ppl think its such a bad class..

If a hunter is played right (like Guindor) i think it can be better then a ranger tbh

Guindor needs his toys aswell, Battler, FZ, IP, you name it, he uses it :D

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:
Guindor needs his toys aswell, Battler, FZ, IP, you name it, he uses it :D

He still pwns.. Why not use your items when you got it.. Not like the others dont use any toys

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
He still pwns.. Why not use your items when you got it.. Not like the others dont use any toys

That's not the point, I just don't think that Rangers need to use all these kind of things. I don't see rangers using battler to much (ofc not, they can get malice! xd) and I don't see them using FZ as much as other archers.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Solari said:
From a pure melee perspective I would rate the classes as following:

Rangers
Hunters
Infils
Shades
SB's
Scouts
Minstrels?

illu

Part of the furniture
Valgyr said:
Minstrels?

Minstrels are a hybrid, crap-stealth, warguard, SoS out of there if they are going to lose class.
Not seen many about lately. Maybe they are too easy and don't give much of a challenge? :>

Oli - Illu

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Solari said:
Melee scouts are walking rps...

bullshit, especially for rangers - if only you'd ever run without backup when i still played scout i would have loved to prove it to you. :p

don't think its possible to make a list of who is 'the best' and such, some classes perform better against class a then class b. my scout can take on high rr rangers/hunters and give them a good fight, but against assassins ill die a shitload. assassins are pretty balanced atm - the one with most luck/best template wins.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
bullshit, especially for rangers - if only you'd ever run without backup when i still played scout i would have loved to prove it to you. :p

aye rangers is what i win most fights against :) pd3+som > blade spec while you use legendary on their pd ;)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

don't think its possible to make a list of who is 'the best' and such, some classes perform better against class a then class b. my scout can take on high rr rangers/hunters and give them a good fight, but against assassins ill die a shitload. assassins are pretty balanced atm - the one with most luck/best template wins.
I wasnt looking for a ranking of what toon is best or worst, i have an own opinion on that, i was merly looking for some idea on the population balance and so forth. As its no point playing a NS or ranger if hibs are the ones with a vast number of stealthers etc.

MrBic

Part of the furniture
Hard to say what class is on top, only way to find out is to have similar temps,ml's and ra's on the diffreant classes then do duels.
when i meet a hunter using sun weap im usally dead pretty fast but if he would have used a physical weap or any other leggie I usally win against them.

never faced a melee scout on my ns or ranger so cant say how they perform.
only ever met dukat on my hero and he was doing damn fine then but with ws/con debuff and lifebane i think it wont be to hard to take them down.

havent met a sb in a long time that really amased me, if they pop stealth lore and 2H PA you they are evil ofc but if no PA/BS then the fights usally goes my way (except some norse who hit me hard as he** the times ive fought him, cant remember name)

inf's are imo the easymode stealther, have one, only rr3LX and in some 99% qual armor and 1 rog piece but he still kills other stealthers easier then my ns who's fully templated and rr5LX.

The melee rangers ive fought have usally won due to IP and greater rr.
reapplying poison alot with viper2 works wonders on them. melee rangers arent that great until they hit rr6-7 and after that they are pretty evil if the player behind the keyboard got some kind of clue :p

Now give more soloers or a area where soloers go to get some nice fun!

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Valgyr said:
I wasnt looking for a ranking of what toon is best or worst, i have an own opinion on that, i was merly looking for some idea on the population balance and so forth. As its no point playing a NS or ranger if hibs are the ones with a vast number of stealthers etc.

was replying to khaidy's post, but anyway, numbers are quite equal atm. stealther rvr in general is just real shit :D

Denarius

Loyal Freddie
All i ever seem to fight these days is infs/ns's , more scouts/rangers plz !

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:

i hardly fink it is easy mode tbh... tbh i would say hunter is easier than shades and yes i did play hunter on Merlin server.. and yes it was a melee one and yes i did find it easy ... camo, mos4 and hello enemies.. ip + fz = i win so i dunno where easy mode shade came from.. but i think easy easy is prolly go for Alb scout shield <3, mincer always loved <3 ns,infy,sb same.. my first stealther was a ranjur loved him all over 50 bow in OF that was <3

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Denarius said:
All i ever seem to fight these days is infs/ns's , more scouts/rangers plz !

why? so you do the same to them like you did to me with all your friends? its ppl like you that is the reason nobody wanna play scout an rangers :twak:

Inoem

Fledgling Freddie
i'm bow specced so anything that hits is pretty much evul:eek2:

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
illu said:
Minstrels are a hybrid, crap-stealth, warguard, SoS out of there if they are going to lose class.
Not seen many about lately. Maybe they are too easy and don't give much of a challenge? :>

Oli - Illu

Well depends with my 4l6 minstrell with warguard and som up i´ve taken rr10 NS but as Evita said you need to have RA´s and some items up to win.
As for hunters they are my favorite snack can even take 2 at same time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom