Question State Terrorism?

MrHorus

Can't get enough of FH
yeah, the top brass might. but your average israeli doesnt give a fuck.

I met an Israeli last year called Mark, one of the nicest chaps you could ever hope to meet.

When he was conscripted into the IDF he refused to fight and was sent for psychological evaluations, jailed and beaten by his fellow soldiers for his beliefs.

I heard from him that there ARE a small number of Israelis who hate what their country is doing to the Palestinians and they go on regular protests near the border crossing points and take aid to the Palestinians whenever they are able to.

I was utterly humbled by him and his commitment to stand against something which he believes is wrong, even when it's caused his friends and family to turn against him.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
UN report is out:

BBC News - Israeli raid on Gaza aid flotilla broke law - UN probe

In a 56-page report, the UN panel of three international lawyers said: "There is clear evidence to support prosecutions of the following crimes within the terms of article 147 of the Fourth Geneva Convention: wilful killing; torture or inhuman treatment; wilfully causing great suffering or serious injury to body or health".

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

The conduct of the Israeli military and other personnel towards the flotilla passengers was not only disproportionate to the occasion but demonstrated levels of totally unnecessary and incredible violence.”

UN Human Rights Council report
Report in full
The Convention is an international treaty governing the protection of civilians in times of war.

The UN fact-finding mission also said the Israeli blockade of the Palestinian territory was "unlawful" because of a humanitarian crisis there

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nice one. Saw it on the news before and was going to do this, but forgot :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Fuck all because america will veto any security council resolution.

MrHorus

Can't get enough of FH
Ok they've said the Israelies acted unlawfully. What will happen?

Absolutely jack shit.

As has already been said, the US will veto any Security Council condemnation and Israel is hardly likely to allow a court case to be brought in an Israeli court.

Business as usual then.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Throddy? You about m8?

Or are you bumming Israel and whispering in it's ear "yes, hunny, it's not fair, stupid UN, stupid stupid people on boats"......

;)

rynnor

Rockhound
Ok they've said the Israelies acted unlawfully. What will happen?

Members of Israel's government could be arrested if they leave the country - UK courts have issued warrants for their arrest in the past so they will have to be careful.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Members of Israel's government could be arrested if they leave the country - UK courts have issued warrants for their arrest in the past so they will have to be careful.

That's rot. The UK's stance is firmly behind the US's.

How many Israeli government members have been arrested for this huge long list of UN resolutions, denounciations etc. etc. etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Nations_resolutions_concerning_Israel :eek:

Israel's laughing all the way to their US-sponsored nuclear stockpile...

Edit: I wish wiki-links weren't so fucking gh3y...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The key word being "attempt" and a cursory read of the story shows that:

A) it was applied for by palestinian lawyers and revoked on Monday.

B) This is the first time a warrant has been issued for an Israeli minister.

So, it's hardly a case of Israeli government ministers having to cover themselves because "UK courts have issued warrants in the past" eh?

Like I said. Israeli ministers are laughing all the way to their new Berlin-style prison wall/internment camp...

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
How valid is it? as far I could see they (Isreal) didn't sign that part of the treaty.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Que? What you on about Blacky?

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
dont use that word (que) hear it too many times on a day :(

The UN seems to base the report on article 147 of the fourth Geneva convention.
If you havent signed that agreement is it law for the non signed country? If so then the whole UN is non functional. After all one of the purposes of the UN is self-determination. Which I read as you cannot for the international law (what ever that is) on a nation.

oh before you go on about the self-determination of the Palestians,, I agree they have that right. But the article was about international law vs the Isreal action.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I guess murder ain't murder if it ain't illegal then eh?

Maybe we should simply be happy hello kitty friends with Israel. They're so cute :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I guess murder ain't murder if it ain't illegal then eh?

Maybe we should simply be happy hello kitty friends with Israel. They're so cute :)

beware israelis bearing carpets

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Depends what his agenda is really. I doubt we'll ever know.

I don't see him as much more of a c*nt as any of our leaders tbfh. I'm comforted that at least someone's pissing everyone off. For real or not :)

rynnor

Rockhound
The key word being "attempt" and a cursory read of the story shows that:

A) it was applied for by palestinian lawyers and revoked on Monday.

Revoked because the minister had left the country.

B) This is the first time a warrant has been issued for an Israeli minister.

So, it's hardly a case of Israeli government ministers having to cover themselves because "UK courts have issued warrants in the past" eh?

Hmm its a warrant that was issued in the past for an Israeli Minister by a UK court which is what I said - I'm not seeing your wriggle room here unless your just going to completely ignore facts.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You said:

UK courts have issued warrants for their arrest in the past so they will have to be careful.

But they haven't. This is the first time. Even Ms Livni's office is saying:

the article YOU posted said:
On Monday Ms Livni's office denied the reports that a warrant had been issued

So:
rynnor said:
Hmm its a warrant that was issued in the past for an Israeli Minister by a UK court which is what I said

You said "the past" - and it was obvious that you meant that this had been done before now.

Unless you're now redefining "past" to mean "present" you're talkin' shite m8 :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Unless you're now redefining "past" to mean "present" you're talkin' shite m8 :)

Unless 'the past' means something different in scouseland I suggest you look at the date of the article - the warrant was issued last year...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Scouse 97
throdgrain 29
rynnor 28

Can someone put a stop to this bullshit!

...had to :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Unless 'the past' means something different in scouseland I suggest you look at the date of the article - the warrant was issued last year...

B'jeesus. Why you posting year-old links in a current event topic!

Lol. Ah well. Soz :)

Lets hope you're right then. I'd love it if a few Israeli's got arrested over this although I suspect nothing meaningfull will happen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom