State of the Game

Urrunoa

Fledgling Freddie
Dear CSR,

as we currently can not play lets use the time to communicate with our CSR about the state of the game. I hope we can see some feedback from your side.

RvR

Scenarios

Scenarios are fun and seem to be well accepted as the best means to lvl up and enjoy RvR fights in groups. However there are a few faults with it imho:

- Scenario Queing: Does not work, its always Tor Anoc, Serpent Passage: I can not imagine Order likes to play this 2 only and rather think they do same like us, just hit join all and get same like us those 2 scenarios non stop. I believe on those servers with higher populations there are others coming up, which leads me to the thought that the queing function needs further improvements (a GM mentioned you are looking into triggers?!)

- Rewarding Healing: healers still worse off, whenever I play my healer I get less exp and reknown then dps, even so I am most of time the top ranked healer and the healer with the best reknown return 99% of time, bec I heal those doing dps a lot. Still healers are eccential and disadvantaging them is not right, you got to fix that.

- Soloers: Simply saying the only reason people solo seems to me that they are able to get more reknown and exp for themselves, ensure that solo players get heavily penelised, this should be a team sport and not a possibility for a few understanding how to take benefit from game mechanics to exploid this. Simply if you not in the scenario grp, give them squat, nada, nichts, nothing! :)

Open World RvR

Think Mark made a point at how important this is to him and the game, so not too much to say, just deliver this plz. As open world RvR should be the most viable thing to do, and atm the most viable thing is to go into scenarios and quests while you wait. Nothing else can beat this in rewards, item drops in scenarios are better then in open world, exp is faster, reknown is much more.

Keeps

Keeps need a rethink, there needs to be far more reward for defending, currently it makes more sense to let the opposition take the keep and retake it later to get the loot. There is nothing that makes it worth spending time to defend, as you get more from taking a keep.

Also claiming keeps, should be more in line with DAoC, I still have not figured out how to claim a keep, even so I believe to know how to we were not able to. If guilds can claim keeps they might care about them, we did in DAoC and will show some pride in obtaining and defending them.
E.g. The keep we saw as ours we always took back if it was high jacked over night and had it always at highest level and defended it to last man standing.

BOs

BOs are a nice thought and should get some love, make them more exciting, more a matter and more rewarding. E.g. make it that a keep has additional defenders if BOs are not taken, so that to take a keep without all BOs first is near impossible. Make it happen that BOs are more challenging, let there be more NPCs interacting NPC etc.

Overall BOs should be a major part of the fun and I can see it be that way with a little bit improvement.

PvE

I must confess I enjoy RvR so much my PvE experience is very limited! I like what you have done here and think overall it works. I felt like in WoW which is a compliment, as imho WoW is the perfect solo player PvE experience. Nothing was ever as well done nor beat it yet.

Questing

Think you done excellent work here, tons of quests, well written and as fun as questing can be. Only possible improvement, implement some more epic feeling quest lines, just encountered very few so far.

PQs

Great idea, well done, but has a major fraud, you need people to do it and already on our server there are non! Often not always, but kind of makes it less fun if all you ever can do is farm the first stage as nobody there to do the rest.

- Scale them, if only one person there let the thing go through but at a weeker setting? prolly hard to do

- Make some single player PQs, staged quests which enable a solo player to have same experience, but soloable

Tome of Knowledge

Well done, by far the best quest tracker there is. Or to do it more justice PvE interface. Saying that still room for some improvement.

- Make the items usable, as in applying a different look or so, atm they useless items I keep in bank.
- Give fluffy things, like vanity pets, etc for major tome achievements, you could make people want to do this far more if they get something special from it.
- Get people to interact more with the tome, I still not have grasped it all, some quests taking you into all of its functionality would help there. Going further then the couple of quests in starter zone. As Tome got far more deepth but hard to get into.

Falling Damage

This is the single biggest joke in game, at lvl 29 my Sorc manages to apply some nice dps, but if I just could push someone up for 2 meter and let them fall I be really deadly, getting 4-8 k dmg from a fall of 2-3 meter height, you must be kidding!!!!

Crafting

Crafting is different in here, which is ok and has it pros and cons like anything nothing fundamentily wrong with this. But crafting feels very much like an afterthought, why am I saying this?

- No decay so if there ever will be equipment crafting there will be no real demand, same like in all games without decay, which leads to crafted items being never really needed. I believe you understood that, hence only implemented useable crafts, meaning potions and timed talismans will need continous replacement, hence can work in demand and supply system.

- Crafting is for many a major part of game enjoyment, there are lots of players who do nothing else. You are missing out on those and all of us miss out on what they supply to a community.

- Crafted armor and weapons should be the best gear and decay, which can lead to real ecconomies, there is a little known game called Gonzo, which has the best in game ecconomy and crafting system I ever saw. Wish some of you big companies would do something like it in a commercial game.

Ok could write much more but think this is enough. Hope to get some response from our CSR.

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
Dear CSR,

- Soloers: Simply saying the only reason people solo seems to me that they are able to get more reknown and exp for themselves, ensure that solo players get heavily penelised, this should be a team sport and not a possibility for a few understanding how to take benefit from game mechanics to exploid this. Simply if you not in the scenario grp, give them squat, nada, nichts, nothing! :)

lol? - i prefer solo - Absolutly ludicrous to penalise a person who pays a subscription to play a game perfectly within the boundaries of the game itself. It preference on playstyle thats all m8. Its no skin of your nose if someone is solo... doesnt give you any less fun with regards to how your playing your game.

If you do actually have a problem with someone who enjoys the challenge of operating solo as opposed to the challenge of grp play, then thats just well... laughable :) Dont make assumptions that people solo just for the extra rp. Trust me when solo it can go horribly wrong just as easy as it can go well.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Only a few faults with Senarios ?

The whole sen system is one big FAIL

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I'd spend a whole lot more time playing if they just binned scenarios and set up some battleground style zones instead, where people could zone straight in actually learn to play in groups instead of just zerg renown farming.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Soloers shouldn't be penilised but they shouldn't be able to get any more renown or experience than grouped people - making it more attractive to group (as it's easier/more fun).

Urrunoa

Fledgling Freddie
lol? - i prefer solo - Absolutly ludicrous to penalise a person who pays a subscription to play a game perfectly within the boundaries of the game itself. It preference on playstyle thats all m8. Its no skin of your nose if someone is solo... doesnt give you any less fun with regards to how your playing your game.

If you do actually have a problem with someone who enjoys the challenge of operating solo as opposed to the challenge of grp play, then thats just well... laughable :) Dont make assumptions that people solo just for the extra rp. Trust me when solo it can go horribly wrong just as easy as it can go well.

Imo Scenarios are about teams fighting teams, someone opting out of being part of that team, is kind of conterproductive. When you like to operate solo why not go solo somewhere where it not hurts the people who try to work as a team? :p

Urrunoa

Fledgling Freddie
I'd spend a whole lot more time playing if they just binned scenarios and set up some battleground style zones instead, where people could zone straight in actually learn to play in groups instead of just zerg renown farming.

think so too, that some kind of old frontiers / battlegrounds would do good, where people can go and open world RvR instead of the scenarios, but a lot is design dependend, if they make it more rewarding to open world RvR many will do it. As it is right now, best progression is go non stop scenarios and do the scenario quests in combo with it. Hence the behaviour.

Urrunoa

Fledgling Freddie
Soloers shouldn't be penilised but they shouldn't be able to get any more renown or experience than grouped people - making it more attractive to group (as it's easier/more fun).

Maybe not, but I think if you want promote group play it should be the most rewarding thing then you will see people grp. Point I trying to make is that lots of things going on in games is dependend on the design.

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
Imo Scenarios are about teams fighting teams, someone opting out of being part of that team, is kind of conterproductive. When you like to operate solo why not go solo somewhere where it not hurts the people who try to work as a team? :p

promoting grp play is fine - but not at the expense of solo'rs. Scenarios can accomodate both styles of play. So what if you get more xp/rp solo per kill? When solo you can quite literally only attack 1 target, where as a coherent grp can potentially take more than their own number. Therefore a grp can achieve individually more rp/xp than the solo player - it all depends on how the scenario gets played out. ive mainly always solo'd - very very rare ive topped the scenario chart at end of battle.

Game promotes online warfare - thats it - wether solo or grp is the prerogitive of the individual im afraid and saying anything other than that is counterproductive to the design of WAR. If a style of play is persistant in a game, then that game was obviously tailored to it aswell as other styles.
Simple as a, b, c :)
doesnt matter if its in a scenario or Orvr :)

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, in daoc, when someone got killed by people in a group, the rp's were distributed evenly (somewhat, according to their level/realm rank), then a 12.5% bonus was added for every person in the group. Meaning that a full group killing one person, each person in the group would get not 1/8 of what that person is worth solo, but 1/4. This promotes group play. Why this has not been implemented in war is a mystery tbh.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
And you think you will get any meaningful feedback on any of this from a CSR?

You have no idea how (game) companies work do you?

Getting feedback on more then one topic from a Customer Support monkey is like getting feedback on the UK foreign policy decisions over the past 20 years from Ricky Gervais; it'll be pointless but a hillarious read.

Aahhh .. I see what you did there.

Carry on.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved

If they want to solo then let them solo. Block them for SC grps and stop addons adding them to custom bars. No healing/buffs for them imo. See how long they last as real solo.

Toel

Loyal Freddie

Same.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
the problem with soloers are that they still expect support from the team they have chosen to seclude themselves from, still expect heals etc. If I played my healer often I refuse to heal anyone not in the scenario group.

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
the problem with soloers are that they still expect support from the team they have chosen to seclude themselves from, still expect heals etc. If I played my healer often I refuse to heal anyone not in the scenario group.

no... they dont ? :) - never seen anyone solo whine becuase they werent healed either. Thats just a lame random comment made to try and justify an otherwise silly statement of not letting players solo. You look silly saying this. You want what you said to be true so you have a foot to stand on - but reality is it just isnt lol.

Some people do heal when your solo - thats great i always try to throw my thanks in - i certainatly dont expect it and more often than not die and go run back - dont have a problem with it at all.

Seriously people all you lot looking to bash people for playing solo need to take a minute to consider it as a playstyle thats not interferying with anything you yourself are doing. Its so pathetic you make me laugh.

Not to mention then oh so very obvious fact that a class like a WH is simply not a very viable option in a grp due to its squishy nature. They have the same armour as a mage - but dont stand at the back - theyre more likely to be in the thick of it without any armour - you do the math :)

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
no... they dont ? :) - never seen anyone solo whine becuase they werent healed either. Thats just a lame random comment made to try and justify an otherwise silly statement of not letting players solo. You look silly saying this. You want what you said to be true so you have a foot to stand on - but reality is it just isnt lol.

Some people do heal when your solo - thats great i always try to throw my thanks in - i certainatly dont expect it and more often than not die and go run back - dont have a problem with it at all.

Seriously people all you lot looking to bash people for playing solo need to take a minute to consider it as a playstyle thats not interferying with anything you yourself are doing. Its so pathetic you make me laugh.

Not to mention then oh so very obvious fact that a class like a WH is simply not a very viable option in a grp due to its squishy nature. They have the same armour as a mage - but dont stand at the back - theyre more likely to be in the thick of it without any armour - you do the math :)

Ive seen it constantly on my server, people drop group and bitch in chat they are not getting healed,

Soloers are selfish people who only care about themselves, if you wanna solo go wonder round oRVR areas and look for fights, if you are playing scenarios then do what they intended and play AS A TEAM not a one man band, regardless of class.

Its just a pathetic excuse because you can get more xp/renown solo and thats all you care about. Its not a playstyle, and it does impact on everyone elses, they are struggling to play together, co-ordinate and win then you got one or two joe blogs who may as well just not be there running round just trying to farm kills, so please dont talk crap.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Ive seen it constantly on my server, people drop group and bitch in chat they are not getting healed,

Soloers are selfish people who only care about themselves, if you wanna solo go wonder round oRVR areas and look for fights, if you are playing scenarios then do what they intended and play AS A TEAM not a one man band, regardless of class.

Its just a pathetic excuse because you can get more xp/renown solo and thats all you care about. Its not a playstyle, and it does impact on everyone elses, they are struggling to play together, co-ordinate and win then you got one or two joe blogs who may as well just not be there running round just trying to farm kills, so please dont talk crap.

Im a runepriest. I heal. Solo or not, who ever it is - is still contributing to your team winning. I have health bars on my screen for everyone in the senario (im a genius I know)

Really...who the fuck cares ? I heal random soloers in Orvr ALL THE TIME. Just dont go in senarios if you hate it that much...oh wait..

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Hate what ? I dont hate it let them carry on but to try and justify selfish play as a valid playstyle or because 'my class isnt a good party clas' I mean cmon

It doesnt take a genius to work out that A) being in the group is better and beneficial for a number of reasons (group wide buffs ? aoe heals etc etc) and co-ordination and

b) people only go solo for their own selfish cause i.e. farming renown and XP

I dont hate it but I play the game as intended, as a group because its a team game and scenarios especially are geared towards playing as a team, its not a zone for everyone to go every man for themselves and farm renown.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Hate what ? I dont hate it let them carry on but to try and justify selfish play as a valid playstyle or because 'my class isnt a good party clas' I mean cmon

It doesnt take a genius to work out that A) being in the group is better and beneficial for a number of reasons (group wide buffs ? aoe heals etc etc) and co-ordination and

I dont hate it but I play the game as intended, as a group because its a team game and scenarios especially are geared towards playing as a team, its not a zone for everyone to go every man for themselves and farm renown.

Are you a healer ? No. A healer can, yes its true ! put all health bars of people in the senario on the secreen. I will heal ANYONE who is taking damage, I couldnt give a flying fuck if they are solo or not. If they are getting kills & causing damage - i see no problem. I would take a Soloer who has a clue over a zerging, oh sorry a "co-ordinating" group player any time.

Soloers are playing the game as intended, just like you - like it or not. Scenarios geared towards playing as a team ? dont make me laugh. A guild grp over vent - sure. But random Scenario players ? I think your playing a different game...

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Are you a healer ? No. A healer can, yes its true ! put all health bars of people in the senario on the secreen. I will heal ANYONE who is taking damage, I couldnt give a flying fuck if they are solo or not. If they are getting kills & causing damage - i see no problem. I would take a Soloer who has a clue over a zerging, oh sorry a "co-ordinating" group player any time.

Soloers are playing the game as intended, just like you - like it or not. Scenarios geared towards playing as a team ? dont make me laugh. A guild grp over vent - sure. But random Scenario players ? I think your playing a different game...

Well, as long as those soloers won't start designating parts of the ORVR zones as being for soloers and start whining about adding, I don't see any problem with soloers. (In the end that soloer mentality was really a cancer for DaoC)
For the few times I've played a healer, I healed soloers as well as group players. Then again, if those same soloers started whining about a lack of healing, I gladly started to ignore them...

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie

I think you need to take a chill pill. If you cant see why soloers are bad then I dont know what to tell you, for all intents and purposes you are playing scenarios to pit one team against another, to win ultimately. If some asshat drops group to go off and farm his own shit then he is a prick, and not a welcome member of my team, and when those faggots are finished farming their renown and XP and want IN the group I will and hope everyone else tells them to do one.

If this was football and Gerrard decided he was gonna 'run solo and see how much possesion he can farm Im sure the rest of his team would be pissed.

Just because its a pug doesnt mean you shouldnt try and co-ordinate, play together and ultimately win, its that single minded mememe attitude that leaves the game in the state its in, no realm pride, no commeraderie, just who can farm the most renown/xp the most efficiently, and that sucks, and yours and others attitudes towards it do little to illeviate the problem, in fact you encourage it.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I think you need to take a chill pill. If you cant see why soloers are bad then I dont know what to tell you, for all intents and purposes you are playing scenarios to pit one team against another, to win ultimately. If some asshat drops group to go off and farm his own shit then he is a prick, and not a welcome member of my team, and when those faggots are finished farming their renown and XP and want IN the group I will and hope everyone else tells them to do one.

If this was football and Gerrard decided he was gonna 'run solo and see how much possesion he can farm Im sure the rest of his team would be pissed.

Just because its a pug doesnt mean you shouldnt try and co-ordinate, play together and ultimately win, its that single minded mememe attitude that leaves the game in the state its in, no realm pride, no commeraderie, just who can farm the most renown/xp the most efficiently, and that sucks, and yours and others attitudes towards it do little to illeviate the problem, in fact you encourage it.

For a very big start - if your playing scenarios enough to let this type of shit bother you - quit now.

Your understanding of 2+2=4 is not what I think it is. Right... this evil soloer "farms" his renown & xp. How does he do this exactly ? Oh yes, he kills enemy players. It matters not if you are solo, in a grp, a small grp, duo, in a zerg. If you kill enemy players you help the team. You - yes you laddey ( well not you laddey :p) are only pissed because they get more renown & xp. You couldnt give a shit about this so called "co-ordinated" group play at all.

A Kill is a kill is a kill, all you care about is you didnt get any xp for said kill - the benfit to the scenario as a whole is THE SAME.

Ahm, if i need a chill pill, i'll pass over the bottle so you can down the lot. Your vehemency towards soloers shows either you lack of age, lack of experience, or more importantly lack of brain power to understand. I need a chill pill against idiocy, ive got a few infringments on FH-WAR using naughty words against well....

Oh and very poor analogies aside, midfielders are not supposed to go solo runs, thats why they have a forward/strikers position. Forwards can and do go on solo runs... and score lots of goals. In fact a striker who can go forward alone is a massive benefit to the team. Go google some top strikers.

*edit. as your new, just read through some of your posts. Total arrogance towards BWs too, im beginning to get the picture.

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie

You dont play the game as intended at all you arrogant :twak: ... you play it as you prefer to play it. The game was NOT designed to appease YOU. It does accomodate solo as a different playstyle so it is a viable option. Its down to personal preference - nobody loses out if people choose to solo! - how you cant see that is ridiculous. Pointless trying to put objective reasoning before you.. your one of them arrogant "my opinion is all that counts" types

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Sadly we are back to the good old days and good old arguments of DAoC.

Some peeps prefer solo. Some peeps want their opted group set up and some just want to run around with a mass of realm mates.

Surely the game should fit everyone ?

I ran a ranger in DAoC and often got a group - yet it was considered a solo class. I solo'd on a bard when I could not get a group (believe it or not there were a few times mainly cos I was so crap). I was simply happy to play the game as it came along and I never told anyone to play the game differently to the way they enjoyed it.

This is the same. If peeps want to solo then good for them. I much prefer the social side but not everyone is like that. I cannot find anything anywhere that says this game is for soloers, group huggys or zergers only.

If you are part of the zerg scene and want to win for the realm then heal the soloers as it does help. If you are a soloer then helping the group or zerg has its own benefits.

But lets not reduce ourselves to telling others that our choice and our preference is the only way to go.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Find 11 otherlike minded peeps. Make 2 groups and Join them together in the que. then split off into your solo play styles. Im sure 12 solo players will do well in a scenario.
Yes your playstyle in a scenario do affect it. 12 vrs 10 and 2 solo the 10 will have a harder time. If you want solo then Solo. Dont leach off team play.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Find 11 otherlike minded peeps. Make 2 groups and Join them together in the que. then split off into your solo play styles. Im sure 12 solo players will do well in a scenario.
Yes your playstyle in a scenario do affect it. 12 vrs 10 and 2 solo the 10 will have a harder time. If you want solo then Solo. Dont leach off team play.

solo or in a group - if you got no healers, your all dead anyway :)

basically, for a soloer to succeed they will need heals. any good healer will heal everyone, but if I see a solo BW dishing it out at the front, damn it im gonna heal him to the best of my ability. Its kinda like the hippocratic oath, only with renown :ninja:

Urrunoa

Fledgling Freddie
Quite funny your arguing about solo play so much, you completely lost the intent of this. Its about giving feedback what you think the state of the game is, but seeing some argue so much shows that getting the point about scenarios is not quite there.

Scenrios are team against team, whatever you talk, that is there design which ever side performs better as a team will win. On our server order understood that far more then my chosen side destro, who loves to be "individual", all fine, they often also love to whine they lose!

You loose if you not stick together, assist each other and function as a team. No single person can win against an assist team, no single person can be kept alive by a single healer, this game is designed as a team sport, anybody not having that part of it, sorry :)

So if you go into an Scenario and want to solo, you are hurting all those who want to win and play as a team against another team. If you go into there and play as a team, but solo, then your only intention can be to gain something you believe you would not when in the team, aka exp & reknown.

Of course, you can sit here continue to, I believe the right term is "Troll" and come not up with clear statements what you think the game is at. But that won't do anything to add to this.

So happy trolling if you like it, or maybe you come up with some suggestions and statements what you like about the game, where you see it shortages and what you think could be done to improve it, just my 2 cc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom