State of the Game

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I think you misinterpreted what I said.
In terms of percentage, the users on this forum have far more experience on how an RvR setting works than on WHA.
But fine, if you're so keen on seeing the general playerbase's idea about Soloing, do the same thing for what the general playerbase thinks about Bright Retards...(which you are so keen on defending in almost all threads)...

The thing is BW are quite easily perceived as OP and I can not fault people for just looking at themselves dying and looking at end of scenarios and thinking we are OP, its not true really but understandable. I will still defend them, because I play the class, I know what they are capable of and I know their weaknesses.

Cant understand people who would rather drop group than remain in their team in scenario's though and pass it off as their playstyle lol, nothing to do with xp/renown gain ofc :lol:

and again just because you played DAOC doesnt mean you know more about how rvr should work than others, I played RFO from release until recently, on both official EU and private servers, they had a 3 faction/territory control/constant war theme going on too, that mean I am an expert on how RvR should work ?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
The thing is BW are quite easily perceived as OP and I can not fault people for just looking at themselves dying and looking at end of scenarios and thinking we are OP, its not true really but understandable. I will still defend them, because I play the class, I know what they are capable of and I know their weaknesses.

Cant understand people who would rather drop group than remain in their team in scenario's though and pass it off as their playstyle lol, nothing to do with xp/renown gain ofc :lol:

and again just because you played DAOC doesnt mean you know more about how rvr should work than others, I played RFO from release until recently, on both official EU and private servers, they had a 3 faction/territory control/constant war theme going on too, that mean I am an expert on how RvR should work ?

Err no, it was another Zerg vs Zerg game, nothing to do with RvR skills soz dude _/
Download any 8vs8 or 1vs1 video from old Daoc school, see how long a fight lasts, the positioning, the use of cc etc, and you'll see what we mean for skills.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Err no, it was another Zerg vs Zerg game, nothing to do with RvR skills soz dude _/
Download any 8vs8 or 1vs1 video from old Daoc school, see how long a fight lasts, the positioning, the use of cc etc, and you'll see what we mean for skills.

guess you never played RFO, there was no zerg at anything other than the Chip wars and they were meant to be massive zergs, just like the DaoC keep sieges I have seen, zerg

Now the small scale co-ordinated fights in Settee Desert and Elan Plateu were no where near zerging, in fact I guarantee RFO took more 'skill' and co-ordination than daoc coz you couldnt kill anyone without focused fire from a couple of people (and for this you needed the right makeup of classes, spikers, sustained DPSers etc), there was no tab targeting, no assist trains none of that, it was all done through vent/chat and automatically clicking your target.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH

That's indeed what I meant.
No offense intended, Tiani, you may have played many MMO's, including some PvP based one's but I don't think that you played DaoC and that you've spent years doing RvR.
And that's the difference between the people at WHA (including you) and most people here at FH. Experience in RvR

Gahn

Resident Freddy
guess you never played RFO, there was no zerg at anything other than the Chip wars and they were meant to be massive zergs, just like the DaoC keep sieges I have seen, zerg

Now the small scale co-ordinated fights in Settee Desert and Elan Plateu were no where near zerging, in fact I guarantee RFO took more 'skill' and co-ordination than daoc coz you couldnt kill anyone without focused fire from a couple of people (and for this you needed the right makeup of classes, spikers, sustained DPSers etc), there was no tab targeting, no assist trains none of that, it was all done through vent/chat and automatically clicking your target.

Actually i played it with an ex daoc m8, got bored after 5 days ...
And in Daoc you couldn't kill jack shit in group vs group without a train, not the point, focusing fire is really the basics, even a PUG can do it after few shouts.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
That's indeed what I meant.
No offense intended, Tiani, you may have played many MMO's, including some PvP based one's but I don't think that you played DaoC and that you've spent years doing RvR.
And that's the difference between the people at WHA (including you) and most people here at FH. Experience in RvR

See post above, I have plently of RvR and RvRvR and pvp experience, I did play daoc a bit but I didnt like it to be honest so never really put much effort into it, I do notice this Daoc was THE rvr game if you didnt play it you know shit about pvp attitude in abundance though all over the places war is discussion, completely false.

RFO was one of THE most skilled RvR games I have ever played, it required masses of game knowledge, positioning, communication, individual skill, team skill etc etc

There was no tab targeting, there were no assit trains, no little tooltips telling you what class and level your enemy was, you had to just know those things, you have to memorize what each armour set looked like to determine level and class (one armour set for each base class over 3 factions, every 2 levels, there were a lot of armour sets)

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH

This proves you've seen nothing from the 8vs8 or 1vs1 fights in DaoC.
And about focusing fire? That's a basic in any (MMO)RPG. Even a monkey could learn that.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
See post above, I have plently of RvR and RvRvR and pvp experience, I did play daoc a bit but I didnt like it to be honest so never really put much effort into it, I do notice this Daoc was THE rvr game if you didnt play it you know shit about pvp attitude in abundance though all over the places war is discussion, completely false.

RFO was one of THE most skilled RvR games I have ever played, it required masses of game knowledge, positioning, communication, individual skill, team skill etc etc

There was no tab targeting, there were no assit trains, no little tooltips telling you what class and level your enemy was, you had to just know those things, you have to memorize what each armour set looked like to determine level and class (one armour set for each base class over 3 factions, every 2 levels, there were a lot of armour sets)

If you never put much effort in it, you don't know shit about DaoC. Daoc was a very complex game which required...game knowledge, positioning, communication, individual skill, team skill etc etc (nice, I didn't have to type that and just needed to copy paste).
Even creating an equipment template was near bloody science.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Actually i played it with an ex daoc m8, got bored after 5 days ...
And in Daoc you couldn't kill jack shit in group vs group without a train, not the point, focusing fire is really the basics, even a PUG can do it after few shouts.

Id love to see you co-ordinate a group of 8 people all to manually click on the right person and fire their skills off at the same time, it wasnt just about focus fire, you have to use certain skills and the right skills at the right time, you had to use the correct chargers, have the right class makup the right talic'd gear, there was 1 class on each faction that could effectively CC, and it was a short timed root. None of this mez kill mez kill crap that I have seen in these fabled daoc videos.

Duno how you can judge a game based on 5 days platyime, I guess that game is not very noob friendly however so lot of people lost interest in it, guess that would be why you never really got bad players at high levels, coz they literally couldnt get there.

Not saying daoc wasnt a good rvr game and took a lot of skill to play well (as do most games), but really, claiming you know more than the next person on how RvR should function because you played one game is arrogant.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Id love to see you co-ordinate a group of 8 people all to manually click on the right person and fire their skills off at the same time, it wasnt just about focus fire, you have to use certain skills and the right skills at the right time, you had to use the correct chargers, have the right class makup the right talic'd gear, there was 1 class on each faction that could effectively CC, and it was a short timed root. None of this mez kill mez kill crap that I have seen in these fabled daoc videos.

Duno how you can judge a game based on 5 days platyime, I guess that game is not very noob friendly however so lot of people lost interest in it, guess that would be why you never really got bad players at high levels, coz they literally couldnt get there.

Not saying daoc wasnt a good rvr game and took a lot of skill to play well (as do most games), but really, claiming you know more than the next person on how RvR should function because you played one game is arrogant.

Mez kill mez kill.
See, you didn't even know about realm abilities which...cancelled a mez...you don't know about immunity timers either.
Then you have to take into account swing times/casttimes, interrupts, etc...
CC was more than just mez. There was mez, stun, root, snare, nearsight.
I mean, having to contend with at least 5 forms of CC is slightly more difficult than preparing only for being rooted on a short timer.
In Daoc RvR, people effectively needed to work as a team.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Mez kill mez kill.
See, you didn't even know about realm abilities which...cancelled a mez...you don't know about immunity timers either.
Then you have to take into account swing times/casttimes, interrupts, etc...
CC was more than just mez. There was mez, stun, root, snare, nearsight.
I mean, having to contend with at least 5 forms of CC is slightly more difficult than preparing only for being rooted on a short timer.
In Daoc RvR, people effectively needed to work as a team.

yes and using your limited one cc ability to great effect also took a great deal of teamplay and timing tactics.

You see it works both ways ? RFO is a funny game, you cant really explain what it was like unless you have played it properly, but please dont think it was some zerg v zerg game because it wasnt, not even close. As I said out of all the games I have played (pretty much every MMO to be released in the last 10 years, I tried them all, even the shitty F2P ones, hell I played ragnarok :p)

it required the most skill out of all of them.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
yes and using your limited one cc ability to great effect also took a great deal of teamplay and timing tactics.

You see it works both ways ? RFO is a funny game, you cant really explain what it was like unless you have played it properly, but please dont think it was some zerg v zerg game because it wasnt, not even close. As I said out of all the games I have played (pretty much every MMO to be released in the last 10 years, I tried them all, even the shitty F2P ones, hell I played ragnarok :p)

it required the most skill out of all of them.

Ah yeh cause it was all down to mezz :p
Anyway we can agree to disagree, point was, let's not try to force playstyles over people.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Ah yeh cause it was all down to mezz :p
Anyway we can agree to disagree, point was, let's not try to force playstyles over people.

/seconded
Although that's what was being said for the last 3 pages or something before we got sidetracked on the DaoC debate

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
no one does try to force playstyles on anyone though either :p I dont sit in a sceario screaming at the soloers for being lame ass f*ckers, I just dont like it personally. I dont try to MAKE them group up, I just find it selfish thats the only point I was making through out this whole thread, and it got blown totally out of propertion and misinterpreted as something else entirely.

I like the Daoc debate, lets talk about more games!! Anyone ever played Archlord ? god that game sucked!

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
well I think its selfish that you think Im selfish for thinking its selfish!:england:

Zede

Part of the furniture
Tiani, a lot of ppl on here have years of rvr experience.

and i mean real years in just rvr. :ninja:

well tbh i think i was something like 144 days played on kairamar :m00:

ps, it took about 100 days of that to get the lord title thingy ( you will find lots have here) id be very very surprised if your still playing WAR after 100 days played in just rvr

opps edit. ive been on this board for 4 years and ive never given anyone negative rep, and on FH we have had some very heated discussions, believe me.

really.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Back to the soloer discussion.

Well, people like to solo and that's fair. Even in scenarios, a kill is a kill regardless where it comes from. If you don't condole their actions, don't heal em, don't assist em etc etc.

At least in daoc, soloing was all about to test yourself, fuck rps, just go in for a good fight, feel the adrenaline pumping. At the end of the day, we all know that back then, soloing sucked for rps, a zergling could make a hell of a lot more just by camping a bridge for 30 mins than a soloer could make in 5 hours (and still no guarantee for that).

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Played RFO and DAoC a lot, often in the same day and tbh RFO was a very simple shiney-shiney game, sorry, but thats what it was. Not saying it was a bad game, i liked it, but imo you can't compare in to DAoC for pvp, it's not even a close run thing.

If you want to talk pvp and strategy, imo Planetside was a far far better game than RFO and DAoC.

Marc

FH is my second home
Tiani, a lot of ppl on here have years of rvr experience.

and i mean real years in just rvr. :ninja:

well tbh i think i was something like 144 days played on kairamar :m00:

ps, it took about 100 days of that to get the lord title thingy ( you will find lots have here) id be very very surprised if your still playing WAR after 100 days played in just rvr

opps edit. ive been on this board for 4 years and ive never given anyone negative rep, and on FH we have had some very heated discussions, believe me.

really.

You did threaten to get some mates and shoot me irl though :D

I would have preferred negative rep tbh mate :D

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
I solo, or group with just my friends in scenarios.

I don't ever expect to be healed or rezzed when solo, but I find that I get healed/rezzed more when I'm solo than when I'm grouped. Perhaps because the healers see that I'm going out on a limb to try and ensure victory.

You want to know why I solo? Because I'm sick and fucking tired of people yelling out orders like they knew even an ounce of tactics, or think they're some kind of hot shot because they've played and won a scenario or two.

I'm also sick and tired of brats like yourself trying to force your selected playstyle down my throat as holy gospel with nonsense like "intended playstyle" etc. Same reason I've left every general chat and even scenario chat - so I don't have to listen to this inane rubbish that frankly ruins my gameplay a lot more than me not being grouped in a scenario.

How's this for breaking the so-called mold that you put us all in? I go out on a limb doing the scenario objectives - even though they're not rewarding in themselves. I take long ways around to flank and pinch (you do know what this is, right?) our enemies to ensure victory rather than take the easy way out and just stand in the middle of a dual tetsudo clash like a headless chicken.

Oh, and I always help healers vs attackers - even if it means I get myself killed.

You want to call me selfish? Go ahead, I couldn't care less. If I happen to get more xp than you it just means I've done a good job. If I did a poor job I wouldn't get the freebie xp/rp you get in a group - I'd end up at 0 (+ whatever bonus at the end, which is bound to be low since we've probably lost - which has happened about once every ten scenarios.)

So there you have it. I, among other soloers, play solo because of people like you.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
At least in daoc, soloing was all about to test yourself

So THATS why all the soloers had perfect templates, buffbots, twinks, pots, several hundred weapons to swap-out and every other possible game advantage in existance...yes...challenging indeed ;)

Zede

Part of the furniture
You did threaten to get some mates and shoot me irl though :D

I would have preferred negative rep tbh mate :D

I believe it was get some homies round and pop some caps in your ass, get it right you fool ! Im talking marcellus wallace type takin out here marc.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
So THATS why all the soloers had perfect templates, buffbots, twinks, pots, several hundred weapons to swap-out and every other possible game advantage in existance...yes...challenging indeed ;)

Well Bots were a requirements and pots not that hard to buy for every1, as for the perfect template .. well not all of us :p

Gear

Can't get enough of FH

Yeap, cause you had to try to maximise what was given out to you. Perfect template? Not like you could top up everything (I had only 6% cold resists on the NS).

BBs? Everyone and his dog had one. Hunderd weapons? I only had 21 on the shade.

Testing your limits doesn't mean doing it without effort. Also if I may point out, we were looking for similar enemies, once that were also doing the same thing, so it all evens out.

Then again if a few zerglings were just thinking that numbers could substitute everything and they were just going out for it... not our fault if they were making us look good ;)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Yeap, cause you had to try to maximise what was given out to you. Perfect template? Not like you could top up everything (I had only 6% cold resists on the NS).

BBs? Everyone and his dog had one. Hunderd weapons? I only had 21 on the shade.

Testing your limits doesn't mean doing it without effort. Also if I may point out, we were looking for similar enemies, once that were also doing the same thing, so it all evens out.

Then again if a few zerglings were just thinking that numbers could substitute everything and they were just going out for it... not our fault if they were making us look good ;)

Well, i was kinda kidding, and it's taking things off topic, but oh well.

Very few solo players sought out even fights, the vast majority went for soft targets and easy kills and i don't know of many so-called soloers who didn't zerg and gank his ass off to a decent RR, then suffer selective amnesia about how he had attained that level when he/she began QQing at others for doing the same now he/she was a holier-than-thou soloer now they had reached RR7+.

Sod all challenge killing a RR1 mage on a RR10 assassin and the hypocrasy and blinkered arrogance of many of DAoC's "soloers" was legendary.

Not saying all were like this, but the vast, vast majority on the EU cluster were.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Well, i was kinda kidding, and it's taking things off topic, but oh well.

Very few solo players sought out even fights, the vast majority went for soft targets and easy kills and i don't know of many so-called soloers who didn't zerg and gank his ass off to a decent RR, then suffer selective amnesia about how he had attained that level when he/she began QQing at others for doing the same now he/she was a holier-than-thou soloer now they had reached RR7+.

Sod all challenge killing a RR1 mage on a RR10 assassin and the hypocrasy and blinkered arrogance of many of DAoC's "soloers" was legendary.

Not saying all were like this, but the vast, vast majority on the EU cluster were.

Or a RR 10 socr with a DI bot sticking his ass using a ML 9 pet and MOC to kill at character levelling in the frontiers, not now and then but entire nights, day after day...everyone remember Horner? :p

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie

not if you have a theurgist of win :)

@ soloer discussion:- I end up running around on my own because i seem to be one rare example of someone who understands the objective of the scenario.
This does tend to lead to inversely affecting the outcome but hey, if the masses want to get spawn camped then thats how the game needs to be played amirite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom