State of the game and Prydwen

atos

Fledgling Freddie
The current state of Prydwen is even worse now than like 1 month ago. I just logged on and did a solo RvR run. And as usual that ended in a 3+ vs 1 situation. The game as it is now isn't a multiplayer game. It's more like a singleplayer where you encounter player mobs like once or twice each hour.

Is an multiplayer game supposed to be this way?

Sure DAoC isn't meant to be a solo game. Especially not with the stealther classes which could kill any other class on an equal basis. But what if you don't even have enough people online who knows what to do and how to play their class? The only choise is either to solo or afk or PvE which this game is obviously the best choise for if you take a look at the next expansion. And finaly the most logical choise, log cancel your account and do something better with your time, until the day developers starts listening to the sane player, and not to the one who has the highest postcount in a forum.

Another question I ask myself is: is this really worth paying money for? When I could go to an opensource server with insta lvl 50, SC, ToA and everything it would take me months to fix on a server I pay to play on? A place where the RvR zones are practicly swarming with players. I could accept it, if it was a game like the original Diablo, were you didn't pay anything to play online.

The blatant state of stealthers removes even the small feelings I had left for the game. So I'd like to say thanks to a few stealthers, you know who you are, for making my final decision easier. You wont see me online for another couple of weeks, perhaps I'll be back to try catacombs but I most likely wont. If you see me ingame the percentage of that being the real me and not someone else is non-existant.

And a word of advice for the rest of the players who are still stuck in the game. Move to opensource servers. Goa is the worst company I've ever had the misfortune to come across during my years of playing online games.

Nothing against Mythic, they have done a great job, except for the release of Trials of Atlantis and Catacombs.

I will see some of you at the meeting in London which I look forward to with expectation.

Bye for now.

Yours sincerely

Trollum

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I couldn't agree more on the valid points of your posts. I only wish GOA would merge Prydwen and Excalibur, the reason is obvious. If there only was a way to make GOA see that :(

I guess I'm stuck between two games atm. WoW which I don't like and DAoC which I would like to like again ^^

Cya in London btw!

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
im fed up with this situation as well, and ive had several hours of thinking, what on earth happened to this game.. or.. was it like that always?

im not sure any more.

anyway, the biggest problem started with releasing ToA.. when l33t, oldschool players got the power to defeat 4+ enemies at the same time while soloing.. we know gladric, and even if he's extreme, its not hard to believe a well-equipped toa sced high skilled player can easily kill 3+ SI sced, low RR players.. for the low rr, poor players, they had one choice: zerg. class balancing totally flew out of mythic's hands, there are mountains between lvl 50 player and lvl 50 player.. to solve this problem, they've created New Frontiers. the simple idea of the NF is just to remove the 1 on 1 from the game, instead of balancing it.. and i dont have much hope in Cata.. this oppinion stinks, but if Mythic doesnt want solo fights, i have no idea what could we do.. the only solution seemed to be to organize the fights.
Mythic response: ban/warnings.
somebody high up should really think about the situation of the european costumers(not sure whats the situ at US), or this game is cursed, and gonna lose lots of players.. because of this, and not because of wow.. its a bigger problem imo.
sorry for writing so long, but id really miss this good ol' game..

Jjuraa

Banned
from what i could make out, the only way the US players got their opinions heard by Mythic etc was to zerg the HQ, make it an official meeting kind of thing. im not particulaly keen on going all the way over there but if someone wants to you might actually get somewhere.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
the whole waiting till after catacombs to consider giving pryd as a whole pop bonuses seems very strange
we need them now, pryd has a tiny population on every realm, sure give the hibs more underpop bonus, but everyone needs it NOW, take it away when catas comes if you need to, but the server numbers are dropping at the moment not raising, so act now not later...
and there is no way with the current state of rvr on pryd that guilds will be able to keep hold of keeps at a reasonable level for long

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Jjuraa's Signature said:
[19:11:44] <Hurricane|WOW> warcraft was here before LOTR so what im saying is LOTR took things from warcraft
rofl.. hope he was kidding xDD

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
but the server numbers are dropping at the moment not raising
Logged in, my friendlist was empty apart from Carpp, did like 10 /who with guilds I know I have/had friends in, no hit at all. Then did a /who and it was 179. Ah, ofc it was bloody prime time. I remember 1 year ago it was 600+ sometimes and I was so fekin upset with it, now I would be happy with 600+ ppl. In every realm, not on the whole server.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
I couldn't agree more on the valid points of your posts. I only wish GOA would merge Prydwen and Excalibur, the reason is obvious. If there only was a way to make GOA see that :(

I guess I'm stuck between two games atm. WoW which I don't like and DAoC which I would like to like again ^^

Cya in London btw!

I have a similar problem, i cant get into WoW, i just dont see the attraction of it tbh apart from it being a new experience. However im finding daoc to be quite annoying too right now but id really like to carry on playing. I took both my accounts off auto-renew, im hoping i have a reason to carry on playing by the end of the month else i guess its finished for me.

Its become clear that GOA are going to wait until after catacombs before even considering anything. If its been promoted like they say (im still yet to see anything) i guess things might recover nicely to a reasonable state. 1-1.5k people on ther server is a nice amount i think.

I try not to be critical of GOA cos i think they've run the game well in general but i really think they've let us down with the english servers. The french\german servers seem to still be fine even after WoW despite there being many more servers to choose from. They sound like they are trying to make ammends now with regards to marketing it better but we're still in a situation where virtually no shops have it stocked or even know what the game is. I get the feeling they aren't too bothered if the English servers die as long as their other euro ones are doing well. Im sure if the french servers were hitting 500-600 prime time, there would be alot more effort going in to reassure the players that something would be done.

As for server merging\clustering, i think its exactly whats needed, would boost numbers nicely and i think we'd all have alot more fun if that took place. Unfortunately i think they'd rather have prydwen falling apart than have to deal with issues arrising from only having one english server to choose from.

Bit of a negative post but we're not exactly getting any encouragement. Things could well be alot better in a months time, guess we will have to see.

Orenthal

Can't get enough of FH
The clustering between Prydwen and Excal might just save it, since the RvR might come back to a good level, but I guess we will just have to see.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Only thing you can do if you don't want to zerg the HQ is to cancel your account. WoW is actually pretty nice, atleast the enviorments.. even though I don't like the questing part of the game I enjoy exploring the areas and just run around in a state of astonishment.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Move to a highpop server, be it german or not!
Problem solved... when i played pryd in NF i was so bored it was unbelievable.
Quit the game for 3 - 4 months.. Then played some with Nocturne on Hib/Avalon and tbh, i've never had so much fun in NF ever.
NF on a high population server is really really fun.
And, on avalon the lowbie 10fg zergs are mostly at keeps etc and the groups that wants fg v fg fights and such are roaming around.

Lots of FG action, no having to go to keeps/towers to get rps. :clap:

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
zebolt he was serious :)

and besides not to be rude to goa but comeon now when have they made a decesion that have been good for prydwen :). strangly i recall some years back around si release we had major server lag on prydwen. everyone was posting about it and moaning about it strangly we where one of the smallest realms then they didnt have the same problem on excalibur at that time yee i wonder if its cause prydwen ppl take more server powah then excal or ^^. regarding now on prydwen situation i think its strange that gm´s or goa dont take care of there costumers more maybe cause they read our forum nag and figure we have this ppl paying us now for 3 years + why should we care ppl come and ppl go but really 500 ppl on primetime .... Why dont we get any information regarding what is going to happen we should deserve it i mean 12x12euro x 3 years + expansions + second accs or even third accounts for that matter.

Why cant gm´s answer this threads and why cant we get some info. throw us a freaking bone here.

Please silleh goa :) all this whine threads and pop cutbacks must be disturbing for the big bling bling you lot making from us :)?

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Luona said:
Why cant gm´s answer this threads and why cant we get some info. throw us a freaking bone here.

because they have absolutely no clue what to do.

(no offense, im just desperate)

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
Another problem with clustering pryd with Excal is that Excal still have alot of players on it. So we would get a big zergy server. Maybe cluster pryd with some lowpopulated german/french server? Language would be a problem though.

I can understand the whine about ToA, it's a pain to get through it. With one char it's ok, but having to PvE for months just so you can play an alt in RvR is silly.

NF is not bad, it's actually good. But only on a high populated server. On low populated servers 95% of the frontiers are just empty. :mad:

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
People online atm:
Prydwen - 521
Camlann - 504
Excalibur - 1187

Alot of people have left prydwen (as you can see!) alot for WoW but also many players have left for higher populated servers like Avalon.

Edit: There's only 3 servers with less than 1k ppl online atm, and they are:
Prydwen, Camlann, Carnac (French server). Rest have 1k+ online atm.

So Prydwen + Carnac?!? :m00:

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Carnac was the new server too so low pop on that is to be expected, but not on Pryd. 2am do /who in mid and it you get 15-20 or so people, I remember doing /who all at 2am a year ago and getting 220 results and even thinking that was low!

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Most excal players dont want to cluster so they wont do it unless they realy hve 2 i guess. They will at least w8 to see if cata brings people back.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
The best thing they could do is /charcopy and make English/French/German interface to all server so shouldn't have to check every 2nd word in dictionary when I'm on Ava. ;)

Martok

Part of the furniture
Killerbee said:
The best thing they could do is /charcopy and make English/French/German interface to all server so shouldn't have to check every 2nd word in dictionary when I'm on Ava. ;)

You got it tbh.

I dont think mythic will cluster excal + pry tbh they dont give a flying monkies about us if they did they would have fixxed prys lag problem and sorted out sumthing with pry's population a long time ago. pry has always had a low pop but now its just rediculious we are at the level on camlann 5-600 ppl on max.....

Time for hoping GoA will fix it is over time we take the action. just i have no idea what type of action we could take.

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Luona said:
zebolt he was serious :)

and besides not to be rude to goa but comeon now when have they made a decesion that have been good for prydwen :). strangly i recall some years back around si release we had major server lag on prydwen. everyone was posting about it and moaning about it strangly we where one of the smallest realms then they didnt have the same problem on excalibur at that time yee i wonder if its cause prydwen ppl take more server powah then excal or ^^. regarding now on prydwen situation i think its strange that gm´s or goa dont take care of there costumers more maybe cause they read our forum nag and figure we have this ppl paying us now for 3 years + why should we care ppl come and ppl go but really 500 ppl on primetime .... Why dont we get any information regarding what is going to happen we should deserve it i mean 12x12euro x 3 years + expansions + second accs or even third accounts for that matter.

Please silleh goa :) all this whine threads and pop cutbacks must be disturbing for the big bling bling you lot making from us :)?

Why can't the GM's answer these threads? Possibly because we have been answering the same questions with the same answers for the last 6 weeks. Clustering IS being looked at however we can't even consider doing it until Patch 1.74 as the ability to do so hasn't even been released to us by Mythic. Believe it or not we do actually give a damn, we play on these servers as well and we have been doing our best to keep people informed when we get the information, however there are only so many times you can answer the same question. We have been saying since clustering came out in the US that there is NOTHING we can do until Mythic release the patches to us, and the YES options are being looked at. We can't wave a magic wand and fix all the problems and concerns that are brought to us, believe me I wish we could as it's the three GMs who are taking all the abuse on this.

If you do a search for the clustering threads over the past month, one of us (usually Requiel) has replied -at least- once, per thread.

As far as things like ignoring posts on lag... don't know how many times we've said it but I'll say it again, these boards are NOT official in any way we DO NOT provide support via whine threads on an unofficial forum. If you have problems ping plot it, send it to us via RightNow so we can document it and that way we can either forward it to our own network guys and kick them if it is from our end OR we can gather PROOF for the other companies who are responsible for the parts of the internet we have no control over.

Look, we choose to be present on these boards it isn't a job requirement for us to answer anything here, we do it because we want to keep everyone as informed as we can and to be helpful and 90% of the time we get flamed for it... that doesn't leave a lot of motivation to come back.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
Zenythe said:
Why can't the GM's answer these threads? Possibly because we have been answering the same questions with the same answers for the last 6 weeks. Clustering IS being looked at however we can't even consider doing it until Patch 1.74 as the ability to do so hasn't even been released to us by Mythic. Believe it or not we do actually give a damn, we play on these servers as well and we have been doing our best to keep people informed when we get the information, however there are only so many times you can answer the same question. We have been saying since clustering came out in the US that there is NOTHING we can do until Mythic release the patches to us, and the YES options are being looked at. We can't wave a magic wand and fix all the problems and concerns that are brought to us, believe me I wish we could as it's the three GMs who are taking all the abuse on this.

If you do a search for the clustering threads over the past month, one of us (usually Requiel) has replied -at least- once, per thread.

As far as things like ignoring posts on lag... don't know how many times we've said it but I'll say it again, these boards are NOT official in any way we DO NOT provide support via whine threads on an unofficial forum. If you have problems ping plot it, send it to us via RightNow so we can document it and that way we can either forward it to our own network guys and kick them if it is from our end OR we can gather PROOF for the other companies who are responsible for the parts of the internet we have no control over.

Look, we choose to be present on these boards it isn't a job requirement for us to answer anything here, we do it because we want to keep everyone as informed as we can and to be helpful and 90% of the time we get flamed for it... that doesn't leave a lot of motivation to come back.

i m sad i joined pryd 3 years ago , u left us in a ghost server.

u should start to look for new job irl , english servers keeps dieing day per day.

This is an offically whine , read FH imo , 80 % of english daoc users read these forums. les Right now , more read here . U did great job in past, now this totally sucks. NF is too much big for prydwen.

Martok

Part of the furniture
Zenythe said:

Yes you reply yes you get abused because this comunity has been holding out dear hopes and have listened to you gm's for 3 years promising us stuff and it used to be delivered but since toa daoc has gone down i personaly loved the expansion but i was a PvE whore @ the time others think it destroyed the game, tbh i do think ToA is largly to blame to alot of the recent problems because it wasnt what was needed but this is a past argumnet. the point is you are working for GoA @ the time were the comunity feel we are being neglected. tbh your fed up of getting whined @ we are fed up of whinning fair enough you cant speed up what mythic giv you but what you can do is help us improve the state of the comunity.

Make RvR orinantaited Events envolving all 3 realm's look @ the situation on the server look @ /who and locations of the ppl in all 3 realms and look @ who are having the problems in RvR due to active players.

These are things you should be looking at and trying to sort tbh ok you can cluster the server's till later and from what ive heard there arnt plans to cluster pry when it comes anyway. IF this is true (which i realy Hope it isnt) we need to find another way to get UK servers pops back up.

yes they were never the largest servers in your revenue but atm they are the ones having the most trouble. Work with us make us feel things are moving forwards keep us regualy updated im just running off ideas here.

Work with us we work with you end of the day we both want daoc to continue you for a pay cheuqe us for entertainment, so to acheive this we need muteral co-operation + infomation.

Martoks 2 cents "again" ^^

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
The slow patching of euro servers has always bin a problem imo. Maybe something should be done about it oO. Not blaiming any GM for anything, but everyone recognise's there's a huge problem with population atm on prydwen (and some other servers). If it takes more month's Prydwen will die out eventually. The cry out of players against GM's is ofcourse you have better way's to actually do something about it then us. I could send a message to RightNow about lack of population or Lag issue's (which is the least of my worry's atm tbh), but i know what the repley would be. I apprieciate the posting of GM's here, but if i read them is the same politik answer over and over again. Whilst nothing is beeing done (we cant do anything untill patches arrive, etc, etc) prydwen will die out. If there's nothing GM's can do about it then we (the paying customers) would like to know, so we at least know where we stand at this point. Which maybe is quit, move to another server (but think most players cba leveling/ML'ing or getting arti's again) or w8 6 more months till patch 1.74 comes out.

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't think it's fair to flame the GM's, and I am thankful that they still post stuff on the forums.

But there's obviusly a problem with Prydwen at the moment. I don't know what GoA is planning but you need to make Prydwen more attractive (somehow Oo) to new players and to players from other servers.

Excalibur have survived the big numbers of people that left DAoC and is doing fine at the moment. Prydwen has not. I know there's not much you can do, you can't employ 100 people to play on the server but what I think most people mean is: Give us more updates, let us know what's happening. What are your plans after Catacombs? Will you leave prydwen like it is atm? etc.

Anyway, I'm happy with playing DAoC on Prydwen atm, I didn't like WoW anyway so I'm not whining, although it would be nice with more players on the server :wub:

Edit for the interested:
Players online at the moment:
Camlann - 503
Prydwen - 534
Excalibur - 1106

Avalon - 1696

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Please don't make my "quit" thread a whine thread. Thank you.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Zenythe said:

what about doing something about the low population on EVERY realm on prydwen by giving all servers underpop bonuses, esp for bp costs, new players need to be encouraged to play on prydwen
and there is no way pryd can keep paying rent costs for towers and keeps with the current rvr level

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
well i played the game to play with friends and since wow i have none left on prydwen
i have kept account open but when you log in and see noone you know playing and i even said hi in my guild last time got one reply used to get 20+
doac is a multiplayer game and without peeps to play with becomes very dull
i have nothing really left to achieve that i can solo all artis are lvl 10 apart from one so i can;t even lvl artis
being a friar in nf is just so sad die to full groups of high rr's or shot to peices by rangers/hunters so for me its game over i think
but to be fair 3 yrs solid playing one game and having lots of fun is good
never before have a played a game that long and i doubt i will again
yes im playing wow atm but i can't seriosuly see me lasting 3 yrs on wow
overall i loved doac the community and the rvr and ofc the flames on fh
met some great people who i can now call friends ....
loved being a friar even though albion didnt like them <luckily for me i had good friends in game>
i'll still check back from time to time to say hello to peeps but i feel doac as finally run its course on prydwen
and to those who say reroll to another server,my god it took me ages to get my character to even a semi decent standard and i sure dont have the time to start all over again
anyhow cya at the meet
deepfried

Profion

Fledgling Freddie
They should do so you dindt need to pay for this game, if they did that alot of people would play again and when the server cluster thingy is done and the server have a god population they could start take money frome the players again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom