State of the game and Prydwen

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
i dont see "server bonuses" as the way to go, they need either to merge or to bring new blood to the game

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
Rami said:
Another problem with clustering pryd with Excal is that Excal still have alot of players on it. So we would get a big zergy server. Maybe cluster pryd with some lowpopulated german/french server? Language would be a problem though.
French on the lowest populated server dont want merge at all, and they have stated it clearly (lowest pop. french server has more ppl than Prydwen).

This is something I have never understood with english servers - at a time everybody on excal/prydwen was asking for a 3d server, and I wont comment the constant classic flame threads about goa not making job properly blablabla. Things like Toa or X killed the game is pointless as well.
Why not face it for once ? German or French servers have way more population than english, they are customers like us, but min. 4x the number. So they get listened more. English servers have hard cap nowaday with 2k players.

Lets wait for Catacombs, maybe we will get cluster with another server and I am particularly waiting on account transfer, as I cba making back another toon on another server.

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
Also I must add that today, my guild on Prydwen have met back 5 members, so .. the side effect of other mmorpg is hopefully vanishing.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
This is something I have never understood with english servers - at a time everybody on excal/prydwen was asking for a 3d server, and I wont comment the constant classic flame threads about goa not making job properly blablabla. Things like Toa or X killed the game is pointless as well.

We pay and like to play aswell? More numbers doesnt mean you have more rights or get listen too better.

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
i dont see "server bonuses" as the way to go, they need either to merge or to bring new blood to the game

that was just Elen's suggestion to fix it in the short run - dont have to call it bonuses either but the bp prices really needs to be adjusted according to server population, its like having everyone work for £3/hr with a beer costing £50 :(

Jjuraa

Banned
merge us with camlann XD ive always wanted to have my paladins template/RR on that server. but no way i cba to level there

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Profion said:
They should do so you dindt need to pay for this game, if they did that alot of people would play again and when the server cluster thingy is done and the server have a god population they could start take money frome the players again.

As good as this may sound its probably very unrealistic :/

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
Jjuraa said:
merge us with camlann XD ive always wanted to have my paladins template/RR on that server. but no way i cba to level there

I know that was a joke but if they would do that it'd be /quit for me :m00:

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Bit poleaxed atm. There's a lot of people still playing who had/have no intention of leaving the server/game, who will do soon unless something is done. Personally, I'm still having fun playing....just started to lvl some alts for the first time in like 3yrs, I would like to play em, and looking forward to taking em out and getting some fights...but pointless bothering on a dead server.

I cba to play another server, have no interest in WoW (or anyother MMORPG), took 3yrs to get a 2nd 50th....u will lose ur most loyal player base unless u do something.

Anyhow, prolly not not really GM's fault what happens...sales and marketing will determine what happens to prydwen (better to code all this clustering shit or lose the remaining 400 players on a whiny server when all the other EU servers going strong?).

Mael, 50th ment.

Funkybunny

Banned
my 5 steps to gain more players:

1. order an ad in a big game-magazine (maybe in UK since they are pretty big)
2. give a ONE MONTH free si-subscription on that account
3. put up a Gold'n'glory type npc in si-main-citys where accounts that dont have /level on it can go visit once and get like 1-10gold to make it easier to start out.
4. get some "assistants" player active, wich helps out new players into this world, wich means get em to type /Advice or whatever it is and help out with basic questions.
5. do lowbee events where you can max be lvl 20 to enter about 1 week after the big ad-launch had been.

just my 2 cents.. :p

Funkybunny

Banned

3. put up a Gold'n'glory type npc in si-main-citys where accounts that dont have /level on it can go visit once and get like 1-10gold to make it easier to start out.
4. get some "assistants" player active, wich helps out new players into this world, wich means get em to type /Advice or whatever it is and help out with basic questions.
5. do lowbee events where you can max be lvl 20 to enter about 1 week after the big ad-launch had been.

Hansemann

Fledgling Freddie
I think I have seen wtf m8s I canceled my acc posts before.
didnt have to think twice myself when the better alterative showed up.

edit: durnk posting

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:

These are kinda reasonable "steps" :)

Gamah

Banned
Negotiate with mythic to allow the purchase of CD keys and the downloading of the game online.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
ROFL, bonuses. That's just far too late now, you could even give a 1/200%/100 to all Prydwen realms and it wouldn't work. They could have been used to stop or slow the exodus, but instead they were used to punish the existing population. Dead topic tbh.

Get over it, unless some RL marketing masterpiece will bring thousands english-only speaking players, or some new patch will do the same for many old players, no way the server will gain back what it lost. We better adapt to low population and stop whining, there is nothing else we can do - or reroll elsewhere, another server or another game, like our guild mates did.

And a small hint for GoA: this isn't the english server. This is the server for those that don't speak german or french, or prefere to speak english for various reasons, or speak only english. Most of us have no problems in rerolling to a french or german server, and I think we showed you the effect of this, but some can't.

Please, consider ways to let those that are forced to play only pryd and exc to play in german and french servers too, there must be a way so the language you receive quests info, delves and lists is the same as the client and not as the server. This would also give more chances to those not speaking english from the other servers, including italians and spanish that will join with the new servers.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Yma said:
And a small hint for GoA: this isn't the english server. This is the server for those that don't speak german or french, or prefere to speak english for various reasons, or speak only english. Most of us have no problems in rerolling to a french or german server, and I think we showed you the effect of this, but some can't.

Please, consider ways to let those that are forced to play only pryd and exc to play in german and french servers too, there must be a way so the language you receive quests info, delves and lists is the same as the client and not as the server. This would also give more chances to those not speaking english from the other servers, including italians and spanish that will join with the new servers.

You'd be surprised how many germans are playing on Prydwen. I've met a lot even though I was not looking for them... and it is not that I don't like to speak german, in contrary. Btw. english server only means that english is the official language on the server. I don't have any problems typing something german here, it's not getting filtered out or anything like that. ;)

And I don't know that you are "forced" to play on an english server. You'll surely find enough players on german servers that can speak english and will gladly help you out... although a large amout of players are still greedy arrogant selfish ... well I'd better not continue that. Still when you play on a foreign language server, you should be open to learn at least a little bit of another language. Otherwise it can't work. ;)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
e.g. angels of darkness is a 100% hungarian clan.. playing on an english server :)

well, "been playing" - FU WOW..

Zede

Part of the furniture
Give Char -Copy or Merger with a larger pop server, and I would consider renewing account.

I logged on just before my subs ran out, 8pm gmt last Wed.

Did /who sorc 50 - and got 2 replies, and only one was in rvr.

Reikoku

Fledgling Freddie
switched to excal myself and started to enjoy daoc again... pryd became too small to do events (be it epic raids, ml's etc... or rvr)

but as some of you mentioned, it might be a good idea to merge pryd with another server

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Adianna said:
And I don't know that you are "forced" to play on an english server. You'll surely find enough players on german servers that can speak english and will gladly help you out... although a large amout of players are still greedy arrogant selfish ... well I'd better not continue that. Still when you play on a foreign language server, you should be open to learn at least a little bit of another language. Otherwise it can't work. ;)
Actually Germans on Avalon are much friendlier than ppl were on Excalibur. All of them try to communicate in English with me, even those who dunno more than a few words and they all really appreciated my effort to speak a little German, tho I only know some basic sentences or "funny" comments. But the German interface is ZzZz.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Killerbee said:
Actually Germans on Avalon are much friendlier than ppl were on Excalibur. All of them try to communicate in English with me, even those who dunno more than a few words and they all really appreciated my effort to speak a little German, tho I only know some basic sentences or "funny" comments. But the German interface is ZzZz.

Then you're lucky that you didn't meet them yet... what level you've got on Avalon and what realm you're playing? It usually turns out to be that way when it goes about artifacts, ML drops and high end RvR etc. ;)

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Adianna said:
Then you're lucky that you didn't meet them yet... what level you've got on Avalon and what realm you're playing? It usually turns out to be that way when it goes about artifacts, ML drops and high end RvR etc. ;)
Hibernia and I'm low lvl. :) So my experience came from Thid mostly (where I guess most ppl play for insta fun, so maybe that's why friendlier ;) ). Ah and had to mention that fuckin' relaxing to have an English speaker guild which /gu you can spam after a bit dizzy with German text :D

But back on topic I just can't see any solution what really could save Pry. Too late to do preventing steps.

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
charcopy every character to other server, and /delete Y E S Prydwen -p

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
thx for answer gm mr and ofc i think most ppl on prydwen understand that you are helpless but equally understand the consern we players have. noone that are in there right stat of mind want to restart on a new server atleast not same realm same char name etc just get dull and boring. I cannot speak for everyone but really spend 3 years ingame with my ns and really like the char and despite all the whine threads and Qq threads and moan here and moan there we lub prydwen/server otherwise we would have moved in a heartbeat.

If i remember correctly eu servers where suppose to speed up the delay inbetween us and eu patches what is happening with this ?

Also you say you are looking upon clustering servers why cant goa do like in us and let us char transfer ? for a sum of money or free i dont really care.

And thoose E&e that are not active anymore or just very rare online shouldnt you consider select some new pepps that are active ?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Character transfer in the US only works from the main servers to Pendragon, aka the test server.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Character transfer in the US only works from the main servers to Pendragon, aka the test server.
That's true but the situation would be different here, as 'charcopy' rather mean 'charmove'. Not as if it would ever happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom