State of the game and Prydwen

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
InertiaSlave said:
Tell your guild to get DF then! :flame:
Enemy stealthers would rape us again and again. :< Tho would be nice to have some DF equip :D

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh the times I've been in DF on avalon hibs have seemed very good at systematically cleaning out all enemies. And yes, neeeed emmy seal crap, still wearing /level 20 armor :(

At least I have my glowy staff!!1

Btw KB, I'm molvik level now (and it seems quite dead, but maybe because it's monday hehe), so if you wanna hang out in wilton for a while getting some rp that's fine, I'll pl you a bit again when you get bored with it :cheers:

Scunner

Fledgling Freddie
I think the GM's do work very hard for the player base to be honest and as they work for GOA there is only so much they can do, their hands are tied. They take note of the whines, read and reply even if they didnt respond to all your posts they have probably acknowledged them at least. The GM's are just a front line at the moment of abuse that is directed towards GOA and Mythic regarding player frustration. If a GM spent all day reading this forum and replying to every post they actually wouldnt get much work done or be available to fix in game problems.

I can understand the viewpoint of waiting until Catacombs before taking any action. If you think about it no one knows what will happen but with new content being added it offers the opportunity to re-market the game and its very hard to re-market without offering something new. I'm quite sure if catacombs does not address the issues on the server then they will take action upon it. As all things in business it takes time to move things along as we only see the customer facing side we dont see any internal dealings or anything regarding the Mythic-GOA relationship.

At the end of the day Clustering is really only possible between the two english servers and that is just going to prolong any loss of numbers as eventually people will leave that merged server and daoc would be back to square one with less servers. The only real way to keep it alive is to bring in new blood. It's right to look after the existing player base and protect old blood but if you look at online gaming and the way people move about the general trend is that the old players will move anyway after 3-5 years.

Clustering with French/German servers would be nice but translating the language at clientside might not be as easy as it sounds. It depends how the game has been coded as to how easy it is. It could be a huge amount resources which would otherwise be used to update EU servers with patches.

I personally think the GM's doa reasonable job on the EU servers. There are definately some serious issues for UK servers and how to fix them isnt going to be straight forward. But many who whine etc if fixed would come back not everyone but alot would.

People have whined, whines have been viewed and acknowledged and only time will tell if they get addressed and if they can be. They certainly need to be addressed before WoW gets it's PvP reward system implemented or Daoc will loose the one advantage it has over all others on the market - the best RvR Engine.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
vintervargen said:
what i like most about daoc:

think about, and i do mean think about, how much of the time you have been playing daoc, have actually been fun?

the things that keeps daoc going, are goals. almost everyone playing daoc, have a goal. reach rr5. get 500k rps/week. get alt #352 to 50 and toa'd.

i bet almost everyone have at some time made an alt char, gotten him to 50, semi or fully toa'd, with artifacts and ML's, only to realise rvr (solo or grp) was crap.

we have an idea of the perfect RvR situation, the individual one, be it solo or group or zerg, whatever. but that doesnt last very long, you get zerged, or killed by new OP classes, or ganked by l33tcrews etc etc. now my point is, this wouldnt have been _that_ bad, IF IT WASNT FOR THE FACT THAT IT TAKES A FUCKING HOUR TO GET BACK INTO THE ACTION. boats, hasteners, no speed, enemies camping the path, blabla has taken a tower, you cant port, BLA BLA BLA.

IF MYTHIC JUST COULD REALISE ITS A GOOD GAME BUT ALL THE SMALL TIMESINKING FUCKING DETAILS MAKES PPL FRUSTRATED >< GAH

Mythic seem to believe that by putting time sinks in to slow down reaching these goals, they keep people playing longer

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
InertiaSlave said:
And yes, neeeed emmy seal crap, still wearing /level 20 armor :(
You probably already know it but as I already met few people that didn't I'll post it too ... when you ding level 30 you can have a new set of armor. In hibland, it should be the first house on your right, near the stables, as soon as you enter tir na nog. Four elders babbling things ... same old 85%Q armor and weapons, but better than /level 20. It's probably some remain of when you could /level 30 in underpopulated realms, but quite handy now with the accellerated xping (= less money).

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
GOA cant do anything gamewise cause Mythic owns and control it and its not within their power, GOA cant do anything lag wise cause of the European backbone (ie opentransit) and its not within their power, if the horse is dead get off it :) or decline the CoC login

Eradicate

Fledgling Freddie
Scunner said:
At the end of the day Clustering is really only possible between the two english servers and that is just going to prolong any loss of numbers as eventually people will leave that merged server and daoc would be back to square one with less servers. The only real way to keep it alive is to bring in new blood. It's right to look after the existing player base and protect old blood but if you look at online gaming and the way people move about the general trend is that the old players will move anyway after 3-5 years.

I have to disagree with you about new blood being the solution. First of all new people have a long way to go before they level up, get geared up with toa suits and ML's. If we have to wait for that it might be a year further from now and im pretty sure most people are not that patient (including myself).
Remember that if they would launch a new marketing campaign, that it still remains a big question if new people will get interested. I think the best advertising a MMORPG has is the launch of a new game and the community that informs friends about it afterwards/ during the popularity of it.

I think there is a gap between people that buy games and pay a single amount of money and people that are MMORPG players that are willing to pay a monthly fee. In that sence I dont think a new marketing campaign would help, I might be wrong but even then it would still take to much time to bring an in time solution for this problem (time aspect is important here).

I do think server-cluster gives a solid solution, why would people be against it? Because they have to wait a few hours to be able to play their character on prydwen, while they dont or rarely play it now anyways because their main is on exc.? Or would it be to zergy? ..I doubt that since NF is quite a big frontier and in a server-cluster pve zones are still seperated so noone has to worry about an increase of artifact camping :)

I think most RvR orientated guilds would be in favor of server-clusters which exactly provides a better bases of more activity in RvR, while the PVE players dont have to worry about overload of people in the PVE zones (if you can at all speak of an overload of people) Avalon server has on average more people online then Exc. and Pryd. together.

Yes to server-cluster for me it is!

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
We pay and like to play aswell? More numbers doesnt mean you have more rights or get listen too better.

I think you need to learn a bit more those business. What makes expansions, advertisement etc. is the game beeing profitable, eg. the number of customers to have a balance equal to 0 with your staff/infra blablabla. After that its profit.

Keeping this in mind, what makes the cash nowaday ? The pop. of Avalon or Prydwen's ? Now you have the keys.

I am the company (luckily I am not), if my customers on avalon or any german/french servers choose to cancel all at once I can close the delivery of game/service. If Prydwen ppl do .. honnestly I dont care, I just shut down the server which cost me more than what I get back from it.

Unfortunately, the number drives the thing, wether we like it or not. (I also see the account transfer function as a method to consolidate servers like Excal and get ride of Prydwen).

Scunner

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not against clustering I jsut don't think it will provide the solution everyone thinks it will. Neither new Blood nor clustering alone would revive the UK servers i think both is required but Clustering before catacombs from a company point of view would be risky in my opinion as you might have to deal with an influx of players which you couldnt do if you trying to support merging of servers. Best to launch catacombs and get that working then deal with server merging and see the impact of catacombs.

Nothing i would rather see than a healthy pop on the UK servers however it's done :)

robbe

Loyal Freddie
not so into this catacombs but it will allow ppl to dye cloudsong.. could bring back some maybe..

then it will add new classes thats more bugged, inbalanced and fucked up then savage, bonedancer, animist necro was when SI released :x PvE loving fotm rollers might come back with new strong uba chars but thats not rly what we want :D

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
Cant see them Merging servers... some if not most ppl have Chars on Both Excal and Prydwen... And if like me you have Named them the same on both servers.. not sure how there going to sort this.. Plus all the cross realm playing (Albs are Relic raiding ill log my Hib on :D) cant see it working?

thaaadi

Fledgling Freddie
Umgrud said:
Cant see them Merging servers... some if not most ppl have Chars on Both Excal and Prydwen... And if like me you have Named them the same on both servers.. not sure how there going to sort this.. Plus all the cross realm playing (Albs are Relic raiding ill log my Hib on :D) cant see it working?

your new name will be Umgrud-excalibur etc.

Dorimor1

Banned
Well imo there are too many negative posts here, it will not take a 'miracle' for mythic to bring back players again, it'll just take effort and commitment to bring new blood to daoc, we can only have faith and believe in mythic to deliver the new players that we so desperately need, there is still hope!
Staying on topic though, I must admit that prydwen is in a state of 911

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Damn, funny even tho I've made the impression of quitting a few times I really havn't gone back this time. I feel free like a bird, I advice more people to try it.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
I know youse all hate my guts but you have to admit I always have my finger on the pulse. Said for ages wot is wrong with this game and the repurcussions for Mythic if they did sod all about it.

YOU ARE ALL FAR TOO BLOODY POWERFUL!

Blimey how thick can you lot be? Your damage is through the roof which is ruining game play. Buffbots just have to go permanently. If they did I guarantee you would find this game tremendously improved. There isn't that much wrong with this game but the incredible fault of needing 2 accounts to play. This is like Mythic committing hari kari. People want variety. They want to play not just one online game but 2 or more. When they realize that you need a buffbot even to play beyond a certain point it builds up massive resentment. Along with the above point that combat at 50 is far too brutal cos of buffing mainly the game grinds to a halt.

How to remedy? Remove buffbots completely and quickly. Even this one step will get loads of players returning for sure. After this well there are tons of things but the game is not yet beyond recovering but unless this first step is taken the game will die for sure!

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
for sum1 who has their finger on the pulce your seem to be missing a fairly major point....

most people couldnt care less about the buffbot situation and most of the player base has one :p

Its hardly the fact that buffbots exist that there is low pop on pryd :p

Heheyougotboned

Fledgling Freddie
hehe

atos said:
Damn, funny even tho I've made the impression of quitting a few times I really havn't gone back this time. I feel free like a bird, I advice more people to try it.

If u feel free, dont come and rant on these forums then.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
atos said:
Hehe, how ironic, and what Hehe said. :cool:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Are you mocking me for keeping in touch with the friends I've made through the game? Remember who made the thread, you're on my domain. =(

Keke.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:
I know youse all hate my guts but you have to admit I always have my finger on the pulse. Said for ages wot is wrong with this game and the repurcussions for Mythic if they did sod all about it.

Blimey how thick can you lot be? Your damage is through the roof which is ruining game play. Buffbots just have to go permanently. If they did I guarantee you would find this game tremendously improved. There isn't that much wrong with this game but the incredible fault of needing 2 accounts to play. This is like Mythic committing hari kari. People want variety. They want to play not just one online game but 2 or more. When they realize that you need a buffbot even to play beyond a certain point it builds up massive resentment. Along with the above point that combat at 50 is far too brutal cos of buffing mainly the game grinds to a halt.

How to remedy? Remove buffbots completely and quickly. Even this one step will get loads of players returning for sure. After this well there are tons of things but the game is not yet beyond recovering but unless this first step is taken the game will die for sure!

BB problem already solved - according to mythic/goa..

"Clerics can now give ae buffs, which makes all people able to get "buffed"."..

Thadius

Part of the furniture
In other words, we are not doing much about buffbots as they bring us lots of money

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
BB problem already solved - according to mythic/goa..

"Clerics can now give ae buffs, which makes all people able to get "buffed"."..
Hahahaha ^^

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
MKJ said:

what do you base this on?

first of: i dont have a bb, im still doing well in rvr - as in stealthers are not the sole purpose of this game (apparently it's zerging now o_O) play grp friendly char, you'll learn alot more about presure, using your char efficiently and teamwork...

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
i dont either have a bot cos i cant run 2 account but i can normaly leach buffs from various friendly ppl who i wubble 2 death when i solo :)

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons you playing with 44/31 druids all the time?

and so much for blahblahblah playing chars efficiently thats such a bunch of bs tbh
no cap bufs = no fun

'the difference between group sheer bufs and bb buffs is 13~18, thats nothing'
people kill for 5+ on a stat in their templates :
dreami-mode, enuf said

Minn

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
Move to a highpop server, be it german or not!
Problem solved... when i played pryd in NF i was so bored it was unbelievable.
Quit the game for 3 - 4 months.. Then played some with Nocturne on Hib/Avalon and tbh, i've never had so much fun in NF ever.
NF on a high population server is really really fun.
And, on avalon the lowbie 10fg zergs are mostly at keeps etc and the groups that wants fg v fg fights and such are roaming around.

Lots of FG action, no having to go to keeps/towers to get rps. :clap:

Still, problem is that many ppl cba making a new lvl 50 char and most of all not gonna go on ml raids and gettting artis and lvl'ing them.
That is why I am not changing server
Anyway, NF and TOA killed my love to daoc... I want OF and SI items :(

why I like WOW? So far I havent done much PVP (except the pvp u meet when u are exp'ing), but I actually can find PVE fun, everything about PVE in WOW rocks... I just hope that PVP will be good too, but lets see :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom