State of the game and Prydwen

robbe

Loyal Freddie
robbe said:
would make prydwen most popular server in world :)

playing some on buggy free shards which are SI mode,, so fun :>> insta lvl 50 and such helps but still not so hard to PL a char u wanna try rvr in SI

good stable server with SI mode is for the best of not only midgard but all realms and brynja bridge defence for safer relics is also not so good for anyone

robbe

Loyal Freddie
Adianna said:
For 2 weeks at best. Then everyone would be bitching each other again. :p

ye only bitching would be 3500 ppl limit on server and yanks whining about eu skillzzz :p

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Killerbee said:
Ah and had to mention that fuckin' relaxing to have an English speaker guild which /gu you can spam after a bit dizzy with German text :D

So play more so I can spam you! I go mental with all the german nonsense :(

How do you say "Stop fucking spamming invites at me noob, I probably pressed no the first 8 times for a reason!!1 Fuckin greencon vw" in german? :flame:

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
InertiaSlave said:

How do you say "Stop fucking spamming invites at me noob, I probably pressed no the first 8 times for a reason!!1 Fuckin greencon vw" in german? :flame:
Try this: Keine Angst Kamerad, I möchte zu anschluss, aber meine Mutter ist tot müde! If it doesn't work then nothing. ;)

I'm on all the time after 7-8pm CET.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
If they reset it back to si, im sure lots of people will come back from the Dark Side

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Thadius said:
If they reset it back to si, im sure lots of people will come back from the Dark Side

yeah , would have been great but what is the chances for that to happen ? astronomically small I think :/

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Not hard to post polls on here then push a big shiney RESEt button on the server :)

Eradicate

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
Why can't the GM's answer these threads? Possibly because we have been answering the same questions with the same answers for the last 6 weeks. Clustering IS being looked at however we can't even consider doing it until Patch 1.74 as the ability to do so hasn't even been released to us by Mythic. Believe it or not we do actually give a damn, we play on these servers as well and we have been doing our best to keep people informed when we get the information, however there are only so many times you can answer the same question. We have been saying since clustering came out in the US that there is NOTHING we can do until Mythic release the patches to us, and the YES options are being looked at. We can't wave a magic wand and fix all the problems and concerns that are brought to us, believe me I wish we could as it's the three GMs who are taking all the abuse on this.

If you do a search for the clustering threads over the past month, one of us (usually Requiel) has replied -at least- once, per thread.

As far as things like ignoring posts on lag... don't know how many times we've said it but I'll say it again, these boards are NOT official in any way we DO NOT provide support via whine threads on an unofficial forum. If you have problems ping plot it, send it to us via RightNow so we can document it and that way we can either forward it to our own network guys and kick them if it is from our end OR we can gather PROOF for the other companies who are responsible for the parts of the internet we have no control over.

Look, we choose to be present on these boards it isn't a job requirement for us to answer anything here, we do it because we want to keep everyone as informed as we can and to be helpful and 90% of the time we get flamed for it... that doesn't leave a lot of motivation to come back.

First of all I think there are alot of people that do appreciate the effords of GM's, I think it's very important GM's try to keep themselves informed about the things going on in the community. In that sence (although not directly a job requirement) it is essential to keep track of things that do matter (besides all the flaming).

Rightnow is more like a database that provides anwsers for specific questions or problems and does not provide the ability to speak about your thoughts about the current state of game. I seriously do think its a matter of communication. Although you have already confirmed that GM's do reply in many post I do miss the essential discussions on the official site of DAoC. Weekly news is followed by most people and therefore a good tool to inform the community that GOA is concidering solutions for major problems like the current population state of Prydwen in general.

I think most people do realise that GOA is dependend on mythic patches and that it cannot perform any miracles. As for the flaming, many people write their furstration away on the forums, partly to be taken serious concidering the facts behind it, partly to be seen as to be ignored. I think its time to realise many people do support GM's and their effords, although its wrong to get in the position of a victim (fact is that most people that make post here are faced with some flaming)

Im speaking for quite some people saying that we count on our GM's to signalate the problems in the community and the current state of game (referring to prydwen) and report them to the GOA team as our representers for the community. Im confident a solution will be found for the population problems.

Nilmeia

Fledgling Freddie
Prydwen is dying day by day and if nothing is done GOA is gonna loose even the most loyal customers. Pls at least tell us you are aware of Prydwen's state, these whining posts don't come from nothing! Tell us you are thinking about how to solve it :( I don't feel like leaving to other game and I don't feel like leaving my precious characters on Prydwen; but atm I'm mostly playing just in hope something WILL be done.

What does GOA expect of Catacombs? It will bring some old players back, yes, but for how long? They will just see the new faces, new locs, hmm nice... so what; and stop playing again. It was exactly the same as when New Frontiers came, first few weeks it was awesome, so many ppl out and all and now ? Soooo empty :(

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
lol.. just think about it.. mythic will do the only thing he can to keep players in daoc after catacombs release.. release another expansion :p same with si, (housing), toa, nf.. until these expansions bring the players back its good, when they leave, mythic comes out with another expansion.. so laaaaaame.

Nilmeia

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
lol.. just think about it.. mythic will do the only thing he can to keep players in daoc after catacombs release.. release another expansion :p same with si, (housing), toa, nf.. until these expansions bring the players back its good, when they leave, mythic comes out with another expansion.. so laaaaaame.

Don't even say that :S

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Aye

Goa or whoever run the server want as many people to buy catacombs before making a decision on what to do. Prolly wait 6-12 motnhs and release another expansion

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Tis very sad to see prydwen in such a bad state. From what i have experienced it is by far the nicer community out of the English servers. As regard to people flaming the GMs; they are under no obligation to read these forums, yet they do. They are doing what is best WITHIN THEIR POWER, they cant change a lot on their own. However i do feel pretty f****d off at mythic/goa or whoever is top dog, because they created something very good, but then allowed it to become something it does not deserve to be. As far as what do to all i can say is that all good things must come to an end, maybe it is just time for this to end. Only possible thing that i can think of to do would be release a daoc 2: totally new genre but with the same RvR system, but definitely not another expansion.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Achilles said:
. Only possible thing that i can think of to do would be release a daoc 2: totally new genre but with the same RvR system, but definitely not another expansion.

Have you been talking to Ozwaldo Lionheart/Ozzi Fear ? ;)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I fail to see how another expantion could bring players back? It wont, atleast not until the original servers offers the same as the private ones.

RvR and PvP is the only thing that keeps daoc floating atm. And Mythics counter measure to that is another PvE release. That tells us 2 things. They don't listen to their playerbase and 2 they like adding new things to the game instead of improving the existing game.

Therfor class balance isn't something worth adding a high prio to according to Mythic. As I see it this game is only about RvR/PvP these days and therfor class balance has the highest possivbly priority.

:wanker:

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Thadius said:
Have you been talking to Ozwaldo Lionheart/Ozzi Fear ? ;)

hehe, cant say i've had the pleasure although i can remember Ozwaldo from in game: old school armsman or paladin?:)

Back on topic i think us the players <from all realms> must also take some responsibilty for the state of Prydwen at the moment. We could have acted more sensibly at times and not always strived to take advantage faults in the game:p <bug abusing, buff bots etc>....we all do/ did it.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I know ozzi irl. He plays WoW but agrees with the fact they messed up with toa and his very words were the same as yours :p

vintervargen

Banned
what i like most about daoc:

think about, and i do mean think about, how much of the time you have been playing daoc, have actually been fun?

the things that keeps daoc going, are goals. almost everyone playing daoc, have a goal. reach rr5. get 500k rps/week. get alt #352 to 50 and toa'd.

i bet almost everyone have at some time made an alt char, gotten him to 50, semi or fully toa'd, with artifacts and ML's, only to realise rvr (solo or grp) was crap.

we have an idea of the perfect RvR situation, the individual one, be it solo or group or zerg, whatever. but that doesnt last very long, you get zerged, or killed by new OP classes, or ganked by l33tcrews etc etc. now my point is, this wouldnt have been _that_ bad, IF IT WASNT FOR THE FACT THAT IT TAKES A FUCKING HOUR TO GET BACK INTO THE ACTION. boats, hasteners, no speed, enemies camping the path, blabla has taken a tower, you cant port, BLA BLA BLA.

IF MYTHIC JUST COULD REALISE ITS A GOOD GAME BUT ALL THE SMALL TIMESINKING FUCKING DETAILS MAKES PPL FRUSTRATED >< GAH

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
we have an idea of the perfect RvR situation, the individual one, be it solo or group or zerg, whatever. but that doesnt last very long, you get zerged, or killed by new OP classes, or ganked by l33tcrews etc etc. now my point is, this wouldnt have been _that_ bad, IF IT WASNT FOR THE FACT THAT IT TAKES A FUCKING HOUR TO GET BACK INTO THE ACTION. boats, hasteners, no speed, enemies camping the path, blabla has taken a tower, you cant port, BLA BLA BLA.

IF MYTHIC JUST COULD REALISE ITS A GOOD GAME BUT ALL THE SMALL TIMESINKING FUCKING DETAILS MAKES PPL FRUSTRATED >< GAH

feeling the pain yet :D
Alll is peachy as long as the hibbies have too run 15 mins.. Tbh i wish hibs would be underdog again.. so much more fullfilment on getting a kill :( so i really just envy u albs and mids atm, if it wernt for the fact none of ur realms races interest me 1 bit, else i would reroll :p

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
InertiaSlave said:

You could say that in english and I guess he'd at least understand "fucking" and "noob".

Killerbee said:
Try this: Keine Angst Kamerad, I möchte zu anschluss, aber meine Mutter ist tot müde! If it doesn't work then nothing.

Well that might work as it doesn't really make sense. ;)

Otherwise, well... the quite polite version:

"Könntest du bitte endlich damit aufhören? Ich lehne die Einladung nicht grundlos ab!"

the non-polite version:

"Hör mit dem Scheiss auf. Seh ich vielleicht so aus als würd ich dich ziehen wenn ich schon acht Mal abgelehnt hab? Nein? Na dann solltest die Antwort ja selbst kennen."

the impolite, more mean insulting version, might him make run to RightNow:

"Wenn du zu faul oder zu dumm bist alleine zu spielen, werd ich dir auch nicht helfen. Also schieb ab!"

the really insulting version, that'll likely get you some trouble:

"Verpiss dich endlich. Wenn ich mit nem Idioten wie dir spielen wollte, hätte ich mich in ne Anstalt einweisen lassen."

I'd recommend you'll either take the first or second one. The third one calls him too lazy and dumb to play on his own and that you won't help someone like him. And the fourth calls him and and idiot and that you would have gone into an asylum if you'd wanted to play with him. ;)

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
:clap:

Class, very useful. Thanks :worthy:

Obviously, Ich bin pet specced, nicht so gut für gruppe and Nein danke, ich will solo didn't work, even though I repeated them a couple times.. I'd definately go for at least the second one if I get in the same situation again :flame:

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Adianna said:
Well that might work as it doesn't really make sense. ;)
That's the main part of the plan. If they see you not even can speak in German they won't try to get you as PL bot. ^^ And if you are the lowbie then they will think: Lol, poor guy, at least he's trying to learn some German, help him a bit. ;) So it's worth to type some "funny" nonsenses even with horrible grammar and typo :D

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
The second one means "Stop that shit you're doing. Do I look like I'd push you after I've refused to take your invite eight times? No? Guess you should know the answer then."

If he continues to bother you, you might consider that:

"Spar die Luft für jemanden dens interessiert." meaning "Save it (the air in german ;)) for someone who's interested in it."

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
InertiaSlave said:
:clap:

Class, very useful. Thanks :worthy:

Obviously, Ich bin pet specced, nicht so gut für gruppe and Nein danke, ich will solo didn't work, even though I repeated them a couple times.. I'd definately go for at least the second one if I get in the same situation again :flame:
Easier to point out, you already have a lazy ranger to pl. ;)

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Killerbee said:
That's the main part of the plan. If they see you not even can speak in German they won't try to get you as PL bot. ^^ And if you are the lowbie then they will think: Lol, poor guy, at least he's trying to learn some German, help him a bit. ;) So it's worth to type some "funny" nonsenses even with horrible grammar and typo :D

Well "Kamerad" (= comrad) is very old fashioned when it's not used in military terms. And "Ich möchte zu anschluss, aber meine Mutter ist tot müde!" is the worst grammar I've encountered yet, still some of my pupils sadly wrote something like that... poor old Germany... besides the meaning would likely be "I want to connecting (yes I'm using the wrong expression on purpose as no one would use "Anschluss" in german to answer a group invite) but my mother is tired!" ;)

And well... obviously Inertia wanted to tell him that he is not wanted, so I set up some replies that show that. You could get rid of him without telling what you think of him of course. ;)

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Adianna said:
Well "Kamerad" (= comrad) is very old fashioned when it's not used in military terms. And "Ich möchte zu anschluss, aber meine Mutter ist tot müde!" is the worst grammar I've encountered yet, still some of my pupils sadly wrote something like that... poor old Germany... besides the meaning would likely be "I want to connecting (yes I'm using the wrong expression on purpose as no one would use "Anschluss" in german to answer a group invite ;)) but my mother is tired!" ;)

Well, hard to make German sentences when you can't find your dictionary. xD Couldn't find out what should be the word: join in German so I recalled my historical knowledge xD And I know what that sentence meant ;> when you get something like that, you just rather leave and don't bother the guy anymore while thinking about the link between how tired is his mother and the fact he just denied to join you. :>

Ps.: I haven't got any "skill" in German tho proud I know some words like: der Detektiv, die Lampe and das Auto but obviously I can't use them so need to "make" some new one :D

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Well... DAoC-German is different from normal daily spoken german... it's containing more anglicisms than german words I think sometimes... so when you form a correct german phrase you'll just get the same effect I'd guess. ;)

To join can have several (even correct) meanings in german that all wouldn't be used in DAoC. Usually someone would use a word like "joinen" which would be a germanized version of "to join". All other meanings like "beitreten", what to join would actually be, would be considered strange regarding DAoC. It's quite amazing how you can make people laugh at you for using the correct terms. ;)

/edit: I didn't mean to say anything about your knowledge of german. It is a difficult language to learn, especially the grammar. Just wanted to point out what you're actually saying, just for the others to get the joke. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom