Stargate Universe

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Just seems wrong to have the 'good guys' doing something so incredibly unscrupulous

I mean, taking control of other peoples bodies against their will and proceeding with an experiment that threatens the lives of an entire planet - just so they can get supplies to destiny? Really?

These being the same people who're always taking the moral high ground all the time (with rush for example)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No offence, but it sounds like you really didn't pay attention and are missing the point of their actions.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I hate that kind of defense for a show "You didn't get it" etc just seems awfully highbrow, assuming and also derives from own POV on things.

Aaaanyway, good episode, more stargate'y stuff again(yeah you love that word!), though i didn't agree on parts of it;

The whole love variable thing kind of, well, meh. Just "kind of meh" note. Could've written something a bit less cheesy into it, but it'll do.

Also i agree that it was a bit too easy for them to go down that unethical road, could've been worth a two episode to make the choice seem harder.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
No offence, but it sounds like you really didn't pay attention and are missing the point of their actions.

You mean the thing about how they thought they were in cahoots with the Lucian Alliance because they saw some radio traffic? They obviously didnt decode any of the messages or they'd have known they werent (as they found out at the end) They couldnt just offer some guards or ships for the planet and wait a month? They decided the best course of action was to force entry and risk hundreds of millions of lives? Explain to me if i'm missing something, I wont take offence!

Also (dons his cloak and wizards hat) why didnt the stones connection to the guard and administrator break briefly when Destiny dropped out of FTL?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Also (dons his cloak and wizards hat) why didnt the stones connection to the guard and administrator break briefly when Destiny dropped out of FTL?

Shh! No pointing out flaws of logic or plot devices!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You mean the thing about how they thought they were in cahoots with the Lucian Alliance because they saw some radio traffic? They obviously didnt decode any of the messages or they'd have known they werent (as they found out at the end) They couldnt just offer some guards or ships for the planet and wait a month? They decided the best course of action was to force entry and risk hundreds of millions of lives? Explain to me if i'm missing something, I wont take offence!

Sorry, didn't have a chance to reply properly last time. You are missing the point, Earth is under direct threat from the Alliance, Mr Nice Guy goes out of the window. They didn't benefit from their nasty plan, instead they were wrong and lost the use of the stargate and have hurt their relationship with the other planet as a result. They acted like the Alliance and it hurt them. That was the whole point of the story. David is desperate to get back to Destiny and is not held back by the same moral constraints as other characters. Also SGU is not the same as the other stargates, they haven't always followed the holier than thou approach, it's more realistic in that they come first, others be damned.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Beause destiny didn't really drop out of FTL rush just thought it did?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Beause destiny didn't really drop out of FTL rush just thought it did?

Wasn't it Gin(whatevr the hotness is called) who dropped FTL momentarily to give the nerdy what's his face the info on how to get Rush out?

MrHorus

Can't get enough of FH

Yes I did wonder about that.

I was waiting for the switch to become part of the plot but then... it didn't.

Annoying.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
First episode I've turned off before the end and thought "yeah, whatever"

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It was pretty bad, though the Rush / suspended animation chamber stuff was pretty fun.

So only one member of the Lucien alliance left on board!

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Greer just doesn't seem like the kind of character you devote time to as a writer...

It was about as bad as it gets.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It was pretty bad, though the Rush / suspended animation chamber stuff was pretty fun.

So only one member of the Lucien alliance left on board!

I dunno, they seem to pull more people out of some arse of the ship every now and then :p

If the dinner table at the mess hall was all lucian, there should be 5 atleast left(think there was 3 on the "away" team.

Enough entertainment for a "have some dinner" episode, nothing to write home about.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ep #...what'sitsface;

Fun watching the storyline of the alternate crew(though a bit too concentrated on it), but a big but comes from one single fact;

It would've been a great ending for the real crew.

Last episode was textbook ending for a show, but ofcourse have to consider that the writers didn't know it was ending and expected more cash.

The comical elements are good, even if a bit late.

Overall; not too shabby, but a bit pointless.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
episode 19, another strong episode loved the special effects with the star stuff.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Strong? lol. The drones are the lamest enemy in sci-fi history. Why does anyone care what happens?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The drones are way way way too SG-1. Below follows what would have happened in the remainder of Stargate Universe if it had not been cancelled:

• Drones are bad.
  • Drones hurt Destiny.
  • Destiny beats Drones.
  • Drones have Drone Master.
  • Drone Master is badder than Drones.
  • Drone Master hurt Destiny.
  • Destiny beats Drone Master (just).
  • Drone Master is one of many Drone Masters.
  • Drone Masters (plural) are badder than single Drone Master.
  • Drone Masters hurt Destiny.
  • Antics ensue, 2 parter episode, Destiny gets broken somehow, everyones gonna die, honest.
  • Out of nowhere some ancient suddenly appears for no good fucking reason (be they SG-1 ancient or 2000 year old Ely, my money is on 2000 year old Ely) other than to simply "boost" Destiny by showing them how to make more repair robots or turning on the rest of the weapons, etc, etc, etc.
  • Destiny is better than ever.
  • Destiny beats Drone Masters (resoundingly)
  • Repeat for as many series as someone at MGM allows to be comissioned, i.e. for as long as DVD's sell.
  • In last series, reveal that the SG-1 ancients are actually the Destiny descendent species who fled across Galaxies to evade Drones and eventually settled on earth and sometime thereafter launched Destiny to see if it was safe to return to their home galaxy, in which all the Stargates were destroyed by drones (hence seed ships), thereby completing the paradox. Signal turns out to be Rush saying something stupid like "is there anyone alive" or some similar crap.
Was it just me as well or
did we just get rid of the disabled chick only to have her replaced a week later with a blind chick?

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Bah, this is the main problem with this show, they want to have some cyclon'esq character in the show. Oh well , only one more episode to go and then the wait for Battlestar : Blood and Chrome

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
They've also done he drone thingy in SG already. Replicators, this is just a rehash of it.

It's entertaining, but i have zero interest in the characters as the show is getting sh*tcanned. But the alst episodes have shown what the show's been missing; a nemesis.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Didn't think I would say this as I have been a strong critic of the show but I am really going to miss SGU, it has improved dramatically in the last 3 months and has been very entertaining to watch, warts and all.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Shame it has gone, thought it had come leaps and bounds over the 2nd half of this season.

Loved the way that everyone went into statis apart from Ely and you are now left with suspense if they ever resurrect the show.

Thumbs up!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
That was a good ending to a show that wouldn't have been cancelled had this season been the first. Nice question mark to leave it on.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Good ending, I was expecting some massive space battle with them and the drones and a "to be continued". Fortunately we got a cliffhanger which was fairly weak!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ending was absolutely spot on.
Liked the way they had Ely man up against Rush and then in the final shot still have that little "did I really just do that" twinge
Box set pre-order time.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Fine enough ending, but not fine enough episode.

Starting with Ely ending with Ely. Well done. The stasis thing, while a bit corny, well done. Good ending on a show, possibility to pick up later immensely easy.

Now....

The episode looks crearly like it's been mashed together from an episode that was supposed to be and the ending episode.

For example; the scientist who jumped to the planet to get the material for the stasis pod, just appeared to that point of the episode. Most likely he was the one who came up with the material solution in the original episode.

The mothership wasn't the problem in the stasis scenario, it was that there's not enough power to visit a planet and survive the long haul(as rush said "making visit the planet useless since the plan would fail with the pwoer use"). Now that mothership was too part of the original episode that was supposed to be. Most likely they needed material for something else, the mothership was a problem and then the shuttle thing was the solution.

Now they tied that to the stasis pods, which in the end solved nothing as the one pod didn't work(because you needed the Ely ending).

And that brings to the final plot device that really was too much;

Out of all the deaths, losses, new people etc, there was EXACTLY enough pods, not one less, not one more, to house the survivors?

As said, fine enough ending in "message" sense, not fine enough episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom