Stargate Universe

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Good ending to the show. Also, agree that it had come on well, but the drones are shite.

Shame really. Liked the characters.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeh the drones just reminded me of the replicators.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep. And they were the worst enemy in Stargate.

I just can't give enough about machines enough for them to create real "aaargh, the characters are in peril" in me. Maybe is because you don't feel like they ever "win" when they beat the machines. You just wish they could have pulled the plug.

Ra, on the other hand...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I feel ya. Organic opponents always felt better than an AI or mechanical one. I think they overplayed the use of the drones in this episode.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ra was fucking awful and blown up in the movie?

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Maybe he meant Apophis.

So what's the general opinion of the ambiguous end?
After enjoying the FTL shockwave, did he at least try to repair the pod in the two weeks or did he just turn off the lights?

Or he could have tried to repair the pod for 13 days, give up, wake up Young and take his place. :)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
20110513_2677.png

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
431 had the good sense to get out and save themselves the effort. Dire show, dire ending, good riddance.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
The list of the known 431:
  1. ST^
:p

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I actually watched it all hoping it would get more stargatey.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Overall it wasn't bad, just annoying when they used plotdevices so much and forget some big problems later on, just because it's convinient.

Also didn't help that sometimes these "smart scientists" and soldiers work like complete numpties ;)

Corran

Part of the furniture
We actually enjoyed the show here. People that were expecting it to be "stargate" were always going to be disappointed. This series was never about the "planet of the week" which everyone loved with the original series, it was all about the characters.

Enjoyed the overal development of the series, but probably cursed by the typical case of it being above the head of the modern day American! Too many great series are cancelled due to these clueless people, damn FOX!!! They are the main culprits to cancelling things I like. lol :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
That Julia Benson vid is incredible btw, they are truely epic.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
We actually enjoyed the show here. People that were expecting it to be "stargate" were always going to be disappointed. This series was never about the "planet of the week" which everyone loved with the original series, it was all about the characters.

SGA wasn't "planet of the week" and while it never held a candle to SG1, it was far more enjoyable than SGU. Stargate is (should be) about not taking itself too seriously. SGU took itself too seriously.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Some people have an appetite for a serious attempt at sci-fi. There's enough mindless cheesy shite on the telly.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Obviously not enough people otherwise it wouldn't have been cancelled amiright?

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I think SGU had quite a large fanbase, but it's the nielson ratings that sealed it's fate.

All the time US networks use the outdated system decent shows will continue to be cancelled.

A lot of people in the states I know tivo'd the shows so they could watch them at a time of their choosing, dont think I know anyone that has a nielson box.

The fate of so many good shows (oddessy 5 being one of them) has been sealed by a select few people who are watchng (or not watching) the show as it airs.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
It was a decent ending to a decent show.

I think the 'serious sci-fi' was undermined from the start though by being set in the SG universe. Too many silly cross-overs (communication stones, time travel, lucian alliance etc). Plus, as others have said, the drones were just annoying and completely non-threatening (honestly how hard would it have been to jump in a bit further back and blow up the command ship in 1 pass)

In the absence of any other good sci-fi on TV atm though, i'll miss SGU

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom