Stargate Universe

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
New series started in the US, believe it starts in the UK over the weekend (not 100% sure). Yes, I know its Stargate, but they are focusing more on the people than the 'lets find another 10 aliens'

Trailer:
YouTube - Universe Exclusive Preview - Stargatearchive.com

Not watched the episode yet, got work in 30 minutes, but so far the reviews (even from non-sci/fi fans) is pretty good.

Anyone seen it yet? (ECA? :p)

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Just watched the pilot. Has a lot of potential. Bit darker and mature than the previous Stargate series. More like BSG now... :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
they already set up the obvious episode generator mechanism.
so every episode the ship will drop them somewhere new for 12 hours and they have to find the thing the ship needs. ZOMALLAH A COUNTDOWN TO COMPLETE A TASK!

I'll still watch it tho :)

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
they already set up the obvious episode generator mechanism.
so every episode the ship will drop them somewhere new for 12 hours and they have to find the thing the ship needs. ZOMALLAH A COUNTDOWN TO COMPLETE A TASK!

I'll still watch it tho :)

Thought the same thing, still enjoyed it though. Reminds me of Star Trek Voyager/Lost :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Anyone seen it yet? (ECA? :p)

Actually I never got into Stargate, it seemed too much of a random Star Trek/B5 ripoff when it first came out and just felt a bit blah to me.

That said the trailer did look awfully spangly :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It is a decent start to a series, I did think it was a little to much like Atlantis or Voyager, but without the annoying female lead. It does seem to be a lot darker than previous stargates, and I agree with cyradix that it has a BSG feel about it.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Airs on the 6th in the UK I think, seems very derivative but as a big fan of Stargate I shall give it a whirl.

Oh and this is a random excuse to show me with Michael Shanks who plays Daniel Jackson in Stargate: Matthew Riley's Photos | Facebook

and Jewel Staite who was Kaylee in Firefly and Dr Keller in Stargate Atlantis: Matthew Riley's Photos | Facebook

Warning: Pictures of me may cause blindness or mass hilarity.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh by the way, did anyone else notice how badly Mcguyver has aged in the last year?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Jeeeeeewwweeellllllllllllllllll *dribble*.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Oh by the way, did anyone else notice how badly Mcguyver has aged in the last year?

He's 59, so still pretty good for his age. He seems to walk badly these days, though, wonder if he has a problem?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He looks his age in SGU. Looked like he's put on a few pounds too.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
isnt that whole plotline exactly the same premise that ST:Voyager was?

lazy gits

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Couldnt they just have used the flying camera thing to push the button to close the shuttle door?!

Could be a decent series, always hard to gauge from pilots like that. Voyager was an interesting premise it was just let down by poor characters/cast, writing and the fact every other episiode involved going back in time to a jazz bar.

Quite liked Robert Carlisle in it, though the fat guy reminds me of Seth Rogen - who I can't stand >.<

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Sounds promising chaps.

WITHOUT THE ANNOYING FEMALE LEAD AND HAIRY ALIEN MIDGET.

therefore it works.

Voyager was just poorly written with their faux science ex machina get-outs most episodes. If it wasn't part of the franchise and was some other sci-fi it would not have lasted as long as it did.

I didn't mind the cast, though when you have actors like Robert Picardo in amongst the less talented the difference becomes quite stark. I felt sorry for the chap that played Neelix. Being the useless-but-plucky stereotype comic relief must have been annoying but regular paychecks are always a good thing. I do remember reading that Robert Beltran pissed off the writers because he didn't like the way they were blanding everything and suddenly his character was way in the background a lot more after that.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Airs on the 6th in the UK I think, seems very derivative but as a big fan of Stargate I shall give it a whirl.

Oh and this is a random excuse to show me with Michael Shanks who plays Daniel Jackson in Stargate: Matthew Riley's Photos | Facebook

and Jewel Staite who was Kaylee in Firefly and Dr Keller in Stargate Atlantis: Matthew Riley's Photos | Facebook

Warning: Pictures of me may cause blindness or mass hilarity.

Awesome Jewel Staite pic. Her eating strawberries is the only trigger I need!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I thought the later series of Voyager were much improved!!! And I agree with ECA about Janeway!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Couldnt they just have used the flying camera thing to push the button to close the shuttle door?!

Plot device 1o1, sacrifice and all that crap.

If it becomes more stargate'ish then BSG'ish(as it seemed now) then it could work for me.

Doesn't feel like a stargate, besides the gate, for now, but will give it a chance for sure.

Next episode will determine it a bit better, now it's just a set-up and as such it's "good enough", but nothing like the previous ones. Kind of lacking in characters. Might grow on you though.

If there's no happy-ladidaaa-music at the start of some episode, where you know exactly that it's going to be a funny episode, i'll be mighty pissed off :p

Zede

Part of the furniture
Definitely had a BSG feel to it, which is never a bad thing.

*geekily searches the interwebs for how big Destiny is*

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
its on sky 1 tonight at 8pm for those who havent seen it and have sky 1

rynnor

Rockhound
Pretty good - might even be very good but a bit early to say - I'll be watching the rest tho :p

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
yup i enjoyed it the planet bit was pretty awesome thought it stuttered a bit tryin to explain too many chars early on but its definately got promise

and yes it did remind of me voyager BSG SG combo all 3 shows had really good points if they can pick up on what made those shows great it could be great

Turamber

Part of the furniture
OK, these people are actors, right? Don't you think that the forced smiles on their face make them look like they *really* don't want to be there?

I mean Shanks looks like he's got you in his ass! :D

Not sure what you are trying to say here. I have some random assertion that you are trying to make me feel bad about a good day out. Not sure why you would want to do that, but it takes all sorts to make a world go round, including some people being utter *****. Well done on that

I'm not their friend, I paid for them to stand next to me and smile. Big shock eh?

What you've not seen in those pictures is Keeley Hawes telling me I was 'really sweet' and giving me a hug off camera :kissit:

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Anyway, in other news, I thought SG:U was pretty good. Lots of room for future plots already laid in the first two episodes, and Robert Carlyle's character was suitably multi-layered and potentially menacing.

Hope they can keep up the BSG feel, and steer it away from being a Voyager clone ... or succumb to the temptation of bringing a cast member from a previous Stargate show into this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom