starcraft

Aada

Part of the furniture
Your really not as funny as you think it was not funny the first time you said it and still isn't you fool.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Best RTS single player I've seen - the missions feel like part of the overall campaign and OMG THEY BORROWED THE WIN FROM DUNE2 - you get to pick your next mission out of several and it actually makes a difference.

They also stole the ship walkaround from wing commander.

It's definitely worth it for the single player - and more so than that - there are going to be hundreds of awesome user made content that will be worth it for a long long time to come.

Hmm, I was left slightly disappointed with the SP. The choices you make for missions make no real difference at all, it changes what units you have available, but there is no storyline change or effect from choosing different missions. The story is very linear, and although good, I was expecting more.

As an RTS it is very basic, lots of units, but nothing really new. No Dawn of War (1 or 2) for sure.

Chilly

Balls of steel
As an RTS it is very basic, lots of units, but nothing really new. No Dawn of War (1 or 2) for sure.

It was never about innovation. It was about a few new bits and pieces and perfect balance for the koreans :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
As far as the single player goes, I've done about 5 missions and then stopped playing for a few days. It just doesn't make me want to play it. I'll have to force myself away from Dwarf Fortress if I'm going to make any progress in SC2.

Does it get better or will I never love it?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It gets better, the first 5 missions are pretty tame. I'd play it on hard if I were you, I did it on normal and there was only one mission that was even mildly challenging.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Did you play the first game though? I'm totally new to Starcraft. Though yeah, the first missions have been ridiculously easy. Also, the one where you have to avoid the rising lava? Way too gimmicky for me.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
I played the single player for 10 missions or so to get a feel of the game, then i went multiplayer where it's 100 times better. I got hammered the first few games but you learn the tactics and what to do etc - really good fun. I've been playing a lot of 1v1 and 2v2. They've got some form of ladder that means you wont be up against uber players if you're shit. I'm in th gold league - i think that's pretty low down the scale and the people i'm playing are just my standard, i win some and i lose some.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Love the game, got today, been bashing hard mode campaign, really surprised by the depth of the soloplay.

Well worth the hype, for once.

Seems they fixed the "no achies if net goes down" thing too, if you wait for your net to come back, it resumes recording achies.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Btw; anyone got tips on what race i should concentrate on, considering i'm not a fastpace clicker(atleast i don't think i am).

Even if i know that fastclicking is a skill one needs to some extent.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Protoss is imo the easiest race to get to grips with and do well.
Then Terran not too far behind and lastly zerg - underpowered and with the only punishing macro mechanic.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Did you play the first game though? I'm totally new to Starcraft. Though yeah, the first missions have been ridiculously easy. Also, the one where you have to avoid the rising lava? Way too gimmicky for me.

Yeah, it is pretty cheesy. I didn't really like the first starcraft, so I'm not a fan boi like apparently every other person here. I was let down by the SP by the end of it. It is fun though, just very basic. I suppose it depends on whether you like the story line or not, nothing to keep you playing the SP apart from wanting to see the story through to the end and see the cut scenes.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, it is pretty cheesy. I didn't really like the first starcraft, so I'm not a fan boi like apparently every other person here. I was let down by the SP by the end of it. It is fun though, just very basic. I suppose it depends on whether you like the story line or not, nothing to keep you playing the SP apart from wanting to see the story through to the end and see the cut scenes.

You dare call achievements nohtink?! :p

I kinda liked the rising lava thing, but it was a bit too long for my taste. Hard mode didn't help ofc.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
If anyone wants to get bashed in multiplayer then add me Moose.746 :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wow I suck, been playing practise league for 5 games and only won one, and that was a 2v2 and mainly down to my partner :)

What are the best build trees for protoss and terrans? I've been trying the early attacks but by the time I have two or three reapers I am up against players who have built strong defences.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Chet, watch this - great way to start. Do this 4 gate and harass a bit, then go for either robo tech or something YouTube - HDstarcraft's Channel - biggest tip against terrans - get High Templars with Psi storm and learn to use it - will destroy them

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Chet, watch this - great way to start. Do this 4 gate and harass a bit, then go for either robo tech or something YouTube - HDstarcraft's Channel - biggest tip against terrans - get High Templars with Psi storm and learn to use it - will destroy them

Yeah I learnt that the hard way, managed to counter it with battlecrusiers attacking his base whilst using missile turrets around base

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom