starcraft

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
No luck, nothings come up on my side :S

Try spedge at gmail dotteh com

mooSe_

FH is my second home
If you add someone using name and ID then it's not like a 'full' friend add: their name goes on your friend list but you don't get access to all their info such as real name and what they are doing at the moment. Also if you add someone like this then they are not notified.

In order to get a 'real ID' friend add you have to add someone via facebook or using their email address. If you do it this way then the person you add will receive a notification they have to accept before you are added and they will show up on your friends list under their real name.

It's all pretty confusing tbh, especially seeing as my real ID friends who are playing WoW show up on my list above my other friends who are actually on SCII.

edit: also if you add someone using name and ID and then try to add them with facebook/email then they will show up on your friends list twice.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Those Korean ads are great. I like the one with the kid talking about what he wants to be :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
that's by far the best one. only ruined by the piss poor acting of the little girl crying at the end.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Sp help please!

Any tips for the protoss mission in SP? The one with the overminds vision of the future. The hybrids and zergs are powning me, can get around a 1k kills, but by that time my base is gone and I only have aerial units. can't see how I can defend the archive, units die faster than I can build them.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Can you buy upgrades that mission ? I forget - if so do.

I just formed a wall of DTs on hold at each lane and backed everything else up - by the time they start sending overseers you're close enough to grind it out ( made a ton of stalkers/colossus as well and some phoenixes ).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Dt's? dark templars? Yep, that's my problem, I didn't buy the upgrades or the advanced buildings. Did you manage to protect the archive that way?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
DT=Dark templars yes.
With no detection until overseers ( the hybrids on this mission don't get detection ) your DTs will cockblock each lane and NOTHING can get in except air.
I've completely forgotten if you can make more buildings or not?
Don't forget to turn your gateways ( and have lots of them ) into warpgates so you can just warp shit onto pylons instead of spawn>running places.

( I found it really easy and restarted like 5-6 mins in once I saw how it worked and protected archive+won on that try - kinda why I forgot how it worked a bit ).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yep, you can build. Strategy sounds good, will give it a try later. Dt's with air support against stronger units and colossus in support sounds like a win.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Sp help please!

Any tips for the protoss mission in SP? The one with the overminds vision of the future. The hybrids and zergs are powning me, can get around a 1k kills, but by that time my base is gone and I only have aerial units. can't see how I can defend the archive, units die faster than I can build them.

I'm a bit shit at Starcraft so there may have been some luck involved here but this worked for me:

Only played this up to normal difficulty. I completed this first time, though I admit that I'd gone back to a game save half way through to do so. I found that making lots of those aircraft carrier types as well as constantly rebuilding the ground defenses slowed down the zerg enough for me to get the score I needed. Those little ships that lift the enemy into the air were worth their weight in gold and I split them onto another hotkey group. I'd pick out the nastiest in the zerg attack and lift them in the air. Often I didn't even need to target them for death after that, it was enough to take the big nasties out of the fight. I always killed hybrids first where possible before they could do too much damage to my defending forces.

I split my forces into 2 groups so I could mobilise them to any of the 3 entry points whenever needed. Even if they were getting creamed a bit at one point, they'd slow the zerg enough for the other group to arrive.

EDIT: Oh yeh, I built lots and lots of Stalkers too.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Okay, the game's reliance on battlenet is starting to piss me off greatly. The fact you can't even log on and continue your SP campaign when battlenet is having logon issues is insane. It's ridiculous that your achievements simply do not update the next time you log on.

Very frustrated that the game that cost £50 can't be played because Blizzard are having issues. They really really need to change it so that a battlenet login is not required to play the campaign with your user.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That does sound gay as fuck.

The original starcraft passed me by (loved Total Annihilation tho). I'm thinking of plunging in on this one but for the big gay triple-release and lack of ability to play single player without a net connection deserves to hit Blizzard in the pocket tbfh...

mooSe_

FH is my second home
You can play the campaign offline, but you won't get any acheivements or anything because you have to play as 'guest'.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ah. Fuck achievements eh? Who wants 'em anyway :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You can play the campaign offline, but you won't get any acheivements or anything because you have to play as 'guest'.

Yep, but you can't continue a campaign that you started with your battle.net character. Which is fucking GAY.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Given how connected most people are it isnt that bad. ( Given that well over 1-2mill copies of SC1 were pirated at $20-30 each.. ).

My major gripe is lack of cross-region play... it's a ridiculous decision - I played US and EU in beta and noticed very little difference.

My pool of online people to play against is like ~10 semi casual euros and 40 good US players... but I can't play with my US friends unless I buy another copy....

Athan

Resident Freddy
So what happens if you login to battle.net, start playing, then lose your internet connection? Game over at the next net check or just failure to save progress/achievements when you're done with a mission ?

Basically it's sounding horribly close to the Assassin's Creed 2 shenanigans.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So what happens if you login to battle.net, start playing, then lose your internet connection? Game over at the next net check or just failure to save progress/achievements when you're done with a mission ?

Basically it's sounding horribly close to the Assassin's Creed 2 shenanigans.

Nope, it gives you a pop up informing you that you have lost connection and that achievements will not be logged, but lets you continue. The issue comes if you leave the game and want to go back, if battle.net is down, you can't resume your game. It's a huge oversight.

Athan

Resident Freddy
And if you get connection back before finishing the mission ?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You can't, you have to log back in to battle.net, it doesn't have the option to save your password, or auto reconnect. To log in, you have to abort the campaign, go back to the main game screen and log in.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I haven't played the game since release week and tbh i can't be arsed, why the game got so much good reviews i'll never know.

The gameplay has not changed, games like Company of Hero's/Dawn of War shit all over this game from a great height because in my opinion they tried something different with capturing certain resource points on the map.

Makes for a much more interesting game then spamming units until your bored to tears.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Don't worry Aada, Arkham Asylum 2 will be out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom