starcraft

Chilly

Balls of steel
Arrived in the post today :D Collectors edition (colleague paid the diff between std and collectors so he could have the fucking WoW pet...)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Installed and trying to play but getting interrupted by phone calls. Damnit. Its Starcraft day. Don't people know this already.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I need to wait for GAME to give me my money back from crackdown 2 before I can get this.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Mines arrived, collectors edition also as I want the art/soundtrack and USB drive.

Can't wait to get home and install it!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Just woke up and my copies are here.

Installing atm.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Is this game like Command and Conquer, etc (bear in mind I haven't played C&C for about 15 years) ?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yes except it's not shit like command and conquer :d

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
untrue
CnC WAS epic
cnc 4 is made of fail however :p

i heard that SC2 is basically Korean TV special , multiplayers, and there is no singleplayer at all ? you get the Terran campaign in the box and have to wait 6 months for the zerg/protoss ones? paid DLC anyone ?

can anyone whose got it confirm or deny that pls

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
C&C was good until EA got their grubby hands on it.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Only played first few missions in campaign so far. Loving the updates. I notice that as usual Blizzard shamelessly steal from other games, there's quite a few touches from Dawn of War 2 here.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Mabs - SC2 is split into 3 packs - terran/protoss/zerg - w/ around triple the content of original SC ( so about the same amount of stuff - but only 1 race per box ).

Multiplayer is across all of them though - all races available and you wont need to buy the protoss/zerg releases to play those races/etc.

And no - C&C was never good you pleb fucktards, westwood made up the C&C title to avoid paying for using the Dune IP and in the process went from 3 factions to 2 and shitted it up for the rest of its days ( Sound familiar to any daocers? ).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Mabs - SC2 is split into 3 packs - terran/protoss/zerg - w/ around triple the content of original SC ( so about the same amount of stuff - but only 1 race per box ).

Let me get this straight, to play all the content, you need to buy 3 boxes? :eek6:

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yes - but each has as much singleplayer content as the original SC ( Only SC2 Wings of Liberty is available atm - I think the zerg or toss pack gets released in 6-12 months ).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes - but each has as much singleplayer content as the original SC ( Only SC2 Wings of Liberty is available atm - I think the zerg or toss pack gets released in 6-12 months ).

Oh right, so the zerg/toss are add-ons. I thought they had the content but are releasing it in 3 different boxes, which would be such a moneycow move.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It is a moneycow move - the map editor is very flexible and easy to use ( some amazing addons already from beta ) - the extra missions coming in zerg/toss packs probably cost <1mill each to make and are going to make mirrions back.

That said - if your main focus is multiplayer it doesnt matter ( unless they total whore it up and make multiplayer units only available from toss/zerg boxes in which case gg I will never buy another blizzard product again ).

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i tend to play the single player games for the story, and fun, and somtimes do multiplayer with mates, but im too old for the competative "win in 3 mins or quit" rushers who populate multiplayer :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
There is a good matchmaking system Mabs - it gives you an ELO rating and once you're true rating is somewhat established you will only be matched up with similar opponents - so if you're billy buttonmasher and really really suck - after 5-10 games you will only be matched against similar lolbad opponents.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
C&C was crap but if we mentioning copying then we also have to mention how Starcraft is a massive clone almost of Warhammer 40k ( think was even suppsoed to be part of war40k universe before deal fell through).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Just posted this in RTS forum but my local supermarkets no longer stock PC games :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Something really nice I found.

I started playing on one machine and left another installing. I thought I was going to have to transfer my save games but since SC2 puts your status onto Battle.net, its all done for you.

I just logged in and started playing on the other machine when it was ready without having to do anything.

Sweet :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
There is a mini touhei game in the cantina as well :) Click the arcade machine in the cantina.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Aye I played the viking game once. Not really sidetracking from my inept RTS game-a-thon though :D

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I played the original to death, still go back to it occassionally.

You cant really ask 'how much have they changed' when SC came out so long ago, but is this one any good? Or will this new one turn me into a bitter-rage filled nostalgia monster :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Well I'm loving it so far. They've stolen the good bits from other RTS's while keeping the flavour intact. I can't comment on multiplayer but going by the fact that Moose is turning into a dribbling SC wreck, I'd estimate its rather good ;)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Not impressed with the Babylon 5 ripoff storyline once things get revealed but the cutscene with Zeratul and Kerrigan is awesome.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I won a Starcraft Battle Chest back in 1999 which was the game, add-on and strategy books.
I installed it, played it twice, uninstalled it.

It put me off RTS games for life. I've never played an RTS game since.

The one and only thing that was any good was the "Receiving incoming transmission" wav. That's been my SMS notification for years.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I won a Starcraft Battle Chest back in 1999 which was the game, add-on and strategy books.
I installed it, played it twice, uninstalled it.

It put me off RTS games for life. I've never played an RTS game since.

The one and only thing that was any good was the "Receiving incoming transmission" wav. That's been my SMS notification for years.

you suck - starcraft was mental

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Completed the single player campaign, though I missed a couple of missions. I notice I can't fill them in again without playing the campaign from start to finish again. Same goes for acheivements, though I'm not wildly bothered about extrinsic 'rewards'.

Good fun, nice epic feel to it overall.

Some of the artwork is lovely. The art that is shown during missions loads & exits are brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom