starcraft

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I want to know -- is it worth buying just for the single player?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Snap, if it is then I shall grab a copy tomorrow....

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Best RTS single player I've seen - the missions feel like part of the overall campaign and OMG THEY BORROWED THE WIN FROM DUNE2 - you get to pick your next mission out of several and it actually makes a difference.

They also stole the ship walkaround from wing commander.

It's definitely worth it for the single player - and more so than that - there are going to be hundreds of awesome user made content that will be worth it for a long long time to come.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Completed the single player campaign, though I missed a couple of missions. I notice I can't fill them in again without playing the campaign from start to finish again. Same goes for acheivements, though I'm not wildly bothered about extrinsic 'rewards'.

Good fun, nice epic feel to it overall.

Some of the artwork is lovely. The art that is shown during missions loads & exits are brilliant.

I bet you did it on normal mode you vag :p I've been working through it on hard mode.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Yup, I don't claim to be an RTS buttonfreakfulltimeplayer :)

I'd promised myself this game as a reward for the ridiculous amount of work/study I've had to do over the summer and I wasn't disappointed by the time I got to the end of the game :)

Messing around with the challenges and stuff now. You have a set amount of units and 3 places to defend. You divide them up before the fight and they are stuck in the area you deploy them once you start. Quite fun mini-game idea.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Messing around with the challenges and stuff now. You have a set amount of units and 3 places to defend. You divide them up before the fight and they are stuck in the area you deploy them once you start. Quite fun mini-game idea.

Pff, plants vs zombies > *. :D

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Just picked up my copy from HMV for £34.99 - picked it out the freshly delivered box myself. Excellent :)

Shame I've got like 10000* job interviews to do before I can take it home

* may not be 10000

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Just picked up my copy from HMV for £34.99 - picked it out the freshly delivered box myself. Excellent :)

Shame I've got like 10000* job interviews to do before I can take it home

* may not be 10000

and finally, before you go, i must ask..
TERRAN ZERG OR PROTOSS?!

Chilly

Balls of steel
only one choice - terran. expansions coming out for the other two. pisstake but the SP is loooong.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just bought mine from Gamestation had £35 on a gift card so had to pay a fiver can't believe it's marked up at 40 quid there.

Anyway i'm installing now and i might just give the campaign a quick whirl then go online as i think that is where the game is for me.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Worth playing the champaign, I'm only 5 missions in, but it's very good. Very story driven, good cut scenes.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Just bought mine from Gamestation had £35 on a gift card so had to pay a fiver can't believe it's marked up at 40 quid there.

Anyway i'm installing now and i might just give the campaign a quick whirl then go online as i think that is where the game is for me.

Don't worry it'll have to go some way to beat Batman: Arkham Asylum !
:lol:

Aada

Part of the furniture
Been online it's not bad just feels like any other RTS tbh and why shouldn't it i guess heh.

rush rinse repeat seems to be the tactic of the day.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Been online it's not bad just feels like any other RTS tbh and why shouldn't it i guess heh.

rush rinse repeat seems to be the tactic of the day.

Normal Service has been resumed.

Aada

Part of the furniture
pretty much, it's the reason i actually haven't played an RTS for years really everyone just types into google these days 'rush build order for xxxxx race' and it goes from there.

the campaign seemed pretty decent though from what i played so i will finish that i think.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Not impressed with the fact that I can't play vs Europeans with the North American version. I'm not buying the game twice, so I guess I'm not buying it at all.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Got my copy, cost £0. Well had to do some favours for Customer Services at work. Will look to install tomorrow evening as I am out on the lash tonight in Basingshite and then Newbury.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Some 'favours' eh? ;)

Want this now, if not only for the single player but I can't justify the spend. Bah :(

Talivar

Part of the furniture
The single player campaign is good but not as good as Dow2 imo, the cinematics are better but the rest just feels like its dow2 little brother. Ofc most people probally got this for the MP side so this isnt really important lol

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Played it through a second time now, playing the missions I skipped and choosing the alternative missions where there was a choice.

I chose Tosh this time instead of the assassin bint. Didn't use the new unit even once after getting it but the Tosh mission on New Fulsom I thought was way more fun than the bint mission.

Yomping thrugh the Nydus tunnels to blow up the faultline was great fun, really felt like a dungeon crawl. It felt harder than the alternative mission to destroy the orbital that housed the flyers. I definately felt the last stand mission, "All In" was harder with this option.

Purifying Haven instead of fighting the Protoss was fun and I liked the cutscene afterwards with the zergified doctor.

I also didn't spend any cash on any of the merc units this time out, instead I put everything into souping up my own units. This seemed a better use of the money and I didn't miss the mercs at all.

Its not entirely clear if Tychus is dead, though it looks like we're meant to assume he is.

Based on what we've seen regarding the end of all three civilisations I'd guess the Protoss are up next since we've already seen their last stand versus the Xel'Naga hybrid fellow and they can just follow on more easily from Zeratul's mini quest chain. If Kerrigan is the key to it all it makes sense to do the Zerg installment last.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Has anyone else read the Horus heresy Warhammer 40k novels?. Just wondered if anyone else felt like the encounter with the "other" terra and emperor with human sized marines in big armour was there /wave to SC.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Yea and thats probally why the space marines pwn the "fake" terrans lol. A sort of /wave but also a reminder who is the daddy,

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Anyone else playing multiplayer? The complaints people are making about it all being people doing the same all in rushes every game pretty much only applies to the lower leagues (bronze/silver/gold). When you get to the higher ones people actually have some macro ability so they aren't required to win in the first 5 minutes or lose because they can't multitask.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
People in higher leagues know how to defend these rushes - that's why you don't see them.

Lower league players can't macro in mid/late game or micro correctly mid/late game so their best chances of winning are early game pushes.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Having said that I just got photon cannon rushed in diamond league and failed to defend it :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'd be up for some friendly co-op but I'm generally shit at these types of games so not really interested in matching up against people :)

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Roo, I'd be up for that. How do I go about finding you people?

Seems my character name is Spedge and my number is 919 if that helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom