Games Star Trek MMO

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Going to stop with sto, just too boring. Pvp is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Are you actually still getting pvp matches popping? i'm permanentally queued everytime i log on and rarely even get one game in 2+ hours.. :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You could turn most of those 10 reason around and use them as a reason not to as well.

that post is written by someone that probably isn't playing the game and have only been reading the patch notes.

Like the klingon content he mentions. He actually thinks that we have enough and that they should start to work on other playable factions now....

And he mentioned the remade sector space as a reason to keep playing, i mean WTF?!?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think 10 changes would have been a better title. The new weekly was solid again I thought. Not sure about the validity of the "choice" at the end though.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Not played the last episode, sub ran out last thursday and i refuse to pay a full month sub any more just for 40 minutes a week worth of play time.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Don't blame you mate. I'm lifetime so not bothered.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Foundry has gone live. Some very very good stuff in there. Been bringing back a lot of people who are now doing the Episodic content and as much Foundry stuff as they can.

Did a ground PvE one with a mate the other day where we basically had circa 75-100 Romulans on a map coming right for us, it was insane but epic!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Is there any rewards tied to those foundry missions so it's possible to level up on them?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
As I'm maxed out I don't generally pay that much attention but from what I've seen so far you get drops at your level (so I get XI gear) and I think you get the usual XP for you and your bridge officers.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yeah but are there any XP rewarded when the mission is done?

I know you won't get any but you'd still see a chunk of BO skillpoints being handed out similar to what you'd get from the normal missions when you hand those in.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Borrowed a mates account and it's LT levels of XP rewards no matter what rank you play them on, if any at all...

Only thing worth playing if you wanna level up is the grind missions that only consists of spawning, getting blown up and taking everything with you in the explosion, rinse and repeat...

Fucking want...

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Most of the analysis actually points out that Cryptic is probably doing better than most of the rest of Atari and that when you're in the shit you sell the thing that's going to get you the most money.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Thats whats so scary.

If Cryptic is the company thats doing the best, what disaster is Atari in then?

I mean, Cryptic lost $7.5 million last quarter alone.

Atari must be bleeding money like the Niagara falls fgs...

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
The game makes big improvements with each between season patch. Season 4 is another leap forward and I'm looking forward to taking on borg that actually adapt (i.e. your shots stop working against them) and also to trying ground combat that's more like an FPS.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I might actually have to resub for a month and check it out when i have some time over.

Right now the steam summer sale is eating up both my time and all my money... :(

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'd give it a bit Ctuchik tbh. Post big patch always = some bugs. I'd give it 2/3 weeks before playing another month.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I don't think so. It was always going to happen after champions. It's good that Perfect World have that much faith in the game tbh.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well, i don't think faith has anything to do with it. Most F2P games do well no matter what.

PW might be a good choice tho as they aren't as anal with their item shop and rarely restricts actual gameplay content like Turbine does with DDO and LOTRO.

Ah well, i won't play it any way so they can do whatever they want. :)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's a shame it's not F2P now then, the borg stuff they've just released is actually quite fun.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Be that as it may, i won't touch the damned game until they have acceptable Klingon content to level up on.

And that's just not going to happen, they just put that promise on the engineering reports to fill it up now. :)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
The Klingon have come on an age mate. I finally started playing one properly. Admittedly it still lags behind but it's much better.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Last i played Klingon's had 5 (i think) story missions, one at each rank starting at LT, they actually have more now?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
No, they just dropped the news yesterday i think. Probably be a while longer.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
They recon that it'll be F2P before the end of the year but we'll see.

The feature episodes plus the extra content specifically for the Klingons have bolstered them a fair bit imho. There's still nowhere near as much content as for a Fed player but it's enough now where I'm levelling a character without feeling the "grind" burn my face.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Played the demo a while back, was unimpressed. Depending on how they control F2P might give it a second look but if its going to be like the LotRO model, I'll probably give it a wide berth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom