Games Star Trek MMO

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe try some of the diplomatic missions? They are a bit more puzzle-solving types rather than combat, combat, combat.

You talk to some blokey in the admirals office at earth spacedock to get them started...

Go for a little exploring and get some minerals for crafting?

I also believe you are high enough to start the weekly episodes too (but someone will tell me if i'm wrong!).

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Thanks Talyn. I did the crafting starter quest but it didn't exactly 'engage' (see what I did there?) me. I'll look into that diplomatic mission for sure. The variety of different types of xp is a bit confusing, lots to learn I think.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Just wait until you see the differing types of currency...I forget how many types there, but it's a lot. Apparantly it's on the board for reducing currency types in a future patch.

Off the top of my head (and I've been on most of today too) there are 3 types of xp. The stuff you get to actually level up (and spend on your skills), bridge officer points (which you level up... bridge officer skills with) and diplomacy xp which get for... diplomacy missions!!

By doing diplomacy missions (i believe there are only 4 levels to diplomacy at the moment) you gain the ability to transwarp to different places. As standard you can only transwarp to earth spacedock (think hearthstone from WoW). By doing diplomacy, you can transwarp to DS9 and other community 'hubs'. I think you get some other stuff too, but i forget what...

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Definitely do the diplomacy unless you want to spend ages in sector space.

If the missions are getting repetitive then join a PvP queue while you do some, that'll keep things more interesting.

Not delved much into the nuances of Season 3 yet but the sector space redesign is brilliant. Bit of a shame they didn't raise the level caps I think though.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Bit of a shame they didn't raise the level caps I think though.

Iirc it's planned for season 4.

Tho i have my doubts if this game will be around then or not.

They are not actually progressing the game anything at all. Season 3 were more or less a huge fluff revamp and added mission replay.

There is fuck all genuinely new in season 3 that i could find.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
We'll have to see what happens there tbh. I think they've been pretty smart. The Holodeck thing is a cop-out though, you're right.

The user generated content will be a huge boost for them though. It could very easily take a lot of pressure off of Cryptic for not giving more content as you've stated.

Also I'm starting to wonder if the lack of content is due to the nature of the star trek universe anyway, if they have to get everything signed off as being "canon" then it could be nigh on impossible for Cryptic to release anything. Who knows.

If they continue the episodic content I'd be content though as I actually quite enjoyed it.

Also I'm much happier with the crafting system. Finally I can actually use my resources again instead of watching them sit there because there is one particular particle trace I can't obtain without spending all of my credits to purchase.

I'm also quite hopeful about the whole "randomly finding stuff in sector space" that has been mentioned, but again, will reserve judgement on that one.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yes the foundry will make life easier for Cryptic.

And that is probably the only reason they are releasing it.

But i have my doubts there as well on how many of those missions will actually be enjoyable as you can only have that many "epic" battles before it gets old. :)

I've been snooping around in the foundry to see if there's anything worth putting any time on but i couldn't wrap my head around it.

It's insanely confusing and not well planned out at all.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
I've been snooping around in the foundry to see if there's anything worth putting any time on but i couldn't wrap my head around it.

It's insanely confusing and not well planned out at all.

So is the GECK for Fallout, yet people make some amazing mods for that. Let's just wait and see instead of being so 'glass is half empty' all the time...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
But it IS half empty, anyone saying otherwise is just deluded ;)

Besides, expecting the worst is usually the better option, then i get positively surprised when i'm wrong, which is always nice :)

/edit: and GECK is as far as i know more or less the exact tool the devs used to create fallout with, the "foundry" for STO is not anywhere near that. And GECK also has the options to import stuff or even make custom, well everything, foundry does not. so ppl can only use what is existing in the game already, which really isn't a whole lot by the standards of user generated content...

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Ugh want to stop playing this game i really do start to have the lack of pvp developments.. but more pvp on my youtube channel.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I'm enjoying the PvE game, some of the missions are excellent. There are a few shitty ones like finding the five giant asteroids in an asteroid field [insert YAWN here] but then there are great ones like the Devidians mission arc.

PvP seems to be all but non-existent which is disappointing but then I have no interest in playing a Klingon and I think most people playing a Star Trek game would expect to play as the Federation...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yes, what pve content that does exist is pretty good. But part from the "weekly not so weekly" episodes there is fuck all progression.

I was really really looking forward to season 3 because they promised us alot of pve content for both the federation and especially klingons. But what we instead got was shitty mission replay.

I don't want to replay stuff i've already done (and especially not when the missions does not scale to your level), i want NEW missions.

And i'd like some pvp updates as well, but there's just not enough ppl pvp'ing to make it worth the investment, so cryptic will just keep shooting themselves in the foot on that one.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Found some mission bugs this morning -- complete all the objectives but don't get the mission xp on completion, instead it resets as if it needs to be done again. That and no GM's during the holiday period has made me a sad tribble.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
lol, massively is a steaming pile of shit.

Sample any of their articles and you'll probably end up agreeing.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Didn't say it was the best thing since sliced bread, just pointing out that people seem to be agreeing that there have been improvements.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm not commenting at all on the state of the game as I've never touched it, it's just my civic duty to point out how silly massively are.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Agreed on that front. It's promising that Cryptic came third in the MMO Studio of the decade one. I think they have had a bit of a rough ride tbh. Yeah STO was rushed out the door but it really is making massive leaps and they're controlled as well. Sure we could all be flying warbirds today but it'd have collapsed in on itself by now if they had.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well, yes and no.

There are improvement and then there are improvements.

Yes they have made the game better to look at, but they have done practically fuck all to improve the end game.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
End game maybe but to be fair to them they've been releasing content and in my eyes that was done as a "we can't fix this yet" apology.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sure, they have released content.

What i'm getting tired of tho is that they seem to have actual content rather far down on their priority list.

Take season 3 for example.

What properly new content did they add?

4 repeatable patrol missions in Pi Canis for klingons?

The absolute majority of that patch were bugfixes/slight tweaks, mission replay (which they did not make to scale to your level by the way) and klingon crafting....

Yes they need to fix bugs and tweak the game, but should NOT have it as a major component in a supposed expansion.

Or am i actually that "rageblind" that i just can't see that it really is a proper expansion?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
God no, Season 3 is a bugfix.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Aye i noticed.

Hopefully they pick up the pace and wont wait months between the different series...

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
1 part a week again :(

Starman

Part of the furniture
Who's currently playing STO then - could use some new buddies :)

@StarmanUK

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
New episodic was up at the weekend. Was very spinky imho. Nice to go zipping around in the Delta Flyer.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Going to stop with sto, just too boring. Pvp is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
I'm still jumping in now and again. I have phases where I'll play for a day or three, then leave it for a couple of weeks.

Trouble is, since being out of work, (even after nearly a year) I can't play anything for more than an hour or two because I know there's something else I should be doing (IE: Working. I still have that mindset.) At the moment I just can't seem to play anything for more than an hour or so at a time. It's kind of like that 'I left the gas on' feeling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom