News Speedlimit to rise!?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It sucks that if I go to University in Scotland, I still have to pay £9k, whereas a jock would have to pay fuck all

How's that fair?

Equality?

Not sure if this is the case, but is it the same about Wales/Scotland and free prescriptions?

Dry your eyes and suck it up.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
anyhow i would like 80 to be the new 70 cause that + 10% +2mph = 90 so effectively it will be legal to drive 90mph \o/

rynnor

Rockhound
We don't have another country to leach off unfortunately :p

I dont think that position is true - if you look at the larger picture everywhere thats not the southeast leaches off of the southeast.

But then a chunk of the clever people making money for the southeast are scots so its all cyclical.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It was a joke.

I would rather live up there than here tbh.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Umm, why are people ragging on Scotland when the consultation is about motorway speeds in England and Wales?

I reckon it's a good idea.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Umm, why are people ragging on Scotland when the consultation is about motorway speeds in England and Wales?

I reckon it's a good idea.

Because what ever G says, I ask if there's such thing as that in Scotland, and he seems to educate me every time, so I'm enjoying the free education, Right up to university if you're scottish.

rynnor

Rockhound
Because what ever G says, I ask if there's such thing as that in Scotland, and he seems to educate me every time, so I'm enjoying the free education, Right up to university if you're scottish.

Lol - the bitterness is strong in this one.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
In Scandinavia they give you a free £500 a month to go to uni or something ridiculous, and no tuition fees. Masters degrees are also free to all EU students there. It's amazing the lack of funding that the England gives to higher education. It was amazing before the cuts, and its even more amazing now.

Gwadien

In Scandinavia they give you a free £500 a month to go to uni or something ridiculous, and no tuition fees. Masters degrees are also free to all EU students there. It's amazing the lack of funding that the England gives to higher education. It was amazing before the cuts, and its even more amazing now.

Might just go there to avoid the fees :<

Thing is - I guess Universities across the world are alot more 'exclusive' than the UK universities, IE, over here, you can do a degree in Lady Gaga, or David Beckham for gods sake, and these students do them degrees, and get nothing out of it = doesn't benefit the country, where as people who do useful degree's benefit the country, in my opinion - if you're doing a retarded course, you should pay for it yourself, if not, you get government funding, same deal if you have a life plan or not.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Because this is the internet.

Now go practice pretending to like shoes! :eek:

Gwadien

ignore the 'lifeplan' bit.. just realised how retarded it sounds.

l
m
f
a
o

old.user4556

Just the two of you? You guys are so cool.

gohan

FH is my second home
careful he's probly a ginger alcaholic with anger issues too :<, I don't see how Jock is offensive tho, you're the first person i've ever know to complain about it, most scottish people i know label themselfs jocks anyway.....

or is it like nigg*r, you've reclaimed the world so only you jocky mc jock jocks can use it?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
So we can use racial slurs here now? Cool.
Didn't say that. I'd grown to expect a far more level head from you as you've got more than half a brain.

If he's gotten to you that badly you need to thicken your skin G. I'd bet money you've not only said worse but heard far worse.

Also how do you know he didn't mean an athletic student? :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
At least he's admitted they're a different race. A lesser race as English would put it.

rynnor

Rockhound
So we can use racial slurs here now? Cool.

You have a point tbh - I dont think a bit of banter = racist stuff though for good or ill I think a lot of people wouldnt think of it as racist abuse.

I'm not saying its not its just a hangover from how the population was educated on it - ie. white on black = bad.

White on white wasnt really a part of it.

rynnor

Rockhound
If he's gotten to you that badly you need to thicken your skin G. I'd bet money you've not only said worse but heard far worse.

Hmm - I really dont like this - turning it around on the person who's been offended by racist abuse is very poor and then suggesting he is also a racist is ridiculous.

old.user4556

careful he's probly a ginger alcaholic with anger issues too :<, I don't see how Jock is offensive tho, you're the first person i've ever know to complain about it, most scottish people i know label themselfs jocks anyway.....

or is it like nigg*r, you've reclaimed the world so only you jocky mc jock jocks can use it?

Didn't say that. I'd grown to expect a far more level head from you as you've got more than half a brain.

Also how do you know he didn't mean an athletic student? :p

It all depends in the context and if there's deliberate offence intended. If some no-name twat on this forum starts mouthing off Jock left, right and centre; it doesn't really wash very well regardless of your own personal opinion on level of offensiveness.

If you wish to pigeon hole someone from Scotland, then use Scot. Otherwise use Jock if you want to cause offence.

Edit: also, telling me to thicken my skin is hardly any justification. Maybe blacks and asians need to thicken their skins too?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's an interesting notion to this day that everyone's "feelings" should be the benchmark for how things are determined.

So basically when you're the one choosing to be offended then he should use "Scot" because it pleases you more?

Well if that's how it works then I'm offended that you don't refer to me as "Sir" so from now on please refer to me as "Sir MYstIC G"

Or perhaps everyone could grow the fuck up?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
i got banned by mystic_g for 2 weeks once after making a black joke in response to a ginger joke, so i wouldnt expect too much sympathy.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
i got banned by mystic_g for 2 weeks once after making a black joke in response to a ginger joke, so i wouldnt expect too much sympathy.
You were banned by Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom