News Speedlimit to rise!?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'd be very against that if the trade off is an increase of 20mph zones as suggested.

Also all that will happen is more people driving at 90 or a 100 as they feel the limit is too low....

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Nobody polices 20mph zones, although one good thing about them, AFAI understand, is that speed bumps cannot now be installed along anything other than a 20mph zone.

An increase to 80mph won't really change much I think. Most people ignore the 70mph limit anyway, including the police.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Actually as most of my driving is urban that would affect me a lot.

20mph zone.

residents complain, oh noes no one is sticking to the limit on my road!

Council installs hump on road.

= more humps in urban areas.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'd be very against that if the trade off is an increase of 20mph zones as suggested.

Also all that will happen is more people driving at 90 or a 100 as they feel the limit is too low....

I normally drive at 85-90 on the motorway as long as traffic/conditions allow, all it really means for me is less chance of getting a random ticket because some young looking guy is driving a nice car and some bitter copper is annoyed.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
We try to stay away from riots and Islam.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I just checked the OED, and yes, riots and Islam are synonyms for work.

old.user4556

You guys worry about getting your own house in order.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I fucking hate speed bumps.

old.user4556

^ This.

And don't give us the north sea oil arguement, you have no rights.

Did you know that Scotland is sitting on oil fields that could rival the middle east?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So... we take the money away first, let your own government cause chaos, wait for the uprising, support the rebels and then install a puppet ruler and get all your oil. Proven method, works every time.

old.user4556

Alex Salmond is David Cameron in a fat suit. You've clearly never noticed that you never see them in the same meeting.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Isn't that simply because Salmond blocks everything behind him including the sun?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well that would certainly explain why it's so gloomy and sad in Scotland.

rynnor

Rockhound
It costs more to supply services in a low population density country like scotland (outside the cities) thus they should get more money. Similarly in wales.

Its a bit like complaining about subsidising the supply of services to people who live in the countryside if you live in the city.

I think everyone benefits from the union - the only real in-equality is that the english dont have their own devolved parliament so that they could tailor their own affairs in the ways that have been so sucessfull in scotland/wales.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It sucks that if I go to University in Scotland, I still have to pay £9k, whereas a jock would have to pay fuck all

How's that fair?

Equality?

Not sure if this is the case, but is it the same about Wales/Scotland and free prescriptions?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You guys worry about getting your own house in order.
When the Scottish economy generates a surplus, come back and say something, k?

rynnor

Rockhound
It sucks that if I go to University in Scotland, I still have to pay £9k, whereas a jock would have to pay fuck all

How's that fair?

Equality?

Not sure if this is the case, but is it the same about Wales/Scotland and free prescriptions?

Its how they choose to spend their budget though - england could do the same - it just means some other spending loses out.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We don't have another country to leach off unfortunately :p

old.user4556

Any chance we can refrain from Jock; it's no different to paki, so give it a rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom