Sooo Fallout 4 anyone?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Heh, people really don't know how to handle stuff and kneejerk into action :D

Though it's no surprise, it's always been fallout->elder->fallout. We can expect "skyrim 2" in 2018 already.

Del Toro also allegedly was working with the cinematics and if they indeed have a good cintrailer at E3, then it's a possible 2015 launch(november), or a Q1 2016.

Either way, can't wait :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So long as they don't hamstring it by making it look like something from 2005 so that the peasants can play on their antiquated tech.

For once I would like to play it without having to install a load of mods to sort out the textures and graphics.

leggy

Probably Scottish
So long as they don't hamstring it by making it look like something from 2005 so that the peasants can play on their antiquated tech.

For once I would like to play it without having to install a load of mods to sort out the textures and graphics.

Agreed, or have it run at 20 fps on a ninja rig.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd rather they optimize it so it can run on weaker PCs and still cater to highend. Luckily even if they don't go for high end we PC peeps have options as soon as the skyrim modders hop over :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'd rather they optimize it so it can run on weaker PCs and still cater to highend. Luckily even if they don't go for high end we PC peeps have options as soon as the skyrim modders hop over :p

Modders shouldn't have to fill a graphical void though, they should be there purely for content.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Modders shouldn't have to fill a graphical void though, they should be there purely for content.

Shouldn't, but they do. Just a fact of pc gaming. It's not defending poor graphics work by devs, but just saying that no matter what, we got options.

That's why they have sliders.

Like said, hope they optimize it well ;)

Sliders do f*ck all if the effects are near nothing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Console release. Graphics will not push PC at all.

I won't be buying - at least not early on. I'm willing to bet they won't change the thing that fucks me off most about these games - movement and the AI.

If they fixed those things then I'd be there. The universe and style is nice. Story is good. Plays like a stuck pooch tho :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
My biggest gripe(small one) would be if it's, as rumoured(boston), another location based game and not a fallout 1-2 style open world with several locations.

Otherwise i'm happy if they use the same mechanics, but improve lacking bits. That being said, an AI/control upgrade would be welcome ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I would prefer a more city oriented game rather than more vast wastelands of actual nothingness.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I would prefer a more city oriented game rather than more vast wastelands of actual nothingness.

If they can make it big enough to support exploration, then yeah. But the wasteland without the wasteland would be a bit iffy.

Just needs to go back a bit, focus on freedom instead of a storytrain.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Announcement tomorrow apparently.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well if this hits this year along with xcom, fml.

that would be a sweet clock though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Official trailer is live, can't link at work though :)

Looks pretty damn good graphically.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Aye but its nice and clean so should be very moddable. The outside bits certainly look pretty good too. Not fussed about character models, there will be day 1 mods for that stuff, leave the vanilla stuff for the peasants to worry about.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Looks like an upgraded vegas, with new lore, new story, and all in all...

Ah f*ck it...dogmeat!! :D

Only thing that's iffy is that the protagonist seems to talk. This means that they best have voice options 'cause if it's a set character it can go f*ck itself right up ze arse.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Just hoping it won't crash every 5 minutes like the other fallout FPS games have when it released...

leggy

Probably Scottish
Looks good. Will buy it for no more than 30 quid.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Will buy when complete GOTY+all dlc is out for cheap.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Why?
Scared you'll forget to buy it when it release properly if you don't? ;)

Well could go into a whole thing about the pre-order thing, but i'll stick to personal reasons;

Because at the pre-order time i might have the money i might not have when it releases. It's the same cash that i'd certainly put into the game anyway, so won't matter one way or other.

Other way to say it would be "will buy as soon as possible", if there's pr-order bonuses then the better :p

Caveat...if they announce collectors editions with some sweet loot, then i'll get that one.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And as far as pre-orders in general go; i get that you need to becareful with some produce and even more notable developers, but it's still a personal choice and i trust that fallout 4 will be at least enjoyable as a fallout world expander.

Atleast pre-ordering ain't supporting kickstarters, you may be getting sh*t but atleast you're getting sh*t.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Kind of agreed there. The story has always outweighed the dodgy models and textures.

For those who say it looks bad are just plain blind. The first time I played fallout 3 I thought it looked awesome. This will be no different.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap. I'll be happy with just fallout 3/nv graphics if the story/locations/etc hold up and it has that wasteland feeling and hasn't gone too hightech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom